General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/07, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill

Went w/the "Borla" Cat-backs. I couldn't really see that much difference in price. Now, if that's not enough, guess I'll follow your lead & go w/the Pypes H pipe. Probably will have to wait for a while for it to warm up around here before I stick 'em on.

Jim

Jim, end up getting the Borlas of the FRPP Stingers? Equal performance, but one has more bragging rights.

Good choice on the K&N too. It's compatible with your factory tune and you can always add a custom tune to maximize its potential later on.[/quote]
Old 2/3/07, 10:03 AM

Hi Susan Haven't seen you in a while! You Probably don't remember me, but last year, when we were all bugging Kzinti, waiting for our cars to show up, I was lurking. Handle then was JDSTANG. Guess you're in the middle of your busy season again! Good to hear from you!

Jim
Old 2/3/07, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
A command decision has been made!

I nominate Leo into the Council.
All hail Leo... Master Shaker of the Marines!

Old 2/3/07, 10:39 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by DAN4D
I don't want a lot of raspy sound, or this drone stuff
Now, if that's not enough, guess I'll follow your lead & go w/the Pypes H pipe.
Sounds like an oxymoron to me (like Military-Intelligence). Good luck with that!
Old 2/3/07, 01:05 PM
GTR Member

New Midwest Shock (Strut) Tower Covers

Here are some pics of the new Midwest Shock (Strut) Tower Covers. I tried getting different angles so you could get a feel for them.

I've been driving the car though rain for a week, so we aren't looking at the dirt in any of these pictures, we're looking at the covers:

Attachment 18641 Attachment 18642 Attachment 18643 Attachment 18644 Attachment 18645 Attachment 18646

And, before Bill says anything, I already cleaned off my brake reservoir.

----------------

Also, I changed my signature format. I saved 4 lines by doing it this way. Not that anybody said anything, but I do like it better.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4991.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4992.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4993.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4994.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4997.jpg  

Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4998.jpg  
Old 2/3/07, 03:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
You can send an email if you want to Roberta at Midwest (bobbie@midwestcomposite.com), but they were sending them out in the order they were sold initially unless you told them not to.
Not true... Leo and I were the first customers for the covers and were the first sets shipped out by Midwest. And, we're still waiting...

Originally Posted by swwake
Susan's back!

... guess I'll follow your lead & go w/the Pypes H pipe. Probably will have to wait for a while for it to warm up around here before I stick 'em on.
My suggestion is to drive around with the Stingers for a while. Then, if you still want 'LOUDER', go for the O/R H. Some don't care for the O/R H (Tom), but some love it (Leo and I)!

Here are some pics of the new Midwest Shock (Strut) Tower Covers. I tried getting different angles so you could get a feel for them.
----------------
Also, I changed my signature format. I saved 4 lines by doing it this way. Not that anybody said anything, but I do like it better.
I think they look okay. Not fantastic or great, but okay. Like I said before, I'll most likely keep them on my car.

On your siggy, just decreased the font size? Kinda similar to mine.
Old 2/3/07, 03:39 PM

As promised, here's some pics of my new MGW ****. I like it!

Old 2/3/07, 03:39 PM
GTR Member

Not true... Leo and I were the first customers for the covers and were the first sets shipped out by Midwest. And, we're still waiting...
Thought that was because they shipped them to the wrong address?

Susan's back!
I meant to say hello, too!

My suggestion is to drive around with the Stingers for a while. Then, if you still want 'LOUDER', go for the O/R H. Some don't care for the O/R H (Tom), but some love it (Leo and I)!
I agree. I loved it 90% of the time, but totally hated it 10% of the time. Obviously, the 10% of hate outweighed the 90% of love. Jim, here are some videos of my car with Flowmasters and the Pypes H-Pipe: One, two, and three. Sounds great, doesn't it? It was inside that, in my opinion, sounded awful at certain RPMs. Also, I had a friend drive next to me when I held it at those same RPMs and he said it sounded just as awful outside. You'll have to try it for yourself and see - but like I said before - luckily the stock one goes back on just as easy as it comes off!

I think they look okay. Not fantastic or great, but okay. Like I said before, I'll most likely keep them on my car.
I think they look fine. I'm keeping them, too.

On your siggy, just decreased the font size? Kinda similar to mine.
That, and I got rid of Future mods and Extras. And I separated Performance and Appearance mods.

Old 2/3/07, 03:43 PM
GTR Member

As promised, here's some pics of my new MGW ****. I like it!
Looks good. I would get one, too, but I just wish there was a **** on the other side to balance it.
Old 2/3/07, 03:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Susan's back!
Old 2/3/07, 04:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome back Susan !!

+1 on Leo being a Shaker Master... (These are not the Mustangs you seek)

Well, I did it. Put the FRPP srings on my car. Wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be. I'll post before and afters up in a little bit. But wanted to say many thanks to Bill and Leo for convincing me to do it myself..
Old 2/3/07, 06:39 PM

Thought that was because they shipped them to the wrong address?
Nope. There were some guys here in TMS that received their covers before Leo got shipping confirmation.
What get's me is that they shipped the 'test' covers to Leo's new address!

Originally Posted by swwake
Is Susan BA'ing us??

Originally Posted by habu
... wanted to say many thanks to Bill and Leo for convincing me to do it myself..
No prob, Brian! Now post up some pics!
Old 2/3/07, 07:05 PM
GTR Member

Nope. There were some guys here in TMS that received their covers before Leo got shipping confirmation.
What get's me is that they shipped the 'test' covers to Leo's new address!
It's obvious... Leo p!ssed them off.
Old 2/3/07, 07:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow I don't log in for part of the day and I fall behind dramatically.

Bill-The chrome **** looks a thousand times better and fits in with the rest of your MGW stuff.

Tom-The covers don't look that bad but they don't look as good as the orginals. With that being said I'll be keeping mine since the only other option is having the bolts exposed.

Brian-Congrats on doing the spring install. Where's the pics.

Rayman- I bringing my small poster which is only 8x11. I think your poster maybe be a little to much for the Knott's show. I'd say your in the 05-07 class.

Susan-Welcome back.
Old 2/3/07, 07:09 PM

I think you're right!
Old 2/3/07, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Probably. Not my fault the f---ed up perfectly good product.
Old 2/3/07, 07:14 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Tom-The covers don't look that bad but they don't look as good as the orginals. With that being said I'll be keeping mine since the only other option is having the bolts exposed.
They look better in person - I think you'll think the same thing when you see them. Mike and I both like them just fine...
Old 2/3/07, 07:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

They look better in person - I think you'll think the same thing when you see them. Mike and I both like them just fine...
While you maybe right I still insist the originals looked better. They could've kept the look if they'd not half assed the fix.
Old 2/3/07, 07:26 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
While you maybe right I still insist the originals looked better. They could've kept the look if they'd not half assed the fix.
I agree the originals look better, but what else could they have done? They basically curve to clear the hood when it closes - not much else they could have done. There still has to be enough material left to snap into place and at the same time clear the hood.
Old 2/3/07, 07:27 PM

I finally took the car out for a quick spin. Shot a couple vids (nothing crazy), but can't seem to upload them into my Bucket album from Chris' Mac.

But, here's some pics I (and Chris) took.

BTW- Some crow took a crap on the rear quarter panel during my photoshoot! No biggie, a little Z-6 took care of the poop.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)