General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/07, 08:46 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
If it were me, no. But if it bugged me enough that I notice it every time I looked at the car, then no matter what anyone said here, yes.
thanks brian
Old 5/2/07, 08:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
so should i get the adj. panhard bar or just say **** it??
I say **** No.
Old 5/2/07, 09:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
You mean his? I know... that's what I was wondering.
Yes. Mine was only off 0.3 degrees between the left and right.

notice the left side is further over to the left?
Forget how it looks, break out the plumb bob and tape measure and see what it measures.

Unless you're running some wide tires out back, most won't even notice.
You know, kinda like the axle girdle I'm getting.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill-Are you still debating on the fake hood pins???? Just wondering as I'd like a test dummy as always.
With my current mods and upcoming manly gears, I don't think I can do the stick-on pins. The Ford Racing pins look the best to me so far.

... Thanks for the head's up but I think I'm sticking to finding a place to paint 'em

Bill
Oh and on the hood pins.... Don't do fake ones. If you're gonna get hood pins buckle down and drill holes in your hood and buy real ones. It's not like you've never cut your hood before. Just my .02

Doug's Paint & Body in Torrance painted my CDC spoiler for ~$135 cash... just for reference, when you start getting quotes.

Don't worry Brian, I have no fears of drilling holes.

Think the pins will look agressive or over the top on my car?
Old 5/2/07, 09:35 PM

If it were me, no. But if it bugged me enough that I notice it every time I looked at the car, then no matter what anyone said here, yes.
Dare I ask you to go measure your rear end shift?

You dropped lower than our Ultralites, meaning your axle shift is greater.

Warning! Once you measure, it may just start to bug you!
Old 5/2/07, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

try again
notice the left side is further over to the left?
I hate to be different, but if you take a straight edge of a piece of paper and put it on the computer screen, line it up with the side of each rear tire, you can plainly see the body is shifted to the left, mechanically, I beleive thats the way the body has to go when lowered. Correct? Anyway, unless your going for maximum size tire width, it shouldn't be a problem. I put the adj. panhard bar on my car because it bugged me, but found myself always adjusting it because one day it would be to far to the left, the next day, to far to the right, ...drove me nuts until I quit looking at it.
Old 5/2/07, 10:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
FXDWG2002/Steve- If you haven't sold your PBF emblems there's money to be made by selling them on ebay. Check out this thread. People are paying up to $200 for those darn things.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=63284&page=23
Already gone. I was a nice guy and sold them to another TMS'r for a reasonable price. The F'd up thing was that I never got a thanks from the guy. Oh well, I got more than I paid for them.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Been real busy at work getting ready to move to a new building and doing turnover with a team that just got home from the sandbox. Been alot of long hours. I pop in and see what's happening, but that's been about it.

Loved the "Four Horsemen" comments. Good stuff!!!
Old 5/2/07, 10:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Yes. Mine was only off 0.3 degrees between the left and right.

Forget how it looks, break out the plumb bob and tape measure and see what it measures.

Unless you're running some wide tires out back, most won't even notice.
You know, kinda like the axle girdle I'm getting.

With my current mods and upcoming manly gears, I don't think I can do the stick-on pins. The Ford Racing pins look the best to me so far.

Doug's Paint & Body in Torrance painted my CDC spoiler for ~$135 cash... just for reference, when you start getting quotes.

135 is right about what I got... Don't know how good or bad the Ford dealer is so we'll see once I get the parts.

Don't worry Brian, I have no fears of drilling holes.

Think the pins will look agressive or over the top on my car?
I don't think so. It'd add to the agressive look methinks. Now if it was the tack-ons and had a V6 w/GT front fascia, that'd be another story.
I've read that the FRPP cover doesn't work w/o modifications to the panhard bar ?? The site itself says no mods but then says that you might interfere w/the suspension... WTF
Old 5/2/07, 10:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dare I ask you to go measure your rear end shift?

You dropped lower than our Ultralites, meaning your axle shift is greater.

Warning! Once you measure, it may just start to bug you!
Good lord I know. I'm afraid to but just to do it I'll take pics and measure this weekend. If I seem peturbed Monday you'll know why
Old 5/2/07, 10:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
Already gone. I was a nice guy and sold them to another TMS'r for a reasonable price. The F'd up thing was that I never got a thanks from the guy. Oh well, I got more than I paid for them.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Been real busy at work getting ready to move to a new building and doing turnover with a team that just got home from the sandbox. Been alot of long hours. I pop in and see what's happening, but that's been about it.

Loved the "Four Horsemen" comments. Good stuff!!!

