General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/08, 01:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SuperAFick
Can't wait for the next gathering. Hopefully I'll have something new to show off other than my crappy stripe job.
It's not crappy, it's just not manly!

Old 6/30/08, 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperAFick

Can't wait for the next gathering. Hopefully I'll have something new to show off other than my crappy stripe job.
It's not crappy....it's beautiful.

Like we ourselves, our cars aren't perfect....it's those subtle differences that makes each of us unique. When I see a car that someone lovingly cares for, I see a piece of art....every one of them is beautiful in it's own way, just like the rest of us. Don't worry as much about making it "perfect" as you do making it "yours" and it will always be beautiful.

-Sal
Old 6/30/08, 03:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill

Good deal Jed!

Going to have them plated or hand polish them?

I think I will polish them for maximun bingage! I may remove the Moroso stamp. buff it out.

Jed
Old 6/30/08, 03:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fabman
When I see a car that someone lovingly cares for, I see a piece of art....
.. and some of us just see a piece (as in POS).
Old 6/30/08, 03:05 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^lol
Old 6/30/08, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I may remove the Moroso stamp. buff it out.
You'll have to go DEEP to get that done.
Old 6/30/08, 03:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Here ya go David! I half the recipe when using the Martinelli 1/2 gallon jug.

Apple Pie Shooters

1 gallon good apple cider/juice
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 750ml Bacardi 151

Heat the apple cider, cinnamon, and sugar on the stove and bring to a boil. Let the mixture cool to just above room temperature then add the fifth of 151 and stir will. You can make it a bit more potent by only adding a half gallon of apple cider.

Refrigerate. Serve chilled.

Another idea instead of a shot…
Mix in blender with some ice and made an "Apple Pie Smoothie".

+1 Brian!

Luis, I forgot to bring you the oil filter wrench! Sorry man.

Good deal Jed!

Going to have them plated or hand polish them?

Good job Ray! Glad you installed the rotors in the correct rotational direction.

I got the silver painted hubs.

All info can be found here.. RotorPros Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors Install
You'll have to go DEEP to get that done.
Maybe CNC "ROUSH" there hummmmmmm

Jed
Old 6/30/08, 03:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Now-now.....we all have different tastes....thats what makes the world go round, and each car a reflection of it's owners personal style. Who's to say any are better or worse than any others....? I see first the love that goes into the car, whether or not it reflects my own personal taste. I mean Bill.....as hard as it may be to believe, somewhere, someone thinks a shiny Red Mustang is a POS now matter how much you mod it up....they call them "Corvette Owners".

Heh-heh....
Old 6/30/08, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

I think Leo subconsciously wants a stick.
He doesn't know how to drive a man's car though. The car is cool. I love the wheels Either way is win win. Black or white. Do what makes you happy

Now-now.....we all have different tastes....thats what makes the world go round, and each car a reflection of it's owners personal style. Who's to say any are better or worse than any others....? I see first the love that goes into the car, whether or not it reflects my own personal taste. I mean Bill.....as hard as it may be to believe, somewhere, someone thinks a shiny Red Mustang is a POS now matter how much you mod it up....they call them "Corvette Owners".

Heh-heh....
Old 6/30/08, 04:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
....they call them "Corvette Owners".

Heh-heh....
Hey!....

Old 6/30/08, 05:49 PM

I mean Bill.....as hard as it may be to believe, somewhere, someone thinks a shiny Red Mustang is a POS now matter how much you mod it up....they call them "Corvette Owners".
I know what you mean Sal, I'm just playin'.

However, some modded cars I've seen almost made my eyes bleed.

Believe me, I think my shiny Torch Red is a POS beeotch at the moment. I see and feel the money being poured into her, but get nothing in return.
Old 6/30/08, 05:56 PM
GTR Member

Hey... I paid my renewal fee (automatically) and I lost my italicized name... my C/T... and my private message amount dropped drastically.

