General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/08, 08:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I'm down for that. Saturday would be the day to go. The crowd is a little smaller so it's easier to navigate around. There is two Fuel qualifying sessions so that's enough to get your fill. At 62 bucks for a reserved seat, which isn't bad for an entire day of racing.

I'm seriously going to consider it. Jed, Leo... let me know if you guys wanna get out there.
Old 10/10/08, 08:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Yeah I'm down for that. Saturday would be the day to go. The crowd is a little smaller so it's easier to navigate around. There is two Fuel qualifying sessions so that's enough to get your fill. At 62 bucks for a reserved seat, which isn't bad for an entire day of racing.

I'm seriously going to consider it. Jed, Leo... let me know if you guys wanna get out there.
I'm in for Sat I'll look at ticket info today. George this isn't the same weekend as the Speed Ventures thing is it? Habu does the 62 get you in the pit area?

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 10/10/08 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10/10/08, 08:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My sister always wanted to go to one of these (and monster truck too) events.

Maybe if I have the extra cash, I'll consider taking her.
Old 10/10/08, 08:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I'm in for Sat I'll look at ticket info today. George this isn't the same weekend as the Speed Ventures thing is it? Habu does the 62 get you in the pit area?

Jed

If we're serious we need to get the tickets all together. the BEST seating is in the grandstands west about k, l, m aisle... roughly the 330 or 600 foot mark (can't remember). You can see the launch somewhat and they're up to speed pretty good by the time they get to you and you can still see the finish line somewhat (I'm short EVERYONE stands).... further down the line maybe too far forward a, b, c, d and you're just about behind the starting line Since it's 1000 racing k, l or m would probably be really good seating. Also it's on the far side, PITA to get to, but less drunks.

The ticket has a pit pass built into it because it's a reserved seat. If we're gonna do it I can't afford it until the 16th(gotta use my pay for vacation right now and bills so I can go on vacation).

Originally Posted by TacoBill
My sister always wanted to go to one of these (and monster truck too) events.

Maybe if I have the extra cash, I'll consider taking her.
I am not even trying to convince you. But if you've never been next to one of these when they fire up and blip the throttle or felt them go by there is absolutely nothing that can accurately describe it or prepare you for it. Took a boss who wanted to see what the big deal was and he never let me forget that he could feel his eyeballs vibrate in his skull.... just sayin

Last edited by habu; 10/10/08 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10/10/08, 09:10 AM

I am not even trying to convince you. But if you've never been next to one of these when they fire up and blip the throttle or felt them go by there is absolutely nothing that can accurately describe it or prepare you for it. Took a boss who wanted to see what the big deal was and he never let me forget that he could feel his eyeballs vibrate in his skull.... just sayin
It does sound fun and entertaining. I just have to see if I can swing the time and money (that's x2).

Eye wiggles..
Old 10/10/08, 09:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Oh... like anyone needed more ....

at Barona there was an alcohol Funny Car, it did the burn out and then launched. Leo and I were in the staging lanes not far behind it. Leo looks over to me and says
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
that thing just raped my eardrums
And even then it doesn't compare to a fuel car.

OH.. I went to Irwindale last night it and I sucked. Waited almost 1-1/2 hours in line just to run. Decided not to wait another hour plus. On the way back ran into Monica so we BSd for awhile. I'm really glad you made it out Monica, but I'm really sorry you didn't get to see me run. Next time I'll try to get off work early and I can at least get a couple runs in.

The "I Sucked" part. Red-lit, 2.1 60', 9.1 1/8th. Put me against a low 6/high 5 second car. Rather un-nerving. Wasn't on my game at all. Was looking at the tach when the christmas tree started..... and it completely took me off guard. Then on the return road got lost cause I missed the first turn out... Generally a waste of 20 bucks. Which beats Barona all-to-hell but for 1 maybe 2 runs ???

Last edited by habu; 10/10/08 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10/10/08, 10:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ummm... there's little to no whine at WOT, it's not a TS.
Originally Posted by JonCo
Like Bill mentioned, no whine just a nice whistle at idle and cruisin' speeds.
Sorry for using the incorrect description.

Originally Posted by tom281
F'n A! Great news Leo! But November 7th install? Is that by plan or by force?? That's a whole month away yet dude.... you won't be gettin' on it until almost turkey day.
1)ST is like three hours away from where I live.

