General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 9/3/08, 11:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Just rent the tool from you local autozone or whatever you guys have over there. It cost's zero $$ as you get the deposit back when you return it. It's really easy once you've got the right tool. I had it the piston compressed within a minute of getting home.

Well being a noob mechanic I had no idea.

I'm in as long as there's beer.
I didn't figure it out on my grandpa's Buick and eventually had to take it to some shop.... that's when I learned what the deal was, but this was like in 1990 or so... You're learning and that's the important part. Soon you won't be a n00b

beer.... yep. maybe this time we won't have to worry about rain.
Old 9/4/08, 12:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in Brian
Old 9/4/08, 01:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Hey Jed,

Anything happening with your Moroso tank yet?

Ah yes the tank slated next after the IPOD interface install and the radar hard wire. I might do it Saturday afternoon if I get back from GTR Performance early.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'm wondering more about how he's handling his carpet funk.
Hey it turns out the funk was on a wrench and not the carpet. The oil residue on the wrench went rank I guess. I cleaned it all pretty with WD40

Jed
Old 9/4/08, 01:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just for Ray..

btw, that 'techno' beat sucked.

I'm in!

What's 'play day'??
"Play Days" Is where a new restaurant is open for practicing on guests that dine for free! The key is to find out when they do the Play Days and to asked the right person if you can attend. I'll see if I can use my influence

Who Da Man?

Jed
Old 9/4/08, 03:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

A little more progress tonight dove deep into the dash. I emailed Crutchfields last night and they replied today with the correct install setup. Great customer service Turns out that you can daisy chain the Sirius Connect module with the IPOD module. Then just set a few dip switches and bada bing! Did a test before I reinstalled it all. All I need to do now is velcro the IPOD interface inside the console. I'll finish it all up Thursday afternoon. Here are a few picks just for fun....

Can't believe all the tools you end up using after something like this.

Man rust gets everyhere

Jed
Old 9/4/08, 05:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Tom, Bill.... this is for you....

LOL good one.... hahahahaaa!
Old 9/4/08, 06:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
So have you finally setelled on a shop?

Installed the rear spacers today.
Most likely back to Swanson for the dyno pulls. If I hit ~420 to the wheels with a safe and stable A/F, I'm calling it good!

Glad you got the rear spacers and brake issue handled.
You've come a long way Leo. Back in the day this guy didn't even own a screwdriver!

Anyone up for a UCA mini-install party on or around sept 26-27th ?? Decided to finally install it instead of selling it. Figure that with the DRs it will only help.
Guessing you mean the 27th? Sounds good to me as well.

Whatever happened with your SCT fiasco? They ship you a new handheld yet?

Originally Posted by JedCranium
A little more progress tonight dove deep into the dash.

Man rust gets everyhere
So that's what you've been doing at night.

Was wondering why no beer calls or King's Hawaiian runs.

Hope you get all these little projects buttoned up (including GTR) before your show on Sunday.
Old 9/4/08, 07:00 AM

Leo, should I mention in this thread that you almost killed me and Luis on those winding roads on the way to Barona?
Old 9/4/08, 08:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yo Jed
That right there is why I do not touch electrical stuff. Man that'd give me nightmares for sure. Gimme something I can put a wrench to but if it involves some vinyl and copper, i'm out.

Good you got it figured out something that I could never have done.

Bill
SCT still SUX. Sent them my handheld yesterday and hopefully in about 2-3 weeks I might hear something back. Not at all happy.

Leo
Got an unexpected little bonus from work... able to get a Helmet AND Fire Jacket.... Look out
Old 9/4/08, 09:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Leo, should I mention in this thread that you almost killed me and Luis on those winding roads on the way to Barona?
I would have loved to have seen that.... is it the car or the driver

Old 9/4/08, 09:05 AM

Brian-
Sorry to hear that SCT is jacking you around.
So are you planning on resolving this whole issue or planning on going with the Diablo?

Got a link to the jacket you're planning on getting? Wondering how it looks like.
Old 9/4/08, 09:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Brian-
Sorry to hear that SCT is jacking you around.
So are you planning on resolving this whole issue or planning on going with the Diablo?

Got a link to the jacket you're planning on getting? Wondering how it looks like.

If I don't get a new SCT or an X-Cal3 then yeah I'll go Diablo Then I'm going to smash the X-Cal2 I have with a sledge hammer into teeny tiny pieces and send it back to SCT.

I'd send you the exact link but you'd swim in the jacket I got, here's the fire retardant jacket link. I got the R.J.S. one.
Summit Racing
Old 9/4/08, 09:22 AM

I would have loved to have seen that.... is it the car or the driver

It kinda went down like this..

As we all were having the discussion of whether a front swaybar was needed or not (Leo saying not), he decided to push his car into a sharp sweeping right a little hotter than usual.

His whole front end shifted and leaned to the left like a Cadillac Coupe DeVille, all occupants had at least a sphincter rating of 8.0, all the while Leo says, "Oh sh*t!".

I think Leo's looking at re-installing his front swaybar.
Old 9/4/08, 09:27 AM

If I don't get a new SCT or an X-Cal3 then yeah I'll go Diablo Then I'm going to smash the X-Cal2 I have with a sledge hammer into teeny tiny pieces and send it back to SCT.

If you do smash it to bits, you MUST take pics!

