Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 11/13/08, 02:24 AM
  #26001  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice. Dan took the 26k post.


I'm excited to see the beast in person
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 09:21 AM
  #26002  
NTTAWWT
 
StangMahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: That town you drive through to get to Myrtle Beach
Posts: 11,734
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I want videos!
StangMahn is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 09:52 AM
  #26003  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn View Post
I want videos!
Might have some vids to post this weekend.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 10:11 AM
  #26004  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well working a little overtime and doing some extra for work paid off.....

So did Leo prodding me to get moving on this.

I have FINALLY ordered my gauges and raptor launch shift-light


Hopefully I can get this all installed by the time I get down to qualcomm or that Friday ???
habu is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 10:25 AM
  #26005  
Mach 1 Member
 
Robbieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 4, 2005
Location: Central FL
Posts: 945
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Well working a little overtime and doing some extra for work paid off.....

So did Leo prodding me to get moving on this.

I have FINALLY ordered my gauges and raptor launch shift-light


Hopefully I can get this all installed by the time I get down to qualcomm or that Friday ???
You'll love the Raptor, there great
Robbieg is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 10:29 AM
  #26006  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Well working a little overtime and doing some extra for work paid off.....

So did Leo prodding me to get moving on this.

I have FINALLY ordered my gauges and raptor launch shift-light


Hopefully I can get this all installed by the time I get down to qualcomm or that Friday ???
About friggin time.

So you are coming down next Friday? Ready to get owned by the Centri?
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 10:30 AM
  #26007  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Hopefully I can get this all installed by the time I get down to qualcomm or that Friday ???
Whipple vs Vortech

Better bring your A-Game Brian, Leo's taking no prisoners.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 10:30 AM
  #26008  
NTTAWWT
 
StangMahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: That town you drive through to get to Myrtle Beach
Posts: 11,734
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
shift lights are awesome, you can shift just based on hearing, but seeing the light makes it better!
StangMahn is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 10:41 AM
  #26009  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
About friggin time.

So you are coming down next Friday? Ready to get owned by the Centri?
I.AM.TOAST

was hoping you'd stay N/A while I got to drive it better and get re-tuned.
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Whipple vs Vortech

Better bring your A-Game Brian, Leo's taking no prisoners.
Well with only 20+ HP more it is going to be very very close. Leo probably taking the nod due to Auto Consistency and practice. I don't need the A-Game I need the A+ Game and Leo to have a bad night.... But excuses are for wusses. I will plan on handing him his *** on a platter.

Originally Posted by StangMahn View Post
shift lights are awesome, you can shift just based on hearing, but seeing the light makes it better!
This isn't just the shift light it's the 'launch' light. It will stay solid once you're at your launch RPM, Flash if your over/under, and after you launch it goes immediately into shift light mode. This I think will help me. Going from the light to the tach sucks and I hope this takes that off my hands so-to-speak when I'm staging.
habu is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 10:51 AM
  #26010  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
But excuses are for wusses. I will plan on handing him his *** on a platter.


Are you getting the SOS A-Pillar gauge pod with Raptor mount?
TacoBill is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 11:25 AM
  #26011  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to remember a distinct white striped, vista blue, whippled, stang in my rear view quite often while N/A. So I suspect now it will be much of the same only difference being it will be an indistinguishable white and blue spec I see in the mirror.



So back to real world.....

What gauges (2 or 3? which style? etc....) did you decide on?
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 11:49 AM
  #26012  
GT Member
 
leos06gtll's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 11, 2007
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 135
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjh_Khj4iU


Hey Leo what are you doing in Dubai?
leos06gtll is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 12:00 PM
  #26013  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
What gauges (2 or 3? which style? etc....) did you decide on?
Speaking gauges, I thought you were planning on putting the wideband on top, boost in the middle, fuel pressure at the bottom?



Originally Posted by leos06gtll View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjh_Khj4iU

Hey Leo what are you doing in Dubai?
TacoBill is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 02:07 PM
  #26014  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post


Are you getting the SOS A-Pillar gauge pod with Raptor mount?
I've had the SOS pod for several months now, I think I got it just before I went FI. Yes I ordered it with the raptor mount.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I seem to remember a distinct white striped, vista blue, whippled, stang in my rear view quite often while N/A. So I suspect now it will be much of the same only difference being it will be an indistinguishable white and blue spec I see in the mirror.



