General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 11/13/09, 12:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leos06gtll
Its time I get a new phone I have three in mind the "Droid" with verizon,"i phone" (I believe At&t is the only provider)or a "blackberry" with t mobile. Just wanted the opinions from the pros.
I know someone of you have the I phone how much is the service? How you guys like it?

thanks guys

ps. the charger has 1,000 on the clock and it is at the dealership with some kind of electrical problem (the lights flicker inside and out), a foggy headlamp and a dash rattle. No rental/loaner car so looks like the svo might get some action this weekend

Get the iPhone. You could go through AT&T or do what I did and get the iPhone but use T-Mobile. Only downside is loosing 3G.

OR

You can downgrade (again) and get the blackberry.

just sayin'
Old 11/13/09, 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

That was f*cking cool
Old 11/13/09, 12:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by leos06gtll
Its time I get a new phone I have three in mind the "Droid" with verizon,"i phone" (I believe At&t is the only provider)or a "blackberry" with t mobile. Just wanted the opinions from the pros.
I know someone of you have the I phone how much is the service? How you guys like it?
Get the iPhone. You could go through AT&T or do what I did and get the iPhone but use T-Mobile. Only downside is loosing 3G.

OR

just sayin'
LOL!

I definitely recommend trying out each one. Get a feel for each one and how they work. That being said, I definitely recommend the iPhone out of the choices.

iPhone: AT&T (unless you pull a Luis ) and is very nice! Slick OS, TONS of apps, overall just an awesome phone. You have to get the data plan, which is $30 a month added onto your normal phone bill (for example, $39.99 for phone, plus $30 for data runs you $69.99 a month. The data plan is required on all 'smart phones')

Blackberry: I don't like any of them. The Storm (the one like the iPhone) just works weird and the whole screen is one click button... It's more like a mini computer (with a little on screen mouse)... It has some nice features (like being able to run multiple programs at one time), but overall, just feels clunky, IMO.

Droid: I haven't got to see/play with one in person yet, but it looks pretty slick. Here's a review for the Eris (Verizon's Droid) at Gizmodo: http://gizmodo.com/5401220/droid-eris-review

Overall, the iPhone is still the best phone out there still, IMO...
Old 11/13/09, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by habu

Check this out... Open the printer in the system preferences... drag the printer icon onto your dock or desktop.
Then you can drag any document onto the printer and it will print. Even if the document is open, the icon at the top of the window for
the document, drag that onto the printer or anywhere for that matter and it will print it or copy to wherever you drag it.

On windows you can kind of do this but it always opens the word/excel/pdf.... program first, then prints. On the Apple it just prints.

That really made me smile! Being a long time Mac user, a fanboy if you will, I love it when people find solutions within the OS that simplify their lives. Especially something like desktop printing that has been around since the OS 9 days - its like rediscovering something that's been buried by the glitz and glamour of every OS release since.

And great to hear that folks on here are not only using Macs, but enjoying using them. Very cool.
Old 11/13/09, 02:34 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Great News Gary ,

It's the small things that continuously impress me with the way the computer works. The little annoyances that drove me completely
crazy on the windows machine (and still do at work) are gone when I'm at home. Sure they're not perfect and every once in awhile you'll
hit a flaw, error or bug but so far for me it's been few and far between.

Check this out... Open the printer in the system preferences... drag the printer icon onto your dock or desktop.
Then you can drag any document onto the printer and it will print. Even if the document is open, the icon at the top of the window for
the document, drag that onto the printer or anywhere for that matter and it will print it or copy to wherever you drag it.

On windows you can kind of do this but it always opens the word/excel/pdf.... program first, then prints. On the Apple it just prints.
Thanks for the tip Brain. I didn't know that.
Old 11/13/09, 03:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superfly s197
That was f*cking cool

Felt like I was watchig some cracked out jerry bruckheimer film.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Now you got something to do tomorrow.

We want some pics of them with the Black Mamba!
Old 11/13/09, 03:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OR

just sayin'
Luis....
http://www.tuaw.com/2009/11/07/jailb...the-unsecured/
http://www.macrumors.com/2009/11/11/...roken-iphones/
Becareful....

Originally Posted by STL-GT
That really made me smile! Being a long time Mac user, a fanboy if you will, I love it when people find solutions within the OS that simplify their lives. Especially something like desktop printing that has been around since the OS 9 days - its like rediscovering something that's been buried by the glitz and glamour of every OS release since.

And great to hear that folks on here are not only using Macs, but enjoying using them. Very cool.
Never was a fanboy and I really didn't like fawning that Apple got, saw OS X 10.2-3 ? and loved the way it looked. After I bought my first mac I was sold and have since could be in the same category as a "fanboy". As much as I'm able to do with the mac I'm still scratching the surface.
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Thanks for the tip Brain. I didn't know that.
No problem Gray

Last edited by habu; 11/13/09 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11/13/09, 03:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That was f*cking cool
I agree! A little unfinished and rough around the edges (here and there) but major talent on display.
Old 11/13/09, 04:18 PM
Post *****

No problem Gray
I swear to God that was a typo. It was just my sh1tty typing skills.
Old 11/13/09, 04:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

I swear to God that was a typo. It was just my sh1tty typing skills.
No worries, I thought it was pretty funny. It took TB a year before he stopped doing it.