2)I can only do it on a Friday because of the travel time/work.

3)So that leaves only 3 possible install days between now and my set install date.

a)Friday the 17th is a working Friday. (I get every other Friday off.)

b)Friday the 24th would be ideal but not sure I'll have all the $$$ by then and don't want plan for this day and end up canceling. Best case scenario Is I see I'll have the $$$ and call ST that Monday and see if they can get me in.

c)Friday the 31st I'm taking off to Berkeley for the weekend.

So you see Nov 7 is really the soonest possible day if you don't factor in the 24th.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Anybody going to this? Looks interesting. Habu I think your a shoe in for this. Hey this is my 1.6K post! Jed

NHRA Pomona>
Probably not. $$$$$ is disappearing faster than I can replace it.
Old 10/10/08, 10:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Join the club brother
Old 10/10/08, 10:43 AM

OH.. I went to Irwindale last night it and I sucked. Waited almost 1-1/2 hours in line just to run.

Which beats Barona all-to-hell but for 1 maybe 2 runs ???
That does sound like a waste of time, money, and gas!

Don't get your last sentence, you're saying Barona is way better?

Sorry for using the incorrect description.

No problem young'in.

Should sound more like this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8FXHWisVZY

The disappearing money trick.. I'm a master at it.
Old 10/10/08, 10:44 AM

Join the club brother
Not only am I a member, I'm also the President.
Old 10/10/08, 11:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Blower question........

In my head I'm really hyping up how badass it's going to feel the first time I got WOT. So with that said how big of a difference is there really? Is it like when you first go a CAI and tune or is it like 10x's better than that? I just have a feeling I'm over hyping it so much that I'm going to be disappointed once I do go WOT.

I've been in a few blown car's and the difference is amazing but I've never actually been the driver.
Old 10/10/08, 11:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Blower question........

In my head I'm really hyping up how badass it's going to feel the first time I got WOT. So with that said how big of a difference is there really? Is it like when you first go a CAI and tune or is it like 10x's better than that? I just have a feeling I'm over hyping it so much that I'm going to be disappointed once I do go WOT.

I've been in a few blown car's and the difference is amazing but I've never actually been the driver.
when are you up here next ?? If you're not hung over from Oktoberfest, we can take my car out to the proving grounds and let me know how it drives. Bill should have his car back so there is that too.

For me, it was well worth the hype and then some. The **** thing never stops pulling hard. Don't know what yours will be like but that never-ending pull is well worth being poor, IMO.

Bill,
What I was saying is that Irwindale at 20 bucks seems better cause it's so close but you only get a couple runs in. Barona is 40 bucks and is WAY out in the boonies, but you can run many times. So it's better to run Barona but the drive and how far out you are kinda kills it IMO.

Still I think if I'd get to Irwindale when they open instead of 7pm the story might be different.
Old 10/10/08, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

when are you up here next ?? If you're not hung over from Oktoberfest, we can take my car out to the proving grounds and let me know how it drives. Bill should have his car back so there is that too.

For me, it was well worth the hype and then some. The **** thing never stops pulling hard. Don't know what yours will be like but that never-ending pull is well worth being poor, IMO.

Bill,
What I was saying is that Irwindale at 20 bucks seems better cause it's so close but you only get a couple runs in. Barona is 40 bucks and is WAY out in the boonies, but you can run many times. So it's better to run Barona but the drive and how far out you are kinda kills it IMO.

Still I think if I'd get to Irwindale when they open instead of 7pm the story might be different.
Still won't really help because remember I can't drive stick. (Insert man card joke here)

Sure am glad that I live in SD since I have my choice of two tracks and I can get 10+ run's in easily.

Just found out some good news and some bad......

First the bad
SC delivery is delayed until tomorrow for some reason. (Dam Fedex)
IC delivery might not take place until the week of the 20th because they're on backorder. (Dam Paxton)

Now the good.
I don't need to smog the car until 2012. Remember I told you guys I thought I'd lost that privilege since I brought the car from Hawaii. Well turns out that once I smoged in 2006 to get my CA registration the car now falls under the new car rule. The lady at the DMV had told me that the rule wouldn't apply to me but I guess that dumb b!tch was wrong.

