Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt

awww that's sweet....

So if anyone is wondering.. Here is the levellers

Click Here
Old 1/11/09, 09:38 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Anybody going to Germany that can pick up a set for me...

I'm gonna check the local RV place. They look to be about 14-16" long?
Old 1/11/09, 10:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunday spent some time at the Taco garage, here are a few pictures I'll let Leo describe this one.

Jed

Old 1/11/09, 10:07 PM
Post *****

I see the foot stool has been resurrected.
Old 1/11/09, 10:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I see the foot stool has been resurrected.
Ya the stool has more screws in it than Xavier Hollander!
Old 1/11/09, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Ya the stool has more screws in it than Xavier Hollander!
Xavier Hollander??? I'm not shy about admitting my age but... Jed???
Old 1/11/09, 10:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by veilside.mustang
Xavier Hollander??? I'm not shy about admitting my age but... Jed???
I was just showing off my broad knowledge, she was more of my brothers era. I just think the name was catchy

Hey where you been hiding? The holidays are over time to get back with the Bro's.

Jed
Old 1/11/09, 10:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I was just showing off my broad knowledge, she was more of my brothers era. I just think the name was catchy

Hey where you been hiding? The holidays are over time to get back with the Bro's.

Jed
Hiding under my Commander in Chief's mini-skirt taking a peek... Had the kiddies all weekend - again. Even had to take them to Costco on Saturday when you were all having fun at B's! Mustang ended up loaded w/72 cans of soda, Tide, Downey, cans of food, milk, whatever. Son Jack had to carry a huge box of Cup Noodles on his lap in the front seat as there was no more room left! Rear tires were rubbing just cruising down Ball Rd/Wardlow Rd, the 'Stang was so loaded...

Blew off some steam Saturday evening...a lot of steam. But as mentioned in a response to Brian's post, I think the clutch is starting to slip. Pretty particular smell was heavy after coming to a stop...

Last edited by veilside.mustang; 1/11/09 at 10:54 PM.
Old 1/12/09, 08:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Anybody going to Germany that can pick up a set for me...

I'm gonna check the local RV place. They look to be about 14-16" long?
From the link

173mm = 6.81"
530mm = 20.866
130mm = 5.11

So it looks like you removed the UCA ? The shift light will not work with the mount on the pod without removing the pod and guage and even then it's questionable. Disappointed a little bit I have to figure a way to get it to work and be able to use the "launch feature" which I not actually going to be able to use because of the clutch issues.
Old 1/12/09, 08:20 AM
Post *****

Thanks Brian.
Old 1/12/09, 08:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Hey guys I know it's been awhile since I've been on last.

But, quick question....

Does anyone have a link to a valve covers install thread on TMS. The search function is NOT working for me at the moment for some reason. I tried looking on Bill's sticky and couldn't find it either.
Old 1/12/09, 08:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey Mike

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=453730

That's the TB thread it opened for me, so it *should* work. Yell if it doesn't
Old 1/12/09, 09:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Bill Click on this picture for info on the Sub Woofer.
Thanks for the link Jed! I can see this in my future.

Saturday morning SoCal Peeps job of the day Leo's UCA and Brian's Raptor shift light.
Fun day for sure!

I want to thanks everyone for coming over and many, many thanks to TacoBill, Jed and Luis for their over and above work with the Shift-Light.
You're welcome Brian!

Please pass down a big 'thank you' to your peeps for their awesome hospitality, as always.

Originally Posted by Ray Man
I dropped off the Stang at ST Motorsports today after work for the blower install.

Thanks to those who tried to get me a deal on the install. No deal, I'll have to bend over big time for this. It sounds like it will be ready for pickup on Wednesday.
No one bent over as much as I did. I was in the 'grab your own ankes' position, so consider yourself lucky Ray.

That said, hope everything goes smooth with the install and that you'll be able to go into boostland!

... No one ever said it was cheap to get it installed. But if you want it done right, it's at the right place. (Bill I'm not knocking RET, they'd be able to get it done right too).

On a slightly sour note

Looks like the clutch is toast.
No worries, no knock.

For ST, RET, GTR, etc.. these type of cookie-cutter installs can be done no problem as they've a ton of them.

