General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 5/29/07, 08:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
IYO

I love the way the stock intake looks... and have I ever mentioned that it's a closed-loop, so therefore my intake sucks air through the shaker?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Old 5/29/07, 08:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Tom loves they way the stock intake looks? Who ya foolin'?

Personally, I'd rather take deep breathes of air rather than suck thru a cocktail straw.
Old 5/29/07, 08:24 PM
Cobra R Member

This is after 2 days of driving:

Attachment 27093 Attachment 27094

Here they are "loving":

Attachment 27095

And nice and clean again:

Attachment 27096

You get used to it...
Yep, just gotta get used to it. I hate driving at night because of the bugs. But, if you keep enough wax on the car, the bugs will just wash right off.
Old 5/29/07, 08:29 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Personally, I'd rather take deep breathes of air rather than suck thru a cocktail straw.
That reminds me of a video that I saved for public viewing if need be.

What were you saying about how my engine bay looks??
Old 5/29/07, 08:42 PM

That reminds me of a video that I saved for public viewing if need be.

What were you saying about how my engine bay looks??
Umm.. Stock Intakes Rule!!!
Old 5/29/07, 08:45 PM
GTR Member

I agree!!!
Old 5/29/07, 11:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Evening campers! Well just bought some more stuff for the Stang

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=66051

a full set of Ultimate pedals. nice looking parts and "Lokius" Fitz , another TMS'r is a good guy. Got a real good price, $65 for the full set. I'll try and get around and install them this weekend, then I'll post some pics. Got my Best Friend returning from deployment this weekend, so we've got alot of Beer drinking and Stogies to catch up on.
Old 5/29/07, 11:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fxdwg2002

a full set of Ultimate pedals. nice looking parts and "Lokius" Fitz , another TMS'r is a good guy. Got a real good price, $65 for the full set. I'll try and get around and install them this weekend, then I'll post some pics. Got my Best Friend returning from deployment this weekend, so we've got alot of Beer drinking and Stogies to catch up on.
Nice haul and great price. I've been meaning to get a set of petals some day soon but it's not yet high enough of one the priority list, ya know ?

Good to hear your friend is coming back. I wish I could, at the very least, buy him a beer in some small way to say thanks !
Old 5/30/07, 01:39 AM
Cobra R Member

It's all UF's fault... remember??
Haha...I just argued with a group of people about that yesterday. Nobody believes me!

If anyone would like to blame lovebugs on me, please feel free!
Old 5/30/07, 01:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Oh yeah, I should have a Hurst short shifter installed in time for the Daytona show in a couple weeks. There will be a few new things on my car since the last time anyone has seen it.
Old 5/30/07, 06:09 AM
Cobra Member

I love the way the stock intake looks... and have I ever mentioned that it's a closed-loop, so therefore my intake sucks air through the shaker?
I'm reeeaaaaaaaally starting to worry about you guys!

Well it's been almost a week since I ordered the JLT and tunes and it's still not here... Not even a tracking number! And he pulled the money out as soon as I ordered it on the 23rd! Which was a good thing... It would have *magically* disappeared by now. And now I have to go to Massey-chu-sheits todoy and won't be back until Saturday!

Did I say I was being patient?
Old 5/30/07, 09:55 AM
GTR Member

Why I wish I had clear rocker covers:

Attachment 27131

I hate having to cover up those beauties.

I played hookie from work today to finish up some loose ends on the car. I took off the rockers covers to check if any of the poly-locks have moved. All were still perfect.

To adjust the rockers on that car, this is what you have to do: With each lifter on the flat part of the cam, you tighten down the nut (poly-lock) on top of the rocker until there is "zero-lash" between the lifter, pushrod, and rocker. Then I put a dab of paint on top of the nut. Then you turn the poly-lock 1/2 turn to pre-load the hydraulic lifter (now the paint mark is at the bottom). Then you tighten the set screw in the middle to lock it all into place.

If you look very closely, you can see the paint marks (silver) on some of the nuts - I can see them on every poly-lock on the right side of the pictures, but I know what I'm looking for.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5717.jpg  
Old 5/30/07, 10:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Welcome back stranger. I'm digging the pedals make sure to post a pic once you install them.

Why I wish I had clear rocker covers:

Attachment 27131

I hate having to cover up those beauties.

I played hookie from work today to finish up some loose ends on the car. I took off the rockers covers to check if any of the poly-locks have moved. All were still perfect.

To adjust the rockers on that car, this is what you have to do: With each lifter on the flat part of the cam, you tighten down the nut (poly-lock) on top of the rocker until there is "zero-lash" between the lifter, pushrod, and rocker. Then I put a dab of paint on top of the nut. Then you turn the poly-lock 1/2 turn to pre-load the hydraulic lifter (now the paint mark is at the bottom). Then you tighten the set screw in the middle to lock it all into place.

If you look very closely, you can see the paint marks (silver) on some of the nuts - I can see them on every poly-lock on the right side of the pictures, but I know what I'm looking for.
Showoff.
Old 5/30/07, 10:11 AM

... a full set of Ultimate pedals.
Nice Steve!
It's a PITA drilling into the stock steel pedals.

Post pics when you get them installed.

Originally Posted by pville piper
Well it's been almost a week since I ordered the JLT and tunes and it's still not here...
Hang in there John. I'm probably the most impatient one when it comes to waiting for stuff, but I'm in the same boat (towards the back ) as you at the moment. I'm in the ordering process with both Doug and CR.

Nothing we can do, but to wait.

I played hookie from work today to finish up some loose ends on the car...
Shame, shame..

There's sure alot of working room you got compared to our 06's. Looks like you can swap valve covers and headers in a pinch!
Old 5/30/07, 11:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well it's been almost a week since I ordered the JLT and tunes and it's still not here... Not even a tracking number! And he pulled the money out as soon as I ordered it on the 23rd! Which was a good thing... It would have *magically* disappeared by now. And now I have to go to Massey-chu-sheits todoy and won't be back until Saturday!

I feel your pain...

It took me a month to finally get my CAI and tunes from Doug after I ordered... It was about 2-2.5 weeks from order that I got my CAI (I contacted Doug at about a week in and found out he was waiting for the next shipment of JLT's to come in) and then I had problems receiving the tunes via email and took a while longer to get those!

So it took a bit to finally get everything handled and I am not a patient man either, but it was well worth it!
Old 5/30/07, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
So it took a bit to finally get everything handled and I am not a patient man either, but it was well worth it!
Oh, believe me, I know it'll be worth the wait. This last performance mod will surely take me over the 300RWHP mark... at least it better!
Old 5/30/07, 11:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Woo hoo!

It makes me insane that 90% of the stuff I order comes from the east coast (I'm on the west coast) and I have to wait close to a week!

But so far, most everything I have ordered has been worth the wait!
Old 5/30/07, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ahh c'mon guys give Doug a break he is busy;
Driving to my Neck of the Woods for DYNO Day.
Old 5/30/07, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Ahh c'mon guys give Doug a break he is busy;
Driving to my Neck of the Woods for DYNO Day.
Yes, I know... thanks to you Okies I won't get my Racer for another week and a half (at the earliest!).

I saw somewhere that you're #2 on the dyno tune list. Getting excited?
Old 5/30/07, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get a heel guard? I'm curious to see how one of those looks installed. I'm wearing through my carpet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)