General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/08, 10:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangMahn
gm transmissions suck, a friend of mine has had to have 3 trannys put in his 2500

wasnt the split window 63?
hey I'm a Ford guy, I was close.

Then again if I had to choose I'd really rather have a 63-1/2 Galaxie 500 with a 427, but that's just me.

Don't get me started on GM transmissions. We had a Blazer and a Truck, 1500??, and a Bonneville all had horrible, horrible transmissions.

Ray Thanks !!! I still have some left but not much. We have a package of ribs, 3 racks, that we'll have to do shortly.

buffguy That'd be George. I lust after the nav but I think because of the extras, bluetooth & iPod, that aftermarket units have I'll likely go that route eventually.
Old 7/2/08, 11:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just go back from our SBMO meeting today Charlie had an incident with an Asian lady driving a Honda Accord. Looks like he got rear ended by this lady. After she ran into him she decided to run into three other cars

Got 1 of 2 packages today from JEG's My Moroso coolant tank is here. I think I may get this chromed, I need to talk to my plating guy. I know chrome or powder coat can add up to 5 thousands of an inch of material. I'm not sure if this will affect the cap threads. If not I down for chrome. I also want to remove the stamped Moroso logo, I hate logos

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 7/2/08 at 11:34 PM.
Old 7/2/08, 11:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Every Chevy I've ever owned has bit me in the ***, especially with transmissions. But the Vette is just so sexy, why can't milfs drive Vettes instead of baby boomer, pony tail, sock in their drawers, divorced doctors and lawyers dating their receptionists and nurses. Of course this does not apply to everyone of them, especially you George, but they are the majority.

Thanks

Originally Posted by buffguy
What do you guys think about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...3286.m14.l1318

I'm think about pulling the trigger on this. Looks like a good price compare to the $2000 one people are selling. And this one is pre program so you don't get any errors.
That is the guy I got mine from! he is a great guy to work with and I have had zero problems, A true plug n play mod!!!

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Just go back from our SBMO meeting today Charlie had an incident with an Asian lady driving a Honda Accord. Looks like he got rear ended by this lady. After she ran into him she decided to run into three other cars

Got 1 of 2 packages today from JEG's My Moroso coolant tank is here. I think I may get this chromed, I need to talk to my plating guy. I know chrome or powder coat can add up to 5 thousands of an inch of material. I'm not sure if this will affect the cap threads. If not I down for chrome. I also want to remove the stamped Moroso logo, I hate logos

Jed
Too bad about charlie, Buff them out, Bill's and Leo's look good!
Old 7/3/08, 12:10 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
kinda looks like that one is stamped into the metal, which would suck, bc youre going to have a tough time getting rid of the logo
Old 7/3/08, 12:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
kinda looks like that one is stamped into the metal, which would suck, bc youre going to have a tough time getting rid of the logo
Ya I know that stamp is deep but I won't have a hard time my plater will! Money does buy happiness

Jed
Old 7/3/08, 12:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Corvettes are nice and the newer ones are probably the only ones I'd even consider besides a 64 split window. Still its a Chevy and if I'm gonna drop that lump of $$$ into a car I'd get a M3.

Ahem.

So anyone else get the email from 281Motorsports. It's an event done by Shelby people, but you don't hafta have a $helby or Ford...

SoCal Team Shelby Weekend

Team Shelby members and friends. I have weaved together a weekend of events that we can use to meet, greet and have a good time. It evolves around mostly established events. Team Shelby membership not required. A Shelby or Ford car not required. Please come out and bring a couple of auto enthusiast friends with you.

Saturday July 26th
5:45-6:15am Pre-grid for Cars & Coffee, Irvine
-location to be determined but will be within 10 minutes of C&C so we can gather and go in as a group.

6:30-9:00am Cars & Coffee, Irvine 7905 Gateway Blvd, Irvine
http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

9:15-10:00am Pre-grid for "Road Rally"
-location TBD, close to Cars & Coffee so we can regroup as needed and late risers can join us.

10:00-12:30 "Road Rally." A little bit of beach, a little bit of canyon, a lot of sun. Tops down if you got them.

12:30-2:00pm LUNCH
-location TBD, will be a casual sit down at the end of Rally and close to John Force Racestation

2:00-2:30pm Pre-grid for John Force Cruise Night

3:00-7:00pm Cruise Night at John Force Race Station, 22722 Old Canyon Road, Yorba Linda
http://www.johnforceracing.com/index.html

Sunday July 27th
7:00am Open track event at California Speedway performed by Speedventures
http://www.speedventures.com/events/...il.aspx?id=176

Participation
All Team Shelby members and friends are welcome. Shelby or Ford car not required. Just bring a good attitude. Please mark the events on the poll which you are likely to attend.

Cost
The Saturday events except your coffee & lunch are free. The track fee for Sunday is $240 (plus options). Lunch and water is typically included by Speed Ventures. Also, there is a 10% future credit with a AAA membership.

Disclaimer
I have no part in the organization of Cars & Coffee, John Force Cruise, or the Speed Ventures Track event. These are all independent events.

