General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 3/27/07, 10:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah yes... tools. A decent air compressor is a must. Very cool Bill. Now with a 1/2 drive impact wrench you can do Underdrive pullies !!!!

But, I can beat it.
Saturday dad was gonna buy a new 2550 psi pressure washer, it's $349 at Sears. Sunday morning it's in the add for $287. It's a good thing he didn't buy it Saturday.

Sunday after everyone left, I went with dad to Sears to get the pressure washer. While waiting for it to come out of merch. pickup he decided for giggles to get a $2 lottery ticket. He won $100 bucks !. So the $349 pressure washer only cost him $187 !!!!
Old 3/27/07, 10:27 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill

I only effectively paid $150 for it. My wife returned $100 worth of merchandise for credit minutes before buying it.
Cool! And now you can try running 30 psi to soften the ride a little bit. 30 psi is that Discount Tire recommends for my tires and they are practically the same size as yours, just a little wider.

Originally Posted by habu
Sunday after everyone left, I went with dad to Sears to get the pressure washer. While waiting for it to come out of merch. pickup he decided for giggles to get a $2 lottery ticket. He won $100 bucks !. So the $349 pressure washer only cost him $187 !!!!
That's awesome!
Old 3/27/07, 11:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My lengthly post flew right over Brian's head!

Can I at least get a halleluya?
Old 3/27/07, 11:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

I only effectively paid $150 for it. My wife returned $100 worth of merchandise for credit minutes before buying it.
Well, it wasn't there when I started my post. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Still $150 for a nice air compressor like that is awesome
Old 3/27/07, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Bill - that's what I got Chris for Christmas 2005. Sits in a cool hole in our garage right next to my car (when it's there). But it just randomly charges sometimes and it can scare ya in the middle of the night.

You got post 7500 and nobody said a thing?!

I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting reply notifications, but then I figured out I wasn't logging in when viewing posts.
Old 3/27/07, 11:59 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by swwake
Bill - that's what I got Chris for Christmas 2005. Sits in a cool hole in our garage right next to my car (when it's there). But it just randomly charges sometimes and it can scare ya in the middle of the night.

I turn mine off so it doesn't charge up unless I want it to.

10,000 will be the big one!
Old 3/27/07, 12:05 PM
GTR Member

Well, it wasn't there when I started my post. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Bill isn't talking about that post... check the link.
Old 3/27/07, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the 7500 recognition! (Honestly, I missed it myself! )

Like Tom, I have the compressor unplugged.

Tom, I noticed after it hits the 150psi mark and (the motor) shuts off, it very slowly starts to loose tank pressure, maybe 10psi over 30 minutes. I'll see where it is later today.
Maybe I'll spray some leak detector solution on all the fittings and see if there's some small leak.
Old 3/27/07, 12:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Bill isn't talking about that post... check the link.
I feel so very smart right now...

Ahem, I read the post by Bill and decided that I'm going to do just what he suggested and take it apart from the H-pipe back and make it right Friday after alignment. I have to get the band clamps from Ford today or tomorrow.

Congrats on the 7500 posts, wow that's alot.

Susan, on ours we leave it unplugged til we need it. It only takes a couple minutes to build the pressure so this way it doesn't fire off at midnight.

Bill, did you put teflon tape on the threads for the connections. I've found that leaving a tool plugged in is the best way to leak pressure over time.
Old 3/27/07, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm gonna tell Chris to unplug the thing. I'm sure it's greener that way too, right?
Old 3/27/07, 12:43 PM
GTR Member

I'm gonna tell Chris to unplug the thing. I'm sure it's greener that way too, right?
My tank is red, just like Bill's.
Old 3/27/07, 12:45 PM
GTR Member

Tom, I noticed after it hits the 150psi mark and (the motor) shuts off, it very slowly starts to loose tank pressure, maybe 10psi over 30 minutes. I'll see where it is later today.
Maybe I'll spray some leak detector solution on all the fittings and see if there's some small leak.
Do you have a **** to turn off pressure going into the line? When I leave that open it tends to loose pressure over time, but not as quickly as yours. If I close that ****, it locks all the air into the tank.

