General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/07, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well since I like the old school Mach1 look I think the Foose hood with the shaker cutout fits the Bill. Additionally since I can't decide on stripes I figure this will go better than having the plain factory hood. The one piece driveshaft seems like a mod good for 15-20HP and looks like something that can be done with some help, Bill/Kevin.

Eitherway way I'll be waiting awhile for the prices to drop on both of these because right now they're way overpriced IMO.

Assuming I like how the SHR louvers turn out that will probably be the next mod I do.
Old 2/1/07, 08:03 PM

Bill

Those are like the ones I shipped back, the Borla 11752's. I've been kicking myself about that whole deal! Told my wife those were the ones I wanted - she got 'em for me for Christmas - then I decided I wanted the Stingers, so shipped the other ones back; cost me $59 to send 'em back! Wonder if that's why, today's our anniversery, she's spending it down in Morelia Mexico w/ a (girl) friend, chasing after Monarch butterflies, & I'm still up here working, & freezing my kazonies off?

Jim

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Jim, looks like we have 2 supporters (John and Ray) of the Ford Racing GTA axle-backs. Looks like you can't go wrong with either.

Here's a GTA vid from a fellow TMS'r comparing it to stock.
Old 2/1/07, 08:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
At first I couldn't figure out why Bill's look better, but I think it is because yours are too far forward.
Bill's are perfect.

I like them either way, but I think yours would be better balanced a little farther back.

Don't listen to Tom. The 281's belong!

Old 2/1/07, 08:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
For all you socal guys interested in the Knott's Berry Farm show here's a link where you can download the registration form.
http://www.fordcarclubs.org/
Cool! Thanks Leo... I hope I can make this one.
Old 2/1/07, 08:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Cool! Thanks Leo... I hope I can make this one.
It's OK if you don't.I'm sure Bill would agree.
Old 2/1/07, 09:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well since I like the old school Mach1 look I think the Foose hood with the shaker cutout fits the Bill. Additionally since I can't decide on stripes I figure this will go better than having the plain factory hood. The one piece driveshaft seems like a mod good for 15-20HP and looks like something that can be done with some help, Bill/Kevin.

Eitherway way I'll be waiting awhile for the prices to drop on both of these because right now they're way overpriced IMO.

Assuming I like how the SHR louvers turn out that will probably be the next mod I do.
+1 on waiting for the prices to drop.

I've been eyeing the 1-piece driveshaft myself as a future mod.
Old 2/1/07, 10:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DAN4D
Those are like the ones I shipped back, the Borla 11752's. I've been kicking myself about that whole deal!
Sorry Jim, this is for you..

Originally Posted by karman
Bill's are perfect.
You're too kind!

Actually, I went to great lengths to make sure they are EXACTLY where I want them. Take a look.

It's okay if Ray signs up... first 4 places to me, Leo, Brain, and Ray (in no particular order... well except for me ...j/k)

Actually, Ray will have a pretty good crack at placing with his GlassBack roof, I think he'll be the only one with it.
Old 2/1/07, 10:34 PM

Well since I like the old school Mach1 look I think the Foose hood with the shaker cutout fits the Bill.
The Shaker cutout fits me?

I just took a look at the hood on the CDC website, looks pretty cool, all aluminum too!

Here's a pic..
Attached Images  
Old 2/1/07, 11:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

April seemed so far away. I really have to get my butt in gear and get a couple things lined up if I am gonna have any chance at all... So instead of getting a new computer it's gonna have to be mods. As much as I wanted a new macbook, I'll have more fun with the mods.
Old 2/1/07, 11:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Old 2/2/07, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by habu
April seemed so far away. I really have to get my butt in gear and get a couple things lined up if I am gonna have any chance at all...
April will be here before you know it!.. only 11 weeks to go.

The only pain part is getting it show ready. On a DD, it can be a full weekend's job detailing from nose to tail. And, that's not including polishing/waxing it.

Getting excited yet?? I thought so!
Old 2/2/07, 08:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here you guys are talking about detailing, waxing, polishing, etc and if any of you could see my car right now, you would absolutely die of shock
It snows, sleets turns to crappy gray/black sludge all over the car. I wash it, at the car wash, every chance I get, then it snows again the next day. This has got to be the worst winter we have had in YEARS.

Attachment 18532

COME ON SPRING HURRY UP

Leo I agree the 281 Emblems are more noticeable on yours, BUT the pictures are so different it is not fair to judge. The first picture has the old wheels, no chin spoiler and is in a different light than the second. I also agree that they are too far forward. I would like to see a TRUE side-by-side comparison for a final judgment. IF you can do that I will give you my final answer (what is this Who Wants To be A Millionaire?) but till then I like without better.
Attached Images  
Old 2/2/07, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Gangin' up on me are we?

Well, if Tom wants to throw up a BIG PIC, so will I!

Belong...

Ok... I see the problem now... Notice that the "grain" on the shaker runs vertically and the "grain" on the emblem runs horizontally. That just ruins the look for me.
Seriously, I didn't think the emblems looked bad or out of place when I saw Bills car. I thought it looked good. I personally would like the 281 to be without a border or individual letters but I thought Bills looked OK.
Old 2/2/07, 09:13 AM
Cobra Member

I was reading some time back about the guys who own Mach 1s that they can take the scoop part off and put a 1 to 2 inch spacer between the scoop and the lower plenum (I guess that is what you would call it). Have you guys ever thought of doing this? It would give it a more aggressive look and maybe grab some more air. Plus... Maybe Leo's emblems would look right.
Old 2/2/07, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Here you guys are talking about detailing, waxing, polishing, etc and if any of you could see my car right now, you would absolutely die of shock
Daryl, thanks for torture testing the CDC Shaker and BSM stripes for us. If it survives your winter, I'm definetely good to go in SoCal!

Originally Posted by pville piper
I was reading some time back about the guys who own Mach 1s that they can take the scoop part off and put a 1 to 2 inch spacer between the scoop and the lower plenum (I guess that is what you would call it).
Yes, it's been brought up by Leo (I think). The Shaker Council shot that idea down, would look too funny sticking up way above the hood line.
Old 2/2/07, 02:24 PM
Cobra Member

"The Shaker Council"

Old 2/2/07, 02:47 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
"The Shaker Council"

Yes... Bill, Tom, and Daryl - the authorities. Have we inducted Leo, yet? To be inducted, Leo, you have to do at least one thing without asking for an opinion first.

-----------------------------

Daryl - Should I change my location to Hurricane AND Tornado Alley?

Guess we have a new Fujita scale to learn... the EF (Enhanced Fujita) Scale. Dang, that and the Saffir-Simpson Scale.

At least I don't have to worry about the Richter Scale, or the VE Index.
Old 2/2/07, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Yes... Bill, Tom, and Daryl - the authorities. Have we inducted Leo, yet? To be inducted, Leo, you have to do at least one thing without asking for an opinion first.
No, Leo has yet to become a Master Shaker. He is still young and must learn the ways of Shaking first.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-shaker-council.jpg  
Old 2/2/07, 03:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not a part of the "shaker council"? Well with all that being said I think I'll be removing the 281 emblems. I'll let you guys know if I decide to keep them off.
Old 2/2/07, 03:18 PM
GTR Member

Yes!!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)