General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 12/10/09, 01:12 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
i believe I've heard that rumor before...

I got my car back today

Okay... issue that had me bummed for a while:
First time I went to pick it up Lucille, everything was cool except for one major detail; I had "seams" right above the rear sidemarkers (both sides). I was thrown every excuse in the book when I brought it up and the more we talked, the more defensive he became I kept my cool and followed Bill's advice (thanks Bill ). Three days later I called back again and he apparently had a change of heart and decided to fix it. I showed up today and inspected the car from front to back, over and over and over again For the most part everything check out with the exception of two things (not worth starting another pissing match though). First one is something he said would taken care of when the car gets wet sanded and the second one is an adjustment issue (which he decided to throw out an excuse again )

I posted the pics below for you guys to see the "seams." He kept blaming Ford for the 'poor quality.' You're a f*cking body shop. Sand that sh*t out you trans-gender son of a b*tch

So now, I will have to wait for the second week of January to have the whole car wet sanded. I'm going elsewhere because I've lost all faith in this body shop.

Things I've learned
  • Don't pay upfront ( I truly think this leverage kept me from totally getting screwed over )
  • Let the insurance company take complete control over it; My interference bit me in the azz
  • If I* cannot install it, then its not worth getting because I do not want to go through anymore headaches.
  • People just don't put pride into their work anymore.
  • Denial is the new buzzword in the automotive performance biz

*I meaning Bill, Magic Hands and the rest of the POTR crew

With that out of the way... it felt great to have Lucille back Driving home brought back so many memories. Sure, its a sexy hunk of metal but its sentimental value is through the roof. I've made great friends through this forum (StangMahn, GottaHaveIt, 2KGTCS ). The POTR SoCal crew We've gone from meeting up for Mustang related events to just hanging out like great friends do The cruises with the crew, by myself or the Mrs. are unforgettable. There is nothing like turning the key and hearing the rumble of an American V8

Okay, I'm off the soap box now

Things ahead for Lucille
  • Getting wet sanding done the second week of January
  • Redoing the window tinting as soon as I can. The tint started to bubble bad for the back window and I lost my receipt so I'll need some info on the place you went to Bill
  • Tubular radiator support this weekend. Yes, I'm finally getting around to it
  • Painting the mirrors satin black this month.
  • At some point next year, I want to have an install party for the motor mounts
Wasn't planning to spend on the window tint but what can you do?

This is what I saw when I first walked up. Brought a smile to my face Pretty cool to see someone taking a picture of the car too. I usually feel like my car is the ugly stepsister in comparison to all of you guys

Last edited by Superfly SN95; 3/4/10 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12/10/09, 01:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by leos06gtll
If Luis isnt online its because hes banging gears or someone
Old 12/10/09, 02:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Good to have the Stang back Fly you get to enjoy it again. Sorry to hear about those few details, I'm sure you'll get that taken care of on your terms soon enough.
Old 12/10/09, 02:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

On another note Custom Billet finished my AN fittings they sent me a picture don't they look sexy!

Old 12/10/09, 02:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

You know what to do!

Jed

Old 12/10/09, 03:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
On another note Custom Billet finished my AN fittings they sent me a picture don't they look sexy!

Very nice!
Old 12/10/09, 03:25 AM
Cobra Member

You know what to do!

Jed

Very cool vid Jed!

Chris did good
Old 12/10/09, 07:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superfly s197

I got my car back today

Okay... issue that had me bummed for a while:
First time I went to pick it up Lucille, everything was cool except for one major detail; I had "seams" right above the rear sidemarkers (both sides). I was thrown every excuse in the book when I brought it up and the more we talked, the more defensive he became I kept my cool and followed Bill's advice (thanks Bill ). Three days later I called back again and he apparently had a change of heart and decided to fix it. I showed up today and inspected the car from front to back, over and over and over again For the most part everything check out with the exception of two things (not worth starting another pissing match though). First one is something he said would taken care of when the car gets wet sanded and the second one is an adjustment issue (which he decided to throw out an excuse again )

I posted the pics below for you guys to see the "seams." He kept blaming Ford for the 'poor quality.' You're a f*cking body shop. Sand that sh*t out you trans-gender son of a b*tch

So now, I will have to wait for the second week of January to have the whole car wet sanded. I'm going elsewhere because I've lost all faith in this body shop.

