General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/08, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Finally!

More 'mainstream' techno that people may like (that didn't know it was techno)..

Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go

Prodigy - Smack My B*tch Up
so.... Is Kraftwerk next for the Taco...

Boing, ping, boomtchak....repeat(x100)

Bet they drive Jetta's

On topic... I'd be interested to hear the outcome of the brake deal. I'm closing in on 25K and I wonder if I should inspect the calipers/pads to see that I don't have that same problem.

Sal, I doubt we've got valves they way you think we do. Isn't there a proportioning block on cars that divides the power front to back rather than an actual valve ?

Last edited by habu; 7/24/08 at 03:18 PM.
Old 7/24/08, 03:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
Bet they drive Jetta's
Uh oh.. now Leo's thown into the mix!

Brian, fess up.. we know you used to listed to Tour De France by Kraftwerk as well as some Flock of Seagulls.
Old 7/24/08, 03:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone's going under the bus!
Old 7/24/08, 03:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Uh oh.. now Leo's thown into the mix!

Brian, fess up.. we know you used to listed to Tour De France by Kraftwerk as well as some Flock of Seagulls.

no-no-no... Pocket Calculator.....
Haircut 101, Orcheastral Manoeveurs in the Dark and New Order

Actually my friend Walt knows or knew the Kraftwerk guys. One of their early trips out to CA straight from Germany, Walt's parents were German, and Walt took them around So Cal showed them around.

Now if you ever need some killer Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, Black Crowes, Gov't Mule , Led Zeppelin, Derek Trucks Band, moe., Tom Petty, Widepsread Panic, North Mississippi Allstars, Southern Culture on the Skids or Primus live concerts I can hook you up !
Old 7/24/08, 03:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey now it's not like the Jetta's mine. I drive the Stang and the wife drive's the Jetta. It's not like I traded the Stang in for a Jetta. Will I end up driving it on a occasion? Sure. Might not be a masculine car but it's no Miata or Mini Cooper. George.
Old 7/24/08, 03:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Primus kicks ***........
Old 7/24/08, 04:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Hey now it's not like the Jetta's mine. I drive the Stang and the wife drive's the Jetta. It's not like I traded the Stang in for a Jetta. Will I end up driving it on a occasion? Sure. Might not be a masculine car but it's no Miata or Mini Cooper. George.

This coming from a guy who doesnt even know how to drive a stick:gay:

Turn in your man card!

Old 7/24/08, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by tom281
Primus sucks........
fixed it for you....
Old 7/24/08, 04:30 PM

Now if you ever need some killer Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, Black Crowes, Gov't Mule , Led Zeppelin, Derek Trucks Band, moe., Tom Petty, Widepsread Panic, North Mississippi Allstars, Southern Culture on the Skids or Primus live concerts I can hook you up !
Some of Tom Petty is okay.. the rest is music.

did I just say that?

Originally Posted by USMC0341

Turn in your man card!

Once again...

Leo just got !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7/24/08, 04:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

On topic... I'd be interested to hear the outcome of the brake deal. I'm closing in on 25K and I wonder if I should inspect the calipers/pads to see that I don't have that same problem.

Sal, I doubt we've got valves they way you think we do. Isn't there a proportioning block on cars that divides the power front to back rather than an actual valve ?

Last I knew (and this is dated Intel) there were proportioning blocks (for lack of a better term) that divided power front/rear that would occasionally go off center and send all the pressure to one end or the other....usually triggering a warning light, but not always. What we have in our cars I don't know....guess I'll have to investigate. But I definitely have more front brake than I'd prefer. Normally I would just reach up to the dash, grab the bias **** and dial in more rear brake, but alas, the Ills of production cars. I may have to install a manual limiting valve to reduce pressure to the fronts, but first I'd like to know if there is a problem more easily reconcilable before I start hacking into the system. The story of "Too much Rear Brake" further exemplifies my query....is there a problem with these brakes?
Old 7/24/08, 04:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

hey I drove a GTi for seven years, granted it was the v6 GTi and a stick, still just bustin yer ***** dude
Old 7/24/08, 04:51 PM

Now for the $$$ news...

Just called up Danny for an update, figuring the sqeaky wheel gets the oil.

Yes, my take-off head is back.. as well as my RH good head. Huh?

He explained that he sent both heads to the machine shop for a complete inspection, valve job, spring check, decklid resurface, yada.. yada.. yada......... at the tune of $780.
He mentioned that it was needed to be on the safe side to eliminate any head problems on a new shortblock. Now, I appreciate the concern for my motor, but I ain't friggin made of greenbacks.

I don't know what this job normally runs in labor, maybe it's on par, but I was like !!

