General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/08, 07:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Chicken Kickers from Dominoes Pizza. (They're like bonless buffalo wings but 10x better) Then get a six pack of Hoegaardens to wash it down with. The taste is amazing. It will change your life. The combination of the chicken and spice mixed with the delicious taste of the Hoegaarden is down right orgasmic.

Winning combo everytime.

Sounds interesting enough....never tried either.....20 bucks a sixer...? Whoa.

Maybe I'll try it....my life could use a little changing....
Old 9/6/08, 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah it's a good... great beer. Get an orange, slice and squeeze into beer. You don't have to but it enhances it a little... life changing... i dunno. I guess if you're used to drinking tastless fizzy yellow beer backed by a multi-million dollar campaign that promises hot chicks, then yeah it does..

20 a sixer... isn't it around 8-9 bucks at bevmo ??
Old 9/6/08, 09:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Robbie were you out on the highway today around Noon? I think I saw you behind me(no pun intended, lol). I think you got off at Fruitville? Pretty sure it was you, if it wasn't there's a clone of your car. Haha
Old 9/6/08, 09:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by fabman
Sounds interesting enough....never tried either.....20 bucks a sixer...? Whoa.

Maybe I'll try it....my life could use a little changing....
Originally Posted by habu
yeah it's a good... great beer. Get an orange, slice and squeeze into beer. You don't have to but it enhances it a little... life changing... i dunno. I guess if you're used to drinking tastless fizzy yellow beer backed by a multi-million dollar campaign that promises hot chicks, then yeah it does..

20 a sixer... isn't it around 8-9 bucks at bevmo ??
No not a sixer a 12 pack.
Old 9/6/08, 10:08 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
hey danny!
http://www.ebike-ridingtips.co.uk/video.php
Old 9/7/08, 12:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

ToastedMustangSlobs road trip!

http://www.beertown.org/events/gabf/index.htm

Great American Beer Festival

The 27th annual Great American Beer Festival takes place in Denver October 9-11. This year, the granddaddy of all U.S. beer festivals is expected to serve more than 1,800 different beers from an estimated 400 U.S. breweries. Drinkers tickets ($50) and designated driver tickets ($20) are on sale now.

Last edited by Ray Man; 9/7/08 at 12:12 AM.
Old 9/7/08, 01:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Looking for opinions on the following...

I've got two stock spares coming. My plan is to get rid of the tires and keep the rims. Then getting the cheapest 185/60/17 tires I can find and putting them on the rims. That way I've got skinnies for the front although ghetto it's does the job. I would put them on at the track and not drive there like I do now with the stock 17's I got from Dan.

Thoughts?
Old 9/7/08, 01:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Okay, changed the oil today. Color was still a medium golden brown with no shavings evident on a white rag that I drained through.
I'm glad I was able to spin off the filter without issues because the new Lightning housing has the filter going sideways and is pretty clost to the crossmember.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Bill.... Finally going into some boost, congrats!
I attempted a little boostland trip today after changing my oil, got it to around 4500 rpms, 5 psi, maybe 70% throttle, and it stalled out.

I sounded/felt like the water in the tank thing again, but this time much worse. Now I think it's not water, but possibly the tune, vacuum leak, or the worst possible, the piston coating. Motor would not immediately turn over, sounded pretty bad, like a weak battery and a blown head gasket kind of sound.

Luckily after sitting for a few mins, the car started again, but ran really rough for around a minute, but magically cleared up like nothing happened.

After I got home, I rev'd it to 4500 parked and in neutral and the bog came back, but this time with a puff of smoke out the driver's side exhaust and smelled pretty bad (like some funk was burning).

I'll be calling MMR on Monday to get some ideas.

Here's the vid Chris shot just as it stalled out.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill-Why the sudden intrest in the type of resonators Tom is running? Does it have something to do with the loundness of the O/R H now that your using the stang more as a DD? I meant to comment on it sooner but it slipped my mind.
Not too loud at all. In fact, I love it!

I was just asking out of curiosity.

