General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/10, 07:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
BTW- Nothing wrong with a Shaker for a DD.

---------------
Been awhile since I typed the following words....NEW MOD ALERT!!!!!!!!!
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/car...ategory_id=254
I got the satin finish.
Shaker and water is not such a big deal if the shroud is left stock and all 4 drain holes are functional.

Looks like SHR's site is down, but congrats on the billet door handles. Looks like we'll need to do an install party for them; not a 5 min job.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Bronco AC watch: I just recharged the system. We'll see how long it lasts. Day 0.
Check the compressor coil and relay.

Bill, Luis and myself are in for sure. Not sure about George, Brian or Jed.

Played with the iPad today. I have to say it's not just "a big iTouch/iPhone". Can't put it into words other than awesome.
To clarify... Luis, Leo, and myself are going, but are NOT entering our cars. We're going as spectators and expert Mustang critics.

Chris mentioned in passing that he wants the iPad.

Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX
Sweet. I'm gonna try to make it if I can.

Maybe you can give me some insight as to what you liked until I give it a try myself. This is coming from an early adopter of new technologies and a MacBook Pro user.
I know I could've used the iPad when Jed and I were driving in BFE trying to navigate off the little iPhone screen, that was a PITA.

Good points on the netbook comparison, but the fact still remains, the iPad just looks cooler.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I'm slated to go and roll with Hillbank but one one's called me so not sure if I'll do it with the ROUSH or the Highlander.
Want me to PM Monica on FB for more info?
Old 4/6/10, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
To clarify... Luis, Leo and myself are going, but are NOT entering our cars. We're going as spectators and expert Mustang critics.
I might not have said it to everyone en-masse, but I'll be there as well doing the same as the peanut gallery...

Congrats Dan
Old 4/6/10, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
I might not have said it to everyone en-masse, but I'll be there as well doing the same as the peanut gallery...

Congrats Dan
Thanks bud!
Old 4/6/10, 09:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Sweet. I'm gonna try to make it if I can.

I read that you tried out the iPad on FB. Sounds like you had a good experience. I haven't had a chance to try it myself but I did see it on my on-campus Apple store this morning. It looks like it's a nicely designed piece of hardware, but what's the real draw? It can't multitask, use CDs/DVDs, it offers no USB ports, and has no front facing camera for video conferencing, all which can be had on a netbook for a similar price point. Maybe you can give me some insight as to what you liked until I give it a try myself. This is coming from an early adopter of new technologies and a MacBook Pro user.
To lazy type in something meaningful, so I'll just say go try then come back to me.

Shaker and water is not such a big deal if the shroud is left stock and all 4 drain holes are functional.

Looks like SHR's site is down, but congrats on the billet door handles. Looks like we'll need to do an install party for them; not a 5 min job.
Chris mentioned in passing that he wants the iPad.
Still don't know what the heck your talking about with the Shaker/water issue. Mines been through rain storms and car washes with no problems.

I was thinking of doing them this Saturday at my Grandmothers. I know you and Jed are doing the RET thing but anyone else is more than welcome to come down and lend a hand. Just be advised that all parking will be on the street.

I knew he'd ask for one soon enough.
Old 4/6/10, 10:20 AM

Still don't know what the heck your talking about with the Shaker/water issue. Mines been through rain storms and car washes with no problems.

I was thinking of doing them this Saturday at my Grandmothers. I know you and Jed are doing the RET thing but anyone else is more than welcome to come down and lend a hand. Just be advised that all parking will be on the street.

I knew he'd ask for one soon enough.
All I'm saying about the Shaker/water thing is that you're in for a big engine bay clean-up after a rainstorm or carwash (only applies to peeps wanting to keep the engine bay show ready).

Do those handles later (if they even come in by Friday) and come hang out at RET.
Handles or hear this?

If it weren't for the extra AT&T 3G contract, I'd entertain it.
Old 4/6/10, 10:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

All I'm saying about the Shaker/water thing is that you're in for a big engine bay clean-up after a rainstorm or carwash (only applies to peeps wanting to keep the engine bay show ready).

Do those handles later (if they even come in by Friday) and come hang out at RET.
Handles or hear this?

If it weren't for the extra AT&T 3G contract, I'd entertain it.

They will be here by Friday. I've already got my tracking number. Can't do the RET thing because I have family coming over that day.

You can get the wi-fi only version. That's the one I was considerimg anyways. Don't see the point of the 3G one since I don't see myself carrying the Ipad day-to day. If there's something that I really need to look up while I'm out I'll just use the Iphone.
Old 4/6/10, 10:50 AM

They will be here by Friday. I've already got my tracking number. Can't do the RET thing because I have family coming over that day.

