General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/08, 11:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I can't see the pics which is probably a good thing. Sorry hear about your accident. Hope your all right. So since I can't see the pics is it just some bumper damage or is one side of the car all messed up?
Pretty much the entire Passenger side is damaged. LOL

Front and rear facsia, front & rear qtr panels, passenger door & both passenger side wheels.
In fact half the rotor, hub and studs are still attached to the rear wheel, which came off, I'm assuming when I hit the wall.
Old 1/14/08, 11:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Pretty much the entire Passenger side is damaged. LOL

Front and rear facsia, front & rear qtr panels, passenger door & both passenger side wheels.
In fact half the rotor, hub and studs are still attached to the rear wheel, which came off, I'm assuming when I hit the wall.
Not for sure if they will total it or not, depends on the extent of damage and if there is any frame damage.
A friend of mine that works at the Body Shop that will be doing the repair, said at first glance guestimation that it was around $10k in dmg.
Old 1/14/08, 11:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by philster2003
We should change this thread to SoCal on the Run, like Tom said when you guys are here its total kaos and when your gone its quiet as a mouse.

Nice pics though, nice NAV unit George, how did you get by the speed error? I'm with Brian I've got both eyes on the NAV unit.

Like the tires Leo, the tread pattern is totally cool. Oh, whats up with the comment about Eli, geez some of us NY fans could take that totally wrong. HA

You know whats cool is everyone there has a unique Mustang, everytime I see Ray's I like it more and more!
Thank you kind sir. It's nice that there is a lot of diversity in our cars.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I'm of to MacWorld this morning crusin up to SFO in the Highlander. Coverage of the event to follow, along with senic views of the Napa Valley. I won't do a Salt Flats run this time in the Highlander I need stuts & shocks all around Ray and I usually do this trip but I'll be flying solo this time next year Ray!
Jed
Try to have fun without me Jed.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Leo, George, Brian & Ray, let's go Whipple and sho these MidWesterners how we roll here in SoCal!
Wow your going to buy one for all of us? Thanks Bill.
Cool!!! Thanks Bill!!!

Hey fellas, it's been awhile. Hope everyone has been doing well.

My Friday afternoon event. PICS

I was getting on the Interstate to go grab some lunch. The people on the On-Ramp came to a complete STOP.

So to avoid them, I saw an opening, accelerated, merged to the middle lane and the *** end came out from underneath it.

I controlled the car well enough to not hit anyone else on the Interstate but me and the retaining wall became real close friends.
Oh Daryl... so sorry. Is that considered a total lose by insurance? You probably wont know for a few days yet. What a bummer.
(Sorry, you posted while I was typing, never mind)

Where is George with his feed back on the installs?!
Probably sleeping, I think he was up for about 48 hours straight.
Old 1/14/08, 11:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

OK guys got an opinion question for you.

If the car is not a total lose and can be repaired, would you keep it, or trade it in on a new one or something different??

Really been having 2nd thoughts about the car now. Will it drive the same? Will I be bugged by the fact that it will always be a wrecked and repaired car? Will I truly be happy with it knowing this?

If it's totaled, do I replace it with another new Mustang or get something more practical for my DD?

God I hate it when I get like this.
Old 1/14/08, 11:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

If the car is not a total lose and can be repaired, would you keep it, or trade it in on a new one or something different??

Really been having 2nd thoughts about the car now. Will it drive the same? Will I be bugged by the fact that it will always be a wrecked and repaired car? Will I truly be happy with it knowing this?

If it's totaled, do I replace it with another new Mustang or get something more practical for my DD?

Trade, no, yes, no, Mustang... You asked and I'm just helpin'. I think you already know those answers.
Old 1/14/08, 11:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Trade, no, yes, no, Mustang....
Old 1/14/08, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Trade, no, yes, no, Mustang... You asked and I'm just helpin'. I think you already know those answers.
Totally agree with Ray, it will never be the same, every!

I've had this happen and I just trade it in, take the loss and start aknew. Get a Bullitt lol
Old 1/14/08, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not for sure if they will total it or not, depends on the extent of damage and if there is any frame damage.
A friend of mine that works at the Body Shop that will be doing the repair, said at first glance guestimation that it was around $10k in dmg.

