General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/08, 01:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Not putting down what you guys are doing. I'm just saying where does it end? It's more about the $$$$ after the blower than the money for the blower. Seems like once you get the blower it's an endless money pit that follows. Then again If I was a big baller like you I'd probably be doing the same thing.
I totally understand what you're saying. I ask myself that question alot. But then the devil angel comes over and *****-slaps the little angel of reason.

From my perspective, I'm just about at the end. I'll go forged for being safe and the security that if I wanted to set the car up for kill on the track I can. After that I really don't know what I would want. I mean I do but not to this car. As far as appearance mods, little things here and there, but again I'm **** near done.

The argument about where does it stop could have been used at any point, billet caps, hood struts, wheels, tires, LCAs, Stripes....

It's done when you are comfortable with you're car. If that is where you are, then you have my support. Just stop worrying about it and enjoy your car, we just went a different direction.
Old 4/22/08, 01:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superfly s197
I think we have a hater

Look at how long Jed/Tom have gone with no need for forged. Brian is planning to do it for precaution. Jed is doing it to be top dog again Tom... Well, who knows. He's already gone through two blowers

I'm sure you want to come to the darkside... It will only be a matter of time...

I'm just giving you a hard time Leo. I have always wanted to go blower. Its always been more about when then why.
Hey I'm doing it for protection too the stang is a long time keeper for me. You know as long as nothing castastropic happens. Being top dog is secondary, I think the new level is 600 RWHP for me. That's my new goal, an increase after that leads to more moding plus you can only go so far on Cali juice. I'm not ready to look into exotic fuels, not this year anyway! Alcohol injection maybe an option as an 91 octain assist. Hey it's good for the body maybe good for the ROUSH?

Jed
Old 4/22/08, 01:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
I totally understand what you're saying. I ask myself that question alot. But then the devil angel comes over and *****-slaps the little angel of reason.

From my perspective, I'm just about at the end. I'll go forged for being safe and the security that if I wanted to set the car up for kill on the track I can. After that I really don't know what I would want. I mean I do but not to this car. As far as appearance mods, little things here and there, but again I'm **** near done.

The argument about where does it stop could have been used at any point, billet caps, hood struts, wheels, tires, LCAs, Stripes....

It's done when you are comfortable with you're car. If that is where you are, then you have my support. Just stop worrying about it and enjoy your car, we just went a different direction.
Well said Brian! Your quite the diplomate I love that part about ***** -slap! OUCH!

Jed
Old 4/22/08, 01:38 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
yeah, I'd modify a Z06, without doubt, put twin turbo's on it!
Old 4/22/08, 02:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I think once I'm back on the road with my current setup, I'm pretty much done as far as the engine performance mods. Sure, I could add an aftercooler and such, but I really like the way the non-cooled with Canton tanks look. I did not see 1 car at knotts set up like mine with a Shaker, Cantons, MWAG, etc. I believe my setup is unique and you won't find one like it (unless I have stalkers from the forums).

As far as other mods, I still need new wheel & tires, maybe a new rear spoiler, adj. PHB, big brakes, and ultimately painted stripes. (which probably could've ALL been done with the motor rebuild money! .... how's that for a poke in the eye.)
Old 4/22/08, 02:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey Bill that other company is LNR Engines in Santa Fe Springs 1-562-802-0443 talk to Derrick if you call them.

Jed
Old 4/22/08, 03:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Good going Luis.. you just jinxed them!

If that's true, then Luis was referring to Jed and Tom1.

Really it's like anything else- it's all about choice. You make the decisions on what you want to do, then you do it. It's that simple. Why am I looking at going with forged internals? It's not because I'm uber worried about blowing the engine however forged internals will pretty much prevent that from happening......but more because I knew after getting blown that it would be the next logical step. So, it's now about choice again- do I want to do it, when, how, etc.
Old 4/22/08, 03:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
diplomat, me ?? no way.

see, let me show you.

Bill... you are absolutely crazy if after all of this you don't go intercooled. I'm not talking about performance gains, as you do gain that, but just reliability, safety and driveability. We're in a irrigated desert. You know how hot it gets here. A non-intercooled car is just begging for detonation, are you going to stop driving it if it's hot outside ? or if the cruise/trip is too far because the heat-soak will start degrading the performance ? I'm more in the camp of function over looks and the nice & pretty shiny parts are a waste of resources if you can't enjoy you're car.

Leo, if it bugs you we've gone FI I can't change that. I don't look at your car or any NA car any differently than I did before. The blower doesn't make the car, the owner does. Look at the guys from the club we love to h8.... several of them have whipples and they're the last people I'd want to consider equals.

Enough Pontificating....

Leo, when you getting DRs and are you going with the Brenspeed deal. Tom281 and a couple others say the M&H racemaster tires are the ones to get !!!!
Old 4/22/08, 03:42 PM
Cobra R Member

I don't look at your car or any NA car any differently than I did before. The blower doesn't make the car, the owner does. Look at the guys from the club we love to h8.... several of them have whipples and they're the last people I'd want to consider equals.
This is why I especially like POTR (and TMS as a whole, too).

No "I have a supercharger, so I'm god" attitudes here in the POTR . Just down to earth people that appreciate the company of others who share the same interests.

That's the way car clubs and forums SHOULD be, but unfortunately they're typically not.
Old 4/22/08, 03:43 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
No "I have a supercharger, so I'm god" attitudes here in the POTR
You're right Mike... I would never say that.
Old 4/22/08, 03:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
You're right Mike... I would never say that.
How would you, you have a turbo
Old 4/22/08, 03:51 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
How would you, you have a turbo
That's why I would never say that.
Old 4/22/08, 04:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo, if it bugs you we've gone FI I can't change that. I don't look at your car or any NA car any differently than I did before. The blower doesn't make the car, the owner does. Look at the guys from the club we love to h8.... several of them have whipples and they're the last people I'd want to consider equals.

