General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 9/27/08, 06:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Picked the car up today..... it is a complete animal and I'm not even getting on it due to the clutch. Speaking of the clutch, it grabs like a SOB but the pedal effort is smooth, easy and very distinct. The Ram TOB seems to be doing very well too. You can tell that the cams have a very strong top-end pull, it wants to get to redline instantly without even going WOT.

Oh, I installed my Mr. HID kit today too...... so easy a caveman could do it, honestly. It is a great kit, although my choice of 8k lighting might be a tad too blue for me, time will tell.
Old 9/27/08, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281

Oh, I installed my Mr. HID kit today too...... so easy a caveman could do it, honestly. It is a great kit, although my choice of 8k lighting might be a tad too blue for me, time will tell.
Blue....coool.
Old 9/27/08, 08:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked the car up today..... it is a complete animal and I'm not even getting on it due to the clutch. Speaking of the clutch, it grabs like a SOB but the pedal effort is smooth, easy and very distinct. The Ram TOB seems to be doing very well too. You can tell that the cams have a very strong top-end pull, it wants to get to redline instantly without even going WOT.

Great to hear everything went well! Congrats on the new additions!!
Old 9/27/08, 08:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sounds awesome
Old 9/27/08, 09:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Sooo... on the way to today's apple adventure to Oak Glenn, the Driver's side window in the Highlander blew! Must have been from an object kicked up from a semi.

But, we kept pressing on to today's apple adventure and had a great time. Pics coming soon.
Old 9/27/08, 09:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My copies of Mustang Generations came in today!
Old 9/27/08, 09:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Sooo... on the way to today's apple adventure to Oak Glenn, the Driver's side window in the Highlander blew! Must have been from an object kicked up from a semi.

But, we kept pressing on to today's apple adventure and had a great time. Pics coming soon.
That must have scared the crap out of you. I know it would have freaked me out. I'd be checking my head for bullet wounds, and hoped I didn't find any.
Old 9/27/08, 10:42 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
wow bill, sounds scary
I'll never forget the time I smashed the side mirror on a van I was driving, the mirror cracked into a thousand pieces, and they all slapped the window. Glad I had that thing up, would be like getting hit with a shotgun if I hadnt
Old 9/27/08, 10:43 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
congrats tom, that thing sounds like a beast! I want some pics! And a vid once she gets settled in good
Old 9/27/08, 11:20 PM
GTR Member

Sounds great!

Let's see if you reach the coveted 475 RWHP.

Before you mention it... I couldn't care less about 1/4 miles times...
Old 9/27/08, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great news Tom. Bet your happy to have your car back. I wish I could do cams or LTs.... Stupid Kalifornia

Crap. Hope everyone is OK. That's scary sheet right there.
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Sounds great!

Let's see if you reach the coveted 475 RWHP.

Before you mention it... I couldn't care less about 1/4 miles times...
Not to start a pissing match..... so please don't take it that way. I'd take a 1/4 time over a number on a piece of paper.
Old 9/28/08, 12:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Not to start a pissing match..... so please don't take it that way. I'd take a 1/4 time over a number on a piece of paper.
+1 Track time carries more weight than hp #'s in my book.
Old 9/28/08, 03:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

My copies of Mustang Generations came in today!
And Jed got to read it already great story! . I won't spoil it for the rest by telling you all the juicy details, Bills going to post it.

Jed
Old 9/28/08, 03:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Resurrection of the stool!

It's back in action! It went from this...

To this! Kevin saved it.

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 9/28/08 at 04:28 AM.
Old 9/28/08, 04:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was riding shotgun and BOOM!, it sounded like someone smacked the window with a crow bar. After some clean up we were on our way!

Here are some picts from the adventures of Jed...

First some breakfast at Law's coffee shop...

Chris going tactical!

Jed's breakfast...

+ a little a.m. dessert, apple pie a la mode w/ cinnamon sauce

Next a little apple cider we left with 3 gallons. The cider is made with 14 different apples.

Meet Sandy Law he makes the A-cider.

The produce up here always looks better, vine ripe the stuff just look better!

Meet the oldest chestnut tree this side of the Big Muddy. Hey I don't make this sheeet up

George we saw the Drama Lama!

Fun morning in da hills with the Taco clan.

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 9/28/08 at 04:30 AM.
Old 9/28/08, 04:27 AM
Cobra Member

Great news Tom. Bet your happy to have your car back. I wish I could do cams or LTs.... Stupid Kalifornia
There's always a way... I'm working on mine

Yikes! I would have jumped out of my seat

Originally Posted by JedCranium
It's back in action! It went from this...

To this!

Jed
Too funny.

Originally Posted by
Fun morning in da hills with the Taco clan. :banana:

[IMG
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u266/StangSnap/Oak%20Glen%2008/IMG_1742.jpg[/IMG]

Jed
Looked like a lot of fun

Boy, I'm tired. Had one fun night. I lost my voice Pen and pad for me tomorrow
Old 9/28/08, 05:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Man that sucks, glad no one was hurt. That would have scared the crap out of me, it had to be pretty loud to have enough force to break it .
Old 9/28/08, 05:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Thanks for the 'grats guys. I removed my Autometer guages last night and am moving my Aeroforce guages into the SOS pod. Hooking up their boost and fuel pressure options too through the aux inputs.

Great pix by the way, looks like a fun time.
Old 9/28/08, 08:47 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Man that sucks, glad no one was hurt. That would have scared the crap out of me, it had to be pretty loud to have enough force to break it .
+1 Glad no one was hurt.
Old 9/28/08, 08:55 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
+1 Track time carries more weight than hp #'s in my book.
I was actually just trying to predict Tom's reply. (I'll meet you at the track... blah, blah, blah...)

The HP # of the '89 carries a lot of weight to me, since I designed that engine from scratch... hand picking every part.

To get 1.2 HP per cubic inch was huge for a N/A engine. To see what it (or the convertible) does in the 1/4 mile just isn't that important to me.

Maybe one day I'll get to the track and find out (I almost did back in April).

Until then... I'm still waiting for a POTR supercharged engine to catch my rear wheel numbers.

Last edited by 89Trooper; 9/28/08 at 09:01 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)