Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/06, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Exactly.

Not Starsky and Hutch style.
Hey now... That was started in the mid 70's. The "Jacked up" look is what we called it. It was a cheap way of putting big rubber on deeeeeeep dish chrome reverse rims under most cars. I did it to my 72 Gran Torino and then went away from it. Originally I had a set of Gabriel Hi Jacker air shocks. Man that beast rode rough... and you couldn't see out the rear window! I then put a set of Monroe air shocks on the back. My Dad also had a set of helper shocks (shocks with springs) that I put on the front of the car. This gave the car a slight rake and a much improved ride and handling. I loved that old car!
On more recent news... It wasn't a redneck Christmas here! No parts for my Mustang GT!
Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. The wife and I drove to New Jersey to spend Christmas with my folks. I got 24.7 mpg coming up here and the car was comfortable to drive in long distance.
It's a pain in the butt to drive around here... 50 mph speed limits all over the place and waaaaay to many police! I did have fun the other night leaving some moron in the dust on the way to church on Christmas eve. Man, this car loves the curves! It handles corners and hills like no car I ever owned. There is one spot that zig zags back and forth over rises and around corners that is posted at 20 mph... I was doing 60+ and the car felt smooth and in control the whole time. I never have been able to get much over 45 in any other car. Loads of fun for sure. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!
John
Old 12/27/06, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!
Old 12/27/06, 05:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Best to all for the new year!
Old 12/28/06, 10:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Man, did everyone fall off the earth ??

Opinions needed...

I'm really can't decide between the CDC classic chin spoiler or the GT/CS front facia. I'd put the CDC agressive on the list, but really don't want to cut my bumper to put it on( and am afraid I'd only screw it up).

So CDC Classic or GT/CS facia, what do you think ??
Old 12/28/06, 10:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Do you want the CDC painted to match or just matte black? I think they both look good if it weren't for the money issue I would go with the CS bumper. I chose the CDC because I wanted it matte black and I wouldn't have to deal with taking it to a body shop. You can't go wrong with either.
Old 12/28/06, 11:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
So CDC Classic or GT/CS facia, what do you think ??
I vote for the CDC Classic, but I'm a bit partial.

I'd consider getting it painted VB to match. Not that matte black would look bad, just that you don't have other m-black stuff to match. Unless of course you cut a hole in your hood and install a Shaker!
Old 12/28/06, 11:17 PM

Wow, I've been off the whole week and I haven't even backed the Mustang out from the stable.

I think my New Year's resolution will be to drive it. A lot more.
Old 12/29/06, 12:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

yeah it would be painted Vista Blue. I've been looking at Bill's and a couple others, Mavericks(the guy with the whipple) and I'm starting to like the CDC much more. Especially after seeing it in person. I also think since I want the SSE duck tail that the two would compliment each other better than the GT/CS stuff AND the ducktail... Then again it's a whole lot cheaper and I can spent the extra money on go fast parts.(4.10s !!!)

I *could* do the shaker, but it'd kill me to have to take a saw to my hood. So as cool as they look, I'm sticking with the stock hood.

Yes Bill, you need to get out and DRIVE more. I've got 3700 mile on mine already and it's only been 4 months !, of course it's a daily driver, but still.
Old 12/29/06, 07:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

yeah it would be painted Vista Blue. I've been looking at Bill's and a couple others, Mavericks(the guy with the whipple) and I'm starting to like the CDC much more.
Definitely CDC Classic, it's on my list too.
I *could* do the shaker, but it'd kill me to have to take a saw to my hood. So as cool as they look, I'm sticking with the stock hood.
Chicken.
Yes Bill, you need to get out and DRIVE more. I've got 3700 mile on mine already and it's only been 4 months !, of course it's a daily driver, but still.
Yes he does need to drive it more. I just rolled 10k on my Holiday trip to my Mom's. Sigh, how fast they rack up.
Old 12/29/06, 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Definitely CDC Classic, it's on my list too.
Have you looked at the installation procedure for the CDC aggressive? That thing is nuts. Taking a saw to your chin? Not me.

