General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/07, 02:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Tom. Congrats on the photo shoot. They did my 78 Mustang II T-Top. Tom & Denise Rounds were the photographer's. Mustang Enthusiast sent me a CD of the photo's they took. 93 pictures. Couldn't believe it. They were awesome. Only 5 actually showed up in the mag with the short article, but I was sure happy. Also one of my best friends from my New England Mustang Club, Joe Lachut, was just featured in a photo shoot in the current issue of ME, with his 66GT350H. (pages 42-44) Joe's car was chosen to be the model for the Lane Collectable Diecast they are issuing.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-000_0007-2a.jpg  
Old 3/19/07, 04:54 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Hey Tom. Congrats on the photo shoot. They did my 78 Mustang II T-Top. Tom & Denise Rounds were the photographer's. Mustang Enthusiast sent me a CD of the photo's they took. 93 pictures. Couldn't believe it. They were awesome. Only 5 actually showed up in the mag with the short article, but I was sure happy. Also one of my best friends from my New England Mustang Club, Joe Lachut, was just featured in a photo shoot in the current issue of ME, with his 66GT350H. (pages 42-44) Joe's car was chosen to be the model for the Lane Collectable Diecast they are issuing.
That's cool! I remember reading a bunch of articles by Denise. I hope I get a CD of the photos he took, but I doubt he took 93. I have several pictures of him taking pictures which I'll post up later. I'll have to read about Joe's car.

I'm shootin' for the cover with the burn-out shots! Hopefully it'll make it.
Old 3/19/07, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm pulling for you Tom.
---------------------
Well since I couldn't get the fader stripes in matte black I decided to pull the trigger on the BSM California style stripe. Worst case scenario I'm out $30 plus shipping.
Old 3/19/07, 05:05 PM
GTR Member

You need to update your sig! Speaking of that, my radiator extensions came today. I'm not even going to open the box until tomorrow when I get home from work.
Old 3/19/07, 05:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
You need to update your sig! Speaking of that, my radiator extensions came today. I'm not even going to open the box until tomorrow when I get home from work.
I'd love to update my sig once they stop enforcing that stupid A$$ 10 line rule. None of us can update our sigs unless we reduce them. Go ahead and try you'll see it won't let you save your changes. I've been trying to get support to get are sig lengths back but none of you has chime in on my thread. So they probably think I'm the only one on the site ****ed off.
Old 3/19/07, 05:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I'd love to update my sig once they stop enforcing that stupid A$$ 10 line rule. None of us can update our sigs unless we reduce them. Go ahead and try you'll see it won't let you save your changes. I've been trying to get support to get are sig lengths back but none of you has chime in on my thread. So they probably think I'm the only one on the site ****ed off.
Where's the thread with this. I will be more than happy to second your motion.
Old 3/19/07, 05:24 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Where's the thread with this. I will be more than happy to second your motion.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=62109
Old 3/19/07, 05:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for chiming in. Although I still think members should have no limit.
Old 3/19/07, 05:37 PM
Cobra R Member

For some reason, that link comes up with a TMS window saying I don't have permission to view it.

But, I did respond on Leo's poll.
Old 3/19/07, 05:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well I haven't joined in or said anything because I totally understand where they are coming from and to a degree I understand it. Sure sigs like Leo, Bill, Tom... etc help because you can see what they've done to the car and in some cases see how it is that they did it. But it becomes over the top, IMO, when there is this huge sig it can take up most of the page on normal screen resolution and can be a pain. Then again if it is also contributing to making the site slow I certainly agree with the mods. At a hard set maximum they're gonna pi$$ off someone. I don't have a problem with any of the sigs here but have seen some that where completely laughable but I wouldn't complain either I'd find a way to ignore it.

YMMV
Old 3/19/07, 05:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mikes rx
For some reason, that link comes up with a TMS window saying I don't have permission to view it.

But, I did respond on Leo's poll.
I think you've got to be a TMS member, as in paying, to get to that thread.
Old 3/19/07, 05:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
well I haven't joined in or said anything because I totally understand where they are coming from and to a degree I understand it. Sure sigs like Leo, Bill, Tom... etc help because you can see what they've done to the car and in some cases see how it is that they did it. But it becomes over the top, IMO, when there is this huge sig it can take up most of the page on normal screen resolution and can be a pain. Then again if it is also contributing to making the site slow I certainly agree with the mods. At a hard set maximum they're gonna pi$$ off someone. I don't have a problem with any of the sigs here but have seen some that where completely laughable but I wouldn't complain either I'd find a way to ignore it.

YMMV
That's what makes me mad is that members that don't want to see it have the option to turn off sigs. So instead of just telling people that they're putting a limit on sigs.

Originally Posted by habu
I think you've got to be a TMS member, as in paying, to get to that thread.
Yup you do.
Old 3/19/07, 05:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

That's what makes me mad is that members that don't want to see it have the option to turn off sigs. So instead of just telling people that they're putting a limit on sigs.
true. If it's a complaint over system performance, then the old-lady that complain has her panties in a bunch and needs to get over it. IF it's a performance issue a limit is better than turning them off for everyone.
Old 3/19/07, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

So.....

Got the C&L/Bamachips Tune in(cough... hello boss, I don't feel so good today... cough... ). Holy Flocking Shiite. Went straight for the 91 race, of course. The throttle response is unreal. I'll try to get a little more time in it but so far I am very impressed.
Old 3/19/07, 06:17 PM
GTR Member

I guess I could make my signature look like this:

Exhaust
| Filter | Tires | Springs | Shaker | Rotors

Then people would have to click on it to see what I got!

Old 3/19/07, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

If we had a gallery to link to within the site here, we could solve most of the problems. I clicked on that signature adjusting, and to reduce the print as well as the content to make it "comply". If it is a performance (to much space taken up) then start with the non-members, then once a reasonable alternative, ie., the gallery, is ready, then it would not be a problem for any of us. Oh well, mine is all set for a while, can't spend anymore on the 07 anyway, got another project to car to spend on now.
Old 3/19/07, 07:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

hey Tom. I was shocked at how many photyo's he took also. It was not a long session at all. Call your photographer, he will make sure you get the full CD.
Old 3/20/07, 12:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Considering a new mod. Please vote/chime in.

Well since I've decided to with the rockers stripes I think the back of the car needs something in matte black to continue the theme of black/matte black. With that said there's a couple of ways I've considered doing this.

Probably the most cost effective way.
1) Getting a vinyl decal in matte black. Like this one here.
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/05classic.htm

Not a big fan of how these look on black cars.
2)SHR honeycomb decklid panel

Least likely to choose only because I think the diffuser gives it a more modern/sporty look as opposed to the classic/retro look I'm shooting for.
3)CS rear bumper

4)Leave it as is.

With that said what do you guys think?
Old 3/20/07, 07:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe the Matte Magnetic one would be better for ya. For the difference in cost, at least you could remove it for alternative looks. And oh yeah, the GT/CS rear facia is a big plus for all the rear mods.
Old 3/20/07, 08:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
With that said what do you guys think?
I once wanted a diffuser (from SS), but now I'm glad I didn't get it.

The GT/CS diffuser looks good, but then you'll want to get the front one to match. Then, if you get both, people will start accusing you of being a CS poser!

I know Brian's looking into getting the CS front facia and I've seen a couple swap-in's here in TMS and it looks pretty good. Just don't get carried away in cloning a CS, unless it's what you're shooting for.

As far as the rear deck, this one doesn't look bad at all. I don't know who makes it. Attachment 21992
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2221.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)