General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/07, 05:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
The ear-to-ear grin is BACK only bigger

Sorry Bill no Video, took the camera out all ready Blahh batteries went dead try again another day.
Like Tom said, wait til you load the 91 RACE! It's what most of us are running full time.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Time for some BFG g-Force T/A's and some new 18" rims while you're at it!

But be careful - if you like to fool around, you won't be able to as much with those tires. If you want to be able to still roast the tires, replace them with the same that's on there or something similar.
Those are my next tires after I'm done playing around with the stockers.

I may need these g-Force T/A's if I ever go up against Leo.. if I believe his 'I was looking over at Bill's car' story.
Old 2/25/07, 05:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill- Here's some pics of a Torch red stang with SHR louvers. You may just have to reconsider your louver choice.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=921
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=923
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=926

Daryl-Wow it's about time you installed that cai/tune. Glad to hear you enjoying it. What did your son think of it???
Old 2/25/07, 05:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Mikes Rx
THE BAD
Storm rolls through car looks like it has chicken pox form the dirty water spots.

THE GOOD
Took it to the car wash and she looks amazing again.

THE BAD
Took my son out to eat, park way away from everyone, sprinkler system kicks on, now my car is spotty again.
Daryl, thanks for the welcome.

Sounds like you and I have the same bad luck. It seems that whenever I drive the car after having just cleaned it, I find the ONE rain cloud in a sky of blue.

But, I guess it was bad luck for me from the get-go, as the car was bought and driven home in the rain
Old 2/25/07, 05:49 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill- Here's some pics of a Torch red stang with SHR louvers. You may just have to reconsider your louver choice.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=921

Daryl-Wow it's about time you installed that cai/tune. Glad to hear you enjoying it. What did your son think of it???
I like those - and I want to see the write-up on how to remove the quarter glass.
Old 2/25/07, 05:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I like those - and I want to see the write-up on how to remove the quarter glass.
Go to SHR's website they have a PDF how to.
Old 2/25/07, 05:54 PM
GTR Member

Go to SHR's website they have a PDF how to.
I'll wait for Bill's - it'll probably be better!
Old 2/25/07, 06:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You're probably right.
Old 2/25/07, 07:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Flowmasters vs Stingers RD 2.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=61236

IMO Stingers sound better.
Old 2/25/07, 07:27 PM
GTR Member

The wiring is finally complete - and about a week early!

Here is a pic of the new 9-function box to control all the lights. I was going to take a video, but a picture is just as easy. When it gets dark, I should be able to take a video of all the lights in action.

Attachment 20345

Even though I'll never uses it on the highway, I tried to wire it the way I thought it would be wired in a real cop car.

On the left is the "pursuit switch". So I figured these would be the things that would come on during a chase. So, 3 of the 9 functions are as follows:

1 - Slide the lever one notch to the right and all 5 Rotating Lights come on in the lightbar (4 behind blue lenses and the center behind a clear lense).

2 - One more notch to the right and the Rotators stay on, but now the 4 Corner Strobe Lights come on, too.

3 - One more notch to the right and in addition to the Rotators and Strobes, the Wig-Wags come on alternating the left and right Hi-Beam lights.

So, for a quick pursuit, the cop can just slap the switch all the way to the right and everything he needs to chase is ready.

The switches, of course, do the other 6 functions.

4 - The Intersection Lights are at the front corners of the lightbar and do a 120° sweep to warn cars when approaching an intersection.

5 - The Take Down Lights are in the front of the lightbar and blind the crap out of the driver in the pulled over car.

6 - The Alley Lights are on each side of the lightbar to light up alley ways. These could be wired to come on separately, but I just tied them together.

7 - The Rear Flash is also called Traffic Backers. This alternates the reverse lights and the brake lights to warn drivers approaching from behind.

8 - The Flashers are in the back of the lightbar and alternate two amber lights off and on. Same reason as the Traffic Backers.

