Old 7/8/06, 10:35 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris didn't like that "FN HOT GT"?
Old 7/8/06, 10:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Chris didn't like that "FN HOT GT"?
Hahaha! He was just being a ham in front of the camera! (see pic #5 too).
Old 7/8/06, 10:19 PM
GTR Member

Blew away a V6 on the way home. I know it was only a V6... but they claim the 4.0 is still a pretty powerful car.

I came off the turnpike and was sitting in the outer left-hand turn lane. She came flying up and stopped next to me in the inner left-hand turn lane. She was inching forward the whole time, so I knew she was going to take off. I wanted to make it fair, so when the light turned green, I just eased around the outer turn lane (longer) in 1st gear. She, meanwhile in the (shorter) inner turn lane floored it in 1st, shifted to 2nd halfway through the turn and shifted to 3rd when she got going straight.

I'm still in 1st and she's several car lengths ahead of me and flooring it (my window was down and I could hear the car). Well, up ahead in my lane is a slow moving tractor-trailer. So... I shift to 2nd, floor it to 6000 RPM, shift to 3rd as I pass her, floor it again, change lanes and pass the truck at about 80.

She moved over behind the truck and is probably still wishing she'd got a V8!
Old 7/9/06, 09:32 AM

Blew away a V6 on the way home...
I bet she gave you the evil eye as you blew past her!

I thought about running through the gears from a stoplight yesterday on the way home the carshow. Just as the light turned green, I looked over to the left to check for cross traffic and what do you know... A Police cruiser was there checking me out! (Yes, TR GT with stripes sticks out like a ... well, you know.)

Good thing I excercised some maturity (kinda rare! Hehehe!).
Old 7/9/06, 10:06 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I bet she gave you the evil eye as you blew past her!
Wouldn't know... I went past her so fast!

Good thing I excercised some maturity (kinda rare! Hehehe!).
Lucky you weren't out shooting more "Terrorizing Carson" footage.
Old 7/9/06, 04:38 PM
GTR Member

If interested in running out of gas... go here.
Old 7/10/06, 08:37 AM

If interested in running out of gas... go here.
Sounds like you got lucky and ran out of gas at the pump insead of out in the highway somewhere.

Owners Manual doesn't say anything detrimental about running out of gas (pg. 218).

Running out of fuel

Avoid running out of fuel because this situation may have an adverse effect on powertrain components.

If you have run out of fuel:

You may need to cycle the ignition from off to on several times after refueling, to allow the fuel system to pump the fuel from the tank to the engine.
Old 7/10/06, 09:24 AM
GTR Member

Running out of fuel

Avoid running out of fuel because this situation may have an adverse effect on powertrain components.

If you have run out of fuel:

You may need to cycle the ignition from off to on several times after refueling, to allow the fuel system to pump the fuel from the tank to the engine.
Yeah, I guess I didn't do anything bad to the powertrain components since I was barely moving when it stalled. But, then again, it might have been just me stalling it... since I didn't need to wait for the fuel to get to the engine... it started right up.

By the way... when you get down pretty low on fuel, the fuel gauge turns RED no matter what your MyColor choice is!
Old 7/10/06, 10:49 AM

By the way... when you get down pretty low on fuel, the fuel gauge turns RED no matter what your MyColor choice is!
I haven't messed around with the MyColor lights yet, it's still stock white.

I made my 2nd trip to the gas station last Friday, only put $30 or Regular in it. I better hurry and burn this gas if I pull the trigger on a BamaChip 91 Octane Torque tune!
Old 7/10/06, 07:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
I haven't messed around with the MyColor lights yet, it's still stock white.

