General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/07, 06:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Kyle how does one get rid of those nasty warnings.....................

Is it fairly simple or is it a pain
Old 7/6/07, 07:35 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by kh765
I do think I'm going to realign my blackout panel this weekend for sure. Funny how much a fraction of an inch can bother someone as OCD as me.
That would really bother me!
Old 7/6/07, 11:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by philster2003

You know with a wet wrung out cotton cloth & a steam iron give it just a quick shot of steam or heat NOT VERY LONG or youll melt it, that will soften the glue with the sticker that when pulling you will get a good bulk off. This is a method we use to remove wax from a carpet.
Old 7/7/07, 12:25 AM
Cobra R Member

I just let the visor sit in the extremely hot Florida sun for most of the day. Then I went out and started to peel it with a key, and it peeled right off. Took all of about 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
That would really bother me!
Oh, it's been bothering me for a while. I just need a project now, so it's going to be fixed so I can stop worrying about it.
Old 7/7/07, 03:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
stick up a cd visor case to cover it up ?
Old 7/7/07, 04:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
stick up a cd visor case to cover it up ?
Ed is that because it still hasn't got above freexing there in the great white North? Just kidding

Well its raining again, thats now 35 out of the last 39 days and when it rains its usually about 2 inches or more, like yesterday we got a nice 6 inches. The good thang is it never gets out of the 80's when it rains and it never gets below 72
Old 7/7/07, 04:39 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glub.........

Did I mention glub?

Glub.

Have not been able to drive the stang in 2 weeks.
Old 7/7/07, 06:00 PM
GTR Member

We got so much rain yesterday, when I left work I had to drive through the flooded parking lot. It had to be up to the bottom of the doors.
Old 7/7/07, 06:24 PM
Cobra R Member

We got so much rain yesterday, when I left work I had to drive through the flooded parking lot. It had to be up to the bottom of the doors.
Wow, we've finally gotten a break here. Hasn't rained today, and I don't think it rained much yesterday either.

Removed the blackout panel and the sub/amp today. Should have the blackout panel back on tomorrow. Had a heck of a time getting all the wiring out. Getting behind the head unit was a major pita.

Should have some new mod money soon.
Old 7/7/07, 06:36 PM
Cobra R Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...43064114QQrdZ1
Old 7/7/07, 07:41 PM
GTR Member

Love those rims!
Old 7/8/07, 12:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Love those rims!
Aren't they just spectacular? :gay:

I just put the blackout panel back on. Finally, no more gap!

Now it's time to decide what I do next...Do I go ahead and buy shocks/struts to go along with the Sportlines or should I get a C&L and tuner. Always open to opinions of course.
Old 7/8/07, 01:17 PM
Cobra Member

I should have figured that they would put crap rims on it when I saw the neon under car lights.

I think your choices boil down to looks or power. If you love power, go for the CAI. If you want looks, go for the lowering kit.

Me I don't regret putting on the CAI and tunes one bit... I love the power!
Old 7/8/07, 08:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hmm... that'd be a tough decision. They'd both be about the same price. Me I love the FRPP springs and struts and am sorry that I didn't get the struts earlier. But having the CAI + Bamatune is another beast altogether. Since I'm more performance, tire melting type person I'd lean towards the CAI and tune. They both transform the car. The CAI is just something that is way too fun not to do.

Just got back from sunny San Diego and the mini-meet w/Leo. He helped me put on my MRT hood struts. Without his help I probably would have taken at least twice as long to get it done. Instead he helped and I think we nailed it down in about 20 minutes if that and got everything right on the first try. Thanks Leo !!

You people and you're rain. I think we've been without any of that pesky rain stuff since March or Feburary. It might have sprinkled a bit in April, maybe. If anything it's going to make for a very dry and fire prone summer here in socal.

Oh yeah, I'd rather have V6 16 stock plain-jane rims that those abominations

Without further ado... a few pics. I threw in the 4th of July pics 'cause I'm quite happy the way they turned out and hopefully Bill2 will offer some critique...

Here are some burnout pics just after I installed the Chin and Ducktail spoilers !!!! Yes all the black marks here are mine !@!

I just realized that these above are all blurry 'cause in the rush to get them , I forgot to put the camera back into autofocus. It was in manual focus because the day/night before I was taking firework pics

There are a couple things about the ducktail installation that I'm not entirely pleased about, but you would have to pour over it really close to tell. I, of course, notice and it bugs the heck out of me. If I could take it off and put it back on this time a little better I probably would. But Overall I am very happy. BSM stripes are calling my name !!
Old 7/8/07, 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
I think your choices boil down to looks or power. If you love power, go for the CAI. If you want looks, go for the lowering kit.

Me I don't regret putting on the CAI and tunes one bit... I love the power!
I guess I should start going all power if I want to keep up with the Jones around here.

Originally Posted by habu
Oh yeah, I'd rather have V6 16 stock plain-jane rims that those abominations
Those are ROUGH. But those things on that "Roush" are just terrible.

If I could get the deal you got on your struts, I would almost certainly do it. I would love to have the FRPPs, but it's a bit different when it's going to cost around $400.

The only thing that has me leaning towards the lowering is the fact that I already have the Sportlines sitting in my room. It would probably be a bit of a pain to get rid of them again. I still need to sell some stuff before I make my decisions, so I have a while.

I purchased a set of polished UPR strut caps tonight for $70. Pretty good deal, should be on the car in about a week or so.
Old 7/8/07, 09:07 PM
Cobra R Member

The ducktail looks good to me. But I know what it's like to have those little things bother you. I did just reinstall my blackout panel so...I feel your pain!
Old 7/9/07, 12:14 AM
Cobra Member

Brian great pics!

The paint looks good on your new additions, at least from what I can see and tell in the pics you posted. You seem satisfied so that’s all that matters.

Love those burn outs. I think with the FRPP Springs and Struts you can do great burn outs without the nasty wheel hop I get when I try burn outs. All the more reason for me to get Steeda Ultralite lowering springs.......

When I get some cash lowering springs and the 4.10's are next up, or as they say batter up and next one in the on deck circle.

Thanks for the pics and the GT looks fabulous pal.
Old 7/9/07, 12:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kh765
The ducktail looks good to me. But I know what it's like to have those little things bother you. I did just reinstall my blackout panel so...I feel your pain!
Kyle, I vote power as I'm also a power vs look nice guy.

Now that I have the C&L CAI and BAMA tunes I need to lower it down a bit or get LCA's to stop the nasty wheel hop grrrrrrrrrr

Am I thinking right on the wheel hop solution Leo? Brian?
Old 7/9/07, 01:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hi guys! Just popped in for a hot minute...

Leo, so how was the mileage going back to SD with the pulleys? And performance? And sorry, never got the chance to make it to Honolulu Ford for the license plate frame.

Brian: Classic chin and ducktail looks great!

No rain here in HI (yet).
Old 7/9/07, 08:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Kyle, I vote power as I'm also a power vs look nice guy.

Now that I have the C&L CAI and BAMA tunes I need to lower it down a bit or get LCA's to stop the nasty wheel hop grrrrrrrrrr

Am I thinking right on the wheel hop solution Leo? Brian?
Yeah, LCA's are supposed to help. I think the UCA on the rear-end also plays into this but how much I do not know.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Brian: Classic chin and ducktail looks great!
Thanks Bill !

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)