General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 4/23/10, 01:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got the estimate from the body shop. This is what $450 worth of damage looks like. And of course all he has wrong with his hunk o' crap is a scuffed tail light.

They're still saying I might have it back by this afternoon.

I know it looks like a ticky tack thing to ***** about. But in person it looks alot worse. Either way I'm not the ahole that backed in to someone's car then pretended like nothing happened.

Don't you guys think those two white scuffs on his tail lights match up perfectly with the two scuffs on the ducktail?

-----------
Off to take out my aggressions on Xbox Live.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0006.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0007.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0014.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0004.jpg  

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/23/10 at 02:01 PM.
Old 4/23/10, 02:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
In all reality I would've preferred it if he'd just taken out the bumper completely. That way I could've upgraded to the CS rear. At least then it would've been worth the hassle of dealing with the insurance company.
I don't know, maybe some swift kicks from a steel toed boot would've made the CS rear bumper come into fruition. It would've cost you the same.

Don't you guys think those two white scuffs on his tail lights match up perfectly with the two scuffs on the ducktail?
That is pretty suspicious. At that damage level, I doubt he even knew he scraped your car, especially at night. He still should fess up to it though.
Old 4/23/10, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by GJM20115.0
Just joined! Getting ready to order. I can;t seem to get the right imfo. on a 5.0 strut tower brace. I know they are putting them on all the converts.and in a couple packages, but are they on all 5.0s standard? If I only add 19" wheels, will I get one?.
Anyone know what the deal is?
Welcome to TMS. Your question could be better answered here. Try asking there.
Old 4/23/10, 06:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got the estimate from the body shop. This is what $450 worth of damage looks like. And of course all he has wrong with his hunk o' crap is a scuffed tail light.

I know it looks like a ticky tack thing to ***** about. But in person it looks alot worse. Either way I'm not the ahole that backed in to someone's car then pretended like nothing happened.

-----------
Dam Leo sorry to hear about that. Part of being in a co-opted parking area that really sucks. I KNOW that some of the dings I have are from the fat old grandma that can't park next to me... Don't blame you for fuming, but 450 isn't that bad really. Likely they're repaint the whole part, bumper and ducktail... having mine recently painted it's about right.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I don't know, maybe some swift kicks from a steel toed boot would've made the CS rear bumper come into fruition. It would've cost you the same.

That is pretty suspicious. At that damage level, I doubt he even knew he scraped your car, especially at night. He still should fess up to it though.
+23
Old 4/23/10, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Dam Leo sorry to hear about that. Part of being in a co-opted parking area that really sucks. I KNOW that some of the dings I have are from the fat old grandma that can't park next to me... Don't blame you for fuming, but 450 isn't that bad really. Likely they're repaint the whole part, bumper and ducktail... having mine recently painted it's about right.

+23
I figured it would be at least that much. Just sucks to waste money on something that's not a no mod.

Cars ready don't know how the **** that's that's possible but it is. Picking up tomorrow because I can't make before they close today.
Old 4/23/10, 09:42 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Brian...https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482464
Old 4/24/10, 09:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

thx.. pics posted
Old 4/24/10, 12:08 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Scott can we get a ban here.

-----------
I can tell you that his rear bumper went over your rear bumper then beside your taillight was the part under his taillight then his taillight hit the ducktail
Old 4/25/10, 12:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

NMC (No Mustang Content)

Bertha, Stupid F*&king old truck....
What a frustrating day. Found out that the severe timing issue was the starter, it was pulling too many amps and barely turning over the motor (with a 875cca battery). The fuel pump was barely pushing fuel into the carb. Found out that the fuel tank selector is rigged and lord knows from where or how it's reasonably working but we got fuel to flow, so I guess that's good. Replaced both as well as the points, condensor and coil, just in case. At least it will now start. However there is at least two dead holes and I think #4 spark plug is stripped. Either a valve is hung or the cylinder head is cracked, when giving it gas fumes, vapor or something is coming up out of the carb and stopping the motor has a little smoke wafting out of the carb for at least 2-5 mins. Timing appears good or decent, chain feels taut checking when the fuel pump was off.