I cannot type brain without typing brian first and going back and fixing it... some sort of hardwiring I guess
Old 11/13/09, 04:41 PM
Post *****

I've done it before here on purpose for sure, but that time I wasn't even thinking about it. My mind said Brian and my hunt and peck fingers just got out of order.

So how is everyones' cars doing? It seems like all the events of the past are well in the past. We seem to have gotten the kinks out so to speak. I know mine is running well.
Old 11/13/09, 04:44 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My car is still up on jackstands with no motor
Old 11/13/09, 05:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I've done it before here on purpose for sure, but that time I wasn't even thinking about it. My mind said Brian and my hunt and peck fingers just got out of order.

So how is everyones' cars doing? It seems like all the events of the past are well in the past. We seem to have gotten the kinks out so to speak. I know mine is running well.
For me the ROUSH is waiting for me to install all new PVC and other vac lines that I''ll pick up tomorrow at Parts Pro in Costa Mesa (The OC). I have ROUSH: Coilovers coming, front chin spoiler, ROUSH bra, and a TruTrack diff coming in next week or so. I need to arrange an install with either GTR or maybe even Eric Voss of Voss Performance. I need to talk to these people and schedual a date & time. I may consider Chicane for the 373's install if he can complete the job in one day. That would also include Axle shafts and the TruTrac diff. Joe at Chicane has a $400.00 deal until the end of the year for FRP 373 gears and install.

Last edited by JedCranium; 11/13/09 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11/13/09, 05:39 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Joe at Chicane has a $400.00 deal until the end of the year for FRP 373 gears and install.
That's a good deal!

I paid $300 cash under the table to a Ford mechanic here and that didn't include any parts.

I keep having to put my stang on a battery tender. If I don't drive it for a week it won't start. And that's with the Optima battery. I guess I need to check the new alternator.

And I have noticed some oil in the hole where the number one spark plug goes on the passenger side. It's directly beneath the breather I put on the passenger valve cover. Plus theres a mess of oil residue in the area. Driver's side is perfectly fine.
Old 11/13/09, 06:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That's a good deal!

I paid $300 cash under the table to a Ford mechanic here and that didn't include any parts.

I keep having to put my stang on a battery tender. If I don't drive it for a week it won't start. And that's with the Optima battery. I guess I need to check the new alternator.

And I have noticed some oil in the hole where the number one spark plug goes on the passenger side. It's directly beneath the breather I put on the passenger valve cover. Plus theres a mess of oil residue in the area. Driver's side is perfectly fine.
Ya my car is on constant life support with a Batt Tender too. I have an Optima and it doesn't seen to make a difference. I did install a 150 amp alternator and I think I get consistent charging even at idle rpm's.
Old 11/13/09, 06:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Like I said, it's NO problem, LOL. In fact the dental hygenist (couldn't they have found someone less homely ??) put Brain on the appointment book yesterday after work and we joked about it. I've had paychecks made out to Brain (yes I have to seriously think about typing that right), in my book it's all good, even if I poke fun at it once in awhile.

Car... well for me, the pulley/belt/mystery startup squeak is gone. Haven't even popped the hood, so I'm happy for that. The F*&king suspension popping still happens. I know it's the f*&king end-links. I want to wait another week before I try looking at them again. Honestly don't know what else it can be.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
For me the ROUSH is waiting for me to install all new PVC and other vac lines that I''ll pick up tomorrow at Parts Pro in Costa Mesa (The OC). I have ROUSH: Coilovers coming, front chin spoiler, ROUSH bra, and a TruTrack diff coming in next week or so. I need to arrange an install with either GTR or maybe even Eric Voss of Voss Performance. I need to talk to these people and schedual a date & time. I may consider Chicane for the 373's install if he can complete the job in one day. That would also include Axle shafts and the TruTrac diff. Joe at Chicane has a $400.00 deal until the end of the year for FRP 373 gears and install.
OMG you're gonna put non ROUSH parts on your car what will the neighbors say

That's a good deal!

I left mine completely alone while I was in Pismo beach and Wash DC, both times about a week without touching the car. No problems starting it on the eighth day, no battery tender
(of course I just jinxed myself)
Old 11/13/09, 07:51 PM
Post *****

Did anyone see the LCA's that came off a s197 in another thread here. I can't quite remember who or where, but they had a squeaking problem and when he pulled the LCA out part of the bushing was just worn away. I think Strano said it was because that brand, BMR, was not an offset LCA like the Steedas and others. It was nasty looking though.
Old 11/13/09, 08:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OMG you're gonna put non ROUSH parts on your car what will the neighbors say
We are the neighbors. He'll just use the bra to cover it all up.
Old 11/13/09, 08:19 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
happy 30000!
Old 11/13/09, 09:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
happy 30000!
Wow, I didn't see that because i was looking at page 1500 ( now 1501).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)