There are two gauges. One gauge reads tank pressure, then the **** is used to adjust the other gauge that is tool pressure. I just turn tool pressure off.
Old 3/27/07, 12:48 PM

I feel so very smart right now...

Bill, did you put teflon tape on the threads for the connections. I've found that leaving a tool plugged in is the best way to leak pressure over time.
Haha! No prob, Brian. Just didn't want you to miss my post incase this rotational issue applies.

Compressor came 'pre-assembled', basically was turn-key. I'll check the fittings for leaks unless you guys experience the same kind of slow pressure drop.
(btw, nothing's attached to the ouput fitting)

Ya, may as well unplug or switch the power off if it's not being used. Although his reasoning may be to limit the amount of moisture build up in the tank?
Old 3/27/07, 12:53 PM

There are two gauges. One gauge reads tank pressure, then the **** is used to adjust the other gauge that is tool pressure. I just turn tool pressure off.
This is the way mine is. During my test last night, I adjusted the tool pressure between 90 and 100 psi and left it there. What you're saying is that this may be the cause of my tank pressure drop? If so, guess I'll crank the **** to cut air to the other gauge.

What's your thought on the moisture issue? Leave the tank low or high in pressure? Or, does it really matter because the moisture content is dictated by the ambient outside air?
Old 3/27/07, 12:58 PM
GTR Member

This is the way mine is. During my test last night, I adjusted the tool pressure between 90 and 100 psi and left it there. What you're saying is that this may be the cause of my tank pressure drop? If so, guess I'll crank the **** to cut air to the other gauge.

What's your thought on the moisture issue? Leave the tank low or high in pressure? Or, does it really matter because the moisture content is dictated by the ambient outside air?
Yeah, try turning the tool pressure to 0 and see what happens.

I fill mine up when I'm using it and then sometimes it has air in it and sometimes I leave the tool pressure **** on by mistake and over several days the tank drains. I just fill it up with air every so often and wheel it out to the driveway and open the drain at the bottom to get rid of any water.
Old 3/27/07, 01:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah, try turning the tool pressure to 0 and see what happens.

I fill mine up when I'm using it and then sometimes it has air in it and sometimes I leave the tool pressure **** on by mistake and over several days the tank drains. I just fill it up with air every so often and wheel it out to the driveway and open the drain at the bottom to get rid of any water.
There are only a few places an air compressor will leak air off and normally it is anywhere after the main tank outlet. Shutting the main valve off will virtually negate the leak down. Make sure you drain your tank periodically or over time your tank will rust out and blow a hole in the tank. Not really anything you can do to stop the compressor from accumulating water just keep it drained. Make sure you put a water trap on your compressor outlet somewhere to keep that moisture out of your tools and keep air tool oil handy to place few drops in them before you use them.
Probably common knowledge to all of you, but you would be amazed at how many people do NOT know this stuff.
Old 3/27/07, 02:20 PM
GTR Member

I know it and STILL don't oil my air tools before every use. Too lazy.
Old 3/27/07, 02:27 PM

I know it and STILL don't oil my air tools before every use. Too lazy.
Wonder if the air tools will perform better with Mobil 1?
Old 3/27/07, 02:39 PM
GTR Member

I'm going to send the radiator extensions back... they rub in 5 places that I can see:

Attachment 22617 Attachment 22618

Another thing I noticed is that area gets extremely dirty, so...

WITH the extensions, that area looks so nice when they are clean, and awful when they are dirty.

WITHOUT the extensions, that area doesn't look that great when it's clean, so you don't really notice it any more when it's dirty.

Can somebody check the following for me on their car? Are the bolts circled in the following picture really tight? And if so, do they warp the little part of bumper cover that comes up? I put the stock bolts on the same marks that were there when I removed them, but they seem to really crank down on the white (in my case) part. They have to be tight, so I'm sure it's just something I didn't notice before, but I wanted to check. Hopefully ya'll know what I'm talking about.

Attachment 22621
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5354.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5355.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5325b.jpg  
Old 3/27/07, 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

I picked up one of those Cali Dusters Sunday and used it tonight after airing it out for 2 days. It works great! The car almost looks clean again and certainly doesn't look green.
All I can say is thanks guys... Pollen BE GONE!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)