I made my 2nd trip to the gas station last Friday, only put $30 or Regular in it. I better hurry and burn this gas if I pull the trigger on a BamaChip 91 Octane Torque tune!
You should try RED 511. I run BLUE most of the time 115.
Old 7/10/06, 08:54 PM
GTR Member

I use BLUE, too... I'll have to check if it's 115 when I get in the car tonight. I'll try the 511, too.
Old 7/11/06, 09:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I generally stay on BLUE, but have seen the RED (Impressive, but blends with Needles) and have recently switched to the green, to match the other green lights in the car. Kind of Christmas but like it for some reason.
Old 7/11/06, 04:14 PM
GTR Member

Would these look good in black on my car instead of side scoops?

Old 7/11/06, 05:42 PM

My Shaker sill letters came in today!

I received a set of 3 'MUSTANG' letters along with the horizontal accent stripes (meant for the plastic door sill).

Instructions tell you to apply it wet (like the vinyl stripes). But, I thought, 'Hey, I can put these letters on dry, one shot deal style!".
Big mistake. These decals are so thin, you have to use the soapy solution to float them into place. Good thing I still had my solution from my BSM stripes and 3rd brakelight job.

Do like the instructions tell you, blow dryer and all.

One tip not mentioned is to pre-wet your fingers before lifting the letter off the tape backing. If you don't, the letter will stick to your finger(s). It'll stretch the vinyl and mess it all up. Might be the reason why you get 3 in a set.

Difference is night and day! This is the way CDC should be shipping out their Shaker shrouds.
Bill, Glad you liked them. We try to make sure the instructions are as detailed as possiable but there is always someone who thinks they can get by without reading them, That's why we include an extra set of letters. The First set is usually trashed and then the instructions are read and the other 2 sets get used and look great.

Let me know if there is anything you think can be improved upon on these and I will do my best to get it taken care of. We've had nothing but good comments about them so far, but always like to hear what people think.

DynoJoe
Old 7/11/06, 07:37 PM

Would these look good in black on my car instead of side scoops?
Interesting find, Tom. I haven't seen those on anyone's car yet.

As far as black vs PW, I don't know without a good photoshop.
But, just guessing, I'd say PW only because I'm not sure how the car will look riddled with B&W contrasting parts from nose to tail. Like I said, gotta see it first (on computer).
Old 7/11/06, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by DynoJoe
Let me know if there is anything you think can be improved upon on these and I will do my best to get it taken care of. We've had nothing but good comments about them so far, but always like to hear what people think.
Joe, welcome to the TMS Forums!

Thanks alot for the group buy on the Mustang letters! Getting nothing but thumbs up on them.

Do chime in anytime you have intersting or new products for us.
Old 7/11/06, 08:13 PM

Joe, welcome to the TMS Forums!

Thanks alot for the group buy on the Mustang letters! Getting nothing but thumbs up on them.

Do chime in anytime you have intersting or new products for us.
Thank you sir. I will chime in every once in a while.I am working on getting some new things made for the new GT500 so time is scarse and races are many. Went to Norwalk, Ohio to run in Fun Ford Weekend and then this weekend we have Clash of the titans in Houston to Race our 2 '06 GT's.

I'll get some things done and post up what we've found out works and looks good.
Old 7/12/06, 08:19 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
By the way.. Here is the link for My Color.
http://home.surfree.com/~pauld/mustang.htm
Old 7/13/06, 12:19 PM

Nothing too much going on, just waiting for my quarter window louvers from MRT.

I did get around to swapping out that lower shaker duct rubber sleeve (the one I cut and shortened to fit into the CAI heat shield) with a 4-ply silicone sleeve. It looks much better now, matches the hump hose that's upstream from it.

I noticed that my upper duct that connects to the rear of the scoop is getting pretty loose, probably because of the interference between the hood insulation liner and the duct elbow (right before it turns downward towards the heat shield). I tried to tighten the 2 bolts inside the rear of the scoop, but it's still fairly loose. I have a feeling some nutclip is busted back there. I'll just keep an eye on it.

Modifying the Shaker to accomodate a CAI is a royal pain, but it sure looks purdy!
Old 7/13/06, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=TacoBill]Nothing too much going on, just waiting for my quarter window louvers from MRT.

Thanks for letting us catch up to you bill.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)