General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/07, 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Funny you should mention that. I actually drove the wife to work today so that when I went to my dentist appt I wouldn't have to drive the stang. Although it's only cloudy overhere not raining. Eitherway I won't chance it. Cleaning the car after driving in the rain is a PITA IMO.
I think I saw you this morning in Coronado just outside the Starbucks, I thought I saw you looking at the car. Nice pajama pants by the way!
Old 1/30/07, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Heard a guy named Chuck734 over at BOF can run the dates, but can't get the PDF window stickers anymore.

Well that was back then... step up to the mic now!

Tell us what's on the mod list for you and we'll give you our useless opinions on them.
Guess I've pretty much already done the mods list thing! Nothing much 'till now, just driving it (at least I was 'till winter set in), but I see she's got like 11,000 miles on her. Haven't had to put 'er down yet! Poor 'ol Barbaro! But I did send back the Borla 11752's (the "quiet" ones) & as soon as I see a credit on my VISA, I guess I'll order the Stingers. Then about the only other thing now is to put on a K&N filter. I want to get a car cover for it, too. My shop where I store it has a couple diesel tow trucks in it, too, so I get some pretty yuckky stuff on it. For now, I've just thrown an extra cover for my Ranger bass boat over it; not real kool!
Old 1/30/07, 07:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo, you're starting to think like me... Obsessed with keeping the car spic and span.

I can see you getting a second car as a beater soon.
Yup that's my plan as soon as I find a source of income.

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
I think I saw you this morning in Coronado just outside the Starbucks, I thought I saw you looking at the car. Nice pajama pants by the way!
Yup that was me. I waved but I didn't think you recognized me. I forgot that you've seen the wifes car when I picked up my wheels. Thanks again for the awesome deal on those. My car looks 1,0000 better with them. (Sorry Daryl) Any chance of you showing up at Qualcomm this week?

Bill-Don't worry I got the USPS tracking numbers for the covers. Looks like they're shipping in two different boxes. Maybe we fell to the bottom of the list after my harsh comments.

I bought my car off the lot since it had everything I wanted except of course the Bullits. I'd love to know the build dates and all that other stuff. I do know that I bought it Feb. 28, 2006. Almost coming up on a year and it's changed so much, but not really.
Old 1/31/07, 10:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Leo and Brian, PM your VIN numbers and I'll see if I can get the build dates for you.
Old 1/31/07, 03:39 PM

Bill

I know I'm thinking about this way too much! But, I wonder if I might be better off to start with the Pypes O/R H pipe & see how they sound w/the stock mufflers? It'd be a lot cheaper & I could always get the Stingers later if they don't pacify me! What do you have to do w/the O2 sensor's when changing over the H pipe?

Jim
Old 1/31/07, 03:45 PM

Oh, now I see, MIL Eliminators!
Old 1/31/07, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Yup that was me. I waved but I didn't think you recognized me. I forgot that you've seen the wifes car when I picked up my wheels. Thanks again for the awesome deal on those. My car looks 1,0000 better with them. (Sorry Daryl) Any chance of you showing up at Qualcomm this week?
The only thing I have planned this weekend is Superbowl on the new big screen in HD. I have a guy that works for me that races his bike down there. I don't plan on racing, but I get a kick outta kids with paper tags still on their cars grenading clutches an stuff. I might be able to swing it. I'll let you know.
Old 1/31/07, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by DAN4D
I know I'm thinking about this way too much! But, I wonder if I might be better off to start with the Pypes O/R H pipe & see how they sound w/the stock mufflers? It'd be a lot cheaper & I could always get the Stingers later if they don't pacify me! What do you have to do w/the O2 sensor's when changing over the H pipe?
Oh, now I see, MIL Eliminators!
Jim, there's a couple things to consider before jumping into an O/R Pipe. Do you have emission testing in OR? If so, how often must your car be tested? Remember, you'll need to swap back in the stock H-Pipe for smog tests.

Smog aside, the exhaust will be loud... very loud, even with the stock mufflers. Even louder than if you were just to change out your axle-backs with Stingers. Be aware of the trumpeting (which bothers some people) and the drone associated with switching to the O/R H and Stingers. If you want to avoid the drone, there's a few axle-backs that will work, Flowmaster A/T's being one.

