General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/08, 11:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from Barona

Packed it in early today. Weather/Air was really bad. Even after the sun went down it was still 75 and even the breeze felt warm. With that said no new best times today. In fact I didn't even get my usual 8.4's. I was running 8.5 and 8.6's. Line locks worked out great. I did one really awesome burnout where there was so much smoke it was coming in through the air vents. I had to wait 10-20 before staging to allow the smoke to clear.

Brian, Luis I think I've got Bill rethinking his decision about not going to Barona next week.
Old 8/9/08, 11:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey driving back from Pasadena today I drove by a bunch of dealerships (Ford/Non Ford) and I couldn't believe how many used Stangs are on the lots. The economy and gas prices are taking a toll.
Do you guys notice this in your hood?

Jed
Funny you mentioned Pasadena, that's where I bought my car and after all the crap I took with the god-awful dealers, managers and worst of all the finance department, Pasadena Ford has closed it doors. I only wish I was in town to dance a jig on their lot this weekend.
Old 8/9/08, 11:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Packed it in early today. Weather/Air was really bad. Even after the sun went down it was still 75 and even the breeze felt warm. With that said no new best times today. In fact I didn't even get my usual 8.4's. I was running 8.5 and 8.6's. Line locks worked out great. I did one really awesome burnout where there was so much smoke it was coming in through the air vents. I had to wait 10-20 before staging to allow the smoke to clear.

Brian, Luis I think I've got Bill rethinking his decision about not going to Barona next week.
Originally Posted by BLCKNED
Funny you mentioned Pasadena, that's where I bought my car and after all the crap I took with the god-awful dealers, managers and worst of all the finance department, Pasadena Ford has closed it doors. I only wish I was in town to dance a jig on their lot this weekend.

hafta to do this quick. Stealin internets from dummy that has their router unlocked...... connection tends to drop frequently (verizon up date... internet on the 12th )

Sucks 'bout no new time, but a day at the races beats a day at work. Hopefully it'll be cooler next week. Does Barona do the Helmet rental thing ?? Thinking about doing just a coupla laps just to do it see what I can do without pushing it too hard. If I can get a helmet to rent, I might do it ??

Bill, ya gotta go, even if you don't race it's fun to shoot the sh t and watch everyone else.

Jed Thanks for finding the pics. Looks good if I say so myself.

Ian.... I feel the same way for Board Ford up here in Whittier. One salesscum stole my sis's ID used her name in Georgia, they were horrible. One guy told me that he Could not paint the Chin spoiler, it was unpaintable. Their ADMs were outrageous. A GT, in 06, with nuthin but wheels and tires and NO IUP or shaker and they wanted almost 40K for it...

That placed deserved to go down. Don't feel sorry about it at all.
Old 8/9/08, 11:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
hafta to do this quick. Stealin internets from dummy that has their router unlocked...... connection tends to drop frequently (verizon up date... internet on the 12th )

Sucks 'bout no new time, but a day at the races beats a day at work. Hopefully it'll be cooler next week. Does Barona do the Helmet rental thing ?? Thinking about doing just a coupla laps just to do it see what I can do without pushing it too hard. If I can get a helmet to rent, I might do it ??

Bill, ya gotta go, even if you don't race it's fun to shoot the sh t and watch everyone else.

Jed Thanks for finding the pics. Looks good if I say so myself.

Ian.... I feel the same way for Board Ford up here in Whittier. One salesscum stole my sis's ID used her name in Georgia, they were horrible. One guy told me that he Could not paint the Chin spoiler, it was unpaintable. Their ADMs were outrageous. A GT, in 06, with nuthin but wheels and tires and NO IUP or shaker and they wanted almost 40K for it...

That placed deserved to go down. Don't feel sorry about it at all.

No I don't think Barona does rentals. With that said I don't mind you borrowing mine. I think you could probably not using drag radials so long as you don't dump it a 5k on take off. I'd say start at Idle and see what you get.
Old 8/9/08, 11:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Umm, yeah.. Leo's trying to tempt me with the . Downtown or Gaslamp?

Since I'll be the 3rd wheel, I have to have my car ready to go by Friday. Or else, I can't go.

2nd obstacle.. the wife.

If I go, it's not to see you losers burn rubber down the 1/8th mile, but the party afterwards!

j/k....
Old 8/9/08, 11:51 PM

With that said I don't mind you borrowing mine.
Borrow what? Your purple helmet?
Old 8/9/08, 11:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

gaslamp, hands down. Tons, tons to see or drink. Last place I partied what Dick's Last Stand. Crawfish and a ton o'beer

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Since I'll be the 3rd wheel, I have to have my car ready to go by Friday. Or else, I can't go.

