General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 5/28/08, 06:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Taps

There are three places I'd go to before Taps. Yard House and BJ's are right next to Taps, Hero's is closer to where we'll be. All are within 10 minutes, tops of each other.

1) Hero's 100+ beers on tap.
2) Yard House 200+ beers on tap about 500ft north of Taps
3) BJ's Brewery. I can't help it. I love the BJ's Blonde.

Pros
Heroes good, plenty of brew, local pub feel. Pretty good grub
Yard House, beer of every type for everyone and then some. Eye candy wasn't bad last I went
Bj's Blonde AND they have an impressive selection of Belgian beer. Food is A+ for me too

Cons
Heroes crowded quickly, service can suck at times
Yard House, artsy, fancy plates of food.
BJ's VERY LOUD. can get to that bowling place type LOUD.
Taps Beer mediocre at best. Food is just OK, nothing spectacular to write home about.

Either way any of these are WAY better than Taps IMO. I'll do Taps if that's everyone's choice.
Brian your a Beer connoisseur and a food critic Elmer Dills look out!

Let's check out the Yardhouse or Hero's I'm good either way. We can decide at 281 no pressure ladies

Jed
Old 5/28/08, 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
is yours about to go out ?? Why the change ?
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'm guessing that it's starting to slip sometimes. Putting down that much torque will eventually tax the stock clutch.
One of the reasons why I'll be upgrading to the Centerforce DF.
The car has been feeling weird from time to time occasionally.... then last weekend at the Brenspeed dyno day, it slipped big time on the first dyno pull. It hung in well on the next two pulls, but I just have a feeling that it's on the way out. And from what I've read, typically when you get the signs of failure, they go pretty fast after that. Plus, I want to hit the strip and that's not gonna happen on a stock, slipping clutch- I don't want to get stranded.
Old 5/28/08, 08:49 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Thanks.
I'll be asking for a free t-shirt at the least.

I don't know whether to to get mad at these guys or praise them for not sending out junk.
Dude, this sucks! But like you said, at least they care enough not to send out a defective product, too bad they didnt send you a pic of the faulty coating. I'd like to see that

Originally Posted by tom281
Well I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Spec 3+ clutch and flywheel combo.....
do it! I think that's one of the best mods after a supercharger

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Brian your a Beer connoisseur and a food critic Elmer Dills look out!

Let's check out the Yardhouse or Hero's I'm good either way. We can decide at 281 no pressure ladies

Jed
yeah, I suppose we know who to ask about beers, dont we?
What's your favorite Sam Adams, Brian?
Old 5/28/08, 10:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangMahn
yeah, I suppose we know who to ask about beers, dont we?
What's your favorite Sam Adams, Brian?
I had a Sam Adams White Ale at the GABF several years ago that has yet to be matched. They have done very well with the Wheat too, very bavarian with the right amount of clove and banana. Not too much of a porter/stout type ale so I typically shy away from them. The chocolate malt just disagrees with me. The Boston Lager is kinda my Bud/Coors/Miller when all else fails, as long as it's on tap
Old 5/28/08, 10:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

The car has been feeling weird from time to time occasionally.... then last weekend at the Brenspeed dyno day, it slipped big time on the first dyno pull. It hung in well on the next two pulls, but I just have a feeling that it's on the way out. And from what I've read, typically when you get the signs of failure, they go pretty fast after that. Plus, I want to hit the strip and that's not gonna happen on a stock, slipping clutch- I don't want to get stranded.

What made you choose Spec over Centerforce, McLeod, Fidanza or RAM clutches ? What about the McLeod TOB that I've read so much about, is that worth it ??

Oh yeah... 10 or 26 spline, how the heck do you change that out without totally taking about the trans ?

Did you see my post about the oil/air separator ?
Old 5/28/08, 10:20 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Brian,

I don't know but do you get Shiner beer out there on the left coast. Specifically Shiner Bock amongst others. Just curious about what others think of it outside of South Texas. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. Shiner Bock and Rolling Rock (2 completely different beers) helped me make it through college...or at least I made it through college despite them.
Old 5/29/08, 02:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice beer conversations, and Ian, that beach looks amazing!

But.. here comes the Taco party pooper...
No more MMR updates, I'm sick of it all.

Long story short, they found 2 pistons that the coating has started to flake off, obviously from a bad prep or contamination. They were going to send the 2 bad ones to a different coater, but I told them to send all 8.. duh! They were all coated at the same time, so the whole batch has been compromised.

