General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/06, 09:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red & Shantel @ April 30, 2006, 8:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ayway, sun is shining, breeze is blowing and the water is sparkling so I hate to leave y'all but time to hoist a sail.
[/b][/quote]
Nice to see you drop in, Red.

Hope you get the Gremlins out!
Old 5/1/06, 12:48 PM

Midwest painted mirror inserts are installed!

Inserts came well packaged in foam and bubble wrap. Paint match was absolute perfect.
I got shorted some pieces of 2-sided tape and a pack of alcohol wipes, but no biggie, I have a roll of High Performance 3M tape and a bottle of alcohol.

Install was pretty easy, maybe 5 minutes a side.

Out of the box.

Paint match (D3 Colorado Red, aka. Torch Red).

Before

Wiping down area with the provided alcohol pad.

Where I put the tape (FYI.. Only 3 strips are provided with each insert, I used more! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] ).

Backing off the 3M being peeled away.

I aligned the insert along the top edge and both ends, the rest fell in perfectly.

Install complete.

Other side (Driver's).

I'll take better pics outside in the natural sunlight and get the 'big' picture. I installed these in the garage at night.
Old 5/1/06, 06:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great write-up, Bill! As always!

Kzinti update:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...indpost&p=44030
Old 5/1/06, 10:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey guys,
Had a computer meltdown. Just replace the mother board. how the heck is everyone ??
Never got around to finish the mustang vid due to the big crash . Getting everything back in order here. I lost a lot of important stuff.
well I'm back and I guess I have a lot of catchin up to do. borlas getting installed this weekend along with sequentials and tint.
Just put 1000 mile on the stang 2 days ago. have a problem with vapor lock. Sometimes when i turn off my car and try to restart it right away, there seems to be some kind of vapor lock and the car has a hard time turning over. Anyone experience this???
Old 5/1/06, 10:29 PM
GTR Member

Is this when you try to restart it RIGHT away, or after a few minutes? I've never had this problem, but I have turned the key and had the starter just engage for a second and dis-engage. There always seems to be people around when it happens.

The problem? LAZY LEFT FOOT. I don't have the clutch all the way down. I'm right on the edge and during cranking I must lift up a hair just enough to open the clutch switch.

Is your problem similar, or is it cranking for a long time without starting? Or is there a huge load when cranking?
Old 5/1/06, 10:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 1, 2006, 5:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Great write-up, Bill! As always!

Kzinti update:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...indpost&p=44030
[/b][/quote]
Glad Kzinti is back online. I know he appreciated all the kind words we all left for him.

Welcome back, Tony! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Hope you backed up all the Mustang pics and vids we sent... tell me you did, or else! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bat.gif[/img]
Haven't has any vaporlock problems, but then again, I don't think I tried to start the engine right after I shut it down. Hope you get it fixed without much problems.

Tom, thanks for the kudos!

Daryl, coming onboard with a set of these too? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

As promised, here's some pics taken outside. Pretty cool, huh? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Old 5/1/06, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 1, 2006, 10:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Is this when you try to restart it RIGHT away, or after a few minutes? I've never had this problem, but I have turned the key and had the starter just engage for a second and dis-engage. There always seems to be people around when it happens.

The problem? LAZY LEFT FOOT. I don't have the clutch all the way down. I'm right on the edge and during cranking I must lift up a hair just enough to open the clutch switch.

Is your problem similar, or is it cranking for a long time without starting? Or is there a huge load when cranking?
[/b][/quote]
YES When i try to start it right away !! And yes , It does seem like the starter disengages andthe car tries to turn over really rough and quits.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 1, 2006, 10:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Glad Kzinti is back online. I know he appreciated all the kind words we all left for him.

Welcome back, Tony! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Hope you backed up all the Mustang pics and vids we sent... tell me you did, or else! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bat.gif[/img]
Haven't has any vaporlock problems, but then again, I don't think I tried to start the engine right after I shut it down. Hope you get it fixed without much problems.

Tom, thanks for the kudos!

Daryl, coming onboard with a set of these too? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

As promised, here's some pics taken outside. Pretty cool, huh? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]
HEY BILL !! car looks great !!! I did burn the vids and pics on dvd . they are all saved. back to work. I just got my computer up and running 3 hours ago. I still have to reinstall a lot of software.
Old 5/1/06, 10:46 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 2, 2006, 12:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>As promised, here's some pics taken outside. Pretty cool, huh? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
Would even look nicer with those "Rotorpros cross-drilled/slotted zinc plated rotors"! See my sig!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 2, 2006, 12:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think I tried to start the engine right after I shut it down. [/b][/quote]I don't think I have either... whatcha doin' that for?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 2, 2006, 12:36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Daryl, coming onboard with a set of these too? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [/b][/quote] Yeah, would look great in Vista Blue, too!
Old 5/1/06, 11:12 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ May 1, 2006, 9:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
YES When i try to start it right away !! And yes , It does seem like the starter disengages andthe car tries to turn over really rough and quits.
HEY BILL !! car looks great !!! I did burn the vids and pics on dvd . they are all saved. back to work. I just got my computer up and running 3 hours ago. I still have to reinstall a lot of software.
[/b][/quote]
Like Tom suggested, make sure your depressing the clutch all the way to the floor prior to all engine starts. Something you can rule out if the problem continues.