You can get the wi-fi only version. That's the one I was considerimg anyways. Don't see the point of the 3G one since I don't see myself carrying the Ipad day-to day. If there's something that I really need to look up while I'm out I'll just use the Iphone.
= me

Don't be a wuss Leo, come hang out at least an hour. Bring your cousin along and show him/her the badass cars we have here in SoCal.

3G is the way to go for something like the iPad. Surf and navigate on the fly!
Just ask the iTouch users, half its functions are useless without data connection. Just saying.
Old 4/6/10, 10:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

= me

Don't be a wuss Leo, come hang out at least an hour. Bring your cousin along and show him/her the badass cars we have here in SoCal.

3G is the way to go for something like the iPad. Surf and navigate on the fly!
Just ask the iTouch users, half its functions are useless without data connection. Just saying.
Nope can't do it.

If you say so.
Old 4/6/10, 10:56 AM

Nope can't do it.
I'l see you Saturday morning.
Old 4/6/10, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

Hi guys long time since I've been around, like 5 months it would seem lol. I have some catching up tp do. You all seem to be doing well, so what’s the biggest thing I've missed out on? Bill hasn't blown up another engine has he, or has one of you gone over to the Z06 side lol I still have the GT, almost up to 10K in miles.

My health is so so which is good I guess ha. I am at the point of letting go of the 07 and may either get a used 05-09 and add a forged to heck big block or jump on an 11 with the stock 414HP. Going to be letting go of the M-5230-5GT FRPP Stingers and the MGW shifter soon if anyone is on the lookout for any of these.

Just takiing one day at a time, its good to hear from you all again.

phil
Old 4/6/10, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by NYNY53
Hi guys long time since I've been around, like 5 months it would seem lol. I have some catching up tp do. You all seem to be doing well, so what’s the biggest thing I've missed out on? Bill hasn't blown up another engine has he, or has one of you gone over to the Z06 side lol I still have the GT, almost up to 10K in miles.

My health is so so which is good I guess ha. I am at the point of letting go of the 07 and may either get a used 05-09 and add a forged to heck big block or jump on an 11 with the stock 414HP. Going to be letting go of the M-5230-5GT FRPP Stingers and the MGW shifter soon if anyone is on the lookout for any of these.

phil
Hey Phil!

Usual gang is still here. No blown motors or Z06's yet.

Jay's on the lookout for a set of Stingers!
Old 4/6/10, 12:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Phil!

Usual gang is still here. No blown motors or Z06's yet.

Jay's on the lookout for a set of Stingers!
Yep, I am wanting to do a comparison of my current GTA's and the Stingers to see which one's I like the best...
Old 4/6/10, 01:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NYNY53

phil
Hey Phil, good to hear from you. All the best to you my friend!

We did lose a Mustang, Luis had to sell his but George bought another one. So life kinda balances out.

Last edited by Ray Man; 4/6/10 at 01:22 PM.
Old 4/7/10, 08:17 AM

Tacomobile hit 6k miles (3k on motor) this morning on the way to work.

I feel like leaving in the Agressive Tune.. feels like its ***** grew 2 sizes.

Old 4/7/10, 09:23 AM
Cobra Member

Sweet!

I have the performance tune in from Bama and love it! It's on the 91 Octane and is well worth the few extra cents a gallon! I know compared to yours, it's apples and oranges, but still...
Old 4/7/10, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Sweet!

I have the performance tune in from Bama and love it! It's on the 91 Octane and is well worth the few extra cents a gallon! I know compared to yours, it's apples and oranges, but still...
When I was running the Bama tune, the 'Race Tune' was my favorite! I liked it better than the Performance and Torque.

The custom 'Agressive' dyno tune that's in now reminds me of Doug's Race Tune... but with boost.
Old 4/7/10, 09:52 AM
Cobra Member

When I was running the Bama tune, the 'Race Tune' was my favorite! I liked it better than the Performance and Torque.

The custom 'Agressive' dyno tune that's in now reminds me of Doug's Race Tune... but with boost.
Nice!

I just looked on my spec sheet and I am running the Race tune, not the performance tune... My bad... LOL! All I know is that I love it!
Old 4/7/10, 10:18 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Oh no!

Time for another one.
Old 4/7/10, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone know where Luis has been at? I've been trying to get a hold of him for a few days with no luck.
Old 4/7/10, 01:25 PM

Does anyone know where Luis has been at? I've been trying to get a hold of him for a few days with no luck.
He rarely comes on TMS anymore, I can understand why.

Send him a PM via FB and I'll text him to check it.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)