Search this Thread

Old 10/3/08, 12:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Is November the last month for Barona?

So what did you decide about the IC?
Barona runs year round.

I'm getting it. In fact I'll probably be getting the GT500 fuel pump as well. I figure a few extra $$$ now is better than a whole lotta $$$$ if things go south. So I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent KABOOM. I could probably get away without having to do either but hey it's only money right? Only negative to doing all of this is that I'll have to push the install back to early November so that I've got the $$$ to do everything at once.

Tom-Thanks Jed made it for me.
Did the intercooler come with the 3.33 pulley or did you have to get that separately?

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 10/3/08 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10/3/08, 02:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
... but hey it's only money right?

Did the intercooler come with the 3.33 pulley or did you have to get that separately?
So does that mean you'll be getting the Fluidyne too? It's only money.

I'm pretty sure the 3.33 (and any other size besides the 8 lbs) is sold seperately. Jon had to buy his.
Old 10/3/08, 02:14 PM

Latest update...

Heads *should* be coming back today. Waiting on rings. With any luck, motor will be assembled back together this weekend or early next week.

Will get a better snapshot on when the completion date will be by mid-next week.

Was told that this waiting time from the machine shop is not uncommon and typically does take 2-3 weeks to get stuff done.

So yeah...
Old 10/3/08, 02:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Latest update...

Heads *should* be coming back today. Waiting on rings. With any luck, motor will be assembled back together this weekend or early next week.

Will get a better snapshot on when the completion date will be by mid-next week.

Was told that this waiting time from the machine shop is not uncommon and typically does take 2-3 weeks to get stuff done.

So yeah...
Hey good news Bill if you get your car back by next weekend maybe wolfpack to San Diego for Mustang by the Bay! Just putting it out there

Jed
Old 10/3/08, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey good news Bill if you get your car back by next weekend maybe wolfpack to San Diego for Mustang by the Bay! Just putting it out there
A trip down to SD sounds good considering I have to go through the BS 500 mile break-in all over again.
Old 10/3/08, 03:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm pretty sure the 3.33 (and any other size besides the 8 lbs) is sold seperately. Jon had to buy his.
Do it Leo the Fluidyne is a good move in the right direction. The GT-500 Fuel Pump is a top solution but for the HP range were working within the BAP works great.

Check this out >

Since your an Automan Trak Rat you may want to consider upgrading your torque converter. You will of modified just about everything in your powertrain, now its time to look at this.

ATI>

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 10/3/08 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10/3/08, 03:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Leo the intercooler comes solo, you pick the pulley you want. There are other options available, I picked the 3.33 after playing around a little bit.
Old 10/3/08, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ouch!

Afternoon lady's! A little clip from Irwindale...

Play>

Jed
Old 10/3/08, 03:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll probably get one but not right now. Mainly because it's not something that would cause me to have to adjust the tune or mess with the supercharger install. Anything that helps keep the engine from going BOOM or even just running hotter than it has to is good in my book.

Latest update...

So yeah...
Good so it looks like you will be driving your car before I get my Vortech in. The only thing left to see now is who goes into boost first since you still have to do your 500 miles.

Do it Leo the Fluidyne is a good move in the right direction. The GT-500 Fuel Pump is a top solution but for the HP range were working within the BAP works great.

Check this out >

Since your an Automan Trak Rat you may want to consider upgrading your torque converter. You will of modified just about everything in your powertrain, now its time to look at this.

ATI>

Jed
Sounds like someone's suggesting I get the radiator in place of the GT500 fuel pumps. I'd thought about a torque converter but after reading how it works on the street I didn't like the idea of it for a daily driver. Essentially at every light the RPM's would be coming up to whatever stall rpm I choose before the car moved. So it give the feeling of hitting the gas when in neutral except once it got to the predetermined rpm it would start moving. No doubt it would help my 60ft times though.

Brian, Jed do are you guys running BAP's?

Originally Posted by tom281
Leo the intercooler comes solo, you pick the pulley you want. There are other options available, I picked the 3.33 after playing around a little bit.
Gotcha. Good thing is I just picked up a 3.33 pulley off ebay for $42. The 3.33 pulley bumps you from 8psi to 10psi correct?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3D2%26fvi%3D1
Old 10/3/08, 04:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Afternoon lady's! A little clip from Irwindale...

Play>

Jed
The Brother can't drive!!!
Old 10/3/08, 05:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian, Jed do are you guys running BAP's?
Congrats on the choices Leo. You won't be disappointed.