9 - The Headlight Flasher switch only works if the Wig-Wags are turned on. This energizes a relay that turns the Wig-Wags into a Multi-Flasher. This does the Hi-Beams in a changing, multi-pattern instead of just alternating left and right.

10 - A hidden function. The Headlight Flasher switch is a momentary switch when pressed down (that's why it looks different than the rest). When the Strobe Lights are on, pushing down on this switch changes between all the different Strobe Light flash patterns.

Glad that's all done - but that's the way I should have done it in the beginning.
I tried taking a video and it was awful. It was too dark, so it needs to be taken right around dusk so it's light enough to see the car, and dark enough to see the lights.
Old 2/25/07, 08:05 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikes rx
Well, I'm finally chiming in to this thread, thanks to 89Trooper. I've noticed that it's here, but have never actually "looked into" the thread because of the 317 pages of posts.

I guess this is just a "diary" of what goes on. so, I'll start chiming in if interesting things happen to me.

Unfortunately, that will mean that I will spend even more time on this forum
Whats up Mike? glad to see you chime in here.
Old 2/25/07, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

BTW, Happy Anniversary Bill (and Susan)! What a quick year...

From this: Attachment 20351 To this: Attachment 20352 in 365 days.

And Susan...

From this: Attachment 20353 To this: Attachment 20353 an amazing transformation.
Awww...Tom...thanks! I know my poor car has such a long way to go. I am still waiting on the lowering springs!! Next up is a driveway so I can keep beating her up on the way in and out of the house. Now THAT's a mod!

Hi y'all! Sorry for the drive-by again. I really need to squeeze in some time to catch up and stay caught up. I feel like such a failure!
Old 2/25/07, 08:31 PM

You're probably right.
Sorry fellas, but you may have to wait a long time on that write-up.. at least from me. Although the SHR louvers look great, I'm not entirely sold on replacing the glass window with a polycarbonate (ie. plastic) piece.

I've seen what the sun does to Leo's (and others) ducktail gaps, so I wonder how heat affects this plastic louver? I wonder if SHR took any of that into account during their R&D.
Old 2/25/07, 08:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Whats up Mike? glad to see you chime in here.
As Fat Albert would say: Hey Hey Hey

BTW, we did a good job selling Tom on the Aeroform bar
Old 2/25/07, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by swwake
Hi y'all!
Holy Moly! Susan's back!!

I'm glad you didn't forget your logon ID and password.

Stay in touch, sis!
Old 2/25/07, 10:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

SHR 1/4 Window Louvers look incredible from the outside, but unless they changed the view from the inside, No Thanks. IMO it was horrible, and doesn't justify the impressive outside view. Although not many people would really see the inside it would bug the **** out of me .
Old 2/25/07, 11:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

SHR 1/4 Window Louvers look incredible from the outside, but unless they changed the view from the inside, No Thanks. IMO it was horrible, and doesn't justify the impressive outside view. Although not many people would really see the inside it would bug the **** out of me .
+1 that is what turned me away the most. Having to remove the 1/4 window was a close second.

Still from the outside they are stunning.
Old 2/25/07, 11:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Still from the outside they are stunning.
Yes, but so am I!
Old 2/26/07, 04:32 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Mike KDF-How did the door trim work out for you??

Tried instaling it twice , but alas , it would fall out.
Would have looked great.
Old 2/26/07, 06:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Well, it seems that the forum was down all day today, again.

But Tom, did you get straightened out with your sport bar order?
Old 2/26/07, 06:39 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
But Tom, did you get straightened out with your sport bar order?
Yep, I called today 20 minutes after they got there and asked if there was any way it could ship out today because I have 2 car shows coming up this weekend, and that this guy Chuck can't have one without me having one, and blah blah blah... and she said it wouldn't be a problem. I also requested the decals that you told me about and I told her to throw in a bunch of business cards so I could hand them out to people at the shows who ask about the lightbar, uh, sport bra, uh, bar.

I did mention your name when I was talking to her and said you were the one who told me about them.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)