The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

StangMahn 5/22/08 10:46 PM

I was gonna make my first POTR milestone a big one, oh well, there's always 30k

habu 5/22/08 10:46 PM

Jeez no one has hit the magic numba yet.. :shame:

Luis, going with the Whipple HO on a DD and your only car is borderline insane. It is "all in the tune" but you need to be prepared for the worst case scenario. I probably should have gotten a beater first, just in case. but sometimes I'm a little :confused::confused:

If you guys do decide to go that route, pick a good "known" tuner and don't get caught in the numbers. It's a game that you'll lose.

2k7gtcs 5/22/08 10:48 PM

Sorry David.

I was actually posting in 19,999 when you beat me to it. I never intended for it to be me, I was just helping to facilitate the event.

habu 5/22/08 10:49 PM

did we all post at the same time :rofl2:

Good job Gary. :nice:
Just my .02...

There is just something that the TS offers that is just outta site. The push from the drop of the hamma all the way through the gears and NEVER letting up is absolutely the best thing I've ever had in any car I've ever driven. It puts that ol sh*t eating grin on my face every-single-time.

Hi Steve :wave:
today was my first time driving the car in the rain. Needless to say it was a little bit of an adventure.

StangMahn 5/22/08 10:50 PM

^that's the best reaction, dyno numbers are cool, but a permanent grin is better

congrats gary, I think it's funny when we start lurking, and about four people post thinking that they have it

2k7gtcs 5/22/08 10:53 PM

I really need that grin. It's time. I knew all along I would do it and things are pretty good at work for now so I should be able to save the money. I also wanted to pay the car off before doing it, so I've got to finish that too.

StangMahn 5/22/08 11:02 PM

I just need a stang:dunno:

2k7gtcs 5/22/08 11:09 PM

I'm already starting to plan on a second stang, it'll be a couple of years but I'll be keeping this one when I get the 2011.

Superfly SN95 5/22/08 11:44 PM

I really like like centri's and I was leaning that way for a long time until I saw the plumbing. For me, it's show before go. The Whipple fits the bill. Besides, that "oh ****" factor is great. I've been in Jed's car :grin:

Ah! Such a headache. I haven't thought about this in a while. I really need to think logically than on impulse. My goal was to have it by January next year... now that seems too far away :rofl2:

Gary - how do you like the 4x4? I've considered it. Checked out an '06 Fx4 this past week. Really great truck. I'm kind of scared of the gas mileage though. I'm going to start checking police auctions or something. I need to figure out a master plan to get this blower and the car asap :banghead: :jester:

2k7gtcs 5/22/08 11:51 PM

I love the truck. I had a Super Duty before that I loved also but it was a little big. This fits me great and I really need the four doors with the 5 kids and all. Beware the gas mileage is the thing. We have a 120 acre tract of land and when it rains I use the 4x4 if I need to get out there and I like the stance, you'd be surprised how well it corners with the stock 20's and Pirellis on it. I think it has perfect balance. I drive it not too hard but by no means easy and get about 11-12 mpg in town. I can get 18 on the highway but I don't do much of that. The FX4's are cool. I really liked the black leather interiors but this Lariat caught my eye and since I'll probably drive it for 6 or 7 more years I wanted the dual power seats and such.

StangMahn 5/23/08 12:00 AM

I like the new F250's, they finally got an interior that matches the exterior, I didnt like the previous interior, this one is great. I've always liked the way the new ones look from the outside.

Luis, I might suggest going towards a nissan frontier type truck, granted I had a 91, but I got 23 city, 28 hwy, and the one I had was a rugged little truck,280k miles, and still going, until I blew the head gasket, it's going to get fixed, and I'll start driving it again.

Superfly SN95 5/23/08 12:23 AM

Hm...I'll have to look into the frontier. That's great mileage since I'll be doing more city driving than highway. Thanks for the advice :nice: The other truck I was looking into was a tacoma.

habu 5/23/08 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by superfly s197 (Post 5572430)
I really like like centri's and I was leaning that way for a long time until I saw the plumbing. For me, it's show before go. The Whipple fits the bill. Besides, that "oh ****" factor is great. I've been in Jed's car :grin:

not trying to give you too much of a hard time, but if your interest for FI is the looks then a turbo is the way to go, then maybe a centri. The polish and intricate plumbing will be impressive over a field of a bunch of Whipples. Also the HO is probably not the way to go because you can get a polished non I/C Whipple, who is gonna know, for a decent price and you can retain warranty. The Whipple is plain-jane and completely stock looking, not impressive in the looks area. Get some shiny parts and the show will come around.