He's Alive !!!

welcome back btw.

w00t !!! I'm almost at 600 posts !!!!!
Old 5/2/07, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by matko
I hate to be different, but if you take a straight edge of a piece of paper and put it on the computer screen, line it up with the side of each rear tire, you can plainly see the body is shifted to the left, mechanically, I beleive thats the way the body has to go when lowered. Correct?
Mike, you're way off Brother!
You can't go by a pic for measurements. A picture will have to be taken with ~50mm lens to have a 1:1 aspect ratio. There's too much parrallax error (Simply put, it is the apparent shift of an object against a background caused by a change in observer position.) when viewing a 2D picture.

And, when the car is lowered, the axle shifts, not the body.

I've read that the FRPP cover doesn't work w/o modifications to the panhard bar ?? The site itself says no mods but then says that you might interfere w/the suspension... WTF
That's true for the regular 8.8 axle girdle.
FRPP just released a S197 specific girdle that's narrower which will give about 1/2" clearance to the panhard bar.

So, I'm good to go!!

Good lord I know. I'm afraid to but just to do it I'll take pics and measure this weekend. If I seem peturbed Monday you'll know why
We can do it when you pick up the Stingers.
Old 5/3/07, 12:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Mike, you're way off Brother!
You can't go by a pic for measurements. A picture will have to be taken with ~50mm lens to have a 1:1 aspect ratio. There's too much parrallax error (Simply put, it is the apparent shift of an object against a background caused by a change in observer position.) when viewing a 2D picture.

And, when the car is lowered, the axle shifts, not the body.

That's true for the regular 8.8 axle girdle.
FRPP just released a S197 specific girdle that's narrower which will give about 1/2" clearance to the panhard bar.

So, I'm good to go!!

Good news !! If the Forced Induction thing falls through I'll be in the market for gears

We can do it when you pick up the Stingers.
Sounds good
Old 5/3/07, 03:25 AM
GTR Member

so should i get the adj. panhard bar or just say **** it??
I'll tell you after you do the plumb-bob measurement.

Originally Posted by matko
I hate to be different, but if you take a straight edge of a piece of paper and put it on the computer screen, line it up with the side of each rear tire, you can plainly see the body is shifted to the left
Whether you can do it that way or not, that's exactly what I meant. Only I was saying the axle was shifted to the right.
Old 5/3/07, 03:28 AM
GTR Member

Hey, Chuck... I just put my top up for the first time this morning since a week before Fantasy of Flight! 25 days!
Old 5/3/07, 06:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Hey, Chuck... I just put my top up for the first time this morning since a week before Fantasy of Flight! 25 days!
I bet it needed a little stretching when trying to shut it I just put the top DOWN for the first time since then

BTW, Bill's at 3999 posts
Old 5/3/07, 06:36 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I bet it needed a little stretching when trying to shut it I just put the top DOWN for the first time since then

BTW, Bill's at 3999 posts
Went up just fine, but will need a little time in the sun to get all the wrinkles out.

Hey... any of you vert guys ever put the top up or down without the car running? I know it says to start the car, but I've done it several times (like when it's in the garage and I can't start the car) by just turning the key to get power.

I can't see it hurting or draining the battery if it's done in moderation.
Old 5/3/07, 06:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Went up just fine, but will need a little time in the sun to get all the wrinkles out.

Hey... any of you vert guys ever put the top up or down without the car running? I know it says to start the car, but I've done it several times (like when it's in the garage and I can't start the car) by just turning the key to get power.

I can't see it hurting or draining the battery if it's done in moderation.
I do it a lot without having the engine running. Never had an issue. Obviously, if you raise and lower the top maybe 50 times without turning on the engine, then you may have a problem. But, otherwise, I don't see any issues. It's probably worse for your car to just run the engine for the 20 seconds.
Old 5/3/07, 07:12 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I do it a lot without having the engine running. Never had an issue. Obviously, if you raise and lower the top maybe 50 times without turning on the engine, then you may have a problem. But, otherwise, I don't see any issues. It's probably worse for your car to just run the engine for the 20 seconds.
Agreed!

Bill is typing his 4000th post right now! (painfully slowly)
Old 5/3/07, 07:27 AM

Well, I have nothing interesting to say on this auspicious occasion for my 4000th post, but !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW- I wouldn't have posted my 4k post anywhere else except in Ponies on the Run baby!

Yes, Tom... I had to get the wording perfect.

Good news !! If the Forced Induction thing falls through I'll be in the market for gears
Brian, isn't the forced induction deal a comp job? I didn't know they wanted you to kick down some green for it.
Old 5/3/07, 07:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Well, I have nothing interesting to say on this auspicious occasion for my 4000th post, but !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW- I wouldn't have posted my 4k post anywhere else except in Ponies on the Run baby!

Yes, Tom... I had to get the wording perfect.
Congrats
Old 5/3/07, 07:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congrats Bill, you are the Post Madam for sure.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)