General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/31/08, 01:50 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
My wife, huge Packer fan, wants him to play for Packers and says screw Aaron Rodgers. But she would watch him wherever he plays.

I say this. If Favre is good, then he is obviously better than Rodgers who is an unknown quantity. If he is better than Rodgers, he should start. You can't worry about 2009 and 2010 and so on. Hell how old is Rodgers already. I am thoroughly not convinced Rodgers is the guy. So I beleive they should play and start Favre.

Now if Favre is truly second to Rodgers, maybe only in the mind of Thompson, then trade him, get the value, and go on. You obviously don't beleive he is good enough to start for your team. Packers were a playoff team with Favre, so with Rodgers they must beleive they are a Superbowl team. So let Favre go wherever he wants if you are so confident that you have the better man. Vikings weren't a playoff team. Let him go there. Rodgers is the better guy, right?

But this isn't the case either. Thompson must prove that he was right in picking and signing and sticking with Rodgers. Its an ego thing. Plus they want the Packers to be more than Favre. They also want a guy that will prepare, watch film, and listen to the coaches, as Favre would no longer do. He said it himself, he just wants to play on Sundays and can't stand the rest of it.

So the Packers should let him go. Let him go play for his friends in Minnesota. If you've really made the right choice, there's no looking back. I think the Pack owe Bret enough to let him go. Where would they be without him now. Admittedly Holmgren brought things back way back when, but Favre is still there. I don't know what the future holds for the Pack, but evidently the Pack is willing to pay him $20 million to stay away.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 7/31/08 at 02:51 PM.
Old 7/31/08, 02:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read that Brett's on his way back to Green Bay.

I agree with all of the above. Everything could've of been avoided if they'd just said fine come back. The only person affected would've of been Aaron Rogers which frankly who gives' a **** how he feels. He's a nobody.
Old 7/31/08, 02:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Old 7/31/08, 02:49 PM
Cobra Member

Bill - Sorry it's not about techno! This is man-land football

I'm not really into football, but this is interesting. If in fact Favre goes to another team, I'll be sure to watch this season closely.
Old 7/31/08, 02:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Favre should be able to come back to the pack even after all the drama. Kobe did the same thing a year ago and look how well they did. Kobe took it a step further by not only bashing management but his teammates. I guess we'll see how it play's out.

Bill-Like George would say turn in your man card.
Old 7/31/08, 02:55 PM
Post *****

The only good thing fo rme about Favre coming back is the permission of my wife to get DirectTV Sunday Ticket.

I'm gonna try to get the upgrade to Superfan like you did Leo.

I also get to see one amazing arm throw some serious heaters and an old man (in football years) play like a kid. I really, really like Brett. He should have handled it a little different, but he deserves to play. He's earned it.
Old 7/31/08, 02:56 PM
Post *****

What kind of sports does Taco Bill like?

Because if you say Figure Skating or something, I will personally come and revoke your man card.
Old 7/31/08, 03:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Just read that Brett's on his way back to Green Bay.

I agree with all of the above. Everything could've of been avoided if they'd just said fine come back. The only person affected would've of been Aaron Rogers which frankly who gives' a **** how he feels. He's a nobody.
I agree with Gary too.

If Favre comes back to the pack he should play unless he proves unable to beat Rogers, highly unlikely. Otherwise Thompson needs to just let him go.

That being said, it's Thompson's job whichever way this plays out. Favre leaves to say the Vikes (best between them and Da Bears) and the Vikes kick the Pack's *** and go deep into the playoffs, The fans will have his ***. IF Favre comes back and does not have a stellar year or if they are mired in middle-of-the-road hope to get a wildcard, It's his ***. The only way his job is saved is if Favre comes back and goes to the SB. The ONLY way.

My take, he was probably forced out and realized that he can still play and play in the top tier or very close. He calls GB's bluff and changes his mind. NE, NY, DAL are all vunerable..... Chances are he can go deep for whoever he plays for.

