General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/08, 08:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Leo was right. Going back to work today sucks.

This is the week that'll determine which direction I'll take on getting past the head issue.

Not sure why, but I'm kinda at peace with the whole situation now. My new outlook.. it'll get done when it's done.
Old 7/7/08, 09:47 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that's a good mood set, there's nothing you can really do to make it go quicker, so let them deal with it, now that you know they're actually working on it
Old 7/7/08, 11:32 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody want to buy a White 560-HP 2006 Mustang GT Convertible in 9 months??

Old 7/7/08, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
that's a good mood set, there's nothing you can really do to make it go quicker, so let them deal with it, now that you know they're actually working on it
Thanks David.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Going to buy something new Tom?
Old 7/7/08, 01:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Poor Jed, no more 1024x768 photos. They can still be posted but looks like we have to click on each one individually to see them full size.
Old 7/7/08, 02:07 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Poor Jed, no more 1024x768 photos. They can still be posted but looks like we have to click on each one individually to see them full size.
darn... what a shame!
Old 7/7/08, 02:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No Iphone for me. Called Sprint and they wanted $400 to get out of the contract. Tried downgrading to the cheapest plan but it would still run $50 a month. Looks like I'll have to wait till Jan 09 when my contract expires.

Good news is I got "NFL Superfan" ($100 HD add on to NFL Sunday ticket) for free for the second year in a row. Called up and complained that it should be included with the Sunday ticket and they offered it to me free of charge.
Old 7/7/08, 02:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Where did you read that? Is that a new TMS guideline?

The 1024 Bandit aka Jed

I just went back to see some past 1024 posts, there maybe a work around if it goes by file size. If not the click option is not to bad.

1024 lives on!

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 7/7/08 at 02:21 PM.
Old 7/7/08, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys, I'm about to paint my street scene bumper in a couple of day and I was wondering how many paint and clear coats should be required? The body shop said said he can do as many as I want but he will just charge more. How much do you guys recommend?
Old 7/7/08, 03:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Baby on the way?
Old 7/7/08, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
Baby on the way?
If so, it'll be Tom +3. So no need to dump the Stang... unless its twins!

Typical Tom1.. drops a question, then doesn't answer for a couple days.
Old 7/7/08, 05:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Leo was right. Going back to work today sucks.

This is the week that'll determine which direction I'll take on getting past the head issue.

Not sure why, but I'm kinda at peace with the whole situation now. My new outlook.. it'll get done when it's done.
That's a good attitude, it going to get done!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
No Iphone for me. Called Sprint and they wanted $400 to get out of the contract. Tried downgrading to the cheapest plan but it would still run $50 a month. Looks like I'll have to wait till Jan 09 when my contract expires.

Good news is I got "NFL Superfan" ($100 HD add on to NFL Sunday ticket) for free for the second year in a row. Called up and complained that it should be included with the Sunday ticket and they offered it to me free of charge.
sucks on the Iphone, I got some news back from saleen, the racecraft 420 is replacing the sleeper but the good news is you will be able to buy one in black

On the mustang topic... I found out that I don't have a speed limiter, was deep into 155-160 on the speedo, don't know how accurate it was. but it was fun.

Vegas in three days

Last edited by USMC0341; 7/7/08 at 05:28 PM.
Old 7/7/08, 05:46 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Baby on the way?
Somebody caught the 9 months reference.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
If so, it'll be Tom +3. So no need to dump the Stang... unless its twins!
Typical Tom1.. drops a question, then doesn't answer for a couple days.
Remember back when her job changed from family owned to corporate? Well, everything was fine for awhile, but things are going down hill now. They would love to get rid of her and hire 2 people for what they are paying her. So, she'll tell them tomorrow about the pregnancy and she'll have them for 9-months+. They won't be able to touch her since it's a federal law. Figure we'll use them for a year, get her paid maternity leave... then when she goes back she'll put in her notice.

She doesn't want to NOT work, but she'll have something less demanding with much less pay. So, I figure I'll keep the 'vert for about 9 months, sell it on eBay, pay it off, and buy something that I won't want to dump this much money into. I'll still have the '89 for shows.