Wow sorry to hear that. Hopefully they total it out. Either way I say just get another one. Supersnake?
Old 1/14/08, 12:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

After looking at the pics (Thanks Bill) it doesn't look to bad. I say just use this as an excuse to get different front and rear bumpers, hood, and wheels.
Old 1/14/08, 12:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My Friday afternoon event. PICS
Crap Daryl! Sorry about the car man, glad you're okay though.

Repaired.. (without frame/suspension damage) Get painted stripes and 18" wheels and better rubber. Second chance at changing the looks of your car.

Totaled.. (If I were you) I'd consider the Shelby GT. Mild mods and stripes already done. Keeping it stock would be a good DD.
Just don't let us catch you in a new Charger.
Old 1/14/08, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Daryl - welcome to the "my car's not a virgin anymore" club. I'm glad you weren't hurt. I'm also glad it has taken you this long to join the club. (Remember, the hooker hit my car when it was only 2 months old - new rear bumper, then a valet scraped up the front bumper and I had to have it repainted)

So is it too early to ask if you will repair it or replace it? Wow, I am SO sorry to hear that!

Waving at everyone else!
Old 1/14/08, 01:07 PM
GTR Member

Sorry to hear about that, Daryl! Glad you are OK! I know it's hard to realize that that is the most important thing right now.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Just don't let us catch you in a new Charger.
Now, I Challenger would be OK!
Old 1/14/08, 01:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Daryl-- Sorry about the car man! The only thing that matters is that you're OK!!

Wow the MGW feels GREAT! It is a "must have mod"!! The nav worked perfectly, no error messages, a true plug and play mod! This is the guy who I bought mine from, he says guarantees it works or your money back!
FORD-GPS-NAVIGATION-RADIO-ANTENNA-6P-DVD-AM-FM-ADPTR_

It was great hanging out with the gang! Cant wait for next weekend
Old 1/14/08, 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Daryl in my experience, it will be very cut and dry if you fix it- one of two ways:

1) Either you'll fix the car and love it, knowing that you fixed it and the work that went into it both before and after the accident. You'll also likely come out ahead, financially.

2) You'll fix it and hate it..... the thought of knowing it was "wrecked" plays havoc on weak minds (not saying that yours is).... you'll always wonder what would have / could have been.

IMO it all depends on the kind of person you are....... you have to decide this one for yourself. GOOD LUCK.
Old 1/14/08, 03:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Daryl in my experience, it will be very cut and dry if you fix it- one of two ways:

1) Either you'll fix the car and love it, knowing that you fixed it and the work that went into it both before and after the accident. You'll also likely come out ahead, financially.

2) You'll fix it and hate it..... the thought of knowing it was "wrecked" plays havoc on weak minds (not saying that yours is).... you'll always wonder what would have / could have been.

IMO it all depends on the kind of person you are....... you have to decide this one for yourself. GOOD LUCK.
Just got off the phone with the adjuster and he thinks it is a Total Loss.
The repair bill, parts & labor etc does not total enough to make it a Total Loss, but he said the frame was bent, the seams where buckled on both sides of the car and he thought it would never run true again. All this combined he recommends a total loss.
He forwarded this information to his boss and I should have a definite answer by this time tomorrow.
Old 1/14/08, 03:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The repair bill, parts & labor etc does not total enough to make it a Total Loss, but he said the frame was bent, the seams where buckled on both sides of the car and he thought it would never run true again. All this combined he recommends a total loss.
He forwarded this information to his boss and I should have a definite answer by this time tomorrow.
That's good news now go get another stang. Make sure you get your mods back from the totalled one.
Old 1/14/08, 03:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

That's Make sure you get your mods back from the totalled one.
Speaking of this very thing. Am I allowed to go get my modifications off the car such as, Stereo, speakers, amps, CAI, etc etc ??
Old 1/14/08, 04:40 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Bullitt!!!!!!!
Old 1/14/08, 04:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Speaking of this very thing. Am I allowed to go get my modifications off the car such as, Stereo, speakers, amps, CAI, etc etc ??
Can't see why not. The car is totalled, not your mods.
Old 1/14/08, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Well dude if that's the case, then there's no question here- gotta get a new one. You should be completely allowed to keep your mods, unless the insurance company is going to compensate you for them in the loss check...($$). Good luck getting a new car.... hopefully it will be another blue Mustang.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)