Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 9/24/08, 02:28 PM
  #23881  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
yeah, we were ALL younger just a couple years ago.

I believe I found Leo's first post in POTR..
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...postcount=1876


.. and just a couple posts down from that, Leo tells us of his master plan.. " I still need stripes, gt/cs rear bumper,chin spoiler and maybe some rims and tires."



To those who want to see my very first Stang, here's the link..
That little girl pictured is Leslie, my niece that's a HS Teacher now!
(Fly, the one we partied with at the Lighthouse) Attachment 63793
Aside from deciding against the cs bumper I stuck with the plan. Then again I never intended on any performance mods other than gears, cai/tune. Dam you Bill.

Nice Ricer decal on the back window.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 02:32 PM
  #23882  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Aside from deciding against the cs bumper I stuck with the plan. Then again I never intended on any performance mods other than gears, cai/tune. Dam you Bill.

Nice Ricer decal on the back window.

Hey, it was Kevin that kept telling you that your car sounded like a kitten.


Didn't you read my little disclaimer about that rear window graphic? And it wasn't a decal, it was custom airbrushed. Had to go to some dude in Compton to get it done.


At least give me credit for my license plate.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 02:42 PM
  #23883  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian's first post.. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...postcount=4038

Asking about oil filters.. what a n00b!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 02:46 PM
  #23884  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post

Hey, it was Kevin that kept telling you that your car sounded like a kitten.


Didn't you read my little disclaimer about that rear window graphic? And it wasn't a decal, it was custom airbrushed. Had to go to some dude in Compton to get it done.


At least give me credit for my license plate.
So true Kevin was always egging me on about what I needed next.

Airbrushed? Car phone? How 80's.

license plate was cool.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 02:53 PM
  #23885  
Cobra Member
 
officespace56's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 1,187
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After looking back at the first couple pages of this thread, I saw this and it kind of made me laugh.

Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I do like the oil/radiator MGW caps, but I've spent too much $$ under the hood already (K&N, plenum cover, hood struts), going to start funding the exterior project now.

Last edited by officespace56; 9/24/08 at 03:06 PM.
officespace56 is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 03:04 PM
  #23886  
Team Mustang Source
 
USMC0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 29, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,527
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
yeah, we were ALL younger just a couple years ago.

I believe I found Leo's first post in POTR..
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...postcount=1876


.. and just a couple posts down from that, Leo tells us of his master plan.. " I still need stripes, gt/cs rear bumper,chin spoiler and maybe some rims and tires."



To those who want to see my very first Stang, here's the link..
That little girl pictured is Leslie, my niece that's a HS Teacher now!
(Fly, the one we partied with at the Lighthouse) Attachment 63793
Leo....you put together a hell of a nice stang

Bill....I love the four eyed stang!!

I miss mine

USMC0341 is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 03:47 PM
  #23887  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
Leo....you put together a hell of a nice stang
Thanks. I'll trade you for your PJ if you like it that much.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 04:00 PM
  #23888  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TacoBill is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 04:02 PM
  #23889  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by officespace56 View Post
After looking back at the first couple pages of this thread, I saw this and it kind of made me laugh.
I should've stopped right there!



Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
Bill....I love the four eyed stang!!

I miss mine
The 80's.. those were the days. I think Leo was still in grade school.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 04:26 PM
  #23890  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I do but it doesn't mean I can't bust your ***** from time to time.

Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
The 80's.. those were the days. I think Leo was still in grade school.
Yup born in 83 so at best I was in 1st or 2nd grade by 89. That pic of your fox body might be older than me.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 04:47 PM
  #23891  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone that bought the tire inflator kit to replace their spare. Getting only the foam piece from Ford means your missing the strap and ring. Not a big deal but for anyone that feels they really need it. Got this from a guy on S197.

"Now that you mention that the strap doesn't come with the container or the inflator, I called Kevin Casey @ Clevenger Ford back and he informed me that the strap & ring (metal piece that fits under the wing nut) can be ordered separately.