Leo, when you getting DRs and are you going with the Brenspeed deal. Tom281 and a couple others say the M&H racemaster tires are the ones to get !!!!
It looks like I gave the impression that I'm against you guys going FI or getting forged internals. That's not what I meant. When I said "you guys are crazy". It wasn't meant as a stupid crazy. It was like a your a good crazy. If that makes any sense. Why would I be against anyone going FI? That's like the most awesome mod you could possibly do. Like I've said time and time again if I had the money for a blower and the money to fix whatever goes wrong then I'd be all over it. I'm just taking into account that even after the 5k for the blower I'd be looking at another 2-3k to go forged internals. Plus whatever parts would eventually fail because of all the power. Which is way out of MY budget.

-------------------

DR's-I may convince myself to do them put at the some point. I'm just scared of breaking the tranny or rear differential. For now I'm sticking to my guns and I'm done with performance mods. I'm happy with the car as is for now.

I know you guys are probably thinking "wow Leo's being a big ***** right now. Worrying about breaking stuff." It's just I'm happy with the car right now and don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with problems that may or may not arise from the added stress of the slicks. As you've seen in the past I don't have the greatest luck with mods. Look how many months I dealt with my ducktail dilema. The car being a daily driver I can't afford for it to sit in a shop or my garage untill I have the $$ to pay for something that breaks.

I'll shut up now. Back to blower and FI talk.
Old 4/22/08, 04:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

[quote=habu;5554433]diplomat, me ?? no way.

see, let me show you.

Bill... you are absolutely crazy if after all of this you don't go intercooled. I'm not talking about performance gains, as you do gain that, but just reliability, safety and driveability. We're in a irrigated desert. You know how hot it gets here. A non-intercooled car is just begging for detonation, are you going to stop driving it if it's hot outside ? or if the cruise/trip is too far because the heat-soak will start degrading the performance ? I'm more in the camp of function over looks and the nice & pretty shiny parts are a waste of resources if you can't enjoy you're car.

[quote]

I agree with you there Brian, Bill there must be a way to get beauty and the beast in your bay? That added protection of the intercooler is peace of mind. I know this is a question of your's to your next engine/builded-installer. I'd hate to see or come close to seeing a repeat occurance that might end the mustang fun. Brian for me I'm kind of a bling but performance guy, and as you know there's not right answer to this. We all have our tastes and situations where the funds need to go, family, rent etc. All this is a personnel priority we have to make. Like you if I had to hang around just with the guy's & gal's I've met (Ashley) on TMS or at the show's without the "Stang" no diffrences; I am in great company!

I love a brew and a good fishing story! Life is good

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 4/22/08 at 04:29 PM.
Old 4/22/08, 04:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So I was going to take delievery of my car. But a leak arose which he said wasn't a big deal. Quick stop at the local auto shop and it would be fixed. He was wrapping up the install and a spark plug broke off into the cylinder... He said there's a TSB on the plugs. He said He's going to try and get it without having to remove the heads but he may have to. He'd let me know of the additional cost involved.

Is he "OK" in doing that? Passing on the cost to me? Or is that something I can dissagree with or do I not have a choice since my car is in his hands? Hopefully its done tomorrow... At this point I just want my car back.
Old 4/22/08, 04:32 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
if he broke them, he should pay for them, especially since they were the stock plugs, and definately if he knew about the TSB
Old 4/22/08, 04:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
So I was going to take delievery of my car. But a leak arose which he said wasn't a big deal. Quick stop at the local auto shop and it would be fixed. He was wrapping up the install and a spark plug broke off into the cylinder... He said there's a TSB on the plugs. He said He's going to try and get it without having to remove the heads but he may have to. He'd let me know of the additional cost involved.

Is he "OK" in doing that? Passing on the cost to me? Or is that something I can dissagree with or do I not have a choice since my car is in his hands? Hopefully its done tomorrow... At this point I just want my car back.
I'd probably suggest to him that there shouldn't be any cost. With that said if it was going to turn into a big deal and keep me from getting my car back I'd just bite the bullet assuming he's not asking for some rediculous amount.
Old 4/22/08, 04:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'll hear from him tomorrow...

What I dont want is this spark plug thing turning into some major labor cost. I dont mind if its cheap... But if its a couple hundred I dont see how I should have to pay. I mean its part of doing the job right? If you brake it you buy it type of deal? I dunno... At this point I just want my car back.
Old 4/22/08, 04:55 PM
Cobra Member

I don't think you should have to pay a dime. He broke it. He knew about the tsb.

Leo - if you're happy with the car, then that's all that matters. It's a hell of a ride

Jed - I agree. This potr crew goes way deeper than mustangs. Hence Pinks! Friday nights. No mustangs needed for a crazy time.
Old 4/22/08, 05:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I know you guys are probably thinking "wow Leo's being a big ***** right now. Worrying about breaking stuff." It's just I'm happy with the car right now and don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with problems that may or may not arise from the added stress of the slicks. As you've seen in the past I don't have the greatest luck with mods. Look how many months I dealt with my ducktail dilema. The car being a daily driver I can't afford for it to sit in a shop or my garage untill I have the $$ to pay for something that breaks.
Hardly, just acting reasonably. If you don't have the money or resources to properly go FI, then you shouldn't do it. If you can't fix it, you have no business doing it in the first place. I couldn't agree more.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)