Old 9/19/08, 04:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Grag racing sounds sweet. Wish I could go. But Cals to far
Old 9/19/08, 04:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Slow night here.

Last edited by GrnT; 9/19/08 at 07:27 PM.
Old 9/20/08, 02:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well guys 'bout ready to crash.

Had a great time @ Barona. The Driver, me, still needs to get more laps under his belt. All-n-all of the two times I actually got to race Leo I spanked him the first time and the second I went brain-dead (or is that Brian-dead?) on the 1st-2nd shift and just backed off, so he did win that. Most of the races either by Leo or I were up against Real race cars so that was tough to deal with.

Bottom line best time for me... 8.3@84.something. I should be almost a second quicker but I'm not ?? I don't know if it's in the launch or what I'd doing wrong. Still I was very happy car did GREAT. Absolutely no problems and I was surprised by the amount the car reacted to the later runs after 10pm...
I'll get better and faster, just wait.

Worst thing..... NO PICS or Vids. It was way too dark to take decent pics and since we tried to run each other couldn't really snap away and still run, ya know.

I'll post more later, but for now, g-night.
Old 9/20/08, 09:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah man no pictures I was looking forward to see in you burn up the azzfault how did your car react off the line? Did you find your were spinning wheels with all that power? What RPM did you launch at? Did you say Leo took one from you? Maybe its time for a sway bar delete

Jed

BTW any eye candy from last night? Any Barona Beeetaches?

Look at this stang...

Last edited by JedCranium; 9/20/08 at 11:52 AM.
Old 9/20/08, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I just recently hit the 30K mark and I'm looking to get the Mustang serviced but it costs $671 at my local dealership. Is the 30K service something that can be done at home and if so, how difficult is it?

Here's what needs to be done:

-Inspect complete exhaust system & heat shields.
-Replace cabin air filter.
-Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage/ball joints/suspension joints/half & drive shafts u-joints.
-Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system.
-Replace fuel filter.
-Inspect engine cooling system and hoses.
-Replace engine air filter.
Old 9/20/08, 02:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX
I just recently hit the 30K mark and I'm looking to get the Mustang serviced but it costs $671 at my local dealership. Is the 30K service something that can be done at home and if so, how difficult is it?

Here's what needs to be done:

-Inspect complete exhaust system & heat shields.
-Replace cabin air filter.
-Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage/ball joints/suspension joints/half & drive shafts u-joints.
-Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system.
-Replace fuel filter.
-Inspect engine cooling system and hoses.
-Replace engine air filter.
It's easy, don't pay the dealer to do it. Your 3 filters probably wont even add up to $50.00 in parts @ retail. The dealer probably has $10.00 in parts there cost and $661. in "labor".
Old 9/20/08, 07:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Had a run in with an 08 M3 the other day. Impressive car. Kept up really good. I wouldn't mind owning one of those in the future.

So what advantages would a larger heat exchanger do for me? Just curious. Also, advice on suspension mods? I have steeda springs and D-specs so far. What else to enjoy the corners more? Make me a package deal

Last edited by JonCo; 9/20/08 at 07:55 PM.
Old 9/20/08, 08:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Brian: Guess you paid Leo $20?

Danny: Not worth it. Do as Robbie suggests.
Old 9/20/08, 09:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

BTW-The race Brian won was by 3 thousandths of a second. Not even half a car length. So let's just say there was no need for an alarm clock.

NA FTW!!!!!

All BS aside though we had a great time. I'm sure once Brian get's a few more runs under his belt he'll be running high 7's and leaving me in the dust.

Dan-That's total BS don't give them a f'n dime. Can't believe they'd blatantly try to rip you off like that. My suggestion never go back to that dealer unless it's warranty work and even then I'd look for another dealership. Like everyone else has said you can do that all yourself for about $50-60. If you need help with it your more than welcome to come down to SD and I'll help you knock it out.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 9/20/08 at 09:26 PM.
Old 9/20/08, 09:26 PM

I had a feeling experience would prevail over rookie HP. Good job Leo.
Old 9/20/08, 09:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Thanks.

