General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/08, 08:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the problems we encounter day to day dont even compair to the worst life can throw at us. May God be with Kyle and the other family who were affected by this. Its a sad day...

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Sorry to hear about all your troubles Jon, good luck getting it fixed. On a brighter note our exit is finally fixed
Finally indeed. I work at the Sears in Sarasota and it was an hour trip vs 30min under normal conditions. Speaking of which if your looking for any good deals on lawn and garden/tools stuff let me know. I'm the manager of that dept.
Old 6/23/08, 11:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Last night as I drove by a FORD dealer in Pasadena, CA. I saw a couple of G-orange Shelby GT's. The price tag listed 62K yike! For that you could get a ROUSH P-51 supercharged w/ forged internals. What is Shelby thinking with 29K markup? I wonder what the economy will due to the value of these cars as sales come to a standstill on performance rides.

Jed
Old 6/23/08, 11:37 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^idk, thats super crazy

thanks for the eloquent post jed
Old 6/23/08, 11:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Last night as I drove by a FORD dealer in Pasadena, CA. I saw a couple of G-orange Shelby GT's. The price tag listed 62K yike! For that you could get a ROUSH P-51 supercharged w/ forged internals. What is Shelby thinking with 29K markup? I wonder what the economy will due to the value of these cars as sales come to a standstill on performance rides.

Jed
was the markup ADM or the add on by Shelby ?? Everyone I've seen was an ADM. I cannot believe how Ford still allows this to happen. There are more cars that could have been sold if the dealer had 1/2 a brian (HA) rather than having it sit forever. Look at the PJs that Ken Grody destroyed by painting them black.....
Old 6/24/08, 01:06 AM
NTTAWWT

^haha
yeah, there's a stealership near here that has not 1 but 2 bullitts, because they want(ed) 20k ADM, idk what it is now, i havent bothered to go back by. If they sell one for that much more, they have truly proved that there is indeed a sucker born everyday
Old 6/24/08, 09:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Last week we went to Cars & Coffee and we saw a Super Snake. I was surprised to see that the air filter was located in the engine bay. Kenne Bell was really serious about having the intake filter outside of the engine bay to capture cold air. I don't know if the Super Snake hood solves that issue? Hummmmm

See Kenne Bell document attached.

Jed

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HotAirWARNING.pdf (71.6 KB, 213 views)

Last edited by JedCranium; 6/24/08 at 09:02 AM.
Old 6/24/08, 09:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Finally indeed. I work at the Sears in Sarasota and it was an hour trip vs 30min under normal conditions. Speaking of which if your looking for any good deals on lawn and garden/tools stuff let me know. I'm the manager of that dept.
That's cool, good to know! We have to hook up some time and check out each others rides!
Old 6/24/08, 09:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sure TacoBill will post today I think he's back from Vegas. What happens in Vegas get posted on TMS right? Bill what's the update on the stang .
No update on the stang. Did a fly-by at the shop yesterday afternoon, but they were closed.
I will call them later this morning, until then, I'm clueless on the status.

Ahh Vegas.. could have easily stayed another night. Weather of course was hot, but still had a great time.
At my hotel, they had a 2008 Torch Red GT that could be won on a 50 cent slot machine.. I was tempted to try and win it just so I could have a Mustang to drive around in.

Old 6/24/08, 10:37 AM
NTTAWWT

looks like a good time bill! That looks like a great coaster on that last shot. Almost as good as the one on top of the skyscraper
Old 6/24/08, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
looks like a good time bill! That looks like a great coaster on that last shot. Almost as good as the one on top of the skyscraper
It was!

The rollercoaster on top of the Stratosphere is no longer there, got replaced with a couple other rides (if you can believe that!).

Swanson called and told me they are 'in-process' and that the new motor is on the stand and looking good. I'm planning on stopping by there today for a visual update.
Old 6/24/08, 02:55 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
It was!

The rollercoaster on top of the Stratosphere is no longer there, got replaced with a couple other rides (if you can believe that!).
The Big Shot, X-Scream, and Insanity were there in addition to the rollercoaster when I was there last.