Then there's the O2 sensors. Got 2 choices, the MIL Eliminators or get a tune.

Don't forget about getting a CAI and Bama tune too!
Old 1/31/07, 07:07 PM

Build dates for Leo and Brian!

Here you go guys... copy & paste this info into a Word doc and save it for your Mustang record. Otherwise, it'll get lost here in this thread and become a PITA to find later on.

Leo:
Receipt Date: 8/5/2005
Serialize Date: 10/13/2005
Segment Date: 10/13/2005
Sequence Date: 10/20/2005
Blend Date: 10/31/2005
Produced Date: 11/9/2005
Gate Release Date: 11/9/2005
Ship Date: 11/9/2005
Arrival Date: 12/14/2005
Sold Date: 2/28/2006

Brian:
Receipt Date: 6/23/2006
Serialize Date: 6/29/2006
Segment Date: 6/29/2006
Sequence Date: 7/17/2006
Blend Date: 7/27/2006
Produced Date: 8/7/2006
Gate Release Date: 8/7/2006
Ship Date: 8/7/2006
Arrival Date: 8/21/2006
Sold Date: 8/25/2006

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order
When the order is received from the dealers (You give the dealer a deposit and they put the order into the order bank.)

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created
When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built
When they figure (roughly) that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built
When they figure the exact day that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day
When they figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle
Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping
Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant
Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle
Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle
You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers
Old 1/31/07, 07:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here you go guys... copy & paste this info into a Word doc and save it for your Mustang record. Otherwise, it'll get lost here in this thread and become a PITA to find later on.

Leo:
Receipt Date: 8/5/2005
Serialize Date: 10/13/2005
Segment Date: 10/13/2005
Sequence Date: 10/20/2005
Blend Date: 10/31/2005
Produced Date: 11/9/2005
Gate Release Date: 11/9/2005
Ship Date: 11/9/2005
Arrival Date: 12/14/2005
Sold Date: 2/28/2006

Brian:
Receipt Date: 6/23/2006
Serialize Date: 6/29/2006
Segment Date: 6/29/2006
Sequence Date: 7/17/2006
Blend Date: 7/27/2006
Produced Date: 8/7/2006
Gate Release Date: 8/7/2006
Ship Date: 8/7/2006
Arrival Date: 8/21/2006
Sold Date: 8/25/2006

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order
When the order is received from the dealers (You give the dealer a deposit and they put the order into the order bank.)

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created
When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built
When they figure (roughly) that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built
When they figure the exact day that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day
When they figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle
Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping
Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant
Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle
Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle
You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers
You are the MAN
Old 1/31/07, 08:37 PM

Bill

Guess I don't understand the Bama Tune thing? Is that where you buy the computer deal that plugs into the car computer? I'm not after any more speed; hell I already got my first speeding ticket in 40 years first week I had this thing! Told the cop I was delivering for meals on wheels, but he failed to see the humor! Then the judge saw me pull into the parking lot and the first thing he said when I walked in was, That thing looks like it's speeding just sitting down there in the parking lot! I knew then I was screwed; sure enough! Just want a little more rumble! I'm from the 60's generation when everybody hopped up everything from lawn mowers to dad's '58 Buick. I don't want a lot of raspy sound, or this drone stuff everybody's talking about, just a little more sound than it's putting out now. I live out in the stix, no emissions testing out here, so I don't think that will be a problem, unless when I come down to the bay area this spring to my nephew's graduation?

Jim

Man, I see you created a monster; I'm going to pass you up in posts in a couple weeks if I keep this up!
Old 1/31/07, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by habu
You are the MAN
Yes I am!

Just too bad I can't get you guys PDF window stickers, that connection over at Blue Oval is no longer there thanks to Ford's legal team of idiots.

Guess I don't understand the Bama Tune thing? Is that where you buy the computer deal that plugs into the car computer?

I'm not after any more speed; hell I already got my first speeding ticket in 40 years first week I had this thing!

...(I want) just a little more sound than it's putting out now.
Doug over at BamaChips sells the XCal2 handheld tuner along with his custom tunes tailored to your car's modifications. Let me just say that both Brian and John are believers in Doug's tunes after a short blast around the block in my car.

