General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 9/11/08, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Yes it does, but not my kind of install.

Yeah I know, it's the first one I had ever seen.
Old 9/11/08, 10:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
After I'm done, Leo is gonna want to put swaybars back on his car, learn how to drive a stick and look for a deal on a Vista Blue 2010
The only thing I need is a wake up call when Leo finally crosses the finish line. Handicap Smandicap

I tree'd Leo on my very first trip to the track and I see no reason that will change. I'll be launching at 4000+ so the car will be so quick outta the hole he won't know what hit him

Alright. I'll put my money where my mouth is if Leo is willing to do the same.
Oh it's like that then. OK. Yeah you beat me at the tree but who won ALL the races that night? I'll wager $20 that I win atleast 1 if not more.

OH... for anyone that says it can't be done....

Here is a KB'd Car with a shaker.
No one said it couldn't be done it's just it sticks to far out and doesn't look right. JMO.
Old 9/11/08, 10:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The Restaurant Show

Since I'm in the restaurant biz here are two reasons why I go!

& btw I did see a stang in the parking garage

Jed
Old 9/11/08, 10:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So... I went to my shop got the boost/vac gauge fixed. After he dismantled the dash he realized it was just a bent connector in the gauge itself. So now we're in business. While I was there I decided to get dyno tuned. Results were... not what I was expecting.

378.8 rwhp @ 5400
383.2 ft/lb torque @ 4350

This was done on a Mustang Dyno.

Apparently I'm only seeing 7psi tops. He checked the entire system and everything else looks good. The previous tune I had was a mess. Car was jittery which is why I wanted to have it re-tuned by someone I trust, that other shop screwed me majorly. Anyways, the previous numbers were BS. Either a file copied and given to me to make me think I was getting something I was or something.

He says I'll need a smaller pulley to get the 10+ psi I'm after to get the power I want. Other then that he was kinda dissapointed in how low the numbers were. But what he did do was give me 35ft/lb of torque down much lower, so in theory the car feels MUCH faster. Pulls a lot harder then before and of course runs like a dream now. No hiccups or anything, smooth solid power band. I'm happy with the way its running now much more then before. I can finally enjoy all the money spent.

He mentioned the L/T's and intercooler affect psi numbers. Truth in this? Tom, what pulley size were you running with your set-up?
Old 9/11/08, 10:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
So... I went to my shop got the boost/vac gauge fixed. After he dismantled the dash he realized it was just a bent connector in the gauge itself. So now we're in business. While I was there I decided to get dyno tuned. Results were... not what I was expecting.

378.8 rwhp @ 5400
383.2 ft/lb torque @ 4350

This was done on a Mustang Dyno.

Apparently I'm only seeing 7psi tops. He checked the entire system and everything else looks good. The previous tune I had was a mess. Car was jittery which is why I wanted to have it re-tuned by someone I trust, that other shop screwed me majorly. Anyways, the previous numbers were BS. Either a file copied and given to me to make me think I was getting something I was or something.

He says I'll need a smaller pulley to get the 10+ psi I'm after to get the power I want. Other then that he was kinda dissapointed in how low the numbers were. But what he did do was give me 35ft/lb of torque down much lower, so in theory the car feels MUCH faster. Pulls a lot harder then before and of course runs like a dream now. No hiccups or anything, smooth solid power band. I'm happy with the way its running now much more then before. I can finally enjoy all the money spent.

He mentioned the L/T's and intercooler affect psi numbers. Truth in this? Tom, what pulley size were you running with your set-up?
Getting closer Jonathan.

We've had a Jed sighting!
Old 9/11/08, 10:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Don't know how much but the LTs will lower your boost to some degree. Intercooler... ???

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Since I'm in the restaurant biz here are two reasons why I go!
& btw I did see a stang in the parking garage

Jed
Proof that Beer and chicken wings are healthy for you.

Originally Posted by LEO06_GT
Oh it's like that then. OK. Yeah you beat me at the tree but who won ALL the races that night? I'll wager $20 that I win atleast 1 if not more.
Yeah I got my azz handed to me but the ONLY mod I had at the time was the CAI and tune AND I still had that stupid Hurst shifter. But excuses are like cheap ****** easy to use and every where..

You're on. 20$ says you win NADA

Last edited by habu; 9/11/08 at 10:47 PM.
Old 9/11/08, 10:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

well if I'm at 7ish psi and lets say LTs take 1 psi out and intercooler another. I'm down 2 psi which is 2 lower then they claim?
Old 9/11/08, 10:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Last Saturday I went to GTR, they installed my dash pod gauges here's a picture...it's not "taped" down yet I'm testing the sat antenna for best position for reception.