--------------------

iPhone... we have a big software update coming soon... even for us non-3G people.

Last edited by 89Trooper; 7/7/08 at 05:50 PM.
Old 7/7/08, 06:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Somebody caught the 9 months reference.

She doesn't want to NOT work, but she'll have something less demanding with much less pay. So, I figure I'll keep the 'vert for about 9 months, sell it on eBay, pay it off, and buy something that I won't want to dump this much money into. I'll still have the '89 for shows.

------
I knew what you meant about the 9 months, but I was at work and couldn't respond.
If you are serious...
Maybe we can talk my buddy over in Springhill into buying it.
He has an '89 white vert he bought brand new.
He should be due for another one by now and he keeps telling me he can afford it.
Then you could still visit it.
Old 7/7/08, 07:18 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by karman
I knew what you meant about the 9 months, but I was at work and couldn't respond.
If you are serious...
Maybe we can talk my buddy over in Springhill into buying it.
He has an '89 white vert he bought brand new.
He should be due for another one by now and he keeps telling me he can afford it.
Then you could still visit it.
I just don't know what to sell it for. That's why I have to sell it on eBay... no way could I get any of my money back if I traded it in.

But in PERFECT condition with 23000 miles... nary a ding or scratch... and a GT... and a Convertible... and with a turbo... and with 560 HP... not to mention all the other mods... I think people on eBay will eat it up and bid themselves to death.

I won't get all my money back for the things I did, but I know I'll get quite a bit of it.
Old 7/7/08, 07:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats Tom. So is this kid number 2 or 3?
Old 7/7/08, 08:18 PM

You called it Tom. You said yourself that the 06 vert wasn't planned for the long haul.

At least you can enjoy it for another 9 months.
Old 7/7/08, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Vegas in three days
I'm jealous!

Have fun out there George. Don't forget, we need to see party pics!
Old 7/7/08, 11:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Tom !!!

Hope you don't have to loose the 'stang, but family is more important... I guess LOL

Have a great time in Vegas George. Looks like great weather by then.

Sorry I missed out on Sat. nite. NASCAR is one reason, but it's the first weekend to get my **** together and really get packing for the move. No BCMC meeting, R&R nothing. I have to get everything ready to go b-4 the end of the month. So I spent most of the day boxing. My Excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Old 7/8/08, 12:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Warning rant alert

New job sucks donkey b's. Tomorrow will be my 5th day there and I've only worked about full hour. Believe it or not you can only surf the internet at work for so long before it get's boring. Then I come home to an empty house since the wife's away. Had I not gone to Hawthorne this weekend I'd probably have gone crazy from major boredom right now.

Entertained myself today by picking up a replacment bulb for my right tailight as well as oil and filter for the upcoming oil change. After that started watching episodes of a new show on Showtime called Diary of Callgirl. Sounds gay but actually pretty entertaining. Plus the chick is easy on the eyes.

I'm hoping the the leather boot arrives tomorrow so I can spend the afternoon working on the car. Not sure why I bothered typing all this. Can't even use drinking as an excuse because I'm 100% sober. I guess I just needed to vent and had nobody to actually vent to.

Have you ever had a bunch of things you could be doing but for ever reason you choose to do nothing even though your bored out of your mind? Like today for example I could've gone and watched a movie, went to a bar, played video games, go for a run, anything but for some reason you choose nothing. Why is that?

Little story about something that pissed me off today. I was pulling out of Walmart and in the parking lot I had a stop and the person directly in front of me has a stop. The other person coming from my right doesn't. So I'm sitting there stopped waiting for the other person that's stopped to go. Well he can't go because the idiot that doesn't have a stop is sitting there waitng for either of us to go. So were all at a stand still for a few seconds. The idiot that has the right of way and should of never stopped finally decided to go, and as he's passing by me he's giving me this look like I'm the idiot for not going. I swear I wanted to kill the bastard. Nothing pisses me off more than when people that are in the wrong try to act as if your the one that's f'ed up.

Wow this is probably my most random post ever. You know what though it felt good throwing it all out there.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 7/8/08 at 01:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)