General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/07, 09:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill-Please bring the emblem when you go to Tom's on Saturday. I want try it on a few locations before trading/buying off you.
Old 2/22/07, 09:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

How does the inside/backside of the louver look? Reason I ask is because I remember reading a few peoples complaints that the backside was unfinished.
The backside is a nicely finished flat black. It actually looks pretty good if you ask me. Drop by and take a look if you want.

On another note, I gotta get back to work. I had a nice brain fart this morning and forgot my uniform . I just popped in here for a few to see what's up. Be back this afternoon.
Old 2/22/07, 10:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
The backside is a nicely finished flat black. It actually looks pretty good if you ask me. Drop by and take a look if you want.

On another note, I gotta get back to work. I had a nice brain fart this morning and forgot my uniform . I just popped in here for a few to see what's up. Be back this afternoon.
I was concerned since the site states "backside unfinished". I didn't want whatever color the piece is before paint showing inside. Flat black is more than perfect as it will match my interior.

So now the question is who get's the first Bill,Brian,or Me??? I'm still waiting to see pics of the SHR louvers painted black on a black car before I make a desicion. The most recent pics on that thread have me liking them again.

BTW-I saw another VB with louvers like yours by your work when I was dropping of the wife this morning.
Old 2/22/07, 10:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard from Ray that the C&L Trueflow Racer is on backorder (if that's the one you're looking at), so no harm calling in your order today since you probably won't get charged til it comes in stock.
Figures. I called Doug and he's out of the office until Monday I may just go with the "racer" one because I swear one of these days I'm getting a blower
What 3 Tunes will you pick?
87 performance, 91 Performance, 91 Race. I may pick a 91 Torque just be cause my drive to work is 2 miles and that could make those 2 miles a lot of fun
Painted mirror inserts are from MWAG.
D'oh
Is this the Ducktail that Leo's buddy is selling?
Yes
Old 2/22/07, 10:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Way to go Brian...

OK, the badges are still I choose "powered by Ford" 'cause that's what the badges say. The lettering while not for me is tastefully done in this example. (is it too late to put on the firesuit ?)
Old 2/22/07, 10:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Bill-Please bring the emblem when you go to Tom's on Saturday. I want try it on a few locations before trading/buying off you.
I must have missed you offer/trade.. What was it again?

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
...I had a nice brain fart this morning and forgot my uniform .
Uniform? What kind? Police, Fireman, Geek Squad?

Originally Posted by habu
I heard from Ray that the C&L Trueflow Racer is on backorder (if that's the one you're looking at), so no harm calling in your order today since you probably won't get charged til it comes in stock.
Figures. I called Doug and he's out of the office until Monday I may just go with the "racer" one because I swear one of these days I'm getting a blower
What 3 Tunes will you pick?
87 performance, 91 Performance, 91 Race. I may pick a 91 Torque just be cause my drive to work is 2 miles and that could make those 2 miles a lot of fun
He's out of the office because rumor has it that he's heading West.

Nice pick of the 3 Tunes; the 91T is a waste. Once you load the 91R, nothing compares.. 2 mile drive or not.

Way to go Brian...
... (is it too late to put on the firesuit ?)
Nice attempt at back-pedalling!
You're luck Tom is in bed sick.
Old 2/22/07, 10:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I retract my statement about getting the DGCA louvers. I found these which I think are perfect. They're just like the CDC louvers which I love except they're sleeker so they don't look as tacked on as the CDC version.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...15&postcount=1

Now I just have to get some paint qoutes before buying.
Old 2/22/07, 11:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Got a quote from a local Mustang shop on the 4.10 gears.

The gear swap would run about 450.00 labor plus an installation kit and gears. Gears are about 230.00 and the install kit is around 75.00

It all seems pretty expensive for a little snap in the neck.

Or, will it be money well spent?
For that price, no way. I paid the $220 or so for FRPP 4.10's and had them installed locally, but my guy (featured in 5.0 Magazine last year doing a 4.30 gear install on an S197 @ BMR's shop here in Tampa) didn't charge me anywhere near $450. After a CAI/tune, IMO 4.10's (minimum) are a must. The car is easier to drive (take-off, rowing through the gears) and not only is it a snap in the neck, it's a kick in the azz
Old 2/22/07, 11:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
For that price, no way. I paid the $220 or so for FRPP 4.10's and had them installed locally, but my guy (featured in 5.0 Magazine last year doing a 4.30 gear install on an S197 @ BMR's shop here in Tampa) didn't charge me anywhere near $450. After a CAI/tune, IMO 4.10's (minimum) are a must. The car is easier to drive (take-off, rowing through the gears) and not only is it a snap in the neck, it's a kick in the azz
You have to take in consideration that your in Florida and were in California where everything is more expensive. With that said $450 is a bit pricey. DPR a well known performance shop in SD qouted me at $300 for labor plus gears,etc.
Old 2/22/07, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by MTAS
You have to take in consideration that your in Florida and were in California where everything is more expensive. With that said $450 is a bit pricey. DPR a well known performance shop in SD qouted me at $300 for labor plus gears,etc.
Hmm...

