Old 6/13/08, 10:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
There was a game tonight ??
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
What are the lakers?

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Do I dare to stop by my shop this afternoon to see how my Stang is doing?

Or will doing so just make me mad?

Tell Danny to get off his fat *** and get to work
Old 6/13/08, 10:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno. I'm kinda on the fence here. One part says give him an uninterrupted week and if he hasn't got any further then you have every right to read him the riot act, the other curious part couldn't keep away to find out how it's going, knowing how dissapointed I would be it it wasn't up to where I thought it should be .

Why is it that customer service, courtesy and just a simple sign of respect is absolutely absent with these shops. Any other industry and none of these guys would have customers at all.

All you'd have to do is build a foundation, a simple one, that focuses on the customer treat them the way you'd want to be treated. Return calls, give updates, be accurate as best as you can, be honest about your work load.... what's that... one person at best one FTE ? Then build the shop around that and the actual work. If you knew your stuff people would FLOCK to your shop. my .02 for the day </soapbox>
Old 6/13/08, 10:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
There was a game tonight ??
Yes however it was incomplete- it should have came with instructions for the Heimlick manuever as there was a lot of CHOKING happening.

Do I dare to stop by my shop this afternoon to see how my Stang is doing?

Or will doing so just make me mad?
Don't do it- you're just torturing yourself.
Old 6/13/08, 11:00 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Bill will probably do it, if nothing more than just to see the TR. Brian I agree with you 100%, which is why I take it to one mechanic, by far the best I know. Anytime I have to go anywhere else, I try to stay around the car, if its just a small thing.
Old 6/13/08, 11:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Why is it that customer service, courtesy and just a simple sign of respect is absolutely absent with these shops. Any other industry and none of these guys would have customers at all.

All you'd have to do is build a foundation, a simple one, that focuses on the customer treat them the way you'd want to be treated. Return calls, give updates, be accurate as best as you can, be honest about your work load.... what's that... one person at best one FTE ? Then build the shop around that and the actual work. If you knew your stuff people would FLOCK to your shop. my .02 for the day </soapbox>

This my friend is why I moved away from Hawaii.
Unfortunatley, the concept of customer service is a foriegn one in the vast majority of buisnesses on Maui.
Old 6/13/08, 02:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fabman
This my friend is why I moved away from Hawaii.
Unfortunatley, the concept of customer service is a foriegn one in the vast majority of buisnesses on Maui.
That's cuz you ain't kamaaina!

Really, you moved for nothing, Brian is referring to business practices here in the mainland.

With that said, I'll skip on the shop visit today, I want to have a nice weekend.
Old 6/13/08, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That's cuz you ain't kamaaina!

Really, you moved for nothing, Brian is referring to business practices here in the mainland.

With that said, I'll skip on the shop visit today, I want to have a nice weekend.
I was kamaaina....but just didn't fit the pace there. I understood that Brian was talking about the mainland (or MADLand as the locals call it) and was just empithising with the sentiment. It can be VERY frustrating when our priorities don't line up with the people around us. Guess thats why we don't all live in one place.....
Old 6/13/08, 03:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well I've never visited the islands but you're not the only person that has echoed the sentiment. Coming from a strong customer service background I find that I typically shop for customer service before price. The company that has their **** together enough to have decent customer service is usually as well organized throughout the company. Even if you have to pay a bit more, it's usually worth it.

Bill, I don't blame you, but don't let it get you down too much. Once you're running this will not seem so bad. The smile on your face will erase these hard weeks. Or the beer killed those brain cells, one of the two
Old 6/13/08, 03:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well I've never visited the islands but you're not the only person that has echoed the sentiment.

I don't mean to disparage the people there, just that being on an Island with little or no competition tends to detract from the competitive spirit. It's a positively beautiful place, and I met plenty of wonderful people who love it there....it was just a little too slow a pace for me personally.
Old 6/13/08, 05:50 PM

Once you're running this will not seem so bad. The smile on your face will erase these hard weeks. Or the beer killed those brain cells, one of the two
I know what you mean Brian, and thanks. But man, it's hard not to loose it. To put in perspective on how long it's been without my ride, it was out before the day we installed the D-Specs on Leo's and Luis' rides! (that's the laughter of insanity!)

Someone mention beer?

Originally Posted by fabman
It's a positively beautiful place, and I met plenty of wonderful people who love it there....it was just a little too slow a pace for me personally.
The Big Island is my favorite. Outside of SoCal, it's my #2 place to live.
Old 6/13/08, 05:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
What are the lakers?
People from Lakeland.
Old 6/13/08, 05:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

You know what, I keep forgetting that it wasn't outta commission when it went BOOM but way before that too.

Still there is a light shining through the tunnel, a little dim, but it's there.

When you get it back it's gonna feel like it's a new car
(sorry couldn't resist)
Old 6/13/08, 05:59 PM

When you get it back it's gonna feel like it's a new car
(sorry couldn't resist)

It better!!!!!

And yeah, that teeny tiny little light is reminiscent of a duck's a$$.

Last edited by TacoBill; 6/13/08 at 06:04 PM.
Old 6/13/08, 06:01 PM

Saw a Saleen/Roush combo today. Rest of the car looked okay, but the tail looks a little wierd.

Thanks to Chris for snapping these pics while the Taco was in motion.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0515.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0516.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0518.jpg  
Old 6/13/08, 06:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's nice being able to post.. most of the people in my dept are gone and have been since 2..... I'm getting "alot" of work done

Gonna attempt to do the Prothanes tomorrow as well as claybar, polish and wax in prep for Sunday's show. Likely to do the front half of the car tonight....Gonna be a busy day tomorrow.
Old 6/13/08, 06:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Saw a Saleen/Roush combo today. Rest of the car looked okay, but the tail looks a little wierd.

Thanks to Chris for snapping these pics while the Taco was in motion.
Just when I didn't think you could make the ***-end of a Saleen any uglier....
Surprised it didn't have Shelby/SVT/Cobra badges somewhere.

There is a Screaming Yellow convertable in the area here that has the GT500 front fascia and big rims. I seem to recall that the last time I passed it it was a V6

Oh yeah... does this count as a kill....

Coming off slowly from a light one of those Honda half pickup/half suvs was next to me and I could hear they were PUNCHED.... so luckily being in 2nd gear all I had to do was punch it to get from being on the rear qtr panel to 80 and many car length ahead of it.... it's like I didn't have to try
Old 6/13/08, 06:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Just when I didn't think you could make the ***-end of a Saleen any uglier....
Surprised it didn't have Shelby/SVT/Cobra badges somewhere.
Old 6/13/08, 07:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I know what you mean Brian, and thanks. But man, it's hard not to loose it. To put in perspective on how long it's been without my ride, it was out before the day we installed the D-Specs on Leo's and Luis' rides! (that's the laughter of insanity!)
it been since the install day at my house??
Old 6/13/08, 08:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
There's been like 2 or 3 POTR posters that have gotten blown since the time Bill's been down....
Old 6/13/08, 09:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Finally got off my *** and removed the Shaker 1000 and the rear seats top and bottom. So here are the resultts.....

AMPS & harness = 17lbs

Subs = 35lbs

Part of seat that folds down both of them together = 12lbs

Seat bottom = 11lbs

All four CDC floor mats = 5lbs

All togehter =80lbs less

Planning on going with 1/4 a tank as opposed to 1/2 or more. For the sake of argument lets say 4-5 gallons less than usual (1 gallon= 6.lbs) That's another 24-30lbs less.

Plus losing weight by switching the front 18" bullits with 255/45/18 tires to 17" with 235/50/17 tires I'm saving at the very least a good 10lbs per side. (I'll actually weigh both combos tomorrow to see the actual difference and post my findings.)

So add the 80lbs above to the 25lbs of gas plus 20lbs on the wheels and tires and the total wieght savings is 125lbs. So If all goes well tomorrow I should return with a 8.3 timeslip and finally be able to say the car runs 12's*. If I get anything lower I'll be happier than a pig in ****.

*In track form.

So with all this said I don't think I'll be stripping the car every trip to the track as it's to much hassle. Actually removal of all the above items is very easy but not something I feel like doing a couple times a month.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)