Last edited by 89Trooper; 6/30/08 at 07:39 PM.
Old 6/30/08, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Jed-Go for it the moroso tanks do look a bit more factory.

Saleen car talk: After George told me about the Sleeper Saleen I'm more interested in that. George can you get a price on that for me or tell me where to find more info.

Picked up the camcovers today....There's these wierd light gray smoke looking blotches on some areas. They're real small and the good thing is there all deep inside the groves where the COP's will sit. The dude said he'd reshoot them again but I said F it. Don't think it's noticeable enough to warrant repowdercoating them. Other than that though they look amazing. Not a true chrome obviously, but more like the polished bullts. Sorry no pics I'm feeling lazy. I'll probably install them on the 3rd since I have the day off. I'll post pics then.

Still waiting on the ebrake boot....
Old 6/30/08, 06:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Leo for me it would make a difference if either one did or did not have a forged motor. Whichever had the forged I'd go with that. IMO, the 420s seems a bit better because you do get at least the suspension and a few other goodies. Including a front-sway bar . On the other hand the sleeper would be good because you could configure the car your way.

Ashley It was great to have you at the party. I wouldn't worry about your car or your stripes. Take pride in your car and you'll be in like flynn... just have to put up with the testosterone overload

well for my 2,000th post I wish I had something momentous to say or add or some really awesome news.
Old 6/30/08, 06:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Congrats on 2,000 Brian. Looks like ya'll had some good times there in Cali this weekend.
Old 6/30/08, 09:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Saleen car talk: After George told me about the Sleeper Saleen I'm more interested in that. George can you get a price on that for me or tell me where to find more info.....
I asked around so when I get any info I let you know.

I did get this email from saleen inc.

Saleen, Inc. invites you to join us in Myrtle Beach, SC during Mustang Week July 22nd - 26th !
We are debuting our new "RaceCraft" brand and would like to provide you the opportunity for demo rides and on the spot interviews with our management team. RaceCraft is currently available at select Saleen and Ford dealerships with an MSRP price of $38,995 base model.
RaceCraft provides 420 horsepower with 400 lb/ft of torque - offering a stealth look but powerful feel! We are enthusiastic to introduce this product to you at such an comprehensive and exciting event!
Our reveal will be held on Saturday, July 26th, at Colonial Mall , 10177 North Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach, SC, at 4pm . Please join us for this event and Power Your Senses !!!!

For a demo ride, please RSVP by PMing us with your name and cell phone number and they'll try to get you on the list.
Too bad that it's on the east coast.

Originally Posted by habu
Leo for me it would make a difference if either one did or did not have a forged motor. Whichever had the forged I'd go with that. IMO, the 420s seems a bit better because you do get at least the suspension and a few other goodies. Including a front-sway bar . On the other hand the sleeper would be good because you could configure the car your way.
Both models do not come with forged motors, Congrats on hitting 2K
Old 6/30/08, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Congrats on 2,000 Brian. Looks like ya'll had some good times there in Cali this weekend.
Thanks! It was fun. We ought to make it a yearly thing as part of summer

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Both models do not come with forged motors, Congrats on hitting 2K
Really ?? The 420 hp version I would believe, but the 475 sure should. I am surprised that it doesn't. Wonder if you could get that as an 'option' ? But then it's got a warranty..... things that make you go hmmmmm..
Old 6/30/08, 09:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Really ?? The 420 hp version I would believe, but the 475 sure should. I am surprised that it doesn't. Wonder if you could get that as an 'option' ? But then it's got a warranty..... things that make you go hmmmmm..
The only models that come with forged motors are the heritage 302 n/a and s/c and the s302 extreme. the rest of the s/c saleen's run a stock bottom end.
Old 7/1/08, 01:09 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
wow, the debut's in myrtle beach! yay, finally something cool happening near me, Im going to the show that day, I'll try to take some pics
Old 7/1/08, 01:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for dinner tonight Brian!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)