I think that they want too much for the CDC chin spoliers. Check out Kevin's price for the GT500 chin spoiler. Waaaay below the cost of a CDC...I'm trying to figure out if it would fit the GT chin though...
Old 12/29/06, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CDC Classic here, enroute. Getting the Matte finish and am painting the ends RedFire. So it will be Matte under the Grille, and the rest Painted. Body (Paint) Shop suggested I get it painted with the Matte from them. They said it would be easier to paint the just ends than having to prep the whole thing first.
Old 12/29/06, 09:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Have you looked at the installation procedure for the CDC aggressive? That thing is nuts. Taking a saw to your chin? Not me.

I think that they want too much for the CDC chin spoliers. Check out Kevin's price for the GT500 chin spoiler. Waaaay below the cost of a CDC...I'm trying to figure out if it would fit the GT chin though...
I don't know why but I actually HATE the GT500 Chin spoiler.
Yea I would never install the CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler and have to cut the car up. (Well I guess I did chop a whole in my hood, but...)

And I forgot to mention get the CDC Classic painted to match the VB

Of course these are all just My Opinion
Old 12/29/06, 09:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

BamaChips Revolutions Per Mile Setting Incorrect?

You guys who have the Bamachips SCT tuner might want to check out this thread on Stan's GO.net forum where he goes into the math behind why the revolutions per mile setting on the SCT may be incorrect. I double checked his math and he is off by a fraction of a revolution, but not as much as the 5 revolutions that he thinks that the tuner is off...

http://www.grabberorange.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=122
Old 12/29/06, 10:25 AM

You guys who have the Bamachips SCT tuner might want to check out this thread on Stan's GO.net forum where he goes into the math behind why the revolutions per mile setting on the SCT may be incorrect. I double checked his math and he is off by a fraction of a revolution, but not as much as the 5 revolutions that he thinks that the tuner is off...

http://www.grabberorange.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=122
This subject has been discussed a while back. It sounds like the speedo is off from the factory and not so much as a result of an aftermarket tune.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ht=speedometer
Old 12/29/06, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

ROOKIE!

I got mine the weekend of before labor day and have 11,000 miles on it.
3 trips to Texas, one to Orlando and one to New Jersey... Now thats one well traveled pony!
Old 12/29/06, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
This subject has been discussed a while back. It sounds like the speedo is off from the factory and not so much as a result of an aftermarket tune.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ht=speedometer
But if you read his whole post you will see that the thing that is unclear is what is the Rotations Per Mile setting on the "Stock" setting from BanaChips? He thinks that the "stock" setting on the bamachips is not the actual stock setting from the factory. Or at least he obseerved different results.
Old 12/29/06, 04:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pville piper
ROOKIE!

3 trips to Texas, one to Orlando and one to New Jersey... Now thats one well traveled pony!
HA!! Rookie, Rookie?? I guess it's better than a n00b.

I'd have less but I took a trip to central CA, about 800 miles, in Oct. It helps driving 1.9/day to work. I do want to take a road trip to maybe WA or Oregon one day perhaps next year. That'll put some miles on the OD
Old 12/29/06, 05:27 PM

But if you read his whole post you will see that the thing that is unclear is what is the Rotations Per Mile setting on the "Stock" setting from BamaChips? He thinks that the "stock" setting on the bamachips is not the actual stock setting from the factory. Or at least he obseerved different results.
I see what you mean now.
Guess an e-mail to Doug should clarify (or correct) things. To be honest, it doesn't bother me.

Originally Posted by pville piper
11K? Wow, based my annual mileage thus far, it'll take me 16 years to get there!
Old 12/29/06, 05:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Got my G2 paint kit today. I won't be painting my calipers though untill next week. I'll make sure to take plenty of pics.
Old 12/29/06, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Got my G2 paint kit today. I won't be painting my calipers though until next week. I'll make sure to take plenty of pics.
Cool! Black?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)