General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 4/9/08, 02:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Finally found some detailed pics on the Shelby CS 69 wheels in chrome.

Any final thoughts about them? I'm open to all suggestions.
I thought the "chrome" ones were completly chrome. Either way I like them. Do I like them more than the Bullit's? No. But Since your trying to get away from the bullits then I'd say that's a good option.

If I ever change my rims I'm going to go for a setup like Dan's. Black Bullits with a polished deep dish.

Only reason for not switching to Dan's setup is that it's a more "modern" look as opposed to the retro theme I've got going. That and I already bought new tires. Although they would still fit the new rims.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/9/08 at 02:37 PM.
Old 4/9/08, 02:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the input fellas. Looks like positive responses on the chrome CS69's.

Leo- It may be a good thing that it's not entirely chromed, it's kinda like the Razors where a little contrast brings out the wheel.

On the Vortech front...

First start can be as early as tomorrow afternoon.
BAP will not be hooked up for this initial start-up and idle check. Our plan is to let it idle for at least 5 minutes and then shut her down and check for any issues, if any.

If all is good, BAP install will commence on Thursday, then onto gauges on Friday and Saturday.

I'll video tape the start-up using my camcorder but won't be able to post it til tomorrow night (I could use my Point & Shoot for video, but quality isn't that good).

I can only hope to be half as excited as this girl.
Old 4/9/08, 03:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the input fellas. Looks like positive responses on the chrome CS69's.

Leo- It may be a good thing that it's not entirely chromed, it's kinda like the Razors where a little contrast brings out the wheel.

On the Vortech front...

First start can be as early as tomorrow afternoon.
BAP will not be hooked up for this initial start-up and idle check. Our plan is to let it idle for at least 5 minutes and then shut her down and check for any issues, if any.

If all is good, BAP install will commence on Thursday, then onto gauges on Friday and Saturday.

I'll video tape the start-up using my camcorder but won't be able to post it til tomorrow night (I could use my Point & Shoot for video, but quality isn't that good).

If it was entirely chromed it'd be way too much, IMO

I do not understand the reasoning for not hooking up the BAP, I get the check for leaks thing, but what harm would having the BAP running be ? At the same time, because it's boost, you won't get an completely accurate measure of how the car will be because you're not boosting while it's sitting there at idle.

Not criticizing, just trying to understand the logic.

If I could watch yootoob at work, I bet that is a funny link. stoopid network.
Old 4/9/08, 03:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
I do not understand the reasoning for not hooking up the BAP, I get the check for leaks thing, but what harm would having the BAP running be ?
Well, here's our logic (or ill-logic )... Under idle, the stock fuel pump will meet the demands of the engine without any problems. This primary idle check is just to verify the integrity of the install, from coolant pressurization, power steering fluid, fuel line fittings, vacuum lines, etc.
Also, it will isolate any issues we find as not the cause of the BAP.

Once it passes the initial start check and the BAP gets installed, the final check will be the drivability (aka. boost) of the system.

I know this process sounds overkill, and maybe it is, but I need any issues to be solved and fixed by this Saturday or else it throws off my schedule from Sunday all the way to the Knotts show.

Makes any sense? Or am I ???
Old 4/9/08, 03:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, here's our logic (or ill-logic )... Under idle, the stock fuel pump will meet the demands of the engine without any problems. This primary idle check is just to verify the integrity of the install, from coolant pressurization, power steering fluid, fuel line fittings, vacuum lines, etc.
Also, it will isolate any issues we find as not the cause of the BAP.

Once it passes the initial start check and the BAP gets installed, the final check will be the drivability (aka. boost) of the system.

I know this process sounds overkill, and maybe it is, but I need any issues to be solved and fixed by this Saturday or else it throws off my schedule from Sunday all the way to the Knotts show.

Makes any sense? Or am I ???
No it makes sense, once you spelled it out. Eliminate the variable of the BAP from your testing and validate the install. Once validated introduce the variable (BAP) and re-check. I wasn't thinking along those lines, but it does make sense. Especially if it could skew the whole week off.....

Hopefully it all goes well and a Wednesday showing is in store
Old 4/9/08, 03:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Love the wheels Bill, they look nicer than I thought!

She is also a member of BCMC and won first place with that a pink monstrosity at a queen mary show. I took my picture with her and once Jasmin found out she was a **** star she flipped the hell out
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-qm10027.jpg  
Old 4/9/08, 05:07 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by kh765
From last weekend's show...

holy crap...those seats!

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Love the wheels Bill, they look nicer than I thought!

She is also a member of BCMC and won first place with that a pink monstrosity at a queen mary show. I took my picture with her and once Jasmin found out she was a **** star she flipped the hell out
haha, when I first saw that video, I saw it with a buddy of mine, he goes "that girl looks familiar, I recognize her from somewhere" then we saw the description, and laughed our @sses off!

