General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/08, 07:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Mudflaps are gay unless you have a truck.
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Big ones, yes... but the ones on the GT-500 aren't gay.

Yeah they're still gay. They're just little gay as opposed to big gay.
Originally Posted by habu
I have some catching up to do but IMO mud flaps are not teh ghey for the purpose you are using them for. Leave 'em on all the time and yeah I'd tend to agree.
My car is officially gay according to POTR
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-frame.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-2005-mustang-028.jpg  

Last edited by mikes rx; 4/28/08 at 07:10 PM.
Old 4/28/08, 07:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikes rx
Great, my car is officially gay according to POTR
it's easy for us to say it, we don't have real elements like the rest of the country to deal with. If it was sunny and it rained maybe 10 days out of the year, would you have mud flaps ?
Old 4/28/08, 07:14 PM
GTR Member

Big ones, yes... but the ones on the GT-500 aren't gay.
Those aren't big, so I didn't technically call your car gay. Are those made to fit? Or did you have to customize them?
Old 4/28/08, 07:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK I take it back in your case. Only because your state actually has a winter. Anyone else that doesn't get atleast 2 months of rain or snow is gay for having mudflaps.

While were on the topic of what's gay on a Mustang (Bad weather states are the only exception)....
Car Bras
Bug deflector
Vent visors http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=48641

Gay Driver
gloves (especially if they're cut at the first knuckle. Sorry the 80's have come and gone.)
bluetool ear piece
Old 4/28/08, 08:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

2,000th post
Old 4/28/08, 09:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

OK I take it back in your case. Only because your state actually has a winter. Anyone else that doesn't get atleast 2 months of rain or snow is gay for having mudflaps.

While were on the topic of what's gay on a Mustang (Bad weather states are the only exception)....
Car Bras
Bug deflector

Gay Driver
gloves (especially if they're cut at the first knuckle. Sorry the 80's have come and gone.)
bluetool ear piece
So says Leo....
Gloves are ok if you're wearing a muscle-t, didn't you get the memo ?

Bluetool..... you're gonna have to get used to this one because it's law in July (yes I hate them too).

Originally Posted by JonCo
2,000th post

CONGRATS Jon !!!!

So Cal peeps....
Irwindale, Thursday anyone game ?? Luis ??
Old 4/28/08, 09:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
SoCal Crew....I've heard good things about this hot dog place, maybe we could check it out Anyone go here? Jed?
Never went here but you know me let's check it out. If the hot dog is so so we have beer to make it better!

Jed
Old 4/28/08, 09:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Buy the blue Steedas for like $200 shipped from Brenspeed.

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/suspension.html
Why those over the BMR billet LCA's they sell?

No one really answered my question on whats the difference in billet and tubular or other styles? I obviously want the least amount, if any, squeeks. Come to think of I may hold off untill i can research more. I'm really tempted into getting the d-specs this week. I wonder if CR will still honor the old group buy price. If he does I may very well buy.
Old 4/28/08, 09:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Why those over the BMR billet LCA's they sell?

No one really answered my question on whats the difference in billet and tubular or other styles? I obviously want the least amount, if any, squeeks. Come to think of I may hold off untill i can research more. I'm really tempted into getting the d-specs this week. I wonder if CR will still honor the old group buy price. If he does I may very well buy.
I've got the tubulars and have been in Leo's, BMRs but not Bill's post-LCA install... Don't know the difference. I can't imagine that it would be that much different. The squeek is going to be a result of the bushings and ability to grease them. The CHEs say they don't need to be greased, they do not squeek but we'll see.

How's that for ambiguity ??
Old 4/28/08, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Car Bras
Bug deflector
Plus they create drag. Not good.
Old 4/28/08, 09:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I've got the tubulars and have been in Leo's, BMRs but not Bill's post-LCA install... Don't know the difference. I can't imagine that it would be that much different. The squeek is going to be a result of the bushings and ability to grease them. The CHEs say they don't need to be greased, they do not squeek but we'll see.

How's that for ambiguity ??
Cause from just tubular to billet is nearly $100 more. I mean if theres good reason then I'm all for billet but if not why pay extra. So how do you like your LCA's? Do they squeek alot or anything?
Old 4/28/08, 10:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cause from just tubular to billet is nearly $100 more. I mean if theres good reason then I'm all for billet but if not why pay extra. So how do you like your LCA's? Do they squeek alot or anything?
No squeek at all. I like them quite a bit, but how they would be over billet ???? I dunno.
Old 4/28/08, 11:03 PM
Cobra Member

I'm in for Thursday

Leo - get down here
Old 4/28/08, 11:48 PM
Cobra R Member

I had a J&M representative tell me there were no real performance benefits of billet over tubular. Simply for looks.
Old 4/29/08, 12:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

2,000th post
Congrats.

So says Leo....
Gloves are ok if you're wearing a muscle-t, didn't you get the memo ?

Bluetool..... you're gonna have to get used to this one because it's law in July (yes I hate them too).

Originally Posted by superfly s197
I'm in for Thursday

Leo - get down here
I wish I could.

Originally Posted by kh765
I had a J&M representative tell me there were no real performance benefits of billet over tubular. Simply for looks.
I'd believe that.
Old 4/29/08, 04:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Those aren't big, so I didn't technically call your car gay. Are those made to fit? Or did you have to customize them?
No customization....the car came with them from the factory. (they're the OEM mudflaps)

it's easy for us to say it, we don't have real elements like the rest of the country to deal with. If it was sunny and it rained maybe 10 days out of the year, would you have mud flaps ?
Y'all think I drive my car in that weather.

Seriously though, my car is actually more of a cruiser, which is why they're still on the car. They do a very nice job at keeping road crap and tire shine from being flung onto the bumper.

Last edited by mikes rx; 4/29/08 at 04:40 AM.
Old 4/29/08, 05:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

No squeek at all. I like them quite a bit, but how they would be over billet ???? I dunno.
Originally Posted by kh765
Hmm, then I might just get the BMR tubular when it goes down to it. Can't beat its price of about $130
Old 4/29/08, 05:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
hahahaha, mine too... I have those same ones... But just wait until Leo gets those drag radials on and heads to the track. He'll find out why I leave my mud flaps on year 'round- and it ain't for snow, stones, or mud.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Never went here but you know me let's check it out. If the hot dog is so so we have beer to make it better!

Jed
Nice avatar.
Old 4/29/08, 07:07 AM
GTR Member

I like those oem flaps. We have more than 2 months of rain in Florida so they wouldn't be gay.
Old 4/29/08, 07:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hmm, then I might just get the BMR tubular when it goes down to it. Can't beat its price of about $130
Do it. I got my BMR's and they've been squeak free.

Originally Posted by tom281
hahahaha, mine too... I have those same ones... But just wait until Leo gets those drag radials on and heads to the track. He'll find out why I leave my mud flaps on year 'round- and it ain't for snow, stones, or mud.
That's why I'm getting that seran wrap looking stuff. Cause I know that rubber flies everywhere on the rear of the car not just the area where the mudflaps are.

Got my shipping info on the rims. According to Fedex they'll be here Friday. So I'm hoping to get them mounted on the wheels that same day.

Qualcomm runs this Friday so I might go and make a few runs for run. Of cousre this all depends on Fedex delivering my rims.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)