I'm on GT500 pumps and controller.

Finally.... Perhaps some good news on the SCT X-2, now X-3 front......

FINALLY got to talk to Adam. Like Bill said he cut me a break. I'm looking at 100-150 to get it re-flashed to stock by the dealer, re-tuned with the X-3 on the rollers/dyno. Since I'm down there another 100 bucks will get me a relocated IAT sensor after the intercooler and he'll tune for that.

I should see a better more consistent tune and perhaps a little more power since the computer won't be reading a hotter IAT than what the engine really sees.

Bad part, if it can be called that, is it won't happen until late Oct or 1st week Nov because of my vacation. Still at least it's something and it isn't the 500-600 bucks I was preparing myself for.
Old 10/3/08, 05:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Tom got the mustang mag with your car in it p.m me your address

This is for Ray and Jed...enjoyhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_131335.html
Old 10/3/08, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Congrats on the choices Leo. You won't be disappointed.

I'm on GT500 pumps and controller.

Finally.... Perhaps some good news on the SCT X-2, now X-3 front......

FINALLY got to talk to Adam. Like Bill said he cut me a break. I'm looking at 100-150 to get it re-flashed to stock by the dealer, re-tuned with the X-3 on the rollers/dyno. Since I'm down there another 100 bucks will get me a relocated IAT sensor after the intercooler and he'll tune for that.

I should see a better more consistent tune and perhaps a little more power since the computer won't be reading a hotter IAT than what the engine really sees.

Bad part, if it can be called that, is it won't happen until late Oct or 1st week Nov because of my vacation. Still at least it's something and it isn't the 500-600 bucks I was preparing myself for.
Why did you get the GT500 fuel pumps instead of the BAP? Was it something Adam recommended or did you find something on the forums?

Glad to hear Adam's working with you and it will only cost $150. Out of curiousity why didn't they just install the IAT sensor there originally?
Old 10/3/08, 05:32 PM

Sounds like someone's suggesting I get the radiator in place of the GT500 fuel pumps.

Good thing is I just picked up a 3.33 pulley off ebay for $42.
I have to agree with Jed on getting the BAP. With the money saved (on not getting the pumps and added install labor cost), you can get the Fluidyne.

For the HP target that we're after, the BAP does the job, and does it reliably. What do you think most everyone was using pre-GT500 days in high HP applications?

Besides, they'll be removing the radiator for the Vortech install, so the Fluidyne install will be free... kinda like my header deal.

And since you're a ebay surfer, keep a lookout for a 3.0" pulley for me.

Originally Posted by habu
FINALLY got to talk to Adam. Like Bill said he cut me a break.
Good deal Brian.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Hey I liked it too!

I may have popped a kernel or two.
Old 10/3/08, 05:33 PM

Out of curiousity why didn't they just install the IAT sensor there originally?
Greg is relocating mine.
Old 10/3/08, 05:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have to agree with Jed on getting the BAP. With the money saved (on not getting the pumps and added install labor cost), you can get the Fluidyne.

For the HP target that we're after, the BAP does the job, and does it reliably. What do you think most everyone was using pre-GT500 days in high HP applications?

Besides, they'll be removing the radiator for the Vortech install, so the Fluidyne install will be free... kinda like my header deal.

And since you're a ebay surfer, keep a lookout for a 3.0" pulley for me.
Remember I'm getting a 3.0 from the guy I'm getting the Vortech from. I'll give you that one.
Old 10/3/08, 05:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Leo, I was seeing around 11psi at 6500rpm or so. Just depends on certain things......

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Hey Tom got the mustang mag with your car in it p.m me your address

Let me try to find it locally again, if not I'll get back to you- THANKS!!!

Greg is relocating mine.
That there is a good idea... the Saleen blower has it built right into one of the intake runners, right before the cylinder head.
Old 10/3/08, 05:41 PM

Remember I'm getting a 3.0 from the guy I'm getting the Vortech from. I'll give you that one.
3 hallajulas for the 3.0!!!

Old 10/3/08, 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Latest update...
Good news Bill, hopefully you'll be on the road soon!
I hear Greg's having a dyno day at his shop on the 11th

Hey I liked it too!

I may have popped a kernel or two.
So did I!

Originally Posted by tom281
Let me try to find it locally again, if not I'll get back to you- THANKS!!!
It's no prob,just let me know and I'll send it out!
Old 10/3/08, 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Make sure to read the text below before you gouge your eyes out.
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select4829.htm

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)