Search this Thread

Old 6/20/08, 03:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bring it I still have to see the turn signals
Old 6/20/08, 08:00 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well gentlemen I finally had a changce to pull the Hurst shifter and put in the new MGW. All I can say is this is one expertly engineered product and fully deserving of all its praise. The Hurst is stamped crap compared to the MGW. The crackle finish on the Hurst was flaking off on the underside and it had a problem with the slop in the bearing where I could pull up on the shifter arm and ****. Not with the MGW though. Beautiful 1-2-3-4 shifts. You can make 'em quick and I don't think I could ever miss a shift now. I know there have been threads in the post where guys would ask which shifter to get and some would say MGW and others would say Hurst, and then the melee would commence. I was wrong for ever doubting the MGW, I don't know why anyone would get anything else. Thanks for recommending it ya'll.
Old 6/20/08, 08:07 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
This weekend will be for Rotorpros install and Hawk pads. I'm also installing the Steeda Billet LCA's finally and the BMR relo brackets. I was rather happy last night that I was able to pull the old shifter and put in the new last night in about 1 1/2 hours. I'm getting faster gentlemen. The hardest thing is the Texas heat. I have to leave the garage door closed at night because of all the bugs, but it makes it really hot in there even with 2 fans. Have a good weekend ya'll, my vacation starts at 5:00.

Thanks in advance Bill for the how-to-list. And thanks Leo because I'll be using ya'lls install on my LCA's and relo, and of course Bills on the LCA's and Rotorpros. Hoist a beer for me at about 8:00pm your time cause I'll probably be about finished by then. Again Bill mucho gracias!

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 6/20/08 at 08:09 AM.
Old 6/20/08, 08:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
As usual nice pics Jed.

Just ordered one of these. Can't wait for it to arrive. Finally covering up that fugly ebrake handle.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=449838

Found these rims on AmericanMuscle.com. If they came in 18's I'd seriously consider switching these.

Are you going for a 10 inch wheel?

Jed
Old 6/20/08, 09:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well gentlemen I finally had a changce to pull the Hurst shifter and put in the new MGW. All I can say is this is one expertly engineered product and fully deserving of all its praise. The Hurst is stamped crap compared to the MGW. The crackle finish on the Hurst was flaking off on the underside and it had a problem with the slop in the bearing where I could pull up on the shifter arm and ****. Not with the MGW though. Beautiful 1-2-3-4 shifts. You can make 'em quick and I don't think I could ever miss a shift now. I know there have been threads in the post where guys would ask which shifter to get and some would say MGW and others would say Hurst, and then the melee would commence. I was wrong for ever doubting the MGW, I don't know why anyone would get anything else. Thanks for recommending it ya'll.
Great news. I know the people think that the guys that have installed the MGW are too rabid, but until to go from stock or Hurst to the MGW you can never quite describe just how much better the MGW really is. Congrats on the install.

Good luck on the LCAs, I've read that the Relos and LCAs fit is rather tight. Getting the 130 torque on all those bolts is a pain, but the end result will be well worth it !!! I'll do a 12oz curl in your honor ! Rotorpros are a good upgrade too and I think one that is being moved up on my list.

Leo, nice wheels, I'm kinda 50-50 on them though. I don't know if the spoke is too flat and looks like something you'd find on a 78 Monte Carlo somewhere in East LA. I'd have to see them in person.
Old 6/20/08, 10:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
This weekend will be for Rotorpros install and Hawk pads. I'm also installing the Steeda Billet LCA's finally and the BMR relo brackets. I was rather happy last night that I was able to pull the old shifter and put in the new last night in about 1 1/2 hours. I'm getting faster gentlemen. The hardest thing is the Texas heat. I have to leave the garage door closed at night because of all the bugs, but it makes it really hot in there even with 2 fans. Have a good weekend ya'll, my vacation starts at 5:00.

Thanks in advance Bill for the how-to-list. And thanks Leo because I'll be using ya'lls install on my LCA's and relo, and of course Bills on the LCA's and Rotorpros. Hoist a beer for me at about 8:00pm your time cause I'll probably be about finished by then. Again Bill mucho gracias!
Somebody's on a modding binge.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Are you going for a 10 inch wheel?

Jed
If and when I ever switch rims yes I'd like to go with a 10" rim out back and a 9" up front.

Originally Posted by habu
Great news. I know the people think that the guys that have installed the MGW are too rabid, but until to go from stock or Hurst to the MGW you can never quite describe just how much better the MGW really is. Congrats on the install.

Good luck on the LCAs, I've read that the Relos and LCAs fit is rather tight. Getting the 130 torque on all those bolts is a pain, but the end result will be well worth it !!! I'll do a 12oz curl in your honor ! Rotorpros are a good upgrade too and I think one that is being moved up on my list.

Leo, nice wheels, I'm kinda 50-50 on them though. I don't know if the spoke is too flat and looks like something you'd find on a 78 Monte Carlo somewhere in East LA. I'd have to see them in person.
Another rim I was looking at was the wheel's you got but in black.
Old 6/20/08, 11:03 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Somebody's on a modding binge.

If and when I ever switch rims yes I'd like to go with a 10" rim out back and a 9" up front.

Another rim I was looking at was the wheel's you got but in black.
I think that black wheel would be cool! Come to the darkside my son! Before I plated my ROUSH wheels there wasn't many selections from ROUSH now they have black, a funky grey and chrome.

What do you think of this wheel? We saw it a SEMA I like the Black & Chrome combo the style not completely sold on.

Old 6/20/08, 11:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I think that black wheel would be cool! Come to the darkside my son! Before I plated my ROUSH wheels there wasn't many selections from ROUSH now they have black, a funky grey and chrome.

What do you think of this wheel? We saw it a SEMA I like the Black & Chrome combo the style not completely sold on.

This is just me but the quasi-multi piece wheel look with the bolts/allen/screws going around the perimeter of the wheel went out with baggy hammer-time pants, coke binges, Don Johnson white suits and Targa top 911s in the 90s

Just my .02
if it didn't have those they'd be ok
Old 6/20/08, 12:24 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
wheels look great ray

it's about time for yours to be back jed, that looks sick nasty
Old 6/20/08, 12:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

This is just me but the quasi-multi piece wheel look with the bolts/allen/screws going around the perimeter of the wheel went out with baggy hammer-time pants, coke binges, Don Johnson white suits and Targa top 911s in the 90s

Just my .02
+1
Old 6/20/08, 10:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

what... did everyone but Leo get offended by my hammer-time comparison ??

Interesting story....

You know what, nevermind. At least nevermind right now. Let me get the pics up, then you get the interesting story..... OK maybe not interesting at least amusing story.
Old 6/21/08, 04:22 AM
Cobra Member

what... did everyone but Leo get offended by my hammer-time comparison ??
Not part of my era
Old 6/21/08, 09:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I don't remember the coke binges.....

Old 6/21/08, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey, a little off topic here, but I'm going to need to smog my '06 GT and I don't have the stock air box setup......does anyone in the vicinity of Mission Viejo have one I can borrow for a few days....?
Old 6/21/08, 10:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Mildly interesting....

Going to the bank yesterday and I pulled next to this... without the pic you wouldn't believe me.

afterwards off to my bank, pulling into the drive-thru I noticed that there was a ton of smoke from a car that was right next to the exit from the bank and onto Beach Blvd....

I left when I felt the water hitting me and I could really feel the heat. Of course now my car smells like burnt plastic
Old 6/21/08, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by fabman
Hey, a little off topic here, but I'm going to need to smog my '06 GT and I don't have the stock air box setup......does anyone in the vicinity of Mission Viejo have one I can borrow for a few days....?
I got my car smoged with the K&N intake and the inspector had no problem with it.

Mildly interesting....

Going to the bank yesterday and I pulled next to this... without the pic you wouldn't believe me.

afterwards off to my bank, pulling into the drive-thru I noticed that there was a ton of smoke from a car that was right next to the exit from the bank and onto Beach Blvd....

I left when I felt the water hitting me and I could really feel the heat. Of course now my car smells like burnt plastic

Wow how do you drive up on both of thos situations within minutes.
Old 6/21/08, 12:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

I dunno man. Have to admit... Saw the ladder car and I had to speed up just to see what it was, then of course had to get a pic. The car fire was just bizarre... the guy in the last two pics was in the car trying to start it while it was ablaze ??? WTF. ??
Old 6/21/08, 12:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Just my .02
I didn't like the bolts on the perimeter look when it came out.
Maybe I was just too old to understand the look back then.
Wait, now I am even older.
Old 6/21/08, 01:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just got back from Car & Coffee, Ricky & Ronnies and Beams & Glass

Here are a few shots of the day, I'll upload 300 more later! Dang it's HOT!

Jed

Ah we arrive: George, Jed, Steve, Luis and Sal...

George and I, two knuckle heads on the 405 North frwy...

A shot from Beam's & Glass...

Old 6/21/08, 01:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by fabman
I'm not in MV but I have my airbox and you can use as long as you need it. Maybe we could meet tomorrow. PM or email me habu281@gmail.com

Last edited by habu; 6/21/08 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)