Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 12/17/08, 10:22 AM
  #27201  
Cobra Member
 
officespace56's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 1,187
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jed, what did you use to paint your axle? I am thinking about doing that this spring.
officespace56 is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:28 AM
  #27202  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veilside.mustang View Post
Heck, I can't even afford a MHL...
What's a MHL?




Originally Posted by habu View Post
on the beater front... hear me out.
Shouldn't the trait of a DD be reliability? All this engine swapping and hot rodding will be hardly that.

Though messing with a 429 sounds uber cool, not sure if I'd want a hopped up DD.




Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I don't think going to the CS front bumper will solve your problems. Reason being the CS bumper still sit's lower than the stock GT bumper. Is it the same as the CDC chin? I'm not sure but I willing to bet it's pretty close.
The CS clearance has got to be way more than the CDC Classic.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:31 AM
  #27203  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
What's a MHL?

The CS clearance has got to be way more than the CDC Classic.
Your favorite girly beer.

Next time you and Luis are hanging out get some measurements.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:33 AM
  #27204  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veilside.mustang View Post
Let's see... I have $550 in day care, $125 for the daughter's dance lessons, $140 for the kid's piano lessons, and $300 per month in ultra-miniskirts for the wife...
Dance? Piano? C'mon Koji, ditch those pansy classes and sign them up in Martial Arts. Our Asian kids are expected to know some kind of fighting skills, and if they don't, they'll get picked on to no end.

Chris.. Gracie Jiu-Jitsu $55/mo, Muay Thai $75/mo, Judo.. free!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:37 AM
  #27205  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Your favorite girly beer.
Want to start that sh*t again?

Oh btw Leo, I bought a pack of Djarum Golds lastnight.




Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Next time you and Luis are hanging out get some measurements.
You'd like to see those results wouldn't you. :gay:


Seriously, mine is lower, not sure by how much though.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:40 AM
  #27206  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Want to start that sh*t again?

Oh btw Leo, I bought a pack of Djarum Golds lastnight.





You'd like to see those results wouldn't you. :gay:


Seriously, mine is lower, not sure by how much though.
So did you try them?
The results would probably be on the low side just like your HP/TQ numbers. (You started it)

I'm sure the CDC is lower but not by much.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:40 AM
  #27207  
Bullitt Member
 
veilside.mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 23, 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Dance? Piano? C'mon Koji, ditch those pansy classes and sign them up in Martial Arts. Our Asian kids are expected to know some kind of fighting skills, and if they don't, they'll get picked on to no end.

Chris.. Gracie Jiu-Jitsu $55/mo, Muay Thai $75/mo, Judo.. free!
Sh_t, Taco Bill, pansy classes my _ss! My oldest boy (20 now) was ranked 5th in Southern CIF wrestling, 135 pounds! 3rd place California Judo (when he was 12)!
veilside.mustang is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:41 AM
  #27208  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by officespace56 View Post
Jed, what did you use to paint your axle? I am thinking about doing that this spring.
I'll take a picture of the spray can tonight. I know it was a Krylon product actually used for metal outside patio furniture.

Koji here's a view...

I use a wire brush attachment on an air tool to clean the rust off. Then I used an acetone damp towel to wipe off any dust and grease. The hardest part was in the masking where the paint shouldn't go. Once that done your on EZ street!



JedCranium is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:42 AM
  #27209  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veilside.mustang View Post
Sh_t, Taco Bill, pansy classes my _ss! My oldest boy (20 now) was ranked 5th in Southern CIF wrestling, 135 pounds! 3rd place California Judo (when he was 12)!
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:47 AM
  #27210  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
So did you try them?
The results would probably be on the low side just like your HP/TQ numbers. (You started it)
Not yet.. maybe this weekend.

You're right, my numbers are a tad lower than yours.. you got me there.
But I won't mention that you're still running the lady finger rods... oops! I just did.







Originally Posted by veilside.mustang View Post
Sh_t, Taco Bill, pansy classes my _ss! My oldest boy (20 now) was ranked 5th in Southern CIF wrestling, 135 pounds! 3rd place California Judo (when he was 12)!
You oldest boy is good, I was referring to the dance and piano classes as pansy-***.

btw, GJJ eats wrestlers and Judokas for breakfast. Royce already proved than a number of times.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:48 AM
  #27211  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Not yet.. maybe this weekend.
Your waiting for your date with your ***** Louis (Luis)?
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:54 AM
  #27212  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Your waiting for your date with your ***** Louis (Luis)?
Don't be jealous Leo, you'll always be my first *****.

If you're nice, I'll save you couple when you head up this or next weekend.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:55 AM
  #27213  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium View Post
I use a wire brush attachment on an air tool to clean the rust off. Then I used an acetone damp towel to wipe off any dust and grease. The hardest part was in the masking where the paint shouldn't go. Once that done your on EZ street!
Hey! What kind of sicko keeps their undercarriage clean?
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 10:56 AM
  #27214  
Bullitt Member
 
veilside.mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 23, 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JedCranium: you have your car COVERED and its in a GARAGE????? But the car looks SA-NI-TAR-Y!
veilside.mustang is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 11:00 AM
  #27215  
Bullitt Member
 
veilside.mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 23, 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
You oldest boy is good, I was referring to the dance and piano classes as pansy-***.

btw, GJJ eats wrestlers and Judokas for breakfast. Royce already proved than a number of times.
Doooh!! We'll just have to find out!! He bench presses 310 pounds and he weighs only 150 pounds...and this is before he eats his Cheerios!
veilside.mustang is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 11:01 AM
  #27216  
Bullitt Member
 
veilside.mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 23, 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, Taco Bill. What kind of touchy-feely message are you sending out with your new avatar...and to whom?????
veilside.mustang is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 11:02 AM
  #27217  
Cobra Member
 
officespace56's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 1,187
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice avatar Bill
officespace56 is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 11:03 AM
  #27218  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium View Post
I'll take a picture of the spray can tonight. I know it was a Krylon product actually used for metal outside patio furniture.

Koji here's a view...

I use a wire brush attachment on an air tool to clean the rust off. Then I used an acetone damp towel to wipe off any dust and grease. The hardest part was in the masking where the paint shouldn't go. Once that done your on EZ street!



That Blue bar and silver irons on each side what are they (brand name) and purpose I think they'd look good on my car too ! the blue bar I'll bet you get out and bench press it don't yah !
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 11:04 AM
  #27219  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veilside.mustang View Post
Doooh!! We'll just have to find out!! He bench presses 310 pounds and he weighs only 150 pounds...and this is before he eats his Cheerios!
Hey, no fair! Chris is only 13. It would be interesting to see what happens if we turn back your son's clock by 7 years versus Chris now in a free-for-all UFC type bout.

All I can say is your son will have his work cut out for him.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/17/08, 11:05 AM
  #27220  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veilside.mustang View Post
Hey, Taco Bill. What kind of touchy-feely message are you sending out with your new avatar...and to whom?????
Originally Posted by officespace56 View Post
Nice avatar Bill
Trying to keep the peace with Leo.

PLUR
TacoBill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.