Don't worry though Bill the work we did swapping out pipes last weekend wasn't in vain as I'm happy with the stock H now and 99.9% sure I won't be going back to the O/R H. Still don't plan on selling it though in case I have a change of heart.
Old 10/10/08, 01:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Still won't really help because remember I can't drive stick. (Insert man card joke here)
So what's stopping you from learning. Worst you're gonna do is stall the car. I personally wouldn't mind if that is what it takes for you to learn and get the feel.
Sure am glad that I live in SD since I have my choice of two tracks and I can get 10+ run's in easily.
Great, rub it in. But Qualcomm barely qualifies. If I lived within a decent drive to Barona I'd be going through DRs at a terrifying rate.

Just found out some good news and some bad......

First the bad
SC delivery is delayed until tomorrow for some reason. (Dam Fedex)
IC delivery might not take place until the week of the 20th because they're on backorder. (Dam Paxton)

Now the good.
I don't need to smog the car until 2012. Remember I told you guys I thought I'd lost that privilege since I brought the car from Hawaii. Well turns out that once I smoged in 2006 to get my CA registration the car now falls under the new car rule. The lady at the DMV had told me that the rule wouldn't apply to me but I guess that dumb b!tch was wrong.

Don't worry though Bill the work we did swapping out pipes last weekend wasn't in vain as I'm happy with the stock H now and 99.9% sure I won't be going back to the O/R H. Still don't plan on selling it though in case I have a change of heart.
Sucks to hear about the dates, but it looks like you'll still make the Nov 7th date, which is the important one. DMV employees are as dumb as a bag of rocks, don't get you're hopes up.
Old 10/10/08, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So what's stopping you from learning. Worst you're gonna do is stall the car. I personally wouldn't mind if that is what it takes for you to learn and get the feel.

Great, rub it in. But Qualcomm barely qualifies. If I lived within a decent drive to Barona I'd be going through DRs at a terrifying rate.

Sucks to hear about the dates, but it looks like you'll still make the Nov 7th date, which is the important one. DMV employees are as dumb as a bag of rocks, don't get you're hopes up.
Ummm....The fact that you guys are the only people I know that have manual tranny's and I doubt anyone is welling to sacrifice their car for my learning benefit and I don't blame them. With that said if your willing to let me drive your car I'm all for it.

Qualcomm barely qualifies but it's good enough as there's plenty of trailered in cars that still make great runs there. Plus it's only 10minutes from my house.

Nope it's a fact I don't have to smog the car till 2012 now. Because if I was on the every 2 year cycle my registration papers would state to go get a smog check.
Old 10/10/08, 02:18 PM

... and I doubt anyone is welling to sacrifice their car for my learning benefit and I don't blame them.
How quickly people forget that they first learned how to drive a Manual in the Tacomobile.
Old 10/10/08, 02:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

How quickly people forget that they first learned how to drive a Manual in the Tacomobile.
True but those 5-10 minutes didn't give me the know how or confidence to say I can drive a manual if I had to now. I got the basic concept then but wouldn't consider it as having fully learned to drive a manual.

I still can't believe Luis bought the car never having driven a manual before. Maybe that's what I should've done. To late for that now.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 10/10/08 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10/10/08, 02:45 PM

True but those 5-10 minutes didn't give me the know how or confidence to say I can drive a manual if I had to now. I got the basic concept then but wouldn't consider it as having fully learned to drive a manual.
So you think Brian is going to swap car's with you so you can fully learn?

Basics are all you need, after that its just a matter of doing it.
Old 10/10/08, 02:47 PM

Leo...

Crank pulley.. Hi-Temp Enamel spray paint in Satin Black
Old 10/10/08, 02:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ummm....The fact that you guys are the only people I know that have manual tranny's and I doubt anyone is welling to sacrifice their car for my learning benefit and I don't blame them. With that said if your willing to let me drive your car I'm all for it.
I'll take one for the team.

So you think Brian is going to swap car's with you so you can fully learn?

Basics are all you need, after that its just a matter of doing it.
yeah maybe I'm but what's he gonna do to it. It's not like I'm letting him drive it home. Fully learn, once you get it, you get it. It's like riding a bike He just doesn't need to be intimidated by it. That and just know that EVERYONE sucks at first. It is what it is.

Last edited by habu; 10/10/08 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)