BTW-Check the stang of the month thread.
Old 9/20/08, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Thanks.

BTW-Check the stang of the month thread.
I did.
Old 9/20/08, 09:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

yeah totally, Great job on Losing no really it's awesome. Let me know when you find that 2nd place trophy.

I know you're pretty unfamilar with it Bill, but in Drag Racing the ONLY thing that matters is who gets the win light. Don't matter by how much, the light doesn't lie.

Now on the second run, I could have excuses and if, it's only, but, maybe . But that ain't gonna happen. Leo won that round. Fair and square. So right now it's 1 win a piece.

The only thing I wish is that we could have run against each other more. Judging from the time-slips your statement would be valid as Leo had me covered most of the night. But we didn't.
Old 9/20/08, 10:02 PM

Don't worry Brian, you'll beat Leo every single time on the dyno!

Just bustin' yer chops Brian, Leo would own me on the track too.
Old 9/20/08, 10:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Bill, where have you been?

Brian, Leo... I can't wait to here about the next race! Good-on-ya for both of you!
Old 9/20/08, 10:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Don't worry Brian, you'll beat Leo every single time on the dyno!

Just bustin' yer chops Brian, Leo would own me on the track too.
No worries brother, just keeping ya honest. Your time will come. Soon.

Hey, Leo is a monster at the track. Going once a month would do that I guess. He's got the technique and procedure down pat. If there was something to be said about consistency, it would have Leo there as a guideline.

As the first bit of advice that I didn't get, be prepared for the tires to hook up WAAAAAAAAAY better that you ever thought was possible. Weirdest thing really. I spun the tires hard once but every single time it was almost like they would drag the RPM of the motor down once you dumped the clutch. Flipping weird.

That and I really, really need to get over the fear of power shifting.

Oh and one more thing... We both found it odd that I was barely hitting 3rd by the end of the 1/8th. I would hit 3rd and basically be at the end of the track or very close to it. Once I stayed in 2nd and hit the limiter just before I approached the finish line ???? Is the tire too big and the rear gear too small ?? just odd really because the thing really pulls in 3rd and I never got the opportunity to feel that ??
Old 9/20/08, 10:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

The only pics....

Go to http://www.paklphoto.com/gallery/ind...20Friday%20T-T

Pages 4,18,21,34 (leo and I) and 37....

Not the real good pic that Leo and I saw and not many other than one or two of Leo's car
Old 9/20/08, 10:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Jed... where's the C&C pictures from today?
Old 9/20/08, 10:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
yeah totally, Great job on Losing no really it's awesome. Let me know when you find that 2nd place trophy.

Hey, Leo is a monster at the track. Going once a month would do that I guess. He's got the technique and procedure down pat. If there was something to be said about consistency, it would have Leo there as a guideline.
Yeah, Leo...... and another dude with another automatic transmission. Not knocking Leo at all, but Leo works the steering wheel and holds the go pedal to the floor. The computer and trans do the rest.

As the first bit of advice that I didn't get, be prepared for the tires to hook up WAAAAAAAAAY better that you ever thought was possible. Weirdest thing really. I spun the tires hard once but every single time it was almost like they would drag the RPM of the motor down once you dumped the clutch. Flipping weird.

That and I really, really need to get over the fear of power shifting.
Told ya those tires would hook brotha....... and try speed shifting before power shifting, it will help you.

Oh and one more thing... We both found it odd that I was barely hitting 3rd by the end of the 1/8th. I would hit 3rd and basically be at the end of the track or very close to it. Once I stayed in 2nd and hit the limiter just before I approached the finish line ???? Is the tire too big and the rear gear too small ?? just odd really because the thing really pulls in 3rd and I never got the opportunity to feel that ??

Can't help you there....... real men race on a true 1/4 mile track.
Old 9/20/08, 10:45 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
yup...haha

when you launch brian, as you get better, you'll probably be able to feel it hook and floor that *****! that's what we do in our car...gas about 1/3, on the brake hard as you can go, until you're ready to launch, and in the quickest way your feet move off the brake and mash the gas through the floor, although that car's an auto, just for you the brake and the clutch would be the same thing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)