General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 9/9/09, 02:48 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Time to start over. Who's ready to pull a Tom?
Old 9/9/09, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill

All of our cars are modded, and some are going on 4 years old. What did you expect? Even Sal with all the current drama is keeping quiet here.
that and some of us have to work. I'd be on here more if I didn't have big brother looking over my shoulder all the time. It is what it is.

Here, this should stir things up.....

Instead of crying over how dead it is, why not contribute ? Maybe it'll spark a conversation. If you don't have anything to add you can't whine over how dead it is. Hey, I'm here check on posts and leave, so I'm not helping, but the same can be said for the one line hang-wringing.

Last edited by habu; 9/9/09 at 02:53 PM.
Old 9/9/09, 02:52 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by habu
that and some of us have to work. I'd be on here more if I didn't have big brother looking over my shoulder all the time. It is what it is.
You work with your brother. That must be cool.

I work with my dad and my niece.

Old 9/9/09, 03:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Hey Brian, Leo is the one with the stick in the mud tude.

I started a new thead in the Interior section.. okay, it was more of a re-write.

Stang stuff..
How long has it been since you guys cheked the air pressure in your tires?

A/C..
I need to get that stupid thing fixed. It's a major turn-off to drive the thing in this SoCal heat. I told a couple people, but I bought one of those hand held AC pressure gauges and tested mine. It's overcharged by several PSI. That rules out a leak.
Old 9/9/09, 03:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

I work with my dad and my niece.

the Orwellian 'big brother', The Corporate IT is closing down the web like it was going out-of-style and we now have software tracking all of the sites/pages...etc that everyone goes to. If it's not deemed related to business or on a specific list of already approved sites, the access will get eliminated.

We're going backwards. Then again we got hammered because some schmuck got a virus and spread it around. Took them 8+ months to remove it from the network, so now they're very sketchy.

As an example: A OB/GYN doctor could not look up a site because it had 'diaphram' and '*****' on the site. . A Doctor couldn't help a patient because a sex education site had 'naughty' words. It's F'n stupid if you ask me.
Old 9/9/09, 03:09 PM
Post *****

Did you check all the fuses and even the back of the AC controls in the dash?

Tire pressure was checked before my trip to Houston couple of weeks ago. All were good except passenger rear which was at 17. Slow leak?
Old 9/9/09, 03:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Brian, Leo is the one with the stick in the mud tude.

I started a new thead in the Interior section.. okay, it was more of a re-write.

Stang stuff..
How long has it been since you guys cheked the air pressure in your tires?

A/C..
I need to get that stupid thing fixed. It's a major turn-off to drive the thing in this SoCal heat. I told a couple people, but I bought one of those hand held AC pressure gauges and tested mine. It's overcharged by several PSI. That rules out a leak.
Well it was the best I could do without the siht-stirring smilie

You are VERY lucky you missed most of the heat-wave. I don't know how you do it because I don't think I'd drive my car without
the A/C.

On tire pressure... I've got the dummy light to tell me when it's low. it does come in handy
Old 9/9/09, 03:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice vid Gary. I didn't know you could shoot a 4 min vid on the iphone.

You moving out too Luis?
Yup, looking for a place for two. Moving on to bigger and better things. No more crappy area

You could shoot for 60+ minutes. Its all in the compression that Apple uses. Pretty neat feature

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
POTR is officially dead. Stick a fork in it.
Quit your b*tchin' and post more often
Old 9/9/09, 04:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Yup, looking for a place for two. Moving on to bigger and better things. No more crappy area

You could shoot for 60+ minutes. Its all in the compression that Apple uses. Pretty neat feature

Quit your b*tchin' and post more often
Good luck Luis. The next time I move will be into a house. There are few things I despise more than moving.

The new 16gb nano looks good with it's camera. For 179, it will be the perfect for at work and let's me leave the iPod classic in the car full-time

Of course it's going to have to wait until the CJ front-end goes on
Old 9/9/09, 04:17 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks! Yeah, I'm looking at strictly houses. I don't even want condo's. I keep looking for places with a garage With any luck, I'll be in a new place by October.
Old 9/9/09, 04:49 PM

Did you check all the fuses and even the back of the AC controls in the dash?

Tire pressure was checked before my trip to Houston couple of weeks ago. All were good except passenger rear which was at 17. Slow leak?
Yes, checked the plugs behind the climate control. The fan (speed) works fine, as does the AC switch as I can hear/feel the compressor kick in.
Also checked the 2 AC fuses in the SJB.
I know a Ford tech was troubleshooting for about an hour and still didn't find root cause. My prediction is $$$$, that's why I haven't taken it in yet.

17 psi.. sounds like it.

I don't know how you do it because I don't think I'd drive my car without
the A/C.
That's why I've been driving the Taco this week; I don't need azz and back sweat.

House.. Lomita.. = $$$

Good luck in your hunt.

The next time I move will be into a house. There are few things I despise more than moving.
Crap, the last move from unit to unit took you weeks to complete!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm looking at strictly houses. I don't even want condo's. I keep looking for places with a garage With any luck, I'll be in a new place by October.
Someone may have a roll-a-way for you.
Old 9/9/09, 05:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes, checked the plugs behind the climate control. The fan (speed) works fine, as does the AC switch as I can hear/feel the compressor kick in.
Also checked the 2 AC fuses in the SJB.
I know a Ford tech was troubleshooting for about an hour and still didn't find root cause. My prediction is $$$$, that's why I haven't taken it in yet.

17 psi.. sounds like it.

That's why I've been driving the Taco this week; I don't need azz and back sweat.

