General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/09, 05:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
With an intercooler you coulda killed that STI

That came across my mind when I couldn't pull any distance on him.

Also on my mind in those few seconds were getting thrown in jail, not being at Chris' school to pick him up (that's where I was heading), the Tacomobile getting towed to impound, and $$$$ in court fees..... so I was the first to back of the GO pedal.

You see, I am mature and responsible.
Old 9/16/09, 06:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Woo hoo I gots my internet tethering back after being on the phone with Apple Suport for over an hour & finding out AT&T does not offer tethering I still was kinda ok eh ! because I'm in Canada and my carrier is Rogers & my data plan is 6 gigs when I got my contract so after numerous restores and such I get a free i-phone corse of what to's so if anything keep your phone backed up , contact's etc as you can always add stuff down the road.
Old 9/16/09, 06:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Now that's an awesome look, and for cheap.
Old 9/16/09, 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
That came across my mind when I couldn't pull any distance on him.

Also on my mind in those few seconds were getting thrown in jail, not being at Chris' school to pick him up (that's where I was heading), the Tacomobile getting towed to impound, and $$$$ in court fees..... so I was the first to back of the GO pedal.

You see, I am mature and responsible.
Oh I know... it's what runs through my mind too any time I feel like putting the hurt on someone.... well, except for the Chris parts

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Woo hoo I gots my internet tethering back after being on the phone with Apple Suport for over an hour & finding out AT&T does not offer tethering I still was kinda ok eh ! because I'm in Canada and my carrier is Rogers & my data plan is 6 gigs when I got my contract so after numerous restores and such I get a free i-phone corse of what to's so if anything keep your phone backed up , contact's etc as you can always add stuff down the road.
My mac keeps the iPhone and all data backed up automatically, so restoring is never a problem

Glad it's back working
Old 9/16/09, 06:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess the mustang cafe at mel's is done! i guess they got a cease and desist from mall management
Old 9/16/09, 07:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

I guess the mustang cafe at mel's is done! i guess they got a cease and desist from mall management

Too bad. I liked Mel's it was closer and a bit better that R&Rs' IMO
Old 9/16/09, 07:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad. I liked Mel's it was closer and a bit better that R&Rs' IMO
Must be old school management how is a business suppose to survive with dumb azz guidlines like that. As far as I could tell the group was pretty behaved. The city of Rossmoor is the same way overcontroling if you don't look like a local expect to get pulled over.
Old 9/16/09, 07:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Okay Ray let's see some pictures of the lowered stang and the shoot you went to.
Old 9/16/09, 08:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Okay Ray let's see some pictures of the lowered stang and the shoot you went to.
In a bit... Mr. Antsy!

You shouldn't be street raci.....

sorry couldn't type it with a straight face.

With an intercooler you coulda killed that STI

LMAO!!!
Old 9/16/09, 09:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hotties with guns first video's cool lol
http://www.maxim.com/girls/hotties/b...h-weapons.html
Old 9/16/09, 11:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
In a bit... Mr. Antsy!

LMAO!!!
Dang where is it geez quit playing HalfLife!
Old 9/16/09, 11:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No more SUV!

Took the Stang to Stillen for H&R coilover and brake pad install today. Got there about 8:15 am and they started about 9:00. They finished most of the hardware installation by noon and then put it on the alignment rack after lunch for height adjustment, panhard bar adjustment and wheel alignment. That took about 4 & 1/2 hours and I left there at 5:00, a total of about 6 & 1/2 hours labor. They also put in a heavier adjustable front swaybar. It was a long day but it didn't drag on too long because they allowed me to take pictures and watch the install.

I love the ride height and it really doesn't feel overly harsh on the road. I can feel a definite jolt going over larger cracks and holes but for some reason (and I'm not complaining) regular freeway chatter seems slightly smoother now.

I had all the original parts bouncing around in the back seat and trunk making a bunch of noise so I still need to do a "real" street test. I also have not tested the handling properties because of all the loose parts in the car. I did scrape the front spoiler going out of Stillen's parking lot. But I did not scrape going into my own driveway. I didn't get the exact drop dimensions, I think it was about 1 & 1/2" all around. I'll try and get those measurements tomorrow. I don't think I will be able to make it over your speed bump Jed. We'll see!

LINK TO PICTURES...

BEFORE LOWERING

AFTER LOWERING

Old 9/16/09, 11:53 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
awesome stance!
Old 9/17/09, 12:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

No more SUV!

Took the Stang to Stillen for H&R coilover and brake pad install today. Got there about 8:15 am and they started about 9:00. They finished most of the hardware installation by noon and then put it on the alignment rack after lunch for height adjustment, panhard bar adjustment and wheel alignment. That took about 4 & 1/2 hours and I left there at 5:00, a total of about 6 & 1/2 hours labor. They also put in a heavier adjustable front swaybar. It was a long day but it didn't drag on too long because they allowed me to take pictures and watch the install.

I love the ride height and it really doesn't feel overly harsh on the road. I can feel a definite jolt going over larger cracks and holes but for some reason (and I'm not complaining) regular freeway chatter seems slightly smoother now.

I had all the original parts bouncing around in the back seat and trunk making a bunch of noise so I still need to do a "real" street test. I also have not tested the handling properties because of all the loose parts in the car. I did scrape the front spoiler going out of Stillen's parking lot. But I did not scrape going into my own driveway. I didn't get the exact drop dimensions, I think it was about 1 & 1/2" all around. I'll try and get those measurements tomorrow. I don't think I will be able to make it over your speed bump Jed. We'll see!

LINK TO PICTURES...

BEFORE LOWERING

AFTER LOWERING

Looks great no more 4 X 4. Now look out for them bumps, right Steve.
Old 9/17/09, 07:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
That took about 4 & 1/2 hours and I left there at 5:00, a total of about 6 & 1/2 hours labor.

I can feel a definite jolt going over larger cracks and holes but for some reason (and I'm not complaining) regular freeway chatter seems slightly smoother now.

Yikes! 6.5 hrs x shop rate =

New stance looks awesome!

This is the the way it should come from the factory.

Last edited by TacoBill; 9/17/09 at 07:55 AM. Reason: sp
Old 9/17/09, 08:56 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

I'm with Bill. Looks like it should. PERFECT!
Old 9/17/09, 09:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car looks great Ray! Love that stance! Like Bill said, this is how it should be from the factory!
Old 9/17/09, 09:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I'm with Bill. Looks like it should. PERFECT!

Looks great Ray !
Old 9/17/09, 09:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Of course it lookes GREAT even better and he'll feel better know the labor cost associated into it , but when he parks his hiny in the seat and goes cruiisn I'll bet he can tell it was worth it !
Old 9/17/09, 09:39 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
No more SUV!

If they would have had 'magic hands' they would have been finished sooner.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)