Contact
Questions or comments can emailed to ShelbyPilot@hotmail.com

Granted it's All F'n day long on that Saturday, but it sounds like fun ??
Wow that's alot to do. I'd like to do the John Force thing.

Originally Posted by JedCranium

Jed
I bet Charlie sat there and pointed out all the mods she ruined. I wonder if he told her the V-Tec engine is a dinosaur.

Favre considering comeback.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 7/3/08 at 01:03 AM.
Old 7/3/08, 12:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Cam Covers Installed

I know I'd complained about flaking and some weird black spot but after thinking it over both defects are covered thanks to their locations. The flaking (very minor) is in the first pic. Good thing is that's covered up by the intake. I had to hold the camera under the intake to get that pic. The black spot you see is covered by the battery tray and one of the Shakers hoses. So with out further ado here's the pics.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 7/3/08 at 01:03 AM.
Old 7/3/08, 01:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341
If you remove the creepy old snooty owners and get over the fact that it had a bowtie on it, it still is a fantastic car, and i still see one in my future.
My roomate in Hawaii has a new vette......very nice car for sure, and fast....but it would just tick him off when we would drive my car and I'd get "HEY-NICE CAR!" and waves and thumbs up from passers by and when we drove his vette no one even noticed it......

He said he could buy 3 mustangs for what his vette cost but my car got all the attention....HA!

Hard to beat that classic muscle car look I guess.....
Old 7/3/08, 02:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice stuff
Old 7/3/08, 02:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Was this painted or powder coated ?
Old 7/3/08, 07:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Looks good Leo.

Ed, he had them powdercoated.

My day at Venice Beach yesterday..

.. then off to Counter Burger for lunch!

Old 7/3/08, 08:17 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
My wife gave me permission to get NFL Sunday Ticket Superfan when she heard this news, thank you Brett, now I can get more football!
Old 7/3/08, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

[quote=USMC0341;5593823]Thanks

That is the guy I got mine from! he is a great guy to work with and I have had zero problems, A true plug n play mod!!!

George, did your nav get any error codes or problems after you installed it?

Last edited by buffguy; 7/3/08 at 08:56 AM.
Old 7/3/08, 08:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by habu
hey I'm a Ford guy, I was close.

Then again if I had to choose I'd really rather have a 63-1/2 Galaxie 500 with a 427, but that's just me.

Don't get me started on GM transmissions. We had a Blazer and a Truck, 1500??, and a Bonneville all had horrible, horrible transmissions.

Ray Thanks !!! I still have some left but not much. We have a package of ribs, 3 racks, that we'll have to do shortly.

buffguy That'd be George. I lust after the nav but I think because of the extras, bluetooth & iPod, that aftermarket units have I'll likely go that route eventually.

The factory nav works with Ipods. It just doesn't have bluetooth, bummer since the new california law.
Old 7/3/08, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

I had someone mention to me that the mustang's navigation is located very low and hard to see.

Compare to the acura's navigation, Acura's nav are very high. I think it may be dangerous to use the mustang's nav because it is so low.

Old 7/3/08, 09:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The factory nav works with Ipods. It just doesn't have bluetooth, bummer since the new california law.
well yeah kinda, in the same way my Shaker 1000 works, through the Aux jack. I want, and I know I'm being picky here, on screen or hands-off iPod functionality. Also being or keeping the iPod charged is good too.

I've tried the Brand-Motion one and have seen the ICE ?? one and I'm not entirely impressed. I am leaning more and more over to the AVIC one, especially the N4 ? on-Screen iPod, Bluetooth... etc....

If it's too low.. George or Luis (factory installed) would have to answer, I've never actually used it in car.

KdF I saw you lurking earlier, drop a line and say hey.. did we scare you off ?
Old 7/3/08, 09:45 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
looks like some fun bill

hey fellas, I think I just landed a job, it's not all that interesting, but i'll have a fantastic place to do photoshoots now
Old 7/3/08, 10:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo...Cam covers look great

Bill....Cool pics, looked like a fun day

George, did your nav get any error codes or problems after you installed it?
No problems or error codes

I had someone mention to me that the mustang's navigation is located very low and hard to see.

Compare to the acura's navigation, Acura's nav are very high. I think it may be dangerous to use the mustang's nav because it is so low.
well you dont have to look at it, it has turn by turn voice commands that goes thru the speakers.

here's some pics of the install...

Old 7/3/08, 10:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by fabman
My roomate in Hawaii has a new vette......very nice car for sure, and fast....but it would just tick him off when we would drive my car and I'd get "HEY-NICE CAR!" and waves and thumbs up from passers by and when we drove his vette no one even noticed it......

He said he could buy 3 mustangs for what his vette cost but my car got all the attention....HA!

Hard to beat that classic muscle car look I guess.....
I totally agree with you Sal, My vette was invisible compared to the PJ. The one thing that I hate about the PJ is somebody set the ***** magnet to repel instead of attract! Must have been the wife
Old 7/3/08, 10:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341
I totally agree with you Sal, My vette was invisible compared to the PJ. The one thing that I hate about the PJ is somebody set the ***** magnet to repel instead of attract! Must have been the wife
D'ho!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)