General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 9/4/06, 01:28 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Couple more pics to help you decide.
I don't really like either because a) I don't like how the pinstripe goes around the shaker scoop, and b) I don't like how it goes straight across the front of the hood. By the way, it's very hard to put vinyl in front of the hood because of the crown. The crown doesn't look like much, but it's a real pain in the ****. The guy with that yellow car had to cut a 14" slice down the center so it would lay flat (the stripe actually overlaps about 1/4" at the front of the hood in the center).

The black car has to have the stripe painted on with that type of hood.

Also, remember that you can not wax the matte black vinyl... that's why I ended up getting the gloss black.

I'm kinda partial to this one:

Attachment 8524 Attachment 8525

That's exactly how the '03 and '04 Mach 1 hood's looked:

("POWERED BY FORD" optional)
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3667.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3672.jpg  
Old 9/4/06, 03:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

In order of preference.
Tom's Style, Yellow Car's Style then the Black Car's Style.
But I like the thinner pinstripe personally.
Old 9/4/06, 04:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well the weatherman is an ******* because he doesn't know JACK
I get up early this morning get all my stuff together, open the front door and what do you know rain, 40% chance my a$$.
Well I check the weather and they say it will clear off around 10 or 11 with no more chances till Thursday.
So I got to town gather last few remaining items I need and head back to start the final parts of my audio system upgrade, the FRONT speakers and the HU.

I figure the driver side will be the hardest so I decide to tackle it first.
I WAS RIGHT. What a Royal pin in the ASSSS.
I am running all new wire to the speakers, since they are being powered by an aftermarket amp. I can't even begin to describe how ****ed off I was after 2-1/2 hrs on the driver side alone.
I had to actually remove one of the factory amps just to get to the hole where the wire loom to the door is.
Attachment 8529
You have to remove both ends of the rubber boot, then remove the plastic clip in the side of the car in between the door. I then fished a lower gauge wire through the side of the car, through the clip, the rubber boot and into the door and then pull the 12 gauge wire through. That is BY FAR the hardest pert of installing the front speakers. If you don't run new wire the job would be a few minutes at most.
The next problem was where and how to attach the crossover so that it or the wires would not interfere with the operation of the window.
I decide the only option for attaching it was trusty 3M double sided tape. The placement is actually behind where the window falls and I routed the wires to the existing loom and around to the speakers. I tested it for any interference and there was none. I just hope it all works and I don't have to remove the crossover.
Attachment 8532
Here is the speaker template with the tweeter attached.
Attachment 8531
And after completion.
Attachment 8530

Ahh one side done and hopefully the toughest of the two. I head to the passenger side, remove the door skin and begin the installation. Running the wires on the passenger side was 10x easier. Had them fished through in a matter of minutes. Began the installation of the speaker and guess what ? You guessed it, it starts to sprinkle. I cram everything anywhere it will go and the rain comes a pouring. Once again I hate the weatherman
I now have the door skin in my trunk and crap all over my car. I just can't catch a break on this install.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-factory-sub-amp.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-front-speaker-installed.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-front-speaker-template-tweeter.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-crossover-placement.jpg  
Old 9/4/06, 05:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

TKS for all the stripe input. I guess I'll say what the vinly stripe installer says when I tell him about my idea.
Old 9/4/06, 05:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Talking A Day With Bill.....

Just got back from Bills (Taco Bill) house where him and his brother helped me retrofit my shaker duct work and install my K&N intake. I have to say they did an awesome job and measured things down to a thousand of a millimeter. I'm happy with the appearance. As an added bonus I got to ride in Bill's stang. Needless to say it was a blast. The O/R H pipe vids he's posted don't do it justice. That thing is way louder than I imagined. I want one now. Bills brother took pics of the install so I'm sure they'll be posted soon. I also met Bill's now forum famous son Chris. Once again I just want to say tks to Bill and his brother for taking time out of there day to help me do this. Next mod is either going to be stripes & a chin spoiler or a tuner. This will be decided by Wednesday.