I have no big trumpeting at 2500, the 4.10's took care of that.
Old 9/7/08, 04:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Hey Robbie were you out on the highway today around Noon? I think I saw you behind me(no pun intended, lol). I think you got off at Fruitville? Pretty sure it was you, if it wasn't there's a clone of your car. Haha
It's funny you asked because I thought I saw you on Friday and if it was you it was the first time I've seen you around. Yesterday (Saturday) I was on 75 in the stang, I got off at university to go to home depot but I didn't see you if it was me. However on Friday I think I passed you around 11:30am on 75 around SR64 or 70 maybe. I was in my Expedition though. Did you notice a big lifted 4x4 Expedition pass you doing about 90. It's black and has 4 lights in the grill and 4 on the roof with a rack.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dsc00840-1-.jpg  

Last edited by Robbieg; 9/7/08 at 04:21 PM.
Old 9/7/08, 05:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I just saw this on ebay, isn't this Kyles car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUSTA...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 9/7/08, 05:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Okay, changed the oil today. Color was still a medium golden brown with no shavings evident on a white rag that I drained through.
I'm glad I was able to spin off the filter without issues because the new Lightning housing has the filter going sideways and is pretty clost to the crossmember.

I attempted a little boostland trip today after changing my oil, got it to around 4500 rpms, 5 psi, maybe 70% throttle, and it stalled out.

I sounded/felt like the water in the tank thing again, but this time much worse. Now I think it's not water, but possibly the tune, vacuum leak, or the worst possible, the piston coating. Motor would not immediately turn over, sounded pretty bad, like a weak battery and a blown head gasket kind of sound.

Luckily after sitting for a few mins, the car started again, but ran really rough for around a minute, but magically cleared up like nothing happened.

After I got home, I rev'd it to 4500 parked and in neutral and the bog came back, but this time with a puff of smoke out the driver's side exhaust and smelled pretty bad (like some funk was burning).

I'll be calling MMR on Monday to get some ideas.

Here's the vid Chris shot just as it stalled out.

Puff of white smoke? Or black? Sounds a bit like a head gasket or some other water leaking into the wrong places....especially since is cleaned up....hmmmmm.

The bog sounds like fuel starvation....ouch....not again.

Good to get things checked before the nightmare starts all over again.
Old 9/7/08, 06:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
It's funny you asked because I thought I saw you on Friday and if it was you it was the first time I've seen you around. Yesterday (Saturday) I was on 75 in the stang, I got off at university to go to home depot but I didn't see you if it was me. However on Friday I think I passed you around 11:30am on 75 around SR64 or 70 maybe. I was in my Expedition though. Did you notice a big lifted 4x4 Expedition pass you doing about 90. It's black and has 4 lights in the grill and 4 on the roof with a rack.
Haha, I think I did see your Expedition pass me the other day. Yeah I definitely saw you on Saturday then, it was University where I saw you exit. I was maybe a 1/4 mile ahead of you. I saw you riding some car that was in front of you and you moved to the middle lane and thats when I started to slow down to check the Mustang out but you had exit already.

My mustang doesn't have a spoiler and I have the rear faux gas cap and key hole shaved. Just a clean unmarked rear.
Old 9/7/08, 06:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Mod bug has me bad. I'd like to get dyno'd this week... I'd be shooting for at least 450rwhp/400+rwtq. If not more on a safe tune...
Old 9/7/08, 06:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Haha, I think I did see your Expedition pass me the other day. Yeah I definitely saw you on Saturday then, it was University where I saw you exit. I was maybe a 1/4 mile ahead of you. I saw you riding some car that was in front of you and you moved to the middle lane and thats when I started to slow down to check the Mustang out but you had exit already.

My mustang doesn't have a spoiler and I have the rear faux gas cap and key hole shaved. Just a clean unmarked rear.
Yeah i actually didn't notice it was your car until I saw it in the rear view and noticed the hood.
Old 9/7/08, 06:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Mod bug has me bad. I'd like to get dyno'd this week... I'd be shooting for at least 450rwhp/400+rwtq. If not more on a safe tune...
Were do you get dyno'd around here. I like to get mine done too but I don't have a clue were to go or who to trust.
Old 9/7/08, 07:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I got screwed by the shop who did my s/c install. I've since then started going to the Brandon area Coastal Dyno. Sam's the shop owner and tuner. Good guy. I've heard good things about him from other forums.
Old 9/7/08, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dang Bill, sorry to hear about the continuing issues. I want you to be past that stuff and just enjoy your Stang.
Old 9/7/08, 08:16 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Robbieg
I just saw this on ebay, isn't this Kyles car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUSTA...QQcmdZViewItem
it sure looks that way, but I dont think it is, the more I look at it, that's a GT, kyle had a sixxer

Last edited by StangMahn; 9/7/08 at 08:17 PM.
Old 9/7/08, 08:24 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Bummer Bill. Hope you get your questions answered and that its something small.
Old 9/7/08, 08:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
it sure looks that way, but I dont think it is, the more I look at it, that's a GT, kyle had a sixxer
Kyle had just put a GT front bumper cover on.....

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)