Personally, Id rather see a purple one before a pink one
Old 4/9/08, 05:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

NP. I just remember showing you a pic of those a while back and you saying the one's you were getting were all chrome. I prefer the one's you posted better than an all chrome version.
Old 4/9/08, 05:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Can someone please photoshop this pic. Please put a an all white background or someother color that would look cool. Thanks for the awesome looking pic Jed. Aside for the $$$ camera why do yours and rays pics always look so dam good. You guys seem to get the greatest angles.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/9/08 at 05:40 PM.
Old 4/9/08, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill- The difference between Stock and A47. (Good comparison pic Jed.)
Old 4/9/08, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey guys, thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing. Been going back to my roots and hanging out mainly in tech again.... did manage to run a 11.8 @ 119 last weekend finally.

Leo, paint those mirrors yet?

Bill, got the blower done yet?

Brian, got the Whipple yet?

Luis, what new mods have you ordered? Don't tell me nothing....

And "hello" to everyone else.
Old 4/9/08, 06:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
It happens in Alabama for some reason(dry state back then).
Actually, parts of it still are.

Sorry Ray, it was a literally a last minute gig. You've got advance notice for Friday's Kings Head though.

Looking forward to Kings Head. Maybe I'll try that banger and mash thing this time.
I hope to see you there Ray!
Bangers and Mash is ok.. Do they have Steak and Kidney pie? I will have to see if they can beat the Fiddlers Rest in Wintergarden, FL... They have the best fish and chips on this side of the pond!
It was great to meet everyone last night! I wish I could have gotten off earlier. Today was a bust as the customer still wasn't ready to run and 4 am came dang early and now I get to do that all over again. So it looks like I might be here til Monday now. On a positive note they won't be running Sunday so I won't be working either.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I about flipped when I saw that P-51 Mustang! That's my favorite of all the aftermarket Stangs!
It was ok... I like the PJ the best and it was nice to see Georges.

Finally found some detailed pics on the Shelby CS 69 wheels in chrome. Any final thoughts about them? I'm open to all suggestions.
They look great.... there is also another one besided the black... it is more like the anthricite and I like that as well.
Old 4/9/08, 06:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Hey guys, thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing. Been going back to my roots and hanging out mainly in tech again.... did manage to run a 11.8 @ 119 last weekend finally.

Leo, paint those mirrors yet?

Bill, got the blower done yet?

Brian, got the Whipple yet?

Luis, what new mods have you ordered? Don't tell me nothing....

And "hello" to everyone else.
Nope no paint for me. They look good without. I thought I'd be painting them at first but since they have a satin finish already I think looks good. Unlike my Chin Spoiler which had an unfinished look to it before paint. If my car was any other color I'd probably paint them. Exception being if I had a PJ. With that said I reserve the right to change my mind and paint them later on down the road.
Old 4/9/08, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Nope no paint for me. They look good without. I thought I'd be painting them at first but since they have a satin finish already I think looks good. Unlike my Chin Spoiler which had an unfinished look to it before paint. If my car was any other color I'd probably paint them. Exception being if I had a PJ. With that said I reserve the right to change my mind and paint them later on down the road.
Your mirrors look great the way they are.

And thanks for the compliments on the wheels earlier.
Old 4/9/08, 07:51 PM
Cobra Member

My sponsor! Long time no see.

Latest mods: agent 47 mirrors.

Mods coming up: CDC ducktail spoiler. *crossing fingers* I'm hoping to have it by knotts. Don't really want to put paint on such a short notice though.
Old 4/9/08, 08:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by superfly s197

Mods coming up: CDC ducktail spoiler. *crossing fingers* I'm hoping to have it by knotts. Don't really want to put paint on such a short notice though.

mirrors are cool

CDC ducktail is awesome! Two thumbs up for that one.
Old 4/9/08, 09:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
holy crap...those seats!
I'll give it to Roush. I love the seats they have in their SEs.
Old 4/9/08, 09:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197

Luis Luis! Hey your next mod is C & L CAI remember performance over looks makes a happy man Did you call ????? for a Tune?

Jed
Old 4/9/08, 09:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Exclusive... New Wheels Debut....

I have decided to premier the new wheels on my ride only for POTR

There was a little panic, stress, frantic phone calls, cussing under my breath and finally relief. The wheels arrived Monday but no Tires... They *would be in today*..... Around 4:15 I got the call that they'd be at the installer @ 6. I arrived about the same time the tires did so I had to wait longer than I expected.

But I believe the POTR crew will like them as much as I do. If I have any criticism I'd say the rear should have been bigger as they're a little smaller than I expected.

Without further ado

Here.....

They....

Are ....

Could only post one right now, but as soon as I get more up to photobucket I'll post 'em

I'll have more posted once I get them off my phone
Old 4/9/08, 09:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Actually, parts of it still are.

I hope to see you there Ray!

Bangers and Mash is ok.. Do they have Steak and Kidney pie? I will have to see if they can beat the Fiddlers Rest in Wintergarden, FL... They have the best fish and chips on this side of the pond!
John check out this link on Kings Head

Hey Thursday my B-Day if you want to buy me a drink I will accept the offer and will take future offers as well! Ray are you joining us hope to see you; maybe we should group in the SBay?

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 4/9/08 at 09:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)