Things I've learned
  • Don't pay upfront ( I truly think this leverage kept me from totally getting screwed over )
  • Let the insurance company take complete control over it; My interference bit me in the azz
  • If I* cannot install it, then its not worth getting because I do not want to go through anymore headaches.
  • People just don't put pride into their work anymore.
  • Denial is the new buzzword in the automotive performance biz
*I meaning Bill, Magic Hands and the rest of the POTR crew

With that out of the way... it felt great to have Lucille back Driving home brought back so many memories. Sure, its a sexy hunk of metal but its sentimental value is through the roof. I've made great friends through this forum (StangMahn, GottaHaveIt, 2KGTCS ). The POTR SoCal crew We've gone from meeting up for Mustang related events to just hanging out like great friends do The cruises with the crew, by myself or the Mrs. are unforgettable. There is nothing like turning the key and hearing the rumble of an American V8

Okay, I'm off the soap box now

Things ahead for Lucille
  • Getting wet sanding done the second week of January
  • Redoing the window tinting as soon as I can. The tint started to bubble bad for the back window and I lost my receipt so I'll need some info on the place you went to Bill
  • Tubular radiator support this weekend. Yes, I'm finally getting around to it
  • Painting the mirrors satin black this month.
  • At some point next year, I want to have an install party for the motor mounts
Wasn't planning to spend on the window tint but what can you do?

This is what I saw when I first walked up. Brought a smile to my face Pretty cool to see someone taking a picture of the car too. I usually feel like my car is the ugly stepsister in comparison to all of you guys
Luis' longest cracked out post.

Glad you got your baby back. I bet parting with the Prius was bittersweet.

Can't wait to see them on those black hoses you got!

You know what to do!

Jed

Another great JCVP!
(I'll need a iPhone compatible file from you later)
Old 12/10/09, 07:54 AM

Luis... Want to make a quick buck?

https://themustangsource.com/showthr...41#post5772441
Old 12/10/09, 08:51 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
congrats luis, all in all, sounds like things are turning out okay! glad you got lucille back

those fittings are really sexy jed!
Old 12/10/09, 08:55 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
have you driven a TR lately

Old 12/10/09, 09:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Luis-Glad to see Lucille back. I totally feel you on the PITA it is to deal with a dam body shop. Listen to Bill and sell the UDP's. Vegas money FTW!!!

Jed-Great vid. Those AN fittings look amazing.
Old 12/10/09, 09:29 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Luis-Glad to see Lucille is back safe and sound with her daddy. Sucks about the body shop and the grief. She is a beautiful car for sure. Clean. Like a classic Mustang.
Old 12/10/09, 09:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

http://gizmodo.com/5422917/according...serve-handjobs
Old 12/10/09, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
...sell the UDP's. Vegas money FTW!!!
One weekend. Wolfpack of 3. The stories.
Old 12/10/09, 10:28 AM

Jed, think about getting some AN specific wrenches? You don't want to mar those babies!

http://performanceunlimited.com/cobr...mwrenches.html
Old 12/10/09, 10:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Jed, think about getting some AN specific wrenches? You don't want to mar those babies!

http://performanceunlimited.com/cobr...mwrenches.html
Ya if fact I have one adjustable aluminum wrench made for AN fittings that works okay. I'm looking for 6 point aluminum deep SAE sockets, don't know if they make them?

Off topic just posted a C & C vid in AutoFocus check it out.

J

Last edited by JedCranium; 12/10/09 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12/10/09, 10:48 AM

Off topic just posted a C & C vid in AutoFocus check it out.
Video marked as PRIVATE.. can't view.
Old 12/10/09, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm sorry but I'd kill this I3itch if I were that guy.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
Old 12/10/09, 11:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Video marked as PRIVATE.. can't view.
I just fixed it, I must of been sleepy last night and selected the wrong thing DOH!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)