Going FI isn't to be taken lightly and considered for it's looks, IMO. There is too much at stake. Are you sure you're ready for Forced Induction ?

JedCranium 5/23/08 01:56 AM

I may go to Arizona this weekend if so I may visit this...

http://www.highperformancestangs.com...ead.php?t=5755

Jed

Superfly SN95 5/23/08 02:36 AM

Brian - I guess I incorrectly worded things. Let me explain my vision for the car so you get an idea of what I'm trying to do here.

When I said show before go, I meant that: First and foremost, I want the car to look good but, still perform great.

Look-wise: I'm going for something that's basically "fine-tuning" stock. I want my car to be different but have an OEM feel to it. Just think of the mods I've done. That's basically why I've decided to not change the spoiler. I'm not looking for approval from judges or anything. I want something that can possibly be looked over :jester:

Go-wise: I would rather have the HO kit for three reasons 1. It's a safer bet. 2. Its cheaper done all at once. 3. Gt500 pumps. I decided to go with the Whipple for its "completely stock" look. :jester: It pretty much looks like an OE add-on ( I wish :drool:)

I agree with your comment about FI not being taken lightly. I disagree with the second half of that sentence though. What's wrong with getting both :dunno: :jester: Looking at my points for getting the Whipple you'll see that both looks and performance are considered. In no way am I taking this lightly. My goal for this car has always been 450rwhp.

Am I ready for FI? No way. That's why I had FI planned for January '09. By then, I would have all suspension pieces, mods that support FI (i.e. driveshaft), and race school out of the way BUT then, I ran into you guys :rofl2: I'm still going to take a safe/wise route. I want my car to last, I want to make sure I can handle the power adequately, and mod the car right (in any aspect). I don't believe in short cuts or the economic way out.

We'll see how this pans out. Hopefully this clears it up. Although I'm not looking for 11 second time slips, I do want something with that "oh sh*t" factor, and I want to look good doing it :grin:

89Trooper 5/23/08 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by superfly s197 (Post 5572452)
We'll see how this pans out. Hopefully this clears it up. Although I'm not looking for 11 second time slips, I do want something with that "oh sh*t" factor, and I want to look good doing it :grin:

Be turbo #2... you can satisfy all those things!

TacoBill 5/23/08 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium (Post 5572451)
I may go to Arizona this weekend if so I may visit this...

http://www.highperformancestangs.com...ead.php?t=5755

Cool! Buy me a shirt while you're there.. size LG. :grin:

Originally Posted by superfly s197 (Post 5572452)
I guess I incorrectly worded things. Let me explain my vision for the car so you get an idea of what I'm trying to do here.

Luis, you sounded way too sober in that novel of a post. :jester:

You're overthinking this whole thing man. Ask any of the 05 and 06 guys (like me, Tom(s), Leo, Jed, etc) and we all had an initial 'vision' (like you) on how we want our cars to be. It all goes out the window because doing mods constantly evolves our cars.

Want the Whipple? Then get it. :poke:

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 5572396)
im not a big fan of twin screw, they are cool, but just not my taste, I like power from mid to high range

Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8FXHWisVZY :metal:

StangMahn 5/23/08 11:51 AM

^yup, dont get me wrong, I like launching from a stop, the vortech does that too, but I really like to drop the hammer at 40-50 and stun the people back in their seats.

and I just prefer the Centri look. I dont like exposed belts, wiring, hoses, etc. I think the centri's sorta tidy up the engine bay, and it will look great with all the MWAG stuff that's planned for the car.

LEO_06GT 5/23/08 11:58 AM

I got a PS3 yesterday. I know, I know those $400 could've gone towards a blower or a K-memba.:grin: Got it more for the Blue Ray player than the system. Figured if I'm going to spend $400 on Blue Ray it might as well be able to do something else.:grin:

As far as FI goes....I may be getting a job that pays a little more. I probably jinxed it by posting this.:shame: I should know in a month or so. If all goes according to plan I'll be joining you FI guys. If not I'll have to enjoy being N/A.:rofl3:

Superfly SN95 5/23/08 12:55 PM

:lol: :lol: