General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 9/3/08, 07:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
it looks like someone tried to steel your sound system !
Old 9/3/08, 07:44 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
nice ray!
Old 9/3/08, 07:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ray Man
Just for TacoBill and Luis:
Just for Ray..

btw, that 'techno' beat sucked.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
We should make a run to this one when it opens. Maybe on "play day" that means a freebie.
I'm in!

What's 'play day'??
Old 9/3/08, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Cool news on the spacers. Same design as the old ones? What's the major difference?
Hmm.....where to start???? There's two different types of wheel spacers lugcentric and hubcentric. Lugcentric spacers are flat on both sides of the spacer and depend on the studs for for centering. Hubcentric spacers have grooved area on the backside that allows them to sit on the hub as if it where the rim then as a hub on the front side to allow the wheel to sit as if it where on the stock hub. Both of those variations are offered in "adapter style" (Meaning you install the spacer on the stock studs and the wheels on the studs pressed into the spacer.) Then there's just a normal spacer where your required to replace the stock studs with longer ones. All the big comapnies like Eibach, H&R, and Maxium Motorsports sell both variations but hubcentric with the longer studs is from my understanding the safer option. Never had a problem with my lugcentric spacers though.

Main reason for getting these though is that now when I go to the track instead of having to unbolt all the spacers before installing my track tires I can just slide the spacers off and on. With the old spacers it was like having to switch eight tires.

Here's some pics I found online of both types of spacers.

Hubcentric (Keeps your stock studs)

Lugcentric (Keeps stock studs) These are the like my old spacers.

Hubcentric (Replace stock studs) These are like my new ones.

Backend of a hubcentric spacer. Lugcentic spacers don't have that indentation.

Sorry for the spacer 101.
Old 9/3/08, 10:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just for Ray..

btw, that 'techno' beat sucked.
Ahhhh... I thought you would appreciate that.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Hmm.....where to start???? There's two different types of wheel spacers lugcentric and hubcentric. Lugcentric spacers are flat on both sides of the spacer and depend on the studs for for centering. Hubcentric spacers have grooved area on the backside that allows them to sit on the hub as if it where the rim then as a hub on the front side to allow the wheel to sit as if it where on the stock hub. Both of those variations are offered in "adapter style" (Meaning you install the spacer on the stock studs and the wheels on the studs pressed into the spacer.) Then there's just a normal spacer where your required to replace the stock studs with longer ones. All the big comapnies like Eibach, H&R, and Maxium Motorsports sell both variations but hubcentric with the longer studs is from my understanding the safer option. Never had a problem with my lugcentric spacers though.

Main reason for getting these though is that now when I go to the track instead of having to unbolt all the spacers before installing my track tires I can just slide the spacers off and on. With the old spacers it was like having to switch eight tires.

Here's some pics I found online of both types of spacers.

Hubcentric (Keeps your stock studs)

Lugcentric (Keeps stock studs) These are the like my old spacers.

Hubcentric (Replace stock studs) These are like my new ones.

Backend of a hubcentric spacer. Lugcentic spacers don't have that indentation.

Sorry for the spacer 101.
I appreciated the Spacer 101 Leo, thanks.
Old 9/3/08, 11:11 AM

Leo's now the official POTR Spacer Professor.

Picked up 6 quarts of Mobil 5W30 conventional oil and a Mobil 1 filter yesterday. Came pretty close to getting the Motorcraft synthetic blend, but decided last minute not to do it. There's just too many people against running any type of synthethic at this stage to disagree with.

Hopefully will get my oil changed by the weekend. I will start getting on it a little harder now, but still no WOT or full boost. Next stop after this will be the dyno.. at the tune of another $100.
Old 9/3/08, 12:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Oh quit crying about money and get it on the dyno. You techno-pansy.
Old 9/3/08, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
Oh quit crying about money and get it on the dyno. You techno-pansy.
Someone's got nuts the size of coconuts today.

Oh btw Tom, found a carshow for you to enter in... click here
Only requirement is having a wood dash.

Old 9/3/08, 03:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Correction, it's not just today....

Old 9/3/08, 09:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Jed,

Anything happening with your Moroso tank yet?

Old 9/3/08, 10:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Bill and Tom ya'll argue more than Siegfried and Roy after a game of pitch and catch.
Old 9/3/08, 10:56 PM

Hey Jed,

Anything happening with your Moroso tank yet?

I'm wondering more about how he's handling his carpet funk.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Bill and Tom ya'll argue more than Siegfried and Roy after a game of pitch and catch.
I call pitcher first!

Sorry Tom.
Old 9/3/08, 11:04 PM
Cobra Member

Let me get this right...

Taco: you pitch it
Tom: you catch it?

:gay:

Old 9/3/08, 11:08 PM
Post *****

I think its the other way around, Bill did say he knew the size of Tom's nuts.

Old 9/3/08, 11:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ahhhh... I thought you would appreciate that.

I appreciated the Spacer 101 Leo, thanks.
Your welcome.

Leo's now the official POTR Spacer Professor.

Picked up 6 quarts of Mobil 5W30 conventional oil and a Mobil 1 filter yesterday. Came pretty close to getting the Motorcraft synthetic blend, but decided last minute not to do it. There's just too many people against running any type of synthethic at this stage to disagree with.

Hopefully will get my oil changed by the weekend. I will start getting on it a little harder now, but still no WOT or full boost. Next stop after this will be the dyno.. at the tune of another $100.
So have you finally setelled on a shop?

Oh btw Tom, found a carshow for you to enter in... click here
Only requirement is having a wood dash.

I call pitcher first!
Pitch or catch it's still:gay:.

Installed the rear spacers today. Everything was going fine until it came time to put the calipers back on. Like an idiot I pressed on the brakes after they were off the rotor. Little did I know the rear calipers on our cars can't be compressed using a C-clamp. It requires a special tool. (I'll post pics of this tool and of the install when I finish the fronts. After an hour of trying to compress the stupid things and a couple conversations with Bill he found out that our rear pistons have to be "turned" back in. So I took a trip to Autozone and rented the stupid tool. Wish I'd of known about it before. Tool looks like a a half dollar with nipples that you attach to a socket wrench. So for all of you changing your brake pads in the near future know you will need this tool. Dam Ford.

While I had the rotors off I decided to spray paint the slotted and crossdrilled areas black as they were beginning to show signs of rust. I'll be doing the same to the front when I finish the spacer install this weekend.

NFL Season kicks off tomorrow night.
Old 9/3/08, 11:15 PM
Post *****

I know Leo I was all set to change my pads with the rotors and then I found out about this. Luckily I found out before hand, but since then I haven't wanted to mess with it.

Bill ignore this next remark:

"Are you ready for some football!!!!"

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 9/3/08 at 11:35 PM.
Old 9/3/08, 11:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Installed the rear spacers today. Everything was going fine until it came time to put the calipers back on. Like an idiot I pressed on the brakes after they were off the rotor. Little did I know the rear calipers on our cars can't be compressed using a C-clamp. It requires a special tool. (I'll post pics of this tool and of the install when I finish the fronts. After an hour of trying to compress the stupid things and a couple conversations with Bill he found out that our rear pistons have to be "turned" back in. So I took a trip to Autozone and rented the stupid tool. Wish I'd of known about it before. Tool looks like a a half dollar with nipples that you attach to a socket wrench. So for all of you changing your brake pads in the near future know you will need this tool. Dam Ford.

While I had the rotors off I decided to spray paint the slotted and crossdrilled areas black as they were beginning to show signs of rust. I'll be doing the same to the front when I finish the spacer install this weekend.
That would have scared me. I'm glad you got it right with the tool though.
Old 9/3/08, 11:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Bill he found out that our rear pistons have to be "turned" back in. So I took a trip to Autozone and rented the stupid tool. Wish I'd of known about it before. Tool looks like a a half dollar with nipples that you attach to a socket wrench. So for all of you changing your brake pads in the near future know you will need this tool. Dam Ford.

Actually it's like that for just about all rear wheel disc brake systems. It's the parking brake that requires that you ratchet or screw the caliper piston back into the caliper. My grandpa's Buick was like this, Mom's Bonneville and My old VW. It's just the way it is.

Anyway good to see you got it fixed. PITA until you figure it out though.

Anyone up for a UCA mini-install party on or around sept 26-27th ?? Decided to finally install it instead of selling it. Figure that with the DRs it will only help.
Old 9/3/08, 11:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Tom, Bill.... this is for you....

Old 9/3/08, 11:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I know Leo I was all set to change my pads with the rotors and then I found out about this. Luckily I found out before hand, but since then I haven't wanted to mess with it.

Bill ignore this next remark:

"Are you ready for soms football!!!!":bana na:
Just rent the tool from you local autozone or whatever you guys have over there. It cost's zero $$ as you get the deposit back when you return it. It's really easy once you've got the right tool. I had it the piston compressed within a minute of getting home.

Originally Posted by habu
Actually it's like that for just about all rear wheel disc brake systems. It's the parking brake that requires that you ratchet or screw the caliper piston back into the caliper. My grandpa's Buick was like this, Mom's Bonneville and My old VW. It's just the way it is.

Anyway good to see you got it fixed. PITA until you figure it out though.

Anyone up for a UCA mini-install party on or around sept 26-27th ?? Decided to finally install it instead of selling it. Figure that with the DRs it will only help.
[/font][/color]
Well being a noob mechanic I had no idea.

I'm in as long as there's beer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)