Crap.
But it's fun working on an old car again. Simple stuff. Fuel, spark, timing... and it'll run. Now it's likely mechanical. I tell ya, might just pull the **** thing and rebuild it and the tranny and get it over with.
</NoMustangContent>

Mustang news. I'm almost at 20,000 miles on the blower and tires. I might get another 2K out of them, but that's it as I'm almost on the wear indicators now. Meh... 500 bucks and 2 years of an absolute kick in the pants. Yeah it was worth it. But perhaps next time not so many 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear burnouts..... You know they're old when you're lighting 'em up that they just don't make any noise at all..

Last edited by habu; 4/25/10 at 12:27 AM.
Old 4/26/10, 12:41 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
to be honest Brian,that sounds like a blast. The old stuff is just so much more fun to work on

I dont suppose any of you guys have access to carfax, do you?
Old 4/26/10, 07:50 AM

I tell ya, might just pull the **** thing and rebuild it and the tranny and get it over with.
+1

At that age, I'd pull the heads for a valve job at the minimum. Bertha needs new parts!

Wow, 20k since the blower install? Time flies.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I dont suppose any of you guys have access to carfax, do you?
Nope. Sorry.

So yesterday...
Had a great time at Fab Fords. Wasn't too hot, but still managed to get a little sunburned.

Ate too much, drank too much, but had a blast. Good times!

Amazingly, Leo, Jed, and I met up with quite a few peeps after it seemed like a bust on getting everyone together for the meet. Had drinks with Brian & Shellie, met Danny, Steve, Charlie, Monica, Leo2, Jed's son, and one TacoBill superfan from Oahu.

Jed took some great pics both on and off the court, so keep an eye out for those.

Kick off meal at Portillo's

Very clean 2010, lowered just right, wheel offset, all perfect.

Tacomobile will be down for a couple weeks; Leo helped himself to my mirrors

Old 4/26/10, 09:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian - Man, that takes me back to working on my '68 Mustang... I was ALWAYS working on that car... learned a lot though! As frustrating as it is/was, it is still fun working on them...

Bill - Sounds like a good time! I will make it down there for the Ford show one of these times!

I went to Napa over the weekend and had a great time cruising around! The weather was perfect! Next weekend, Disneyland!
Old 4/26/10, 08:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Got my A47 mirrors painted

Finally had enough of the grody finish on the A47 mirrors. They looked like something off a 20 year old car. So since I was paying to have them painted I decided to get them matched to the car.

Check out the Mamba with the Taco mobiles mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-photo-1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-photo-2-1.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-photo-3-11.jpg  
Old 4/26/10, 09:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looks clean, eventually maybe I'll do mine when mine get grody!
Old 4/26/10, 09:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good! I'm with Jed, if mine start to go south, I'll definitely paint them!
Old 4/26/10, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

That looks sharp Leo!

I think if I have the funds (very unlikely but one can dream right?) I'll swap mine with the 2010 mirrors, I really like those.

Last edited by TheDarkKnight; 4/26/10 at 09:11 PM.
Old 4/26/10, 10:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Finally had enough of the grody finish on the A47 mirrors. They looked like something off a 20 year old car. So since I was paying to have them painted I decided to get them matched to the car.

Check out the Mamba with the Taco mobiles mirrors.
how much did it set you back ??
Old 4/26/10, 10:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Brian - Man, that takes me back to working on my '68 Mustang... I was ALWAYS working on that car... learned a lot though! As frustrating as it is/was, it is still fun working on them...

Bill - Sounds like a good time! I will make it down there for the Ford show one of these times!

I went to Napa over the weekend and had a great time cruising around! The weather was perfect! Next weekend, Disneyland!
yeah I'm hoping it doesn't become a work-every-weekend thing. The problem is that while it was a good price, I could have gotten a better deal on something that I could have test drove or seen running. Oh well, live and learn, right ?

We're pretty sure there are at least two dead holes with stuck intake valves. If I learn it's not-fixable with a ford-tool(Big F'n hammer) then I'm probably going to put it down and get motor and tranny rebuilt. Good thing is that it will not be too expensive. so we'll see.
Old 4/27/10, 12:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

how much did it set you back ??
$150.

----------

FML!!!!!

Get the car back every things great.....Then bam my head unit starts rebooting endlessly. I've been on Avic411 for the past few hours and haven't found a solution.
Old 4/27/10, 02:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Saw this a FFF it gave me a woody...

Brian for you...

I wish my old 64 Falcon looked like this...

Just posted some picts from FFF in Autofocus>

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)