At this point, I'm not making anymore pipedream dates on when it'll be ready.
That sucks, kinda makes me weary of how well that coating will hold up in the environment of the engine. At this rate your engine will be a Christmas present.
Old 5/29/08, 06:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

What made you choose Spec over Centerforce, McLeod, Fidanza or RAM clutches ? What about the McLeod TOB that I've read so much about, is that worth it ??

Oh yeah... 10 or 26 spline, how the heck do you change that out without totally taking about the trans ?

Did you see my post about the oil/air separator ?
I've read good and bad about all brands of clutches. After researching for about a year now (I originally started looking in April '07 after the first Vortech install) I'm beginning to think that alot of the problems come down to installation errors. I will likely go with Spec because that's what Brenspeed sells and installs.

I need to do more homework on the McLeod TOB/slave cylinder piece. As far as shafts, there's only one place that I know of that offers a 26 spline upgrade and I believe you have to send in your factory 10 spline as a core; I really don't want my car to be down for that amount of turn around time...... I gotta figure that out too.....
Old 5/29/08, 07:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Shiner Bock and Rolling Rock (2 completely different beers) helped me make it through college...
Well, if Shiner is a massed produced beer like RR, I can tell you that Brian won't care for it. He's had a taste of the good life and he ain't ever going back!

Originally Posted by Robbieg
That sucks, kinda makes me weary of how well that coating will hold up in the environment of the engine. At this rate your engine will be a Christmas present.
Coating will outlast the engine.. if prepped correctly.

I was thinking more like the 4th of July.

I've read good and bad about all brands of clutches...
Same here. That's why I settled on the Centerforce DF; hardly found any bad comments about them.
Old 5/29/08, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Dang sorry to hear about the delay but look at the bright side at least they noticed it and will be taken care of. So ready for a drink tonight?
Haha! Didn't read this til this morning.. guess I was ready since we both threw down some Kirin's last night!

btw Luis, got all the stuff needed for the Sake Bombs last night. Air Raid this weekend.. get ready!
Old 5/29/08, 07:56 AM
GTR Member

Same here. That's why I settled on the Centerforce DF; hardly found any bad comments about them.
Other than hearing the weights, I haven't had any problems with my Centerforce DF.
Old 5/29/08, 08:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

mod update:

SOS dual gauge pillar pod, ordered.
Looking to have my gauges installed in a week or two

Another item off the list

Shiner Bock Is a pretty good beer. It's not very common out here though. I'll have to head out to Beverages & More to see if they have any and pick up one to reacquaint myself.

Hey Now... Sam Adams is mass produced and it's a great beer. Is the other swill that pretends to be a pilsner that I can't stand.
Old 5/29/08, 08:53 AM

Shiner Bock Is a pretty good beer. It's not very common out here though. I'll have to head out to Beverages & More to see if they have any and pick up one to reacquaint myself.
BevMo carries it.. link $7.99 a 6-pack

Congrats on the gauge pillar pod.
Which model Autometers did you decide to go with?
Old 5/29/08, 09:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Other than hearing the weights, I haven't had any problems with my Centerforce DF.

You have a CF DF in your '06? I musta missed that....
Old 5/29/08, 09:12 AM
GTR Member

You have a CF DF in your '06? I musta missed that....
No... in the '89.

But you'll still hear those weights sliding... but only when at idle and pushing the clutch in and out. I don't hear it when driving... the car is too loud.

It's a hard sound to describe. Everybody that I've talked to that has a CF mentions it, but I don't mind it at all. As long as I know that the sound is normal I'm OK with it.

Last edited by 89Trooper; 5/29/08 at 09:14 AM.
Old 5/29/08, 09:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

BevMo carries it.. link $7.99 a 6-pack

Congrats on the gauge pillar pod.
Which model Autometers did you decide to go with?
leaning towards the cobalts. I'm hoping to purchase the gauges, tensioner and a belt at the same time or close to it.
Old 5/29/08, 04:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
No... in the '89.
It's a hard sound to describe. Everybody that I've talked to that has a CF mentions it, but I don't mind it at all. As long as I know that the sound is normal I'm OK with it.
OK, got it.....

leaning towards the cobalts. I'm hoping to purchase the gauges, tensioner and a belt at the same time or close to it.
Cobalts are great.
Old 5/29/08, 06:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

how not to read instructions...

http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21521

Get to page 8 and a post by "hustler" totally worth your time.
Old 5/29/08, 06:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

How the heck did you find that..... You got a Mazda?
Old 5/29/08, 09:41 PM
Cobra Member

Lakers make it to the finals

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)