(1) 7R3Z-19H366-A Strap
(1) 7R3Z-19H365-A Ring"

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 9/24/08 at 04:49 PM.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 05:08 PM
  #23892  
NTTAWWT
 
StangMahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: That town you drive through to get to Myrtle Beach
Posts: 11,734
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
At least give me credit for my license plate.
that was the first thing i remember. I think I tried to read this thread from the start one time (bored, couldnt you tell), and I didnt get very far
StangMahn is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 05:37 PM
  #23893  
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff
 
tom281's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 8, 2005
Location: Medina county, OH
Posts: 12,334
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Yo ladies......



Hey Leo there's hope for you, I see you're taking an interest in the dude with 415 rwhp N/A. You know, the only dude on the planet with 415 rwhp N/A.

Last edited by tom281; 9/24/08 at 05:44 PM.
tom281 is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 07:07 PM
  #23894  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Brian's first post.. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...postcount=4038

Asking about oil filters.. what a n00b!
Legitimate question....

I had come from using a canister filter for seven years and before that the ONLY filter to get was a Fram.... now Fram sucks ??


Still a n00b and it's still a good question
habu is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 08:56 PM
  #23895  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by officespace56 View Post
Hey does anyone here have any input/experience with the Moroso Coolant Tank? I know Bill and Leo have the Cantons, but this looks like a decent deal.\http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=15737
I polished my Moroso coolant tank and power steering tank they look sweet. I noticed that the Moroso tanks have a slight finish to them, seems like the Canton finish is a little smoother I do like the fact that you can use your stock radiator cap with the Moroso coolant tank. Their PS tank cap is anodized black and has their name plated on it. I'm not a fan of their name plated or stamped on the tanks, unless of course if they paid me for it All in all pleased with them and I will install them when I get motivated

Jed
JedCranium is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 09:00 PM
  #23896  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
You look about 5 years younger in this pic Bill.
Bill is that a Members Only jacket? Your right in style with Charlie!

Jed
JedCranium is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 09:12 PM
  #23897  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post

Must be a bad self-esteem night, are you sure you don't moonlight for the Washington POST?
Hahaha! Just

Jed
JedCranium is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 09:19 PM
  #23898  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Dang... you just me hungry.

Originally Posted by JedCranium View Post
I polished my Moroso coolant tank and power steering tank they look sweet. I noticed that the Moroso tanks have a slight finish to them, seems like the Canton finish is a little smoother I do like the fact that you can use your stock radiator cap with the Moroso coolant tank. Their PS tank cap is anodized black and has their name plated on it. I'm not a fan of their name plated or stamped on the tanks, unless of course if they paid me for it All in all pleased with them and I will install them when I get motivated

Jed
Jed, did you have the Moroso engraving taken off the tank?

Ray Man is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 09:21 PM
  #23899  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
For anyone that bought the tire inflator kit to replace their spare. Getting only the foam piece from Ford means your missing the strap and ring. Not a big deal but for anyone that feels they really need it. Got this from a guy on S197.

"Now that you mention that the strap doesn't come with the container or the inflator, I called Kevin Casey @ Clevenger Ford back and he informed me that the strap & ring (metal piece that fits under the wing nut) can be ordered separately.

(1) 7R3Z-19H366-A Strap
(1) 7R3Z-19H365-A Ring"
True I found this out when I order it from South Bay FORD. BTW they give a discount to SBMO members maybe even BCMC members?

FLY I have an extra foam thing and strap all you need to do is buy the inflation kit from The Tire Rack and I'll be happy to sell you this

J
JedCranium is offline  
Old 9/24/08, 09:24 PM
  #23900  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
Dang... you just me hungry.



Jed, did you have the Moroso engraving taken off the tank?

Nah to much work and it might compromise the tank the experts say. So I'm going to leave it as is, maybe I'll put a ROUSH sticker on it

Jed
JedCranium is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.