As far as I know, the parts I still need are gaskets, ARP headstuds, oil pump, windage tray, and misc oil & fluids. Extras are obviously shorties and clutch.

I'm to stop by the shop tomorrow to check everything out and to make another progress payment... yeah, sounds like the shop can't front the costs.

I have to re-evaluate what's needed and what's luxury tomorrow. I'm **** near at the budget ceiling with $2500 motor/SC removal & install and $750 for the longblock build up.

I just hope the $1500 I already gave ordered at least a couple of the parts.

Let me make a prediction here in POTR.. the $$$$ is going to get ridiculous in getting this car back on the road... but at this juncture, I have little options.
Old 7/24/08, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I came to the body shop today. I took a few pics of street scene cars with me. To my surprise the idiot/owner of the body shop attach the side skirts on the wrong side. Right was put on the left. No wonder nothing fit and he drill bunch of crap and caulk to keep it to stay. Idiot also trim my door molding and now im screw as there is a big gap between the door and side skirts. Would street scene have replacement door molding for sell? When I came this morning the Idiot try to blend my fenders and that ruined my original paint on the fenders. Also, he attached all the part without even fitting and preping. There are big gaps everywhere. This idiot has no clue what he was doing.

I will try to take pics when I have time.

I was so **** that we finally agree to settle this for $700. Now im short $700 and I have to go to another bodyshop to do this all over. Can anyone recommend be a shop in Anaheim, brea, Area?

also, my sister recommend me to take him to a small claims court.

This shop is located in anaheim CA, A & John Paint & body.
Old 7/24/08, 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Let me make a prediction here in POTR.. the $$$$ is going to get ridiculous in getting this car back on the road... but at this juncture, I have little options.
There's only one thing that can fix a deal like this....

MORE COWBELL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSkRHXTKlw

Sucks this is going so bad for you Bill, we all feel you pain.

The offers still open for the go cart track......

And Buffguy.....man, I would be Livid after a deal like that....

I **** near throttled the manager at a carwash who scratched the stripes on my hood, admitted it, then denied it.

....you just don't mess with a mans Mustang.

Last edited by fabman; 7/24/08 at 05:21 PM.
Old 7/24/08, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fabman
I'd be interested to know what they find with your brakes....
As soon as I hear I will post an update
Old 7/24/08, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Just called up Danny for an update, figuring the sqeaky wheel gets the oil.

Yes, my take-off head is back.. as well as my RH good head. Huh?

He explained that he sent both heads to the machine shop for a complete inspection, valve job, spring check, decklid resurface, yada.. yada.. yada......... at the tune of $780.
He mentioned that it was needed to be on the safe side to eliminate any head problems on a new shortblock. Now, I appreciate the concern for my motor, but I ain't friggin made of greenbacks.

I don't know what this job normally runs in labor, maybe it's on par, but I was like !!

As far as I know, the parts I still need are gaskets, ARP headstuds, oil pump, windage tray, and misc oil & fluids. Extras are obviously shorties and clutch.

I'm to stop by the shop tomorrow to check everything out and to make another progress payment... yeah, sounds like the shop can't front the costs.

I have to re-evaluate what's needed and what's luxury tomorrow. I'm **** near at the budget ceiling with $2500 motor/SC removal & install and $750 for the longblock build up.

I just hope the $1500 I already gave ordered at least a couple of the parts.

Hey shouldn't they clear additional cost with you before moving on? This is why after I found an awesome shop I never go anywhere else because I learned my lesson.
Old 7/24/08, 05:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341

Turn in your man card!

:nice :

Good hole shot on that one George "Man Card" too funny
Old 7/24/08, 05:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Uh Bill, that sucks....... but I guess at least it's coming along.
Old 7/24/08, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by buffguy
This shop is located in anaheim CA, A & John Paint & body.
That sux Richard.. really, I can relate.

Originally Posted by fabman
There's only one thing that can fix a deal like this....

MORE COWBELL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSkRHXTKlw
Totally random, but I enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by kanicas
Hey shouldn't they clear additional cost with you before moving on? This is why after I found an awesome shop I never go anywhere else because I learned my lesson.
In that case, yes he should have. And not to give kudos for what he did, but I'm sure I would've went along with his logic. Still, I understand ur point.

I selected this shop because of the care and meticulous work they provide. I'm fully aware that other shops may have charged less, but it was my choice to go to this one, and it's local.

Believe me Monica, once all is said and done, this shop will get the official TacoBill or .

Originally Posted by tom281
Uh Bill, that sucks....... but I guess at least it's coming along.
That's the only thing that keeps me going... and you guys too.
Old 7/24/08, 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Totally random, but I enjoyed it!

Good...was meant to put a smile on your face....

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)