House.. Lomita.. = $$$

Good luck in your hunt.

Crap, the last move from unit to unit took you weeks to complete!

Someone may have a roll-a-way for you.
I'd help if I knew anything Bill, but you know me and electrical . Since it isn't a leak it has to be electrical.... again

We're giving you a break on the azz sweat, no one wants that and I don't blame you for driving the Taco.

Luis, just a word of caution... Roommates aren't always the easiest to deal with in regards to a house. Especially if you're renting. Maybe the people I rented from and the roommate were sketchy but it's made me untrusting of the whole situation.

Yeah, but I also did a 4-year spring cleaning. I threw away so much crap it wasn't funny. It didn't help that the landlord told me that I could take my time... Since I could I did
Old 9/9/09, 05:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

On tire pressure... I've got the dummy light to tell me when it's low. it does come in handy
Tire pressure I just checked mine because of the track event. I'm thinking of going with Nitrogen vs. air what do you guys think of that upgrade? My H-Lander has Nitrogen with those cutie green valve caps.
Old 9/9/09, 05:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<-- Has Nitrogen in my tires and I really like it... I don't seem to have the air pressure fluctuation as I did with normal air... Seemed to help my gas mileage a 'tiny' bit too...

Funny thing is I had these cool chrome/green caps on my tires... And the neighbor kids stole 'em within a week...
Old 9/9/09, 06:04 PM

Luis, just a word of caution... Roommates aren't always the easiest to deal with in regards to a house. Especially if you're renting. Maybe the people I rented from and the roommate were sketchy but it's made me untrusting of the whole situation.
Word dat. Besides, can't walk around nekked in your house with roomies.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Tire pressure I just checked mine because of the track event. I'm thinking of going with Nitrogen vs. air what do you guys think of that upgrade? My H-Lander has Nitrogen with those cutie green valve caps.
Do it! I think most tire places charge around $20 for the air swap?

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Funny thing is I had these cool chrome/green caps on my tires... And the neighbor kids stole 'em within a week...
Old 9/9/09, 08:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Word dat. Besides, can't walk around nekked in your house with roomies.
Gotta remember to put the seat down, no channel surfing in you're skivvies, who's night is it to do the dishes.... the list goes on. It's a drag, but it can be cheaper. Of course it helps if you have "benefits" but when you can't the roomie any longer to deal with the fallout of said benefits, that's when it's time to leave.....

From what I've heard

Nitrogen in the tires.... I dunno, are the benefits worth the 20 bucks ?? I haven't had to change out the summer air for fall air or early winter air so I haven't worried about it. Come to think of it, wonder the level of my taillight fluid is ????

Last edited by habu; 9/9/09 at 08:04 PM.
Old 9/10/09, 12:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

The best thing to do is just shut down POTR and have a mod lock it. Leave it for people to agonize over 'how it was'.........

http://www.livescience.com/culture/0...l-network.html
Originally Posted by From Article
The results showed that personal network sizes remained stable, but that many members of the network were new. About 30 percent of discussion partners and practical helpers had the same position in a typical subject's network seven years later. And only 48 percent were still part of the network. This finding goes against previous research which had showed that social network sizes are shrinking.
emphasis mine.

Time to start over. Who's ready to pull a Tom?
As far as a 'pulling a Tom', if I could afford one and keep the stang I would. I have no fantasy and know that I'll lose all the mod money I've sunk into the money pit should I ever sell it or wreck it. In complete honesty it's been a pretty good effort on how to blow almost 15K in a couple years and I didn't do two engines like Bill. Almost think hookers and blow would have been a better thing to do with the 15K.

Dad was right and this was incredibly impractical. Its fun and I love it to death and I probably wouldn't change a thing, but entirely impractical. But I'll never admit it to my dad. Thus the search goes on for a 2nd vehicle.

Last edited by habu; 9/10/09 at 12:10 AM.
Old 9/10/09, 12:15 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
it's like I tell my dad, these cars arent supposed to be practical. They're supposed to be sports cars that can be somewhat practical. I wont drive mine everyday, it'll be a weekend cruiser, or driven on nice days to school. sure, I could get something else that would be practical...but I'm young, got no obligations, so it's a perfect time to get one. Dont want to regret having not gotten one...my dad gave up a 57 thunderbird when he was young, because it wasnt practical for him at the time, bought a jetta tdi instead.
Old 9/10/09, 12:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

What did you expect? Even Sal with all the current drama is keeping quiet here.
HEY, I HEARD THAT!

I'm just tired of crying in my beer...I am concentrating on getting it back together....it’s a forged 302 now....things should go smoother this time around.
(I hope)

...just waiting on a used pair of heads to finish it up.

So, what's all this crap I am hearing about you guys abandoning the thread....WTF?

Last edited by fabman; 9/10/09 at 12:37 AM.
Old 9/10/09, 12:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

some people are whining that it isn't 'active' enough in POTR and it's 'dead', 'stick a fork in it'

There's a button to push, so I'm pushing it.

Between the slowdown of the mods, work, life and everything else POTR can't be the center of attention for everyone anymore and to having the 'stick a fork in it' or 'time to move on' comments thrown about is just asinine, IMO

oh wait there all better, no feelings were abused, but some binaries were terribly inconvenienced

Sal
Glad you got the forged 302 before the bottom fell out at T_____, no pun intended. As I am sure you are well aware of, with that power be on the look out for the next weak link, which could be the 3rd gear intermediaries in the tranny (not that I know what the hell those are of course)... otherwise, look forward to seeing the results. With a good tuner that thing should be a real beast.

Last edited by habu; 9/10/09 at 12:51 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)