I'd send you the exact link but you'd swim in the jacket I got, here's the fire retardant jacket link. I got the R.J.S. one.
Summit Racing
Now why exactly do you need this jacket? So your upper body doesn't catch fire?

Getting gloves too?
Old 9/4/08, 10:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Brian-Jacket looks good. But why do you need one? Does Irwindale require it? I know I've seen other S/C stangs run at Qualcomm and Barona and all they needed where helmets.

Jed-That stereo stuff looks like a nightmare. Hopefully you can get us into the Burger place.

Bill-Yeah the only reason I'm debating putting the front swaybar back in is because I'm getting a killer deal on the front and rear Eibach swaybars. The little mishap at Barona was due more to the fact that I didn't anticipate how sharp the corner was so I started straightening the wheel to soon.

BTW-Considering swapping out my Steeda PHB and PHB support for the BMR versions. Reason being I noticed my rear is still off center and the stupid Steeda PHB is a pain to adjust. So anyone looking for a PHB and PH support shoot me a pm. If I don't hear from any of you then I'll just put an add up in the for sale section.

Also looking at upgrading the strut mounts because the popping noise is getting on my dam nerves. Haven't decided if to go with GT500 one's which are only $70 or If I should get some aftermarket ones which range from $200-$300. Thoughts?

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 9/4/08 at 10:37 AM.
Old 9/4/08, 10:36 AM

Here's an entertaining 4.0 vs Mazda 6 video. At least the Mustang won.
Old 9/4/08, 10:45 AM

BTW-Considering swapping out my Steeda PHB and PHB support for the BMR versions. Reason being I noticed my rear is still off center and the stupid Steeda PHB is a pain to adjust. So anyone looking for a PHB and PH support shoot me a pm. If I don't hear from any of you then I'll just put an add up in the for sale section.

Also looking at upgrading the strut mounts because the popping noise is getting on my dam nerves. Haven't decided if to go with GT500 one's which are only $70 or If I should get some aftermarket ones which range from $200-$300. Thoughts?
Are the GT500 strut bearing caps compatible to use with our cars?

I'd consider just getting the 2nd Gen caps and call it good.

If anyone's wondering what the Steeda Adj PHB and support look like, here they are laying next to the stock ones.
Old 9/4/08, 10:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

If you do smash it to bits, you MUST take pics!

Now why exactly do you need this jacket? So your upper body doesn't catch fire?

Getting gloves too?
Oh there will be pics. I promise.

Brian-Jacket looks good. But why do you need one? Does Irwindale require it? I know I've seen other S/C stangs run at Qualcomm and Barona and all they needed where helmets.

Jed-That stereo stuff looks like a nightmare. Hopefully you can get us into the Burger place.

Bill-Yeah the only reason I'm debating putting the front swaybar back in is because I'm getting a killer deal on the front and rear Eibach swaybars. The little mishap at Barona was due more to the fact that I didn't anticipate how sharp the corner was so I started straightening the wheel to soon.

Jacket... Required at Irwindale. Per NHRA spec any non-OEM power-adder requires a fire jacket. I'm surprised Barona doesn't enforce this.

Gloves, no. Thinking about shoes though.

The GT500 mounts are no better I thought. I thought that the revised mounts that are covered in a TSB are the ones to get not the GT500 ones ?? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I've got the same popping that everyone else has and never noticed it... I'd have to hear it in your car Leo.

LEO
What's the good-buddy-POTR discount for the panhard brace, not the adj bar ??

Last edited by habu; 9/4/08 at 10:59 AM.
Old 9/4/08, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Are the GT500 strut bearing caps compatible to use with our cars?

I'd consider just getting the 2nd Gen caps and call it good.

If anyone's wondering what the Steeda Adj PHB and support look like, here they are laying next to the stock ones.
Yeah they're compatible. MossMustang sells them as an "upgrade" to the GT mounts.

Oh there will be pics. I promise.

Jacket... Required at Irwindale. Per NHRA spec any non-OEM power-adder requires a fire jacket. I'm surprised Barona doesn't enforce this.

Gloves, no. Thinking about shoes though.

The GT500 mounts are no better I thought. I thought that the revised mounts that are covered in a TSB are the ones to get not the GT500 ones ?? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I've got the same popping that everyone else has and never noticed it... I'd have to hear it in your car Leo.

LEO
What's the good-buddy-POTR discount for the panhard brace, not the adj bar ??
"Shoes, F shoes." -Dane Cook. Seriously though shoes? Why?

Strut Mounts-Not sure which are better still have to do some research.

P brace $65-70 sound good? It costs $90 from Steeda.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 9/4/08 at 11:11 AM.
Old 9/4/08, 11:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah they're compatible. MossMustang sells them as an "upgrade" to the GT mounts.

"Shoes, F shoes." -Dane Cook. Seriously though shoes? Why?

Strut Mounts-Not sure which are better still have to do some research.

P brace $65-70 sound good? It costs $90 from Steeda.
Yeah I know. But they flex better than regular sneakers and I think I could heel-toe easier too. Besides the look cool and are entirely functional if there is ever a fire close to my feet.

Brace... lemme think. I really don't need it and I should save to finally get my gauges. If you don't get rid of them, let me know.

The thread in GT mods has several people saying that the revised mounts are the way to go and that the GT500 ones still clunk Buy the revised ones and if they still clunk we can make sure to get the GT500 ones

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)