General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/06, 08:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Well, since we're picking nicknames, guess I'm the LIGHTENING ROD! (At least according to some of you. )

Susan? Daryl? Leo?... find yours.. and no repeats!
Old 9/22/06, 10:31 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Well, since we're picking nicknames, guess I'm the LIGHTENING ROD! (At least according to some of you. )

Susan? Daryl? Leo?... find yours.. and no repeats!
Yeah... no copying MASTER OSCILLATOR!

Can I give one to Susan? EXCITATION POTENTIAL

For reference: http://www.centurionndt.com/glossary.htm
Old 9/22/06, 11:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper

Nice one
Funny Bill

I'm a FREQUENCY when I have ZERO BALANCE.
Old 9/23/06, 01:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well I had a great day today which is leading into what's going to be a great weekend. I went and watched Jacka$$ 2 with the wife. As excepted it was hilarious. Those guys are nuts. Whatever you do don't let your kids see it. After that we went to Qualcomm stadium where they had a race night. I saw Don W and a few other members there but didn't talk to them since I don't really know them. Don's car is fast as F***. Make me want a supercharger. Well I'm in Hawthorne now anxiously awaiting tomorrow morning. BTW I installed my 281 emblems today but my camera wasn't charged so I couldn't take any pics.

Tom- I noticed what you were talking about with the 281 emblem not sitting flush on the shaker. IMO it's not that big a deal. What bothered me was the fact that the 281 emblems appear to be made for the right side only. Don't like that it reads 182 on the right side.
Old 9/23/06, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
... Well I'm in Hawthorne now anxiously awaiting tomorrow morning.

... What bothered me was the fact that the 281 emblems appear to be made for the right side only. Don't like that it reads 182 on the right side.
I have a feeling Leo will be posting up a video soon.

Don't let the 'backward' 281 get to you, it's just the way it is (I know what you're talking about). It's like the running pony thing, looks funny on the passenger side as its supposed to be running in the 'left' direction.
Old 9/23/06, 08:55 AM
GTR Member

Tom- I noticed what you were talking about with the 281 emblem not sitting flush on the shaker. IMO it's not that big a deal. What bothered me was the fact that the 281 emblems appear to be made for the right side only. Don't like that it reads 182 on the right side.
If they were a little more flexible, then that top corner would lay down better. I even tried heating them up first, but they were still too stiff. If you mount them lower, then the corner wouldn't stick up as much, but they look the best when centered. What bothered me the most is that they are a little out of proportion. They need to be about 25% smaller:

Attachment 9943 Attachment 9944

As far as the one side saying "182", I never thought that. In Florida, we read left to right no matter which side of the car we're standing on.

Luckily you didn't get the "Cobra Jet" emblems... the one side would have said "teJ arboC".
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3613.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3613b.jpg  
Old 9/23/06, 02:42 PM
GTR Member

Bill, I think you should get this to try it out for all us SCT owners:

http://www.bamachips.com/store/index...67238673dccb0e

I'd like to see a video of you lighting it up with that tune!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I paid more attention to the tach when driving. When I pull away from a light at a decent rate this is what I see:

1st: Idle pulling to 5000 RPM
2nd: RPM's drop to 3250 and then back up to 5000 RPM
3rd: Drop back to 3250 and then... well, by then I'm already way over the speed limit, so I don't know.

This is doing some pretty quick shifting and the RPM's still drop to just above 3000.

So, it looks like I'll ultimately end up using the 93 Performance Tune (like Mike).
Old 9/23/06, 04:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Talking

Well with the help of Bill and his Brother-in-law Kevin I installed my H-pipe today. All I can say is wow. It sounds friggin awesome. The car sounds the same at cruising speeds which is great as that was my main concern. At wot it's outrageous. Right after the install I went to the local mall and enjoyed setting off car alarms. Bill and Kevin took all the pics so as soon as I get them I'll make sure to post. Bill also made a vid clip so I'll be posting that here in the near future. I give this mod 2 big . Tom, Daryl, Susan you don't know what your missing. BTW no CEL so far.
Old 9/23/06, 04:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If they were a little more flexible, then that top corner would lay down better. I even tried heating them up first, but they were still too stiff. If you mount them lower, then the corner wouldn't stick up as much, but they look the best when centered. What bothered me the most is that they are a little out of proportion. They need to be about 25% smaller:

Attachment 9943 Attachment 9944

As far as the one side saying "182", I never thought that. In Florida, we read left to right no matter which side of the car we're standing on.