I drove by Chino airport on the way back home and I snapped a few shots with a B-17. Once a month on the first Saturday they have an open house. I'm trying to see if I can get the ROUSH next to a P51-Mustang! They have two at this one FBO

I think it would be cool to do a cruise out here + a BBQ and car/air show

Jed
Old 9/11/08, 10:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah I got my azz handed to me but the ONLY mod I had at the time was the CAI and tune AND I still had that stupid Hurst shifter. But excuses are like cheap ****** easy to use and every where..

You're on. 20$ says you win NADA
Your sounding like the Faleen guy.

So lets make this clear all I have to do is win 1 race? SWEET, my trip to Barona's going to be half price.
Old 9/11/08, 11:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Last Saturday I went to GTR, they installed my dash pod gauges here's a picture...it's not "taped" down yet I'm testing the sat antenna for best position for reception.

I drove by Chino airport on the way back home and I snapped a few shots with a B-17. Once a month on the first Saturday they have an open house. I'm trying to see if I can get the ROUSH next to a P51-Mustang! They have two at this one FBO

I think it would be cool to do a cruise out here + a BBQ and car/air show

Jed
Nice pics as usual. So have you decided wether or not to get the guage pod painted?
Old 9/11/08, 11:01 PM
GTR Member

The only thing I need is a wake up call when Leo finally crosses the finish line.
Wish I was close enough to get in on this and kick both of your *****!
Old 9/11/08, 11:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Wish I was close enough to get in on this and kick both of your *****!
I wish you did as the rest of the Socal bunch except for Brian and Luis don't even want to atleast go once.
Old 9/11/08, 11:06 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I wish you did as the rest of the Socal bunch except for Brian and Luis don't even want to atleast go once.
That's all I could do is once... then they'd make me get a roll bar!
Old 9/11/08, 11:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Nice pics as usual. So have you decided wether or not to get the guage pod painted?
Yes I did, I painted it with Krylon Fusion satin black for plastic. I think it's the best look kinda OEM'ish. While at GTR I am considering a bigger intercooler from Fluidyne. Right now I'm doing some research on the mounting bracket, GTR has a call out to Kenne Bell for advice.

Jed
Old 9/11/08, 11:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Looks great Jed. +10 on a trip down to Chino for some pics then a BBQ & Brew somewhere. There is a wood ranch place not too far from there. Although

Your sounding like the Faleen guy.

So lets make this clear all I have to do is win 1 race? SWEET, my trip to Barona's going to be half price.
Except I have the car and skill to back up my big mouth.

Hell at 20 bucks that's enough gas to get from Whittier to San Clemente
Old 9/11/08, 11:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes I did, I painted it with Krylon Fusion satin black for plastic. I think it's the best look kinda OEM'ish. While at GTR I am considering a bigger intercooler from Fluidyne. Right now I'm doing some research on the mounting bracket, GTR has a call out to Kenne Bell for advice.

Jed
Go the the GT Mods there is a group buy on Fluidyne from D'Agostino... I have the price if you want me to PM you.

Bring it Tom !!!! (easy to say 2800 miles away LOL)

Jon ask around, maybe call Brenspeed, they should know what the loss is due to LTs

Last edited by habu; 9/11/08 at 11:15 PM.
Old 9/11/08, 11:19 PM
Cobra Member

I'm going to say that... Brian is loosing this bet

He's going to get you on the first run. I'm sure after that you'll have it down.

So what's up with that? Just me and Brian are heading down?
Old 9/11/08, 11:21 PM
GTR Member

Bring it Tom !!!! (easy to say 2800 miles away LOL)
Would be a fun race, though!
Old 9/11/08, 11:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by superfly s197
I'm going to say that... Brian is loosing this bet

He's going to get you on the first run. I'm sure after that you'll have it down.

So what's up with that? Just me and Brian are heading down?
Just you and I ?? Wanna convoy down Friday mid morning ?? My plan is to leave around 930 - 10 latest. PM me if you're cool with that and we'll go from there.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Would be a fun race, though!
yeah I think it would be fun. Couldn't say what the outcome would be but at the end I think we'd be very close, if I could stay ahead.
Old 9/11/08, 11:55 PM
Cobra Member

Yeah. I'm down. I'll try to keep up Is there anything I should bring? Prepare for?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)