Old 9/4/06, 05:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Just got back from Bills (Taco Bill) house where him and his brother helped me retrofit my shaker duct work and install my K&N intake...
Hey Leo! Glad we got to help you out there. I have an idea on that lower duct/clamp issue we had that I'll e-mail you later on.

All Pics

Leo in action!
Old 9/4/06, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
...I now have the door skin in my trunk and crap all over my car. I just can't catch a break on this install.
Hope it's stop raining! Sounds like you're near completion though.
Old 9/4/06, 06:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill,

Here's the shock tower covers from MWA I was telling you about today.

Old 9/4/06, 07:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well I am SO CLOSE now. I may take off tomorrow just to finish it.
Still no speakers as I need to run the remote turn-on, ground the amps and then connect the power line to the battery. Man I can taste it now
Here it is all gutted out.
Attachment 8543

Here is the side brackets used
Attachment 8544

Mocked Up
Attachment 8545

Installed Driver View - Off
Attachment 8546

Installed Driver View - On
Attachment 8547

I need to do a little tweaking too, to get the flushness (a word?) the way I want it and it clips the top when it opens right now so definitely need to fix that.

Ran out of daylight.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-gutted-1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-side-bracket-installed.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-mocked-up-1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-installed-off-driver-view.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-installed-driver-view.jpg  

Old 9/4/06, 09:31 PM

Here's the shock tower covers from MWA I was telling you about today.
Interesting, I haven't been on the MWA website for a while.

I wonder how much they'll cost?
Old 9/4/06, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Well I am SO CLOSE now. I may take off tomorrow just to finish it.
The Alpine HU looks great in the dash!

Was it difficult taking the dash apart to access the HU?
Old 9/4/06, 10:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
The Alpine HU looks great in the dash!

Was it difficult taking the dash apart to access the HU?
Thanks, and NO it was VERY easy.
Take 2 screws out of the back of the console (under the arm rest), Take the shifter trim ring off, I unscrewed the shifter **** too, then just pull up.
The center stack side pieces just pull off too. (6) Screws hold the control panel in. Remove those and then pull forward, release all the harnesses and bam you are to the HU. 4 screws hold it in.

It was really easy and accessible. There is a good amount of room behind the HU too.
Old 9/4/06, 10:23 PM
GTR Member

Bill, Here's the shock tower covers from MWA I was telling you about today.
I added myself to the pre-order list. I'll sell the nut covers I have now and buy those... May get the black ones to add some more black to the engine compartment (I'll have to see them in black -vs- white).
Old 9/4/06, 10:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Kill Bill

After hearing Bill's O/R H-Pipe today I've decided to add it to my list of future mods.
Old 9/5/06, 01:33 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I added myself to the pre-order list. I'll sell the nut covers I have now and buy those... May get the black ones to add some more black to the engine compartment (I'll have to see them in black -vs- white).
Link son....LINK!!!
Old 9/5/06, 02:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by KdF
Link son....LINK!!!
http://www.midwestautogear.com/index...d=41&Itemid=83
Old 9/5/06, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I added myself to the pre-order list..
Me too.

I also asked about pricing. I'm guessing a bit more than the mirror inserts?
Old 9/5/06, 08:02 AM

After hearing Bill's O/R H-Pipe today I've decided to add it to my list of future mods.
Leo, I'm glad to help you spend more of your money!
Old 9/5/06, 08:12 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leo , didn`t you get the inserts on your bumper where they drilled for the licence plates???

If so , respond to this thread please....

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1912327/tm.htm

thankee.
Old 9/5/06, 01:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's a pic of the plugs I used to cover the holes. They're not the best looking but looks better than having the two screws in or just leaving the holes. When I get around to it I'll probably pull them out and paint the plugs with my touch up paint so they blend a little better.

Sorry I couldn't find the reply button on the link you gave me. Your more than welcome to copy and paste this message on that thread though.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-copy-front-side2.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)