So back to real world.....

What gauges (2 or 3? which style? etc....) did you decide on?
Let's see we raced twice and I was a blob in your mirror once because I forgot how to shift. That WON'T happen again. I predict close racing between us. Except for the fact that I'll be able to get out of the hole quicker with my twin-screw while your centri is trying to decide what to do. You might have top-end but on a 1/8 it ain't gonna be enough.

:Firedevil:




Autometer Cobalt Wideband and Vac/Boost (mech,)
habu is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 02:19 PM
  #26015  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Except for the fact that I'll be able to get out of the hole quicker with my twin-screw while your centri is trying to decide what to do.
Ooh.. out of hole, it won't be easy as you think Brian; Leo's got 4.10's.

In fact, without the stickiest of stickiest tires for you, traction might be a problem with the onset of instant boost.

Should make for an interesting race though.




Originally Posted by habu View Post
Autometer Cobalt Wideband and Vac/Boost (mech,)
Why didn't you go with an electrical gauge?

I thought only old timers still use mechanical gauges.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 03:13 PM
  #26016  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leos06gtll View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjh_Khj4iU


Hey Leo what are you doing in Dubai?
Getting owned by 25k car when your driving a lambo's gotta suck.

Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Speaking gauges, I thought you were planning on putting the wideband on top, boost in the middle, fuel pressure at the bottom?
Truth be told as long as the wideband ended up on the top or bottom I didn't really care about the other two.

Originally Posted by habu View Post
Let's see we raced twice and I was a blob in your mirror once because I forgot how to shift. That WON'T happen again. I predict close racing between us. Except for the fact that I'll be able to get out of the hole quicker with my twin-screw while your centri is trying to decide what to do. You might have top-end but on a 1/8 it ain't gonna be enough.
Let's assume we both had automatics.

If we did than yes I'd say the races would be close or you'd flat out win everytime.

Now let's go back to reality.

Reality is I've got an auto tranny that I ran a best of 8.3 but usually ran 8.4-8.5 consistently. Now I've got about an extra 100rwhp. There's no launching or other crap I have to get used to. I just smash the gas pedal and go. So I'm guessing that at the very least I'll get a 7.9 if not better.

You've got a Manual. I have no doubt's that it's alot more difficult to drive and takes more skill and practice. With that said the best you ran with your whipple was 8.3 but the majority of the time was 8.6ish if I'm not mistaken. So let's assume that next Friday you continue to improve and knock off a 3-4 tenths and get down to 7.9 as well. Who do you think is going to get closest to reproducing that 7.9 time after time?

Just saying.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 03:18 PM
  #26017  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Now let's go back to reality...

Who do you think is going to get closest to reproducing that 7.9 time after time?
Someone's getting cocky.

Brian, it the South, them are fightin' words!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 03:21 PM
  #26018  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Someone's getting cocky.

Brian, it the South, them are fightin' words!
Not trying to be. I think what I'm saying is true. It's not like I'm saying I'm such an awesome driver that Brian doesn't stand a chance. All I'm saying is the person with the auto tranny is going to be the most consistent. The auto guy (me) might not be the most skilled driver but all that matters is who wins right?

He started it by saying he'd win based solely on him having the twinscrew.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 11/13/08 at 03:23 PM.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 03:28 PM
  #26019  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
He started it by saying he'd win based solely on him having the twinscrew.
Hey, I'm a centri/Manual guy, but I like .

If I had better tires, I'll spank the both of you.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 11/13/08, 03:39 PM
  #26020  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
So let's assume that next Friday you continue to improve and knock off a 3-4 tenths and get down to 7.9 as well. Who do you think is going to get closest to reproducing that 7.9 time after time?

Just saying.
Man's got a point I don't see Brian winning anytime soon With a manual, it's all in the driver; no shift light will change that

BUT, it's just so much more fun with a manual street or strip.

I see the twin screw as a disadvantage with so much torque down low

Heck, I wish I could pull off consistent times I'm going to the track next weekend now
Superfly SN95 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.