Thanks, Tony! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Glad you saved all our stuff onto DVD. Now we won't have to rough you up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 1, 2006, 9:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Would even look nicer with those "Rotorpros cross-drilled/slotted zinc plated rotors"! See my sig!

Yeah, would look great in Vista Blue, too!
[/b][/quote]
You tempting me on the Rotorpros? (it's working! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] )

I agree, would look great in VB! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/1/06, 11:33 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 2, 2006, 1:15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>You tempting me on the Rotorpros? (it's working! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] )[/b][/quote]You know what will happen if you get them, don't you? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 08:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 1, 2006, 11:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Daryl, coming onboard with a set of these too? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
I doubt it, hard time justifying $75 for two peices of plastic. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] , of course I just spent $100 on aluminum pedals, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Still trying to justify the price on the MGW peices I want. I am such a tightwad sometimes, drives me crazy. I spend $26k on the car and won't turn loose of $100. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Speaking of MGW stuff I am thinking about going astray just a bit from you guys. Although I love the look of the cupholder bezel, I hear (and seen pictures) that it reduces the cupholder holes to the point you cannot even put a can in the front hole. Can't do that, so I thought about the e-brake handle and leave the cupholder stock. You guys think that would look ok or weird ? (Silver anodized of course)
OK Here is another thought to ponder.
Can you Powder Coat the brake calipers? I had an idea if it would work. Instead of painting the calipers and have the paint chip, crack and not match the car, how about color matched powder coated calipers?
Old 5/2/06, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 29, 2006, 8:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don't like my Avatar ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img] I did that one JUST for Susan [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]I saw that! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

there's my "orange" avatar
Old 5/2/06, 08:27 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ May 2, 2006, 7:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I saw that! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
there's my "orange" avatar
[/b][/quote]
Wow! We're all matching... like we're in a club or something! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Tony may not get rid of the Bono avatar though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 08:41 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 2, 2006, 10:12 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I doubt it, hard time justifying $75 for two peices of plastic.[/b][/quote]Do it... it's WAAAAAY worth the $75! You should do it, too, Susan! They look really good. But, do they make a Colorado Orange?<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>so I thought about the e-brake handle and leave the cupholder stock. You guys think that would look ok or weird ? (Silver anodized of course)[/b][/quote]That would look good, too. But, Bill and I didn't use any means of adhesion for the cup holder bezel. So you can just take it in and out as your heart desires. And it doesn't rattle.

Susan, now that your schedule isn't so, uh, taxing anymore... gonna update that sig?
Old 5/2/06, 08:43 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 2, 2006, 7:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do it... it's WAAAAAY worth the $75!That would look good, too. But, Bill and I didn't use any means of adhesion for the cup holder bezel. So you can just take it in and out as your heart desires. And it doesn't rattle.
[/b][/quote]
Daryl- Do it.. do it.. do it.. (just get everything; bezels, plugs, caps, this and that..) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

It's only money, you can make some more later.

Tom- Have you tried to put a soda can in the front bezel hole? Sounds like that may be the deciding factor with Daryl.
I've never tried a can of pop. My #1 rule, bottled water (with cap) only! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] And hey, it's good for you too!

btw- If not the bezel, the e-brake will be cool.

We won't mention the cost of new rotors to you yet, don't want to chase you away! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 08:50 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 2, 2006, 10:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Tom- Have you tried to put a soda can in the front bezel hole? Sounds like that may be the deciding factor with Daryl.[/b][/quote]Doesn't fit, but it fits fine in the rear hole. How many soda cans do you need at one time, anyway? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>We won't mention the cost of new rotors to you yet, don't want to chase you away! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img][/b][/quote]The price is very reasonable.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 2, 2006, 10:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>My #1 rule, bottled water (with cap) only! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] And hey, it's good for you too![/b][/quote]I don't eat to live, I live to eat!
Old 5/2/06, 08:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 2, 2006, 9:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Doesn't fit, but it fits fine in the rear hole.[/b][/quote]
OMG, I am leaving that one alone [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ May 2, 2006, 9:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't eat to live, I live to eat![/b][/quote]
That is my quote about work. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 08:52 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 2, 2006, 7:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OMG, I am leaving that one alone [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I'll leave that one alone too! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 08:54 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ May 2, 2006, 10:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>OMG, I am leaving that one alone [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img][/b][/quote]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ May 2, 2006, 10:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll leave that one alone too! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Me, too...

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)