$450 near me
$300 in San Diego
$220 in Tampa
That must mean Daryl can get them installed for $100 in Oklahoma!

Seroiusly, Leo's right, if you live in SoCal, you're expected to have lots of money.
Old 2/22/07, 12:03 PM

(Re: Brian's car) Have you started looking for a body shop to fill in the holes and repaint your decklid? Or are you going to use the plug method???
Leo, Brian has the spoiler delete.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-brians-gt.jpg  
Old 2/22/07, 12:13 PM

Leo, back to the 1/4 louvers...

Here's a pic of the DG Custom ones in Black.

Old 2/22/07, 12:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo, Brian has the spoiler delete.
Well that's good for him since he'll save himself the headache of having to deal with a bodyshop.

Hey Brian how about installing it at Tom's place this weekend??? I'll be more than happy to help and I'm sure there will be plenty of tools available.

Leo, back to the 1/4 louvers...

Here's a pic of the DG Custom ones in Black.

They look great it's just I like the Cervini's/CDC look better. IMO Cervini's/CDC look more agressive.

Cervini's

CDC

See how the cervini's get's rid of louver furthest to the right? That's one thing I always hated about the CDC.
Old 2/22/07, 12:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Brian-You might as well go ahead and place an order for one of these right now.
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...splay/652.html

And while your at it go ahead and get a chin spoiler. Partshoppers got the best price on these painted (Matte black) or unpainted.
http://www.partshopper.com/shop/2005...iler-m142.html
If you want it painted to match I just found a site that does it.
http://www.atlantamustang.com/chinspoilers1.html $350 painted VB
Old 2/22/07, 01:13 PM

Hey Brian how about installing it at Tom's place this weekend??? I'll be more than happy to help and I'm sure there will be plenty of tools available.

They look great it's just I like the Cervini's/CDC look better. IMO Cervini's/CDC look more agressive.
Yeah! Let's see Leo drill some holes in Brian's rear (decklid that is..)!!!

I see what you mean about the Cervini louvers, but I still like the idea of the 3M on the glass.
Old 2/22/07, 01:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah! Let's see Leo drill some holes in Brian's rear (decklid that is..)!!!

I see what you mean about the Cervini louvers, but I still like the idea of the 3M on the glass.
I think you've exceeded your :gay: comment allotment for the year Bill.
Here's the install instruction Brian. It's pretty straight foward and comes with a stick on template to show you where to drill the holes.
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...%20Rev%20B.pdf

I like the idea of them being stuck to the glass but I'm willing to sacrifice that for looks.
Old 2/22/07, 02:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think you've exceeded your :gay: comment allotment for the year Bill.
Here's the install instruction Brian. It's pretty straight foward and comes with a stick on template to show you where to drill the holes.
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...%20Rev%20B.pdf

I like the idea of them being stuck to the glass but I'm willing to sacrifice that for looks.
Bill, I am not even gonna comment...

I thought that it was secured only with the tape and not bolted down.
Also don't I have to have the new 3rd brake light ready to install to put the ducktail on ??
Old 2/22/07, 02:54 PM
GTR Member

Oh Yeah.. on the powered by Ford badges.....on the car...

If you notice, he did say Powered by Ford badges. Wow, that's an awesome looking hood.

Way to go Brian...

OK, the badges are still I choose "powered by Ford" 'cause that's what the badges say. The lettering while not for me is tastefully done in this example. (is it too late to put on the firesuit ?)
Brian, you weren't here when I took my car to Graphic-Express so they could custom make the hood graphics for my car. I got all the vinyl on the car for free for the use of my car for 2 days.

See HERE, HERE, and HERE.

When I picked it up, the first thing I saw was that "POWERED BY FORD" and thought to myself, that's coming off the second I get home. Well, after thinking about it (and a poll), I decided to keep it. I'm glad I did. Those Powered by Ford emblems are made for a specific car. But the Powered by Ford slogan is something all together different.

Nice attempt at back-pedalling!
You're luck Tom is in bed sick.
I went to work today, but didn't get a chance to get online much.
Old 2/22/07, 03:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Those Powered by Ford emblems are made for a specific car. But the Powered by Ford slogan is something all together different.
I'm glad you caught that I mentioned badges.
You've said this much more eloquently put than I could have done. The emblems/badges just don't work for me.
The perfect example is the guy with a GT that had Cobra emblems and "mach 1" on the running board stripes. Granted he had a Whipple installed so it was bad-a$$, but still it didn't work and looked out of sorts.

I personally don't think the Mustang needs much embellishment to make it look awesome. There are little things here and there that are OK but when the little things start to overpower the natural look of the car, then I'm out.
Old 2/22/07, 03:18 PM

... so it was bad-a$$, but still it didn't work and looked out of sorts..
I'm sorry.. did someone mention bad-a$$??

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)