Too bad they'll lose against my Seattle Seahawks
Old 7/31/08, 03:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
here... hopefully this helps

untz untz untz untz untz untz untz untz untz untz untz untz untz untz
Old 7/31/08, 03:07 PM
Post *****

I think that what will happen will be similar to the scenario Peter King of SI laid out. The Pack will keep Favre, even if they pay him to sit at home. The first injury to a starting QB on a playoff team with a questionable backup and the Pack finally have the big value trade they need from a team in desperate need of QB. (Can you say Cowboys, Chargers, Colts, Giants, Patriots) These teams are an injured starting QB away from not making playoffs. Hell they can bring in Brett to save the day if Rodgers gets hurt. I don't like it. But this may be the end result.

Or Aaron Rodgers drops back to pass, plants his leg wrong, and boom! Knee injury. Welcome home Brett. We all know Aaron Rodgers, it could happen. The guys made of twigs and kindling evidently.
Old 7/31/08, 03:09 PM
Cobra Member

Old 7/31/08, 03:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey TB... I keed, I keed.....

Old 7/31/08, 03:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I think that what will happen will be similar to the scenario Peter King of SI laid out. The Pack will keep Favre, even if they pay him to sit at home. The first injury to a starting QB on a playoff team with a questionable backup and the Pack finally have the big value trade they need from a team in desperate need of QB. (Can you say Cowboys, Chargers, Colts, Giants, Patriots) These teams are an injured starting QB away from not making playoffs. Hell they can bring in Brett to save the day if Rodgers gets hurt. I don't like it. But this may be the end result.

Or Aaron Rodgers drops back to pass, plants his leg wrong, and boom! Knee injury. Welcome home Brett. We all know Aaron Rodgers, it could happen. The guys made of twigs and kindling evidently.
I'd like to make this comaprison....
Rodgers (left) Favre (right)

Non movie guys this is from the movie "Unbreakable". Why the Packers chose Mr. Glass is beyond me.
Old 7/31/08, 03:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
I love the "untz"

I just read that Gb is willing to pay Favre 20 mil to stay retired If he can still play use him! If not grant him his release! That the least GB can do after all the great years, the SB, Playoffs, ect
Old 7/31/08, 04:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I'd like to make this comaprison....
Rodgers (left) Favre (right)

Non movie guys this is from the movie "Unbreakable". Why the Packers chose Mr. Glass is beyond me.
I still haven't seen that movie beyond, "everyone died on the train but you" scene for some reason
Originally Posted by USMC0341
I love the "untz"

I just read that Gb is willing to pay Favre 20 mil to stay retired If he can still play use him! If not grant him his release! That the least GB can do after all the great years, the SB, Playoffs, ect
+10
absolutely.
Old 7/31/08, 05:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu

Too late. Orders have already been given to Chris to choke you out, break Luis' arm, and Muay Thai Leo's ***.
George I'm giving a break because he at least likes some techno. Gary.. well, he's out of state (lucky for him).

Tom2 already stated that off topic conversations are to be limited to booze and chicks, not lame azz football talk.
Want to talk gay Favre stuff? Go here.

Oh yeah, almost forgot..

Old 7/31/08, 06:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Too late. Orders have already been given to Chris to choke you out, break Luis' arm, and Muay Thai Leo's ***.
George I'm giving a break because he at least likes some techno. Gary.. well, he's out of state (lucky for him).

Tom2 already stated that off topic conversations are to be limited to booze and chicks, not lame azz football talk.
Want to talk gay Favre stuff? Go here.

Oh yeah, almost forgot..
I think less of you everytime you post that animated gif.

Couple of other pics I found that were too funny not to post.

BTW-Line lock kit arrived. Everthing looks set for install tomorrow. I'll make sure to make a vid when I test the line locks.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 7/31/08 at 06:11 PM.
Old 7/31/08, 06:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

One more.

Old 7/31/08, 06:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
OK, Kazuya....... maybe.

Grizzly Adams......... yes.

Old 7/31/08, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Oh and by the way, Eric Estrada kicks *** and techno sucks.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)