2nd obstacle.. the wife.
Look I want you to go, but would you really take a car right from the shop to a trip to SD without putting some good miles on it ? To get stranded would be a b-e-otch.

2nd obstacle.... like you haven't gotten past that before....

purple, orange... pink, I don't care. A Brain bucket does the same no matter the color.

Leo... That is what I was thinking. Lower the tire pressure down to about 20 or so, take it easy somewhat in first and see what's what... Just to do it.

Last edited by habu; 8/9/08 at 11:59 PM.
Old 8/9/08, 11:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

2nd obstacle.. the wife.

If I go, it's not to see you losers burn rubber down the 1/8th mile, but the party afterwards! j/k....
Well if your coming down and you don't/can't drive the stang why not bring everybody down in your wifes car.

Borrow what? Your purple helmet?
Another gay comment from techno man.
Old 8/10/08, 12:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

No I don't think Barona does rentals. With that said I don't mind you borrowing mine. I think you could probably not using drag radials so long as you don't dump it a 5k on take off. I'd say start at Idle and see what you get.
Purple helmet Bill you best take it slow on your motor break-in. Your testosterone will be up if you’re at the track with your ride, hummm will power!

Jed
Old 8/10/08, 12:02 AM

gaslamp, hands down. Tons, tons to see or drink. Last place I partied what Dick's Last Stand. Crawfish and a ton o'beer

purple, orange... pink, I don't care. A Brain bucket does the same no matter the color.
Dude, I'm down with gaslamp!

umm.. I think you will care if it's purple.
Legacy TMS Member

Look I want you to go, but would you really take a car right from the shop to a trip to SD without putting some good miles on it ? To get stranded would be a b-e-otch.

2nd obstacle.... like you haven't gotten past that before....

Leo... That is what I was thinking. Lower the tire pressure down to about 20 or so, take it easy somewhat in first and see what's what... Just to do it.
Yeah that's a good place to eat but there's way better places down in the gaslamp.

That sound like an idea. If your going to drive the car all the way down you might as well give it a shot. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if you were to take off at idle you'll still run a sub 8. We'll see I guess. Then again I've never driven an FI car so I have no idea how the car will react between shifts.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 8/10/08 at 12:03 AM.
Shelby GT500 Member

Well if your coming down and you don't/can't drive the stang why not bring everybody down in your wifes car.

Speaking of Gay/Techo Bill have you listened to Milky?

Leo I think the Highlander might do 8.4

Ray the [TOK] Clan sucks, I just kicked butt in Quick

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 8/10/08 at 12:07 AM.
Old 8/10/08, 12:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah that's a good place to eat but there's way better places down in the gaslamp.

That sound like an idea. If your going to drive the car all the way down you might as well give it a shot. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if you were to take off at idle you'll still run a sub 8. We'll see I guess. Then again I've never driven an FI car so I have no idea how the car will react between shifts.
tr
That was my thought exactly. I have the car and will be at the track. It'd be dumb not to. That way I can have a pre-DR, line-lock and Tensioner run... yeah... that's it.

Dude, I'm down with gaslamp!

umm.. I think you will care if it's purple.
Great. is this CLick
the only thing on your mind ??

Edited 'cause I know they'll take it down

Last edited by habu; 8/10/08 at 12:09 AM.
Old 8/10/08, 12:09 AM

Huh? Bring Pam and Chris? Are you out of your mind??

Leave it up to Leo to start some sh*t.

For Leo...

Guess Leo will be out official SD pub crawl guide!

Speaking of Gay/Techo Bill have you listened to Milky?
Who the F is Milky??
Old 8/10/08, 12:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo I think the Highlander might do 8.4 Jed
Ouch.
Old 8/10/08, 12:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

jeez... Almost all of SoCal is on here.... But I'm 'bout ready to bail. Laptop is ready to die

hey Ray
Old 8/10/08, 12:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Huh? Bring Pam and Chris? Are you out of your mind??
I meant to take her car and have Luis and Brian ride with you.
Old 8/10/08, 12:12 AM

Ray the [TOK] Clan sucks, I just kicked butt in Quick
Jed & Ray =

Great. is this CLick
Dude, I can't believe you never heard of the purple helmet!
Old 8/10/08, 12:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

tr
That was my thought exactly. I have the car and will be at the track. It'd be dumb not to. That way I can have a pre-DR, line-lock and Tensioner run... yeah... that's it.

Great. is this CLick

Edited 'cause I know they'll take it down
I miss the AOL guys!

Jed
Old 8/10/08, 12:14 AM

Ouch.
The Highlander will waste your Jetta!

Pam's got 275 hp on tap.. with a manual shift option!

I meant to take her car and have Luis and Brian ride with you.
Are you ??

Brian just said that he wants to run his car there.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)