Looks like they just tore down the rollercoaster. Unless they added even more than the 3 listed above... Bill?
Old 6/24/08, 03:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Swanson called and told me they are 'in-process' and that the new motor is on the stand and looking good. I'm planning on stopping by there today for a visual update.
Welcome back buddy! Great pics, looks like it was a blast! congrats on the progress!

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
The Big Shot, X-Scream, and Insanity were there in addition to the rollercoaster when I was there last.

Looks like they just tore down the rollercoaster. Unless they added even more than the 3 listed above... Bill?
How would you like to work on that Tom? I wasn't too comfortable when I was at the top of the Maliboomer in DCA, I cant imagine working on the crap a 1000 ft up in the air
Old 6/24/08, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I think that's about it on the Stratosphere. I rode on the Big Shot and X-Scream before, but not that swing ride over the ledge.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Welcome back buddy! Great pics, looks like it was a blast! congrats on the progress!
Thanks George!
I can see that it'll be more fun in November (SEMA) with the fellas since I won't have to worry about the girls (especially the older one) who was getting hit on every 20 feet.

Things are happening over at Swansons.. finally.
As I suspected, he was waiting for his mechanic to come back from his awol status, but it's not looking good for his return. So, Danny finally put the wrench to my car and started it himself.

Stock busted motor should be out of my car this week.

New shortblock appears to be perfect along with the piston coatings.

No completion date given as it totally depends on the condition of the heads. Was told that once pulled, and it looks perfect and undamaged, it'll be my call as to whether it gets sent out for dissasembly and inspection. Otherwise, it'll go straight on my new shortblock. This will save me $$$ if I skip the machine shop. I will make this call when the time comes along with Danny's professional opinion.

What I saw today...

Old 6/24/08, 05:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
No offense meant Bill but I laugh every time I see your car and the parts from it....... they're all so dang clean, man you need to drive that thing.
Old 6/24/08, 05:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I think that's about it on the Stratosphere. I rode on the Big Shot and X-Scream before, but not that swing ride over the ledge.

Thanks George!
I can see that it'll be more fun in November (SEMA) with the fellas since I won't have to worry about the girls (especially the older one) who was getting hit on every 20 feet.

Things are happening over at Swansons.. finally.
As I suspected, he was waiting for his mechanic to come back from his awol status, but it's not looking good for his return. So, Danny finally put the wrench to my car and started it himself.

Stock busted motor should be out of my car this week.

New shortblock appears to be perfect along with the piston coatings.

No completion date given as it totally depends on the condition of the heads. Was told that once pulled, and it looks perfect and undamaged, it'll be my call as to whether it gets sent out for dissasembly and inspection. Otherwise, it'll go straight on my new shortblock. This will save me $$$ if I skip the machine shop. I will make this call when the time comes along with Danny's professional opinion.

What I saw today...

Good progress! Actually I though he would have had more done then that for having you ride for two weeks but hell it's a start. So typical of shops they put your stuff on boxes in the shop. I wish they would be more considerate. I hope your heads are okay I'm really being optimistic that they are though. When a piston shatters I can't imagine that crap not getting traped in a valve seat. I'm praying for you dude don't get me wrong.

Jed
Old 6/24/08, 05:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not great progress but better than what we expected when we talked over the phone.
Old 6/24/08, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Not great progress but better than what we expected when we talked over the phone.
Amen to that! I was really only expecting the radiator fluid to be drained.
Old 6/24/08, 05:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Amen to that! I was really only expecting the radiator fluid to be drained.
Sheeee...Now that's funny! LOL + I farted Is it 5:00 p.m. yet I want to go home

Jed
Old 6/24/08, 06:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Not great progress ...
+1
But at least it's progress. I am really glad work is finally progressing. You'll be up and shredding those skinny azzed tires you got on that thing in no time
Old 6/24/08, 07:26 PM

LOL + I farted

Originally Posted by habu
You'll be up and shredding those skinny azzed tires you got on that thing in no time
Hellz yeah! I'd rather be shreddin' on skinnies rather than riding shotgun!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)