Clutch... ouch!
Makes me feel good that I took the plunge on the Centerforce DF while the motor was out.
I know some people may not like the Centerforce, and sure that there are other clutches that are stronger, but for the price, you can't beat it.
Old 1/12/09, 09:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Sunday spent some time at the Taco garage, here are a few pictures I'll let Leo describe this one.
Yes, I'll let Leo chime in on Sunday's experience and why we did what we did.

Let's just say that Jed and I got hands-on experience with a certain suspension component.

It put Leo and myself into the doghouse, but we did what we had to do.. finish the job!

The shift light will not work with the mount on the pod without removing the pod and guage and even then it's questionable. Disappointed a little bit I have to figure a way to get it to work and be able to use the "launch feature" which I not actually going to be able to use because of the clutch issues.
Say what?

Can't you just switch to the black plastic clip that was on your Raptor instead of that 'X' bracket?

That seems to be the easiest thing, just to rotate it to access the program button.
Old 1/12/09, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

First things first, A huge thanks to Brian’s Mom and Dad for once again being awesome hosts and providing all of us with some great food. Second thanks to Bill, Kevin and Jed for wasting their entire Sunday helping me remove and reinstall my stock UCA so I didn’t drive all the way to SD with DS vibration and probably kill my rearend.

So after spending 4-5 hours installing the Steeda UCA on Saturday at Brians I come to find out on my way back home that the UCA is now causing my driveshaft to vibrate. So then on Sunday I had to go over Bill’s Bro-in-laws house Kevin and remove the Steeda UCA and reinstall the stock UCA. The whole thing was a pain in the butt and put a damper on what should’ve been a pretty fun weekend. I’m sure Bill or Jed will vouch for the defeated look I had on my face. It’s just so frustrating to spend so much time and effort on a mod only to end up back where you started. With that said for the short time I did have the UCA on the car did feel better at launch. So I may consider just exchanging the current UCA for the Steeda version that’s supposed to be the same length as stock. If I do this though I’m taking it to a shop as I don’t ever want to deal with the UCA again.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 1/12/09 at 11:05 AM.
Old 1/12/09, 11:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Please pass down a big 'thank you' to your peeps for their awesome hospitality, as always.
+1

Thank you Brian and your parents for a great day/great food!

Hopefully the clutch wont be too expensive!

Hey Bill..that sub for 200 is a lot better deal than the unit I have. And after listening to both of the units I'm sure you will go with the one jed has.

So it looks like you removed the UCA ?

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
At work so I don't want to get into a lengthy post but let's just say I wouldn't recommend a UCA to anyone and I'm back to the stock UCA. I'll post the entire story later on unless Jed or Bill want to tell everyone before I do.
What happened? Noise? driving/launch issues? Well I hope all is well the the stock unit. At least you saved me some money! My back is sore!
Old 1/12/09, 11:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Special thanks to George for giving me a ride back to my pad. It was fun cruisin' in the PJ.
No problem Ray!
Old 1/12/09, 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
What happened? Noise? driving/launch issues? Well I hope all is well the the stock unit. At least you saved me some money! My back is sore!
Vibration at anything above 65mph. Since I didn't do a highway test a Brians I didn't know I had an issuse until my drive to Hawthorne that night. Tell me about it my whole body is sore. Removing and reinstalling yesterday sucked even more because I was already sore from Saturday. To make matters worse the 22mm wrench slipped from the UCA bolt and busted me on the side of the head. I've got a 1-2 inch cut on the side of my head. The UCA install literally kicked my ***.
Old 1/12/09, 11:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Vibration at anything above 65mph. Since I didn't do a highway test a Brians I didn't know I had an issuse until my drive to Hawthorne that night. Tell me about it my whole body is sore. Removing and reinstalling yesterday sucked even more because I was already sore from Saturday. To make matters worse the 22mm wrench slipped from the UCA bolt and busted me on the side of the head. I've got a 1-2 inch cut on the side of my head. The UCA install literally kicked my ***.
Wow that sucks!! I bet your sore doing that two days in a row!! Your stang has kicked everyone's ***!!

Thanks for the brace!!
Old 1/12/09, 11:31 AM
Cobra R Member

hey Mike

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=453730

That's the TB thread it opened for me, so it *should* work. Yell if it doesn't
Excellent. Thanks Brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)