Luckily you didn't get the "Cobra Jet" emblems... the one side would have said "teJ arboC".
BTW I've decided I'm keeping the emblems. I put mine on slightly different than what Bill's. I have the "2" just in front of where the ribs start on the scoop instead of the emblem starting where the ribs are. Will post some pics later.
Old 9/23/06, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I do! As in, "Let's go fishin' y'all! And catch sum tuner!" Am I close?
Jessica Simpson infamously ate tuna while on her South Beach diet and asked Nick "is this fish or is it chicken that I'm eating?"
Old 9/23/06, 05:32 PM
Bullitt Member

For reference: http://www.centurionndt.com/glossary.htm
Aww, I appreciate the um... compliment (?) Well, let's see, I definitely do NOT have the AMPLIFICATION FACTOR, not ASYMMETRIC either. I have been referred to as a DECIBEL on occasion. I like to think of myself as an AUTOTRANSFORMER.
Old 9/23/06, 05:43 PM
GTR Member

Tom, Daryl, Susan you don't know what your missing. BTW no CEL so far.
I'm sure it sounds wonderful! But, until I hear one installed on a vert (while in the car driving), I won't be getting one. Looking forward to the pics and vids!
Old 9/23/06, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have flowmasters just like you do and I can guarantee you that at cruising speeds it's sounds exactly the same. It's only at wot or when accelerating that it sounds outrageously loud. Other than that it seemed as though I still had my factory H. Since the flowmasters are a chambered muffler their not as loud as others. Well that's my recruiting speech wether or not you sign on the dotted line is up to you. I'm sure you could always sell them to someone locally if you didn't like them.
Old 9/23/06, 10:15 PM

Bill, I think you should get this to try it out for all us SCT owners:

http://www.bamachips.com/store/index...67238673dccb0e

I'd like to see a video of you lighting it up with that tune!
Man, I should've ordered all 91 tunes (Perf, Torque, and Race)!

Maybe I'll e-mail Doug and see if he can cut me deal on the Race Tune.

If I get it, I'll make a video you'll never forget.

Well with the help of Bill and his Brother-in-law Kevin I installed my H-pipe today. All I can say is wow. It sounds friggin awesome...
BTW no CEL so far.
Yes, all went well with Leo's Pypes install. Just one surprise and 1 post install issue, but both minor.
Surprise is that having an automatic means the the O2 sensors are placed differently. Specifically, making one of them a bear to get to.
Post issue was one of the mid-pipe clamps came loose.

I'll let Leo elaborate more on these.

I gave Leo the initial start-up video, but again, my digital camera mic doesn't do it justice. The O/R H and Flowmasters sounds mean and raw!
Old 9/23/06, 10:29 PM
GTR Member

I'm sneaky... just looked through all of Leo's pics... no vids, though.

Have fun at the QM tomorrow, Bill... don't forget about me! You know what I'm talking about...
Old 9/24/06, 01:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Pics and vids are up click on my sig to check them out. Well I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones but my CEL came on today. No problem just more of an excuse to order my tuner this week.
Old 9/24/06, 02:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes, all went well with Leo's Pypes install. Just one surprise and 1 post install issue, but both minor.
Surprise is that having an automatic means the the O2 sensors are placed differently. Specifically, making one of them a bear to get to.
Post issue was one of the mid-pipe clamps came loose.
I'll let Leo elaborate more on these.
The install went fine and am fairly confident if needed to I could do myself. As Bill says the only PITA came when trying to unplug the "Green" 02 sensor on the passenger side of the H-pipe.Here's a pic so you can see which one I'm talking about.

The green one was a PITA.

Let me show you why. For reference this pic was taken looking down into the engine and from where the car battery is supposed to be. As you can see by the pic unless you have the hands of a five year old this is a real PITA to get to. THANKS FORD!!

FYI the other two 02 sensor's sit right under the tranny like so and they were easy as cake.

The only other thing I can say that was a pain about the install was getting the stock h-pipe bolts off. Don't even bother trying to loosen these with out some penetrant oil. Unless of course you've won a strong man competition. Other than that I'd have to say it was pretty simple install. The only minor hiccup came 3 hours later when I was driving around and I started getting a real raspy/rattley noise from the passenger side of my exhuast. Once I got home I checked it out and it seems that while we were adjusting the muffler tips the mid-pipe slipped out of the clamps a bit. Either way drove back down to Bill's and he corrected the problem in 5 minutes tops. No biggie.

As I stated before I love my O/R H-pipe is sounds friggin BADA$$!

I'd like to say thanks once again to Bill and Kevin for lending me there help,time, and garage.

Here the link to the vid. The video doesn't do it justice it sounds 3,000 times better in person.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...gAnch=imgAnch1
Old 9/24/06, 07:28 AM

Have fun at the QM tomorrow, Bill... don't forget about me! You know what I'm talking about...
I won't forget!
It's time for me to jet outta here now and head down to the show. I'll let you guys know how everything went.

I'd like to say thanks once again to Bill and Kevin for lending me there help,time, and garage.

Here the link to the vid. The video doesn't do it justice it sounds 3,000 times better in person.
You're welcome!

Correction: 2nd pic was shot from the ground, looking up into the the engine compartment (pasenger side).

And it doesn't sound 3k better than the vid, it's more like 10K better!
It's impossible to catch the raw feeling of that exhaust from a camera video clip.
Old 9/24/06, 11:38 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by swwake
I definitely do NOT have the AMPLIFICATION FACTOR,
Are you referring to your teeth?
Old 9/24/06, 04:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Car Show Pics!!

Here's pics from the Queen Mary Show. I left before the awards were announced so I don't know If Bill won or not. I'm sure he did since they're giving trophy to the top three of his class and there only 6 or 8 total. So there's not doubt he'll place. Well the ford racing vehicle that was unveiled was the Shelby GT, what a let down. Well enough chit chat here's the link.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...977#post746977

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)