Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 10/22/08, 11:19 PM
  #25081  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill, Dave- I think that pic is totally misleading. The shade of red looks more like candy apple than torch red. Plus the pic looks heavily edited. JMO wouldn't base anything of that pic. With that said it's a great pic.

Matt- So am I. With the money I'm paying them to polish it that thing better shine like a diamond in a goats ***.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 10/22/08, 11:21 PM
  #25082  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn View Post
I dont think a DR would be good on the road, and the rubber on them doesnt make for a very feel good drive either. I'd probably go with a high performance tire, such as a NT555 or KDW2's (my favorite). 20's on this car I think are a little too big, I like a good size sidewall, and it makes the ride smoother.

Believe me I was anti 20's until I saw Leo2's car. Those rim's in 20's look awesome and IMO still had plenty of sidewall.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 10/22/08 at 11:28 PM.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 10/22/08, 11:27 PM
  #25083  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Believe me I was anti 20's until I saw Leo2's car. Those rim's in 20's look awesome and IMO still had plenty of sidewall.
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Leo/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-13.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Leo/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-11.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Leo/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-12.jpg[/IMG]







20s are OK depending on the rim. Some look stupid others OK-to-great. It all depends

Last edited by habu; 10/22/08 at 11:30 PM.
habu is offline  
Old 10/22/08, 11:29 PM
  #25084  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally agree. Bullits, Razors, and CS69's should all be 20's IMO. Brian can you post some pics of your wheels again. Thanks.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 10/22/08 at 11:30 PM.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 10/22/08, 11:41 PM
  #25085  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree. Bullits look great in 18's

I never thought they [Bullits] looked good in 20's until I saw Leo2's car.

IMO: 19's are the best rim size for s197 mustangs. AFS now came out with Bullits in 19's. Waiting on people to get them to see if I'm sold on that. Up until that point, I was set on 18 's.
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 10/22/08, 11:49 PM
  #25086  
GTR Member
 
GrnT's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2008
Location: Apple Valley Mn.
Posts: 5,722
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts
Its hard to find but I like 20's and 19's stagered
GrnT is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 12:05 AM
  #25087  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post

Totally agree. Bullits, Razors, and CS69's should all be 20's IMO. Brian can you post some pics of your wheels again. Thanks.
What view do you want. Side profile or something else. If I don't have it in my photobucket I'll take pics right after work and get them up right away.

Just looked in my wheels album and I only have the pics I took right after I had them installed. I think I'll take some more tomorrow and put them up anyway. But if there is something specific you want just let me know.
habu is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 12:07 AM
  #25088  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superfly s197 View Post
I disagree. Bullits look great in 18's

I never thought they [Bullits] looked good in 20's until I saw Leo2's car.

IMO: 19's are the best rim size for s197 mustangs. AFS now came out with Bullits in 19's. Waiting on people to get them to see if I'm sold on that. Up until that point, I was set on 18 's.
Only problem with 19's is that tires for them cost an arm and a leg.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 12:08 AM
  #25089  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
What view do you want. Side profile or something else. If I don't have it in my photobucket I'll take pics right after work and get them up right away.

Just looked in my wheels album and I only have the pics I took right after I had them installed. I think I'll take some more tomorrow and put them up anyway. But if there is something specific you want just let me know.
Nothing specific just want to see some pics.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 12:17 AM
  #25090  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not great but they're the ones I have right now.








habu is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 05:51 AM
  #25091  
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff
 
tom281's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 8, 2005
Location: Medina county, OH
Posts: 12,334
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
ooh, sexy.......
tom281 is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 07:43 AM
  #25092  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Still hoping you can pull together the scratch to get the CS69, or whatever the number of the Shelby's that you like. I really dig how they look and they'd totally set your car apart AND give you some much needed traction.

Still don't know about DRs on the street though, I know you didn't drive it much in the past but how they feel on street driving is If you're upping the planned amount of miles you're gonna put on the car drive someone else's car with DRs on the street and freeway first. You can totally feel how thin the sidewall is and for me take away any confidence I have in the cars ability to corner. .02
I totally agree with going with the CS69's as it's my #1 choice. It's just the coin factor.

On the DR's, is it possible that there are different kinds (ie. one leaning more on track performance vs one that compromises between track and street)? Like the MT vs 555R?

I'm asking because there are several members here running the 555R's on the street and have yet to read one complaint about them. Even read that the 555R's have decent traction in the rain as long as there's ample tread.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 07:45 AM
  #25093  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Not great but they're the ones I have right now.


So you're running the same tire size combo as Leo?
TacoBill is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 08:14 AM
  #25094  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I totally agree with going with the CS69's as it's my #1 choice. It's just the coin factor.

On the DR's, is it possible that there are different kinds (ie. one leaning more on track performance vs one that compromises between track and street)? Like the MT vs 555R?

I'm asking because there are several members here running the 555R's on the street and have yet to read one complaint about them. Even read that the 555R's have decent traction in the rain as long as there's ample tread.
Man get the coin, get the coin... what's another coupla grand, right ??

It's very likely that some are different. I only know about the M&H and a little of what Leo's said about the MTs and I haven't heard anything really about the Nitto DRs except they are not as good as the two mentioned for the strip... So

Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
So you're running the same tire size combo as Leo?
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the same except the rims are American Racing (if there is even a difference between them) and I bet I paid more
habu is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 08:14 AM
  #25095  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
So you're running the same tire size combo as Leo?
I think the only difference is he's got 275's in the rear. He's got less wheel gap because he's got the FRPP springs.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 09:05 AM
  #25096  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I think the only difference is he's got 275's in the rear. He's got less wheel gap because he's got the FRPP springs.
nope 285s
habu is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 09:15 AM
  #25097  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ There you go, you and Leo are running the same tire combos.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 09:22 AM
  #25098  
GTR Member
 
edumspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 31, 2008
Location: PR
Posts: 5,231
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Not great but they're the ones I have right now.








pretty cool
edumspeed is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 10:42 AM
  #25099  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, did the math. Basically a $600 difference between the chrome CS69's and the AM chrome Bullitts, both in 20.

No, I'm ready to take the plunge it. It was more of an exercise in futility.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 10/23/08, 11:17 AM
  #25100  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out of curiosity how much did you pay for your entire setup Brian?
LEO_06GT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.