General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/06, 12:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Gotta love a woman that Shakes it if only I were so persuasive with the women here
Old 6/16/06, 12:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Crappy chop job but you get the idea.
Attachment 2364
There is a guy on the forum who did this with a PW looked awsome.
Tom there is also a guy that put 281 on the side of his shaker.
lightbar rocks! I don't know about those 18" retros...

I think I prefer the Shelby GT500 still...
Old 6/16/06, 08:02 AM
GTR Member

Crappy chop job but you get the idea.
Attachment 2364
There is a guy on the forum who did this with a PW looked awesome.
Tom there is also a guy that put 281 on the side of his shaker.
If you find pics of either of those, can you post them?
Old 6/16/06, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
If you find pics of either of those, can you post them?
It was actually the same guy that did both.
The stripes weren't the way I thought they were, but here you go.
MUSTANG JACKS
Old 6/16/06, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

It was actually the same guy that did both.
The stripes weren't the way I thought they were, but here you go.
MUSTANG JACKS
Wow, that's pretty sharp. Except for the amber turn signals. And I haven't decided what I think about the red stripes yet. Still need to look and decide whether I like them on that car. Definitely different. Tom, you need the light bar. It's pretty. And what do y'all think that plaque says on the dash?
Old 6/16/06, 08:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swwake
... And what do y'all think that plaque says on the dash?
I think it reads,

2006 Mustang GT
(his name?)
City and state
Old 6/16/06, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I think it reads,

2006 Mustang GT
(his name?)
City and state
Grand Rapids, MI?
Old 6/16/06, 09:16 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by swwake
Wow, that's pretty sharp. Except for the amber turn signals. And I haven't decided what I think about the red stripes yet. Still need to look and decide whether I like them on that car. Definitely different. Tom, you need the light bar. It's pretty. And what do y'all think that plaque says on the dash?
I've seen that car before. I don't like any of the red striping at all (just my opinion). But, the 281 scoop emblem looks ok.

I know one thing... that car leans like a be-otch... look at the gap on the front left (11.jpg) and compare it to the front right (1.jpg).

I decided against the light bar (for now anyway). After you get the light bar, let me know how hard it is to get in and out of the back.
Old 6/16/06, 09:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I've seen that car before. I don't like any of the red striping at all (just my opinion). But, the 281 scoop emblem looks ok.

I know one thing... that car leans like a be-otch... look at the gap on the front left (11.jpg) and compare it to the front right (1.jpg).

I decided against the light bar (for now anyway). After you get the light bar, let me know how hard it is to get in and out of the back.
I don't like the red stripes either, I like the design Mach stripes I chopped on Susans, with the shaker on your PW.
See if anyone can photochop one for you Tom. I might try again but this weekend I will rarely be online.
Old 6/16/06, 09:32 AM
GTR Member

I don't like the red stripes either, I like the design Mach stripes I chopped on Susans, with the shaker on your PW.
See if anyone can photochop one for you Tom. I might try again but this weekend I will rarely be online.
OK... I would like to see it.
Old 6/16/06, 01:20 PM

I hate you guys.

The Dark Side has gotten the better of me.

Shaker is on the way.
Old 6/16/06, 01:24 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NOPE!!!! Ain`t gonna do it.
No holes in MY hood thank-ewe!

Now maybe if I scored ANOTHER hood...............
Old 6/16/06, 01:50 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by KdF
NOPE!!!! Ain`t gonna do it.
No holes in MY hood thank-ewe!
It was a piece of cake!!

Congrats, Bill!!
Old 6/16/06, 10:55 PM

Stripe project is coming along as well as expected. Spent around 3 1/2 hours today on it. Completed the hood, roof, rear deck lid, 3rd brake light and GT emblem. Spoiler and bumpers are tomorrow.

I won't bore you guys with install directions, Daryl did a great job on his write-up. But, I'll post some addt'l pics and info as an addendum to Daryl's write-up.

Hot Tip: Use plenty of fluid!

My kit was a bit shorter in length on the hood and roof stripes compared to Daryl's.

Roof: I barely had the length to tuck the inboard side of the stripes into the weatherstripping above the windshield. In fact, I'm a tad short in the back. I chose the lesser of 2 evils and decided it was more important that the vinyl gets tucked into the weatherstripping. Days from now, after all is dry, I'll pick up a roll of gloss white 1/4" pinstripping to fill in the void in the rear (only partially covers where it's supposed to tuck down into).

Hood has less over-hang too. I could have even both sides a little better, but it came out good. These were a concern for me because the hood will be open at carshows.

3 piece rear: Now I know what Daryl went through. Thanks to his experience, I saved ALOT of grief and time. After laying the GT emblem first (still wet), you have to float in the 3rd brake light vinyl. These 2 pieces WILL NOT MATCH. It's about a 1/16" off on each side; 3rd brake light vinyl being too narrow. I knew that Daryl had to trim the vinyl here, so knowing all of this, I took immediate action instead of waste time trying to line up the impossible. I used a razor and a straight edge to 'feather' the wider part of the emblem vinyl into the narrower brake light vinyl; triangular cut, maybe a little less than a 1/4" in length.

3 piece order: Emblem, brake light, and decklid last. This pattern will allow water to flow down the vinyl steps.

Trunk overlap was minimal too, totally acceptable to me. Again, I think my kit is shorter in length compared to others. Worked great in the areas I did with the exception of the roof.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0909.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0913.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0914.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0916.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0921.jpg  

Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0927.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0931.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0934.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0938.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0941.jpg  

Old 6/16/06, 10:58 PM

Few more pics...

Wish me luck tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0943.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0944.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0945.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0946.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0947.jpg  

Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0950.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0951.jpg  
Old 6/17/06, 07:31 AM
GTR Member

Looks great Bill! You aren't concerned about the roof? He would probably send you a longer piece if you told him what happened. Good luck tomorrow, uh, today!

Am I the only one that notices stuff like that?
Old 6/17/06, 07:32 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I hate you guys.

The Dark Side has gotten the better of me.

Shaker is on the way.
What about your K&N? Are you going to leave it or hook up the shaker system?
I think you will have more HP with the K&N in place, but the shaker system has a cleaner look.
Old 6/17/06, 08:01 AM

Looks great Bill! You aren't concerned about the roof? He would probably send you a longer piece if you told him what happened. Good luck tomorrow, uh, today!

Am I the only one that notices stuff like that?
Very good suggestion on the replacement stripes.

If I can't get the pinstripe to blend in, I'll be asking for longer replacements. That section where it's short really can't be noticed at all because it's in the area where the roof panel steps down into the rear glass.
But, before I do re-order, I have to see how the F&R bumpers go as well as the CDC spoiler. There's a chance BSM may have to send me a bunch of replacement stripes!

On the lean, I was focused on the Shaker, so didn't notice the suspension lean. You have an eagle eye for that one, my sight for that is probably that of a sparrow.
Old 6/17/06, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by karman
What about your K&N? Are you going to leave it or hook up the shaker system?
I think you will have more HP with the K&N in place, but the shaker system has a cleaner look.
I'm keeping my K&N CAI. Not sure if I'll install the heatshield and cut a 3" hole into the side and duct it that way or devise something else. That something else is leaving the H-Shield off and just have the 'cold air' duct point straight to the cone filter!

The later will change my 'warm air' intake to a 'cooler' air intake.
Old 6/17/06, 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the pictures bill. Great work!! Who takes the pic while you are doing this? It is incredible.

Did you use your blow dryer or just let it dry on its own

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)