First ticket in 40 years?? Sorry! It's too funny! Guess the new Mustang brought back the youth in you.

If you're just looking for a little more rumble out back without the drone and raspiness and not break your bank, the Flowmasters may be the ticket. Tom, Leo and Daryl are all running the Flows and they all seem to be happy with them.
Old 1/31/07, 09:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The only thing I have planned this weekend is Superbowl on the new big screen in HD. I have a guy that works for me that races his bike down there. I don't plan on racing, but I get a kick outta kids with paper tags still on their cars grenading clutches an stuff. I might be able to swing it. I'll let you know.
Well I hope you decide to come out.

Originally Posted by habu
You are the MAN
+1 thanks alot Bill.
Old 1/31/07, 10:18 PM

Well I hope you decide to come out.
Wait.. sounds like Leo's having a Superbowl party and we're not invited??

I don't even watch Football In fact, I have no clue who's playing!
Old 1/31/07, 11:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes I am!

Just too bad I can't get you guys PDF window stickers, that connection over at Blue Oval is no longer there thanks to Ford's legal team of idiots.
I have my original Window Sticker, so no need for PDF. I can always scan it if I ever need to.

Uh, I think he means Qualcomm drag races
Old 2/1/07, 12:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Wink

Bill

Guess I don't understand the Bama Tune thing? Is that where you buy the computer deal that plugs into the car computer? I'm not after any more speed; hell I already got my first speeding ticket in 40 years first week I had this thing! Told the cop I was delivering for meals on wheels, but he failed to see the humor! Then the judge saw me pull into the parking lot and the first thing he said when I walked in was, That thing looks like it's speeding just sitting down there in the parking lot! I knew then I was screwed; sure enough! Just want a little more rumble! I'm from the 60's generation when everybody hopped up everything from lawn mowers to dad's '58 Buick. I don't want a lot of raspy sound, or this drone stuff everybody's talking about, just a little more sound than it's putting out now. I live out in the stix, no emissions testing out here, so I don't think that will be a problem, unless when I come down to the bay area this spring to my nephew's graduation?

Jim

Man, I see you created a monster; I'm going to pass you up in posts in a couple weeks if I keep this up!
I love my FRPP's!

http://www.ninosport.com/Supreme-GT-...=2&category=90

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...3&d=1165805113

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...4&d=1165805113
Old 2/1/07, 01:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't even watch Football In fact, I have no clue who's playing!

We were talking about meeting up for drag racing this Friday, I'll probably go, but I don't feel like beating on the hot rod yet.....still too new for me.
Old 2/1/07, 01:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

We were talking about meeting up for drag racing this Friday, I'll probably go, but I don't feel like beating on the hot rod yet.....still too new for me.
Yup. Don't worry Bill If and when I have a party of any kind I'll make sure to invite you and any other TMS'ers in the area.
Old 2/1/07, 01:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Check out the new ford fuel door.

What do you guys think??
http://www.partscheap.com/scottdrake05.htm
scroll down to the accent strips.
Old 2/1/07, 06:26 AM
Cobra Member

Doug over at BamaChips sells the XCal2 handheld tuner along with his custom tunes tailored to your car's modifications. Let me just say that both Brian and John are believers in Doug's tunes after a short blast around the block in my car.
Dougs tunes rock! Just wish I had the extra money... but now that the Steeda shifter deal fell thru maybe I will shift my pennies that way.

First ticket in 40 years?? Sorry! It's too funny!
You ned to get out more! Seriously, I am sooooooo tired of people telling me I'm going to get a lot of tickets with my new stang. I had a red 97 GT for 9 years and only got one ticket with it. These are most likely the same people who think you have to drive the car hard all the time cause it is a Mustang. What idiots! Drive it like ya stole it is a cool saying but the wear and tear you put on the car will dramatically shorten its' life if not your own.

If you're just looking for a little more rumble out back without the drone and raspiness and not break your bank, the Flowmasters may be the ticket. Tom, Leo and Daryl are all running the Flows and they all seem to be happy with them.
I love my GTAs'. They really sound nice without giving you a headache on a long distance drive. They almost sound stock when new... but they deepen up nicely with time... Mine have about 2500 on them and they sound great! They definately have a little more rumble